An MMORPG that could crush WOW

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
POkemon. If that series were given the mmorpg treatment it would be unbeatable. all the stuff is there for it to happen granted i doubt the wii could pull it off but that orld deserves and needs to be in full 3d and with all the diff regions and areas and have pokemon free roaming all over the place itd be a hell of a game. why is it that nintendo hasnt even tried to do this yet?

another thing the game should allow you to do is be a badguy. i think at some point they mentioned how the way you treat your pokemon can affect them in diff ways not only that itd be cool to join one of those evil organizations that go around trying to steal pokemon to try and take over the world or whatever it is evil people like to do. yeah i know it probably wont happen but its a damn shame.

with all the diff types of pokemon trainers, breeders and the like you could have a game thats always growing. hell you could even grow and raise and sell pokemon and if possible find a way to be able to take pokemon you buy in the mmorpg and transport them to a ds game for use. i know the game would sell like crazy due to the already huge pokemon fanbase around the world and nintendo coudl take this chance to go into the pc game market as well. will it ever happen probably not but if it did it would be amazing to see.

who here wouldnt want to compete in an online world wide pokemon battle with virtual or real prizes on the line?

Last edited by a moderator:
require hosted servers, which nintendo doesn't do.

plus someone would feel bad enslaving kids to play a game... someone at Nintendo.

but it would print money, lots of money.

Get them hooked before WoW.

Probably because Nintendo doesn't have the first clue how to properly implement a successful MMO. IIRC, they haven't even made an outstanding Pokemon game on consoles, much less one that would have to be sustainable.

[quote name='lokizz']POkemon. If that series were given the mmorpg treatment it would be unbeatable. all the stuff is there for it to happen granted i doubt the wii could pull it off but that orld deserves and needs to be in full 3d and with all the diff regions and areas and have pokemon free roaming all over the place itd be a hell of a game. why is it that nintendo hasnt even tried to do this yet?[/quote]

It would be hard to pull of friend codes in an MMO. But my real vote goes to potential headaches with pedos.

I do think it would be successful but WoW has been out for so long now and has developed such a strong following even if Blizzard individually raped all their customers you would still only have few that would convert to Pokemon MMO.

its not so much about converting others as getting the already huge pokemon base to get into this. as far as the pedo problem that would be hard to contend with. you could have people regularly checking for that kind of activity ( like chris hansen) but for the most part maybe you could do some kind of age lock where you cant talk to characters of a certain age or maybe have age restrictive servers.

i know nintendo doesnt do these kinds of things but it wouldnt be too hard to find someone who knows how to to help out.

The one major problem I see with a Pokemon MMO would be that Nintendo would be too conservative and infrequent with updates, and the userbase would slowly peter out. I'd want them to make several good standalone console games and revamp the portable franchise first before I'd have any confidence in them making a successful MMO.

Also, I'd like to see them handle online gaming and DLC better before they even think of making an MMO.

[quote name='G33']The one major problem I see with a Pokemon MMO would be that Nintendo would be too conservative and infrequent with updates, and the userbase would slowly peter out. I'd want them to make several good standalone console games and revamp the portable franchise first before I'd have any confidence in them making a successful MMO.

Also, I'd like to see them handle online gaming and DLC better before they even think of making an MMO.[/QUOTE]

"too conservative and infrequent with updates" = nintendo in a nutshell

It is a good idea. It really IS all there. But, it'll never happen.
If it does happen, I'd only be interested if Nintendo let Blizzard make it :D

[quote name='neocisco']Probably because Nintendo doesn't have the first clue how to properly implement a successful MMO. IIRC, they haven't even made an outstanding Pokemon game on consoles, much less one that would have to be sustainable.[/QUOTE]
Since when don't handhelds count as consoles?
Every main Pokemon game released on the handhelds have been amazing... if they just did that, but instead of real trainers, it's real people, that'd work awesome. Though of course, only about 100 people per server or something.

Oh no, not this again. Don't tell Strell about this thread...:lol:

I for one think a Pokemon MMORPG would be awesome (yes I know it will never happen). But, I would not be satisfied if it was the same DS Gameplay but in an MMO environment. I'd like a full on 3d cell shaded experience. It would be so cool to see all the enviroments and the pokemon roaming free (bring me back to the days of Pokemon snap!).

[quote name='DarkNessBear']pokemon roaming free (bring me back to the days of Pokemon snap!).[/QUOTE]
Pokemon Snap was on rails.

:lol:

A Pokemon Persistent Online World (the term MMO is archaic) might be more plausible for the next, real handheld after the DS/DS Lite/DSi. Charging kids' parents each month who would feel safe with anything Nintendo. Nintendo still clings to their Japan culture and it is heavilly handheld-based.

Just got my mind blown today lurking on another forum.

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

bread's done
Back