Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, Threes is seriously addicting. Keep finding myself thinking of different strategies in order to beat my high score instead of what I'm supposed to be thinking of at the time (like work). Still $1 off on Google Play.

Threes - $2.99 $1.99

EDIT: For some reason, I thought the OP was wiki'd. Worth adding, MrNinjaSquirrel?
Whoops, guess I missed that one, added. I don't have the OP being a wiki since they are fairly unreliable on 3.0 and I'd prefer not to have the thread cave in on itself if CAG decides to glitch out like it often does. If I miss something (like I often do), post it and I'll be sure to add it quick as I can.

Whoops, guess I missed that one, added. I don't have the OP being a wiki since they are fairly unreliable on 3.0 and I'd prefer not to have the thread cave in on itself if CAG decides to glitch out like it often does. If I miss something (like I often do), post it and I'll be sure to add it quick as I can.
No problem and thanks for all your work on this thread. :)

Ive been wondering whats going on with their 10in tablets. Got the gf the 7in one a couple years back and she loves it but now wants the 10 and the 7 is starting to have some hardware issues.  Keep telling her to wait until they announce the hardware refresh on the 10's, figured it would have been last holiday season but guess not

That last rumor I read is that an 8 inch may come out this summer. That would be good for me personally. Easier to hold but big enough to still do minor work on.

Ive been wondering whats going on with their 10in :censored: . Got the gf the 7in one a couple years back and she loves it but now wants the 10 and the 7 is starting to have some "hardware" issues.
That last rumor I read is that an 8 inch may come cum out this summer. That would be good for me personally. Easier to hold but big enough to still do :censored: .
Oh Guys, its all about the context... I couldnt help but laugh. After some reading and some slight editing Viola! Way to spice up the Android deals thread :booty:

I've been playing a lot of Fiesta Run lately (while my MPQ characters heal, obviously). What differentiates Jungle Run from Fiesta Run? Is it worth it to have both?
One thing is that Jungle Run isn't compatible with my HP Touchpad running IceCreamSandwich Cyanogen, but Fiesta Run is, despite that being the newer release. Even stranger is that Jungle Run is compatible with my ICS phone, but Fiesta Run isn't. :oldman:

Tomorrow might be another good one in the US. In Australia they are giving away $50 worth of apps.

POLARIS Office
MONOPOLY
Worms 2: Armageddon (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Dr. Panda's Airport
Swype Keyboard
Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots
mSecure - Password Manager and Secure Digital Wallet
PrintHand Mobile Print Premium
Runtastic PRO GPS Running Walking & Fitness Tracker
SketchBook Pro
Worms 2: Armageddon

The free app of the day in Australia is Toca Lab ($2.99 value). That'll probably be free for the US tomorrow.

Looks like they added more freebies to the US line up. The freebies are only from Friday - Saturday, so don't miss out.

Link

Also, the Kindle Editions of Scrabble, The Game of Life, & Need for Speed: Most Wanted are all $0.99 each (normally $4.99)

They also have Bejeweled 2 for $0.99 (normally $2.99)

Link

I grabbed a couple of the free games (I wish they had some non-Kindle versions).

If you don't have Swiftkey and are using the standard keyboard for whichever device you have, Swype is a good alternative. To be honest, because Swiftkey has a 'swype' ability too, I don't use it much and just type normal.

Bardbarian just hit the Play store for free. Listed for $0.99 on iTunes and Amazon.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.treefortress.Bardbarian
I haven't tried this one yet, but from past experience, the always free versions on Google Play tended to be trial versions and you had to unlock the full version from within the app. Blocky Roads is a good example. It's free on Google Play, but it only has 3 levels unlocked, but you unlock the full version for $1.99 within the app. On Amazon it sells for $1.99. I assume all the levels are unlocked.

I do prefer Google Play though, if I had a choice and it is nice to have the free versions to try it out. The Blocky Roads is pretty fun, even with the 3 levels they give you.

Anyway, I just noticed that in Australia and Japan, the Free App of the Day is Bardbarian - Golden Lute Edition. So there's a good chance it'll be free for the US tomorrow.

Thoughts on the Swype keyboard?
If you don't have Swiftkey and are using the standard keyboard for whichever device you have, Swype is a good alternative. To be honest, because Swiftkey has a 'swype' ability too, I don't use it much and just type normal.
I used both for a long time (at least 2 years each). Swype's "swype" function are significantly better at predicting. You can type pretty fast using it, like 40 wpm fairly easily. But touch typing isn't as good, for the times you need to use it (such as when you can't remember the spelling of a word, or it's a word not really in the dictionary).

The touch type prediction of Swiftkey is hands down better than any prediction Swype has, but the Swiftkey flow (their "swype") is not nearly as good. It's often wrong, and gives you really random words. Swiftkey seems to update common words really fast when major events happen, such as Malaysia coming up more frequently due to recent events, which is neat.

That said, I still prefer Swiftkey.

It has some questionable permissions, such as access to your call logs.
It was probably just made by some guy who wants girls' phone numbers. "Hey baby, dump that loser boyfriend, I have proof he calls phone sex hotlines. Wanna go out with an official Android app-maker? ;D"

The game is very good IMO. If you have ever played Wipeout on a Sony console/handheld just picture that but on water. With tricks.
According to Reddit: Riptide GP2 was one of the first games to use google play game services, which means it has real-time multiplayer, achievements, leaderboards.

Apparently real-time MP is the big draw.

Also, for those who care, Riptide GP2 was in the Humble Mobile Bundle 4 (the bundle that ended last week), so you might already own it.

Edit: @Gilby True. Just letting people know in case they already have it downloaded so they don't have to bother going through the Amazon app to re-dl.

New daily giveaway site/app.  From the people who do giveawayoftheday.com (I've been getting stuff from them for years, then my hard drive crashed, I lost every license, and stopped following).

http://android.giveawayoftheday.com/

The original site only gives you 24 hours to get the license for the full version of one program, but the Android one seems to have a nice big list of stuff to get on top of the daily one.

I picked up The Rockets the other day, you d/l the free version, then put the code APPOFTHEDAY in the code section to unlock the full game. (same method/code with Piano Master)

Today's free app is Tiny Thief, but I don't think this one is actually discounted since it shows as free on GooglePlay now that they've updated in-game purchases options...

Anyone else get a e-mail from Amazon with a $5 promo credit in honor of the Appstore's birthday?

Must be used before April 30 and good on Apps and games.

Just what I need, more credit for apps that are usually out of date. Plus I already have tons of coins I dont use.

If half the good apps weren't kindle fire versions I think Id go more crazy in the appstore.

I didn't get an email. Hopefully they're going out in waves and I'll still get one. But I agree. I have over $10 in coins and still $2 in credit that expires this week.

I didn't get an email. Hopefully they're going out in waves and I'll still get one. But I agree. I have over $10 in coins and still $2 in credit that expires this week.
Its just sad, even with the free credits and coins they dont really entice us to buy more. With everything being a kindle fire version or terribly outdated they have to give it away just to get us to come back.

Then there's the CAG side of me too. Why use coins/credit when it may become the faotd? I used my credit to buy COGS, since I liked the steam version, then what happened? FAOTD! Then I keep looking at the zen pinball tables & the CAG creeps up on me again. Why pay $2 for 1 marvel or star wars table when I could get a better app on sale & get more coins back. Problem is I never find a better app worth spending the coins/credit on.

Also with all this Kindle fire only crap Im having a hard time keeping up with what I can and cant download. For some reason I was looking at Sonic 2 on my phone. When I clicked it, instead of saying purchase it said install. I just checked on Amazon & apparently that was a free game on Christmas. Since its compatible with my Kindle fire, Im guessing it was a kindle fire only game previously. I understand Kindle is Amazon's product but if they want to promote an android appstore as well they need to change their tactics.

Yeah there's always a chance certain games are FAOTD. I typically use my credit on games from big companies that won't give it away. I'm eying Scribblenauts with my expiring credit, for example, because I doubt a Warner Bros. game will ever be the FAOTD.

bread's done
Back