Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks slidey. Hope that Ninja Turtles game is decent. That Sonic game is the first one but it's an excellent conversion - you can do the spin dash and play as Tails.

Ninja Turtles is cool, but you have to play a lot to unlock anything due to how they implemented micro-transactions. And for a retail $4 game as well.

Currently playing:

• Quiz RPG - Sort of a combination Quiz/Pokemon monster battler game. Okay, but a little tedious.
  • Dragon Realms - slow going, difficult menus.
  • Middle Manager of Justice - can't get past the last Alien battles
  • Order & Chaos Duels - can't get past the boss. should give up. I'm not paying money for a card booster pack
  • Marvel Heroes Puzzle Quest - love this. Probably spend more time doing tournaments than the main story.
  • Tiny Death Star - Fun, but it's not progressing much. It's just build a level, build more apartments, put them to work. The missions aren't varied enough.
  • Tiny Thief - okay. not bad for a quick little puzzler
  • Plants Vs Zombies 2 - not quite my thing. The levels take too long for quick bursts of playing.
  • Simpsons Tapped Out - I usually just check in to progress whatever the current storyline is. I don't even bother tapping on houses or giving everyone jobs now.
Probably have about at least another half dozen or more games just saved to my wishlist that I can't get around to even trying out.

hey can a bad app  screw up your system..

i downloaded the battle bears what was free off amazon the other day and  NOW  50% of my other apps will  NOT OPEN.

some will open. some crash when opened and others just  turn a darker  screen and then freeze when they try to open (screen is frozen)

amazon CS it too stupid to understand what im trying to ask them..

On a related note, GameStop is selling the Moga Pocket Android controller for $14.99 through close of business today. I bought one for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Can anyone suggest good Moga compatible games? I already have Dead Trigger and Riptide GP.

amazon CS it too stupid to understand what im trying to ask them..
I want to say something here but I can't without sounding like a dick. Instead, do you have enough space? You need about 400MB free for many mobile devices before they go into critical state and only run important system files.

I want to say something here but I can't without sounding like a dick. Instead, do you have enough space? You need about 400MB free for many mobile devices before they go into critical state and only run important system files.
well all of my games would not download had around 500 mb left all failed to install so i was told to do a factory reset. Which i did. and only redownloaded some the crap i had into it so now have 1.5 or so GB left and now the apps are acting up like this. everytime you call they do HOLD THE POWER BUTTON FOR 20 seconds. Factory reset it blah blah blah.. Dudes if the system crashed once already dont you think i would of tried those steps before i even call you,

system is around 3 weeks old i may just return the freaking thing and keep the ipad mini i got coming from best buy. the ipad cant be as bad as the freaking kindles

Added new deals to OP, a few interesting sales this week so far.

Also just wanted to apologize for the lack of updates recently, I was a bit busy during the weekend and it sorta slipped my mind :cry:

Added new deals to OP, a few interesting sales this week so far.

Also just wanted to apologize for the lack of updates recently, I was a bit busy during the weekend and it sorta slipped my mind :cry:
No prob, you do a good job especially considering how dead the OP was before you created a new thread.

well all of my games would not download had around 500 mb left all failed to install so i was told to do a factory reset. Which i did. and only redownloaded some the crap i had into it so now have 1.5 or so GB left and now the apps are acting up like this. everytime you call they do HOLD THE POWER BUTTON FOR 20 seconds. Factory reset it blah blah blah.. Dudes if the system crashed once already dont you think i would of tried those steps before i even call you,

system is around 3 weeks old i may just return the freaking thing and keep the ipad mini i got coming from best buy. the ipad cant be as bad as the freaking kindles
No, you gotta hold the power button for 20 mins.

Carcassonne is great and not only is it worth more than free, but now that it is free is most definitely worth downloading and playing right now.

Carcassonne is great and not only is it worth more than free, but now that it is free is most definitely worth downloading and playing right now.
I did the "Try It Now on Your PC" thing on Amazon, and I won that sh*t on my first game. I'll definitely be playing again, then forcing my gf to play, then buying the physical version of the game. I did this recently with Ticket to Ride as well, after Amazon gave the Steam version away with the launch of their Indie Store.

You can try Android apps on your PC through Amazon? That's amazing.

There's a game on Google Play called Bounty Hunter: Black Dawn that is pretty much a ripoff of Borderlands. There used to be the full version and demo up but now I can't find the demo. If you click the full version, it's apparently free right now. I can't verify that it's the full game, but does appsales not catch these? I guess it only catches price reductions and if the game goes free for a limited time it slips under the radar. It definitely caught it when Bounty Hunter went on sale once for 99 cents.

well the kindle finally went nuts and took out  half of my apps  so amazon said  send it back  to get a  4th replacment sent out sometime.

they told me to spend the extra cash for the 16gb  cause they said the 8gb is for  READING BOOKS ONLY      the 8gb  can not handle games  (might be true cause when i got down to 1.5 gb  the system went nuts)  

o well.

might wait and see if they do an xmas sale 

sweet, catans been on my list for a while.  Though some of the comments appear to make it out to be a dlc fest, or at least require dlc purchases to make it feel like a full game

Since Australia is usually ahead of us by a day, you can see the next day's app of the day early.

http://www.amazon.com.au/mobile-apps/b/ref=sa_menu_adr_app?ie=UTF8&node=2544160051

So usually the same app will be offered for free on Amazon.com the next day.

You can try Android apps on your PC through Amazon? That's amazing.

There's a game on Google Play called Bounty Hunter: Black Dawn that is pretty much a ripoff of Borderlands. There used to be the full version and demo up but now I can't find the demo. If you click the full version, it's apparently free right now. I can't verify that it's the full game, but does appsales not catch these? I guess it only catches price reductions and if the game goes free for a limited time it slips under the radar. It definitely caught it when Bounty Hunter went on sale once for 99 cents.
Thanks. Here's the link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ifreyrgames.blackdawn&hl=en

So I have 8 gig of storage on my phone, but whenver I get close to filling up 4 gig of app storage my phone says I'm running out of space and need to delete things.

Explain? Where's that missing 4 gig hiding?

Would getting an SD card help? (I have a Motrola Photon Q, btw)

So I have 8 gig of storage on my phone, but whenver I get close to filling up 4 gig of app storage my phone says I'm running out of space and need to delete things.

Explain? Where's that missing 4 gig hiding?

Would getting an SD card help? (I have a Motrola Photon Q, btw)
I think the rest of the space all goes to Android's needs.

You cannot install apps to the external SD on the Photon Q. Even with the custom ROMs that I've used I haven't been able to. You can put music, photos, video, backups, etc. on the microSD to free up some space, but it can't be used for app storage.

There is a custom ROM that let's you switch the internal and external storage so Android will treat a microSD card as internal storage, which would give you 16, 32, or even 64 (I think) depending on which card you get. This will void your warranty and would probably be very tricky if you don't have much prior knowledge on doing that sort of thing.

I think the rest of the space all goes to Android's needs.

You cannot install apps to the external SD on the Photon Q. Even with the custom ROMs that I've used I haven't been able to. You can put music, photos, video, backups, etc. on the microSD to free up some space, but it can't be used for app storage.

There is a custom ROM that let's you switch the internal and external storage so Android will treat a microSD card as internal storage, which would give you 16, 32, or even 64 (I think) depending on which card you get. This will void your warranty and would probably be very tricky if you don't have much prior knowledge on doing that sort of thing.
^ this. please know that using a microSD as if it were internal storage (mounting it for system files/apps) is risky business - it can be unstable and frustrating. i went through the whole mess of it with my Nexus One. your best bet, IMHO, is to get a phone with more storage space.

But why does it say my storage space is full at 4 gig when I have 8 gig total storage space? What's that other 4 gig being used for? (On the system storage screen it shows Apps, Music, Video, Downloads) And the bar is nearly full at 4 gig. 95% of that 4 gig is just apps.

But why does it say my storage space is full at 4 gig when I have 8 gig total storage space? What's that other 4 gig being used for? (On the system storage screen it shows Apps, Music, Video, Downloads) And the bar is nearly full at 4 gig. 95% of that 4 gig is just apps.
Your phone is partitioned to have 4.6GB* available to the user and the rest is tucked (hidden) away for the OS (system files, cache, recovery, etc)

For comparison, my 16GB Nexus 4 has 12.92GB available for apps, downloads, etc...

*=if this website is to be believed -> http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3839

edit: engadget states it, too -> http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/21/motorola-photon-q-4g-lte-review/

Ok, the free app of the app is different than what Australia had this time. It was the same app the past few days.

This time the free is a good one.

Riptide GP

It's from the makers of Hydro Thunder. The second game Riptide GP2 is on sale for $0.99.

Beach Buggy Blitz is one of their games that's always free.

New deals added to OP:

Google Play

Games

Crystallight Defense - $2.95 $1.99

Fist of Awesome - $3.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous

Blue Sleep Therapy - $1.99 $0.99

Amazon App-Store

Free-App-Of-The-Day

Atriviate  - Normal Price: $1.99

BigFish Games Sale

Web of Deceit: Black Widow Collector's Edition - $2.99 $0.99

Forgotten Riddles: The Mayan Princess - $1.99 $0.99

Drawn: The Painted Tower $1.99 $0.99

Lamp of Aladdin - $1.99 $0.99

Antique Road Trip: USA - $1.99 $0.99

Season Match - $1.99 $0.99

Fisher's Family Farm - $1.99 $0.99

The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition - $2.99 $0.99

Magic Farm - $1.99 $0.99

Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect - $1.99 $0.99

The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon  - $1.99 $0.99

Azada - $1.99 $0.99

Patchworkz - $1.99 $0.99

Mahjong Towers Touch - $1.99 $0.99

Azada: Ancient Magic - $1.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Sales

Splashtop Remote Desktop - $4.99 $2.49

NeoCal Advanced Calculator - $9.99 $4.99

PolyClock World Clock - $2.99 $1.49

SkinnyNote Notepad Notes - $1.99 $0.99

Genius Scan+ - $1.99 $0.99

Too bad all most all the Big Fish sale is "Kindle Tablet Edition" games. Guess I'll try Antique Road Trip maybe. Thanks for the list.

Not thread-crapping since I own both, but lately Android sales for a $1.00, seem to be free on the IOS side (Sprinkle, and Islands come to mind).  Tough to compete with free.

Speaking of free, the ComiXology app is having a promotion with a free comic book every day for 12 days. Yesterday it was Batman #13; today is Lazarus #1.

Not thread-crapping since I own both, but lately Android sales for a $1.00, seem to be free on the IOS side (Sprinkle, and Islands come to mind). Tough to compete with free.
Apparently this is more on Google's end for not making it easy to do free giveaways than developers being stingy. The creator of Simple Physics recently sent out an email lamenting this fact, as he instead had to create new store pages for all his apps when he decided to briefly give them away. For most developers I think it's just too much hassle, but I imagine they would match their iOS sales if they could.

Apparently this is more on Google's end for not making it easy to do free giveaways than developers being stingy. The creator of Simple Physics recently sent out an email lamenting this fact, as he instead had to create new store pages for all his apps when he decided to briefly give them away. For most developers I think it's just too much hassle, but I imagine they would match their iOS sales if they could.
Specifically: once a dev releases as FREE on Google Play, they can't change to premium.

Is that an app that lets you read all the comics you want for a flat monthly fee? I've been looking for something like that.
It's a general comic book store it seems. They have free previews and sales from time to time. They advertise 99 cent books often.

Today's free comic book is Red Sonja #1.

Looks like they all dropped by 50%...except for Game Dev Story. Which is the only one I'm interested in.

Are any of the others worth a look?
i picked up dungon a little while back for 4.50 OUCH (like nov 21) its an okay game.

i grabbed tonight

Pocket stable and

Grand Prix Story

rest of games i see up for sale and odds i will buy them

pocket leauge 2 bucks very unlikely could never get into it on the pc side

Cafeteria Nipponica 50/50 going to play it on pc for awhile
Ninja village 2.50 i will pass on this one never could get into it

world cruse story 2.50 50/50 still need to play it on pc

pocket ad. 2.00 pass did not care for it for the pc 1 hour

venture towns 2.50 heard it was good never tried it yet

mega mall story 2.00 very boring

hot spring story 2.50 never could get into it