Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
question if i wanted to collect the dragonball z movies would it be ideal to just get the movie 4 packs on dvd? or should i hunt down the various blu rays? quality really doesn't matter. blu is going to be an obvious upgrade however i'm not down to spend 20-30 bucks for just two movies. what do y'all think?
I think you just answered your own question.

My shakugan no shana movie from clover media came with the slip cover. Cover shows some wear but for 6.49, i aint complainin
I had a very random dream that I picked up my case for S1 and it said "S1 + Movie" and I was like "WHAT". Then I woke up and saw I trolled myself in a dream. Anyway, my copy of that and Robotic;notes is still on the way.

Space Dandy S1 is getting a Funimation Store (Boobies) and Amazon (Aloha) exclusive. There will also be a regular Limited Edition

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/11/17/live-out-your-wildest-fantasies-with-these-space-dandy-premium-edition-releases/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Space_Dandy&utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=Space_Dandy_Season_1_Blog&utm_nooverride=1

MJHNpJE.jpg
EApzzqX.jpg

im sad I missed Gargantia, I was at work got on before the sale started then again on lunch and it was alteady sold out man I have been eyeballing that show for a little while now . I sure hope it restocked I'll buy

Yay my copy of Gurren Lagann Set 1 came in. Nice little slipcover housing the two disc set and the cd. Set 2 just shipped and should get here on Friday. Can't wait to jump into this series. 

I got my rightstuf package a day early. But my clannad after story box has a gash in it. Probably boxcutter. :(

If I complain to rightstuf about it, do you think they'll do anything?

http://i.imgur.com/icCScCl.jpg
They'll replace it but you'll have to ship the damaged copy back on your own dime.
That, or they typically will just send you a replacement case for the item. So they will send you a new blu case/covert art, or whichever part you note to them is damaged. They'll only ask for you to return it usually if the discs are damaged, but as electricsleep has noted they may have you pay for the shipping back, but not always.

probably box cutter. you went in too deep. if you can go from the side out. so horizontally and not straight down. or if yours is too sharp see if you can get a box cutter/tape cutter duo. i have a ton from work and the blade only comes out half way and if their is a warning on the product about not using a box cutter to open it then you use the tape cutter which does exactly as it says. cuts tape without damaging the box or item. 

Yay my copy of Gurren Lagann Set 1 came in. Nice little slipcover housing the two disc set and the cd. Set 2 just shipped and should get here on Friday. Can't wait to jump into this series.
I thought it was housed in a slipbpx and not a slipcover.

Anyone remember which day Ranma was restocked last week? Was it Tuesday or Wednesday? I'm holding out on Gargantia... I'll check every hour I'm awake if I must!

The Space Dandy LEs basically feature a hat... The price for the show is absolutely absurd. There were only a few random episodes I really liked, maybe 4 out of 26, so I'll have to pass.

They could have been smart and released the entire 26 episode series, but no, they had to do the same thing like AoT...>_>

Well, already saw the entire series, so no need to get the home video release.

I went in and out of Space Dandy when it aired on AS. I loved the zombie episode but as everyone else said, those premium editions are stupid. I'll probably wait for a complete series version of it.  

neoz check your settings. you're triple posting the same thing lol.
Sorry about that. I hit the post button and for some reason it didn't show it as posting.

And yeah I thought it was a slipbox but I wasn't sure. I just wanted to confirm that it was indeed a slipbox and not a slipcover.

All the pictures I have seen floating around doesn't really make it very clear. Thanks for the info.

Sorry about that. I hit the post button and for some reason it didn't show it as posting.

And yeah I thought it was a slipbox but I wasn't sure. I just wanted to confirm that it was indeed a slipbox and not a slipcover.

All the pictures I have seen floating around doesn't really make it very clear. Thanks for the info.
while it certainly is nice its not something i would normally want or definitely use. everything is housed inside which is great but once you take out the slipbox everything comes out the bottom and crashing onto the floor. not to mention the cd leaves an ugly imprint. It seems best to have everything on the shelf. This is the one time i would not want a cover or box.

probably box cutter. you went in too deep. if you can go from the side out. so horizontally and not straight down. or if yours is too sharp see if you can get a box cutter/tape cutter duo. i have a ton from work and the blade only comes out half way and if their is a warning on the product about not using a box cutter to open it then you use the tape cutter which does exactly as it says. cuts tape without damaging the box or item.
Just to clarify, I didn't cut it. It was like that in the box. It was likely damaged when rightstuf received it from the manufacturers.

They'll replace it but you'll have to ship the damaged copy back on your own dime.

That, or they typically will just send you a replacement case for the item. So they will send you a new blu case/covert art, or whichever part you note to them is damaged. They'll only ask for you to return it usually if the discs are damaged, but as electricsleep has noted they may have you pay for the shipping back, but not always.

then email them. get your replacement cover. that would drive me nuts
Thanks for the info. I sent them an email. Figured the worst that could happen is they say no.

Thanks for the info. I sent them an email. Figured the worst that could happen is they say no.
Doubt it. They have excellent customer service. All you gotta do is ask. I mean whenever something goes wrong with an Amazon order and I do a live chat in most cases they give me a partial refund and send me a new item or in the worst case make me send it back.

Got my Bobobo-Bo Bo-bobo boxset from Hastings in. Haven't seen the show in years.
Which one? Make sure you get the second set too. It'll make your hair shine.

I don't know if it was coincidence, but I love how they put a chapter break wherever they had an episode with Bobobo Theater in it.

What's up with TRSI only discounting Ecchi lol. Can we get a serious discount on some DBZ blu rays or how about AOT LE on sale. Its a sorry situation when a set in line with the wave discounts sells out before the mega deal does 

Maybe I'll wear that BooBies cap with my Catherine Boxers.
Sigh* i HATE i missed that collectors edition

yeaaa, iv'e been let down enough getting those exclusives, i'll probally pass. Maybe next year when the standard LE drops in price (or ends up on the BF Rightstuf sale)

What's up with TRSI only discounting Ecchi lol. Can we get a serious discount on some DBZ blu rays or how about AOT LE on sale. Its a sorry situation when a set in line with the wave discounts sells out before the mega deal does
Aot may end up being a mega deal. The DBZ blus still may go up for the 12 days sale though, there was a bit of DBZ stuff last year.

Noice, time to pick up a second copy! (if I remember to xD)

DBZ stuff is always saved for the xmas sale. Don't see how its a sorry situation though. The stuff that has sold out during the Wave sales is stuff that rarely hits that price point (like theViz stuff). So of course those would sell out before Mega Deals. Quit being impatient lol.

Went to preorder space boobie but backed at when I saw the price. lol Expected Bebop pricing especially with it being only season one versus a full series.

Sentai March (Preorder on RS already)

Devils and Realists- DVD and Bluray
Gingitsune- DVD and Bluray
Outbreak Company- DVD and Bluray (Dub)
Place to Place (Acchi Kocchi)- Bluray
Student Council's Discretion- DVD and Bluray
Familiar of Zero Season 2- DVD and Bluray
The World God Only Knows: Goddesses - DVD and Bluray (Dub)

the lack of dub on zero season 2 makes me really really really sad :(

the fact that the best season of the world god only knows gets a dub though (like the other seasons did) makes up for it a bit though. I was a bit worried due to lower sales that the world god only knows season 3 wouldn't have a dub.

Where's Sonico? ;_;

Eh, I went for Senran Kagura, even though I'd hardly call $32.99 a megadeal, considering DVD Planet has it for a couple dollars more. And I'm sure DVD Planet will be having a sale in the next month. But, whatever...

bread's done
Back