Anime on sale at Bestbuy

Browsing through the BF ads there's a ton of Media Blaster stuff on sale. The set for Princess Princess, Midori Days, and others are on sale for $9.99.

3-Day Thanksgiving Sale @ BestBuy.com (B&M ?) - Media Blasters Edition (106 titles)

Key Highlights:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Slappybob']how?[/quote]
Go to this page and click on Anime under the 3 Days Only: Shop By Category section.

EDIT: This link may work/last...

[quote name='ya0']it ended lame thou lol[/quote]

According to the info I'm reading, Twelve Kingdoms Anime didn't end at all. They never finished the last 12+ episodes of the planned series.

Is it actually worth investing 20ish hours in a series akin to LOTR that has no endings?

Question:

I have some Iria tin I found at Hastings years ago. If I had it near me I'd check it, but does anyone know of the difference between it and the one listed above?

Thanks.

[quote name='Strell']Question:

I have some Iria tin I found at Hastings years ago. If I had it near me I'd check it, but does anyone know of the difference between it and the one listed above?

Thanks.[/quote]

I had the 3-disc Tin set, but sold it because I did not like the DVD case holder. The approximate thickness was the size of the two standard DVD case stacked together. The inside simply looked cheap, barren. It felt cheaper than your standard DVD case. The tin itself was pretty cool though. No comment on the content, because I never had the chance to watch it.

My intentions was to upgrade, yes, upgrade to what best buy is currently offering.

Teknoman Complete Collection - $13.99

Should I get the dub version with 43 episode or $45 with the sub version with 49 episode?

[quote name='62t']Teknoman Complete Collection - $13.99

Should I get the dub version with 43 episode or $45 with the sub version with 49 episode?[/quote]

I don't know but....

Dub for the win.

Sub only version = fail all the way.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']I don't know but....

Dub for the win.

Sub only version = fail all the way.[/quote]

:applause:

I'll order Kenshin volume 2 and 3 tonight. That's as low as those will ever be.

*edit* Volume 3 is sold out.

What's the difference between the Midori Days sets? Is the $9.99 one the complete series?

Edit: Looking at Amazon they have the same number of discs and run time, and they're both dubbed and subbed, so I'm kind of confused.

[quote name='Rocko']What's the difference between the Midori Days sets? Is the $9.99 one the complete series?

Edit: Looking at Amazon they have the same number of discs and run time, and they're both dubbed and subbed, so I'm kind of confused.[/quote]

[quote name='62t']whats the difference between the 2 Berserk?[/quote]
The $32.99 release is a brick collection. All of the discs are overlapped on this one. This will be a space-saver...

The $49.99 release is a fancier, non conventional chipboard release. It's similar to the Galaxy Railways, Vol.1 artbox and Kodocha, Vol.1 Artbox. It uses the singles (with the keepcases) from the original releases.

FYI, MB will be another re-release later this year. It's scheduled to be released on 12/23/08. It was solicited as "Remastered." However, there has been no indication of what that entails (if anything major).

61qiPzMn4CL._SS500_.jpg

Seems like it's an obvious choice then if they're identical, especially since I don't have much shelf space!

Thanks for the help.

Wow. Just a miserable sale. Very little "legendary" series for sale, nothing mainstream.

I would recommend though picking up Mezzoforte. It's one of the few OVA's with some hentai elements you don't necessarily have to hide from anyone in your collection. So weird that they had a "voice double" for Melissa Hahn (Mikura, who also voiced Ed in Bebop) when it came to the sex scenes. It becomes painfully obvious when you listen.

I know why-- the girl has a career to think of-- but still...

[quote name='Kerig']According to the info I'm reading, Twelve Kingdoms Anime didn't end at all. They never finished the last 12+ episodes of the planned series.

Is it actually worth investing 20ish hours in a series akin to LOTR that has no endings?[/QUOTE]

Twelve Kingdoms is one of my top 5 favorite anime, the story is composed of arcs, sometimes an arc has a different "main" character, kind of like LotR as you mentioned. I really enjoyed the series, the pacing IMO was excellent and the action was great. Once I get through more of my backlog I'm definitely planning on watching it again.

So yeah, I think it's worth it.

[quote name='Kerig']According to the info I'm reading, Twelve Kingdoms Anime didn't end at all. They never finished the last 12+ episodes of the planned series.

Is it actually worth investing 20ish hours in a series akin to LOTR that has no endings?[/quote]

12 Kingdoms is a great series IMO. It didn't end persay but the last disc finished up the main story arc that started from disc 1. It basically ended all the major arc's and left a few tiny questions unanswered.

I'd say that it ended at a good spot that wrapped up all the major arcs.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']I don't know but....

Dub for the win.

Sub only version = fail all the way.[/QUOTE]

Um, guys. The sub only version is the only unedited version of the show. Tekkoman is to Tekkoman Blade like Voltron is to Beast King Go Lion. They're two totally different shows.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:applause:
[/quote]

:applause:

[quote name='furyk']Um, guys. The sub only version is the only unedited version of the show. Tekkoman is to Tekkoman Blade like Voltron is to Beast King Go Lion. They're two totally different shows.[/quote]

Unedited versions are overrated

Buy both versions; that solves the problem.

I'll reiterate.

Dub for the win

Sub only version = fail all the way. Even if it comes unedited...

[quote name='Rocko']What's the difference between the Midori Days sets? Is the $9.99 one the complete series?

Edit: Looking at Amazon they have the same number of discs and run time, and they're both dubbed and subbed, so I'm kind of confused.[/quote]

I'll take a photograph of the premium collection later when I get a chance. It's actually the collector's artbox that bumps the price up, and really nothing more.

Their are some Sub only shows that I can tolerate. Some of the niche titles I understand completely doing sub only as it lowers the production costs and allows a studio a chance to actually make a profit off the series.

There's one thing I'm wondering about this.

Online Only, or B&M as well? If B&M as well, I'm getting the Supernatural Season 3 set from the Blu-Ray section from the main 3-Day Only section if it's in stock as well as Giant Robo when I go out today.

Hopefully I won't get trounced or anything.

[quote name='Owen']Any way to get free shipping one these deals?[/QUOTE]

I believe some reward zone members get free shipping automatically. I do, but you might need silver premium status to get the benefit.

bread's done
Back