Arrested Development S1,S2 14.99 and S3 8.99 and Veronica Mars S1 17.99 at Costco

blandstalker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Arrested Development Seasons 1 & 2 14.99
Arrested Development Season 3 8.99
Veronica Mars Season 1 17.99

Those of you who got The Simpsons at Costco a couple of weeks ago will recognize this. There are stickers and signs that imply you have to buy S3 to get a discount off S1 or S2, but the discount prices ring up immediately.

There are a lot of other DVDs that looked like they dropped to 8.99, too.

I, too, will venture into the realms of the San Bernardino Costco for some AD 1, 2, 3 goodness. Thanks for the post, OP!

The Veronica Mars DVD is widescreen? Is that the way it was filmed or do they cut off the top and the bottom of the screen to make it that way?

If they cut out part of the picture it can get very distracting to me and make it hard to enjoy.. practically unwatchable.. x.X; I dunno why they do that.. It's keeping me from getting the rest of the Monk dvd's..

[quote name='SlippyToad']The Veronica Mars DVD is widescreen? Is that the way it was filmed or do they cut off the top and the bottom of the screen to make it that way?

If they cut out part of the picture it can get very distracting to me and make it hard to enjoy.. practically unwatchable.. x.X; I dunno why they do that.. It's keeping me from getting the rest of the Monk dvd's..[/quote]

I think you have it mixed up. Full Screen has a portion of the screen cut off, wide screen shows everything. Take a look at this link comparing wide and full screen of star wars episode 2 http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/release/video/f20020925/index.html

The depends on the aspect it was originally shot in. Many TV shows, especially on the less-than-the-big-4 networks are shot in fullscreen, because widescreen is only good for people who have widescreen HDTVs, which tend to be a smaller demographic on the lesser channels. So, if the show was originally shot in 4:3, if they make it into a widescreen format, they have to chop off the top and bottom parts, which is about as egrigious as them chopping off the sides for movies. This is what Toad was talking about, I think.

[quote name='Descolada']The depends on the aspect it was originally shot in. Many TV shows, especially on the less-than-the-big-4 networks are shot in fullscreen, because widescreen is only good for people who have widescreen HDTVs, which tend to be a smaller demographic on the lesser channels. So, if the show was originally shot in 4:3, if they make it into a widescreen format, they have to chop off the top and bottom parts, which is about as egrigious as them chopping off the sides for movies. This is what Toad was talking about, I think.[/quote]

But has anybody even done that in years?

[quote name='anderton']But has anybody even done that in years?[/QUOTE]
chopping 4x3 into widescreen? yes, evil dead 1 and 2 for example. also Kung Fu season 1 did that.

[quote name='Descolada']The depends on the aspect it was originally shot in. Many TV shows, especially on the less-than-the-big-4 networks are shot in fullscreen, because widescreen is only good for people who have widescreen HDTVs, which tend to be a smaller demographic on the lesser channels. So, if the show was originally shot in 4:3, if they make it into a widescreen format, they have to chop off the top and bottom parts, which is about as egrigious as them chopping off the sides for movies. This is what Toad was talking about, I think.[/QUOTE]

danke.. it is.. and still waiting for an answer..

Yes, arrested development was filmed in widescreen hd. No need to worry, nothing is chopped off except when you watched it on non-hd television during its broadcast run on FOX

Picked up season 3 last night. They had 3 copies of season 3 left and and 5-6 of seasons 1 and 2. They were on the end of the isle hidden under a box of other dvds. There was no coupon or sign on display.

They had Veronica Mars season 1 , Nip/ Tuck seasons 1 and 2, the OC seasons 1 and 2, and Gilmore Girls seasons 4 and 5 all for $17.99 each. Not sure if is all seasons of the Gilmore Girls are $17.99 cause they didnt have the other seasons in stock.

Awesome deal that 2 of my co-workers and I got in on. Thanks a ton, OP! Now I'm just hoping they have Lost season 2 for a good price as well.

[quote name='SlippyToad']Thanks! Now this just leaves the mystery of what this Under the Radar blurb was talking about..
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/shows/veronicamarsseason1dvd[/quote]

What the fuck? I watched the show entirely through downloads from torrents, all of them were ripped from broadcast television the night after airing, and they were ALL in widescreen HDTV. Maybe they just dislike the format? Also, it should be noted that I watched season two as it aired, and it too is in widescreen.

[quote name='Under The Radar']Unfortunately, the show deserves a much better DVD set.... For now, we’ll have to settle for one of the best shows from last few years in widescreen, and hope that Warner does better with season two. [#11; score listed is for series; DVD score is 50/100][/quote]
I think what he's trying to say is that getting the episodes in widescreen is really the only benefit of the dvd set. There are basically no extras to speak of. Unfortunately, the season two dvd set doesn't have any extras either, so I guess Warner didn't do better with it.

[quote name='projecteightysix']So I drove an hour to goto costco, and they were closed, AWESOME!!!

Stupid labor day.[/QUOTE]

That's why the telephone was invented. ;)

bread's done
Back