Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='smokedphish']dropped by cumberland mall radio shack today, grabbed ratchet&clank for $20, wouldve gotten madden 09 (ps3) for $20, but they were sold out... saw gta4 (ps3) for $20, madden 09 (360) for $20, and assassin's creed (ps3) for $20. nice.[/quote]

Any LEGO IJ for 360 left?

[quote name='aaronprather']Are all CC in Atlanta closing this Sunday?[/quote]Yesterday the Snellville and Duluth stores(Steve reynolds off 85) both had signs up saying that they close in nine days.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Yesterday the Snellville and Duluth stores(Steve reynolds off 85) both had signs up saying that they close in nine days.[/quote]

Same for Acworth.

If anybody is looking for the :360: Frontlines Fuel of War $9.99 deal @ Best Buy, the Pleasant Hill location had two left this morning.

Crap, I was a day late on that Rock Band 2 deal at Toys R Us. In case anyone is wondering, just contacted the stores at Town Center, North Point, and Cumberland. All sold out (PS3) and saw in person there were none for any system left at Cumberland.

[quote name='rupan_sansei']Crap, I was a day late on that Rock Band 2 deal at Toys R Us. In case anyone is wondering, just contacted the stores at Town Center, North Point, and Cumberland. All sold out (PS3) and saw in person there were none for any system left at Cumberland.[/QUOTE]

Your best bet Is PMing @ walmart, I was even able to get the GC.
BB shot me down.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Your best bet Is PMing @ walmart, I was even able to get the GC.
BB shot me down.[/QUOTE]

That's encouraging. I'll definitely give it a shot, thanks.

[quote name='bier']If anybody is looking for the :360: Frontlines Fuel of War $9.99 deal @ Best Buy, the Pleasant Hill location had two left this morning.[/quote]If I keep getting tempted by this deal over and over again my resistance will falter. I've seen this deal so much it seems like MSRP. I keep trying to tell myself I don't have time for it, especially with it being a mostly online shooter and that fix is already fed by Cod4, CodWaW and gears 1 & 2. Must resist PMing at Sears to make it a little cheaper. . .

Just brought home a pretty nice haul from the Lindbergh Radio Shack.

1x MGS4 - $20
1x Assassin's Creed (ps3) - $20 (these are for a coworker, and were the last copies)
1x Lego Indy (360) - $25 for Tybee (one or two left)
2x Flash Focus DS - $4 (one for me, one as a gift)
1x Phantom Hourglass DS - $15 (for meeeee, since I still didn't have it)

Left behind:
1x Ratchet/Clank (PS3) - $20
1x Brain Age / 1x Brain Age 2 - $13 each
1 or 2x Ninja Gaiden II 360 - $20
1 or 2x Phantom Hourglass - $15
2x Guitar Hero On Tour DS - $25

They had GTA4 for both systems, but it was NOT clearance priced.

Did not check prices on: New SMB, Mario Party DS, MLB something for PS3, a few PSP games that I don't remember.

---

And THEN I snagged the last $10 copy of GOD HAND at the Best Buy across the street, so I was a happy kid. Successful commute home!

Real dumb question, but do all Targets do their clearance markdowns on the same day? It just seems that someone will say that he/she saw a certain game at $14.98 at "Target store A" but when I go to "Target store B" it's still at the old clearance price. And yes, I do scan them just to make sure.

Thanks,
-B who really, really wants Sid Meier's Civ for 360 at the alleged $14.98 price

[quote name='grundy']Real dumb question, but do all Targets do their clearance markdowns on the same day? It just seems that someone will say that he/she saw a certain game at $14.98 at "Target store A" but when I go to "Target store B" it's still at the old clearance price. And yes, I do scan them just to make sure.

Thanks,
-B who really, really wants Sid Meier's Civ for 360 at the alleged $14.98 price[/quote]

Sometimes. Not always. For instance, I saw on here a few months ago that Targets were marking FF Tactics A2 down to $19.99, but it was $40 at every Target around here and still is as far as I know.

[quote name='grundy']Real dumb question, but do all Targets do their clearance markdowns on the same day? It just seems that someone will say that he/she saw a certain game at $14.98 at "Target store A" but when I go to "Target store B" it's still at the old clearance price. And yes, I do scan them just to make sure.

Thanks,
-B who really, really wants Sid Meier's Civ for 360 at the alleged $14.98 price[/quote]

I returned a copy to Sydney Marcus last week that was put back on the floor for $14.98 and there was one copy at the Dallas Hwy. store this morning...

[quote name='grundy']-B who really, really wants Sid Meier's Civ for 360 at the alleged $14.98 price[/QUOTE]

I think Buckhead Target was the last place I saw it for that price, but I can't be 100% sure. I believe I commented on it in this thread last week.

Anyone have any problems price matching the Rock Band 2 TRU deal at Best Buy? My local Best Buy never gives me a problem, but they're out of stock so I'll have to go elsewhere :(

Thanks,
-B who really, really wants Sid Meier's Civ for 360 at the alleged $14.98 price[/quote]Most stores update electronics clearance prices on Mondays and occasionally on Thursdays, however, they may not do the same updates on the same week. For example, the Sidney Marcus store may run an update on clearance prices which includes the 360 games like Civ Rev on 12/15 while the Buckhead Target a couple miles away may not run it until 12/22 and the North Druid Hills may have already run it on 12/8. Some stores are usually a week or so ahead of the norm and some are usually behind. Most stores if not all I frequent from Snellville to stores around downtown have already marked Civ down to 75% off this week or the past week, but there are probably a few stores left that haven't yet.

[quote name='freakord']Anyone have any problems price matching the Rock Band 2 TRU deal at Best Buy? My local Best Buy never gives me a problem, but they're out of stock so I'll have to go elsewhere :([/quote]Try Sears. I've never had a problem there, especially the Northlake Mall location.

last night ~ 6pm the TRU at southlake had 2 RockBand2 Ps3 bundles, none for 360. The BB down the road on Mt Zion had 5-6 of each and PM'd. They wouldnt do the gift card though. The PM also brings down the BB warranty to 19.99 instead of 29.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a bunch of new-to-me stuff on clearance at the Woodstock Target tonight. One copy of Political Machine 2008 for $5, several copies of Elite Beat Agents for $8, several copies of Patapon for $15, Guitar Hero 3:wii: & :ps2: for for $60? and GTAIV :ps3: Special Edition for $63.

[quote name='artscreen']last night ~ 6pm the TRU at southlake had 2 RockBand2 Ps3 bundles, none for 360. The BB down the road on Mt Zion had 5-6 of each and PM'd. They wouldnt do the gift card though. The PM also brings down the BB warranty to 19.99 instead of 29.99.[/QUOTE]

I also had the Best Buy at Northpoint PM Rockband 2. They didn't even put up a struggle, though they didn't PM the giftcard. 'One or the other' the manager told the girl helping me. Still a damn good deal, even though I may try going to my normal BB to see if I can still get the gift card since I was able to get one before. I'll check the BB policies online before I do.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Is the North Point CC still open or has it closed down?[/QUOTE]

Still open for about a week, but it has almost nothing left as far as video games go, or anything for that matter. Unless you want a Zune for 5% off! Ha!

After going to three WalMarts I finally got one that would price match Rock Band 2 for me, but not the gift card. The first two WalMarts, after the managers bugged their eyes out at the price, explained they didn't price match Toys R Us because they're not a competitor with WalMart. (Yeah right) The third store though gave me the best customer service I've ever gotten at a WalMart and were eager to help. I still haven't opened it, so now I'm debating if it's worth trying to find one at Toys R Us for the gift card and returning the WalMart one.

If anyone has a deep, deep aversion to buying a 360 from a Gamestop or traditional big box retailer, the Kroger in Toonigh is selling 60GB Pros with a controller, charge kit, and some bundle of crap games for $390 (with your Kroger Plus card, I would imagine). It's not much of a discount, but it was such an odd thing to see I thought I would let people know about it.

[quote name='Felder71']Still open for about a week, but it has almost nothing left as far as video games go, or anything for that matter. Unless you want a Zune for 5% off! Ha![/quote]

I went to the Buckhead one and it was pretty empty as well. I picked up Advance Wars:DOR (17$) and Darkstalkers PSP (8$). Everything was 40% off tuesday and I would like to think it will be 50 or 60 since its the final days.

I took stock of what they had. Some highlights:

Soul Calibur 4 (360)
Pure (PS3)
Metroid 3
Civ Revolutions (360)
Bourne (360)
Secret Agent Clank (PSP)
Pursuit Force (PSP)
Spore LE
A ton of other PC titles

A few others decent titles but mainly junk otherwise.

Acworth CC is up to 50% off games and DVDs. Not much left gaming wise but, as usual, games that were marked at 29.99 but had been clearanced previously, rang up at the clearance price so I scored the last Dead or Alive 4 and Call of Juarez for the 360 for 8.48 each.

Also checked out the K-Mart that is closing by the Big Chicken. Games are 30% off and they have a decent selection of PS3 and 360 games left. Accessories are 25% off. Got the last Tales of Vesperia for 28 (it was marked @ $40 but rang up at $60) and the last 120gb hard drive for the 360 for $112 and change. And thus, ends my December, and probably all of Winter and possibly Spring, shopping as I have added way too much to my collection.

[quote name='Wolfkin']interesting. I almost want to buy another Metroid. That thing'll never drop in price.[/QUOTE] They had a couple of those @ the Big Chicken KMart 30% off currently so keep an eye on it.

The BlockBuster on Highway 78 and Fountain Drive in Snellville had BOGO on all games $14.99 and under. I remember seeing Dark Sector (360), Turok (360), Virtua Tennis 3 (360), MLB 2K8 (360) and some Wii games.

Don't have a PS3 (yet) so I didn't check those.

Not sure if all BBV's are doing this, so sorry if this is old news.

[quote name='mitch079']Acworth CC is up to 50% off games and DVDs. Not much left gaming wise but, as usual, games that were marked at 29.99 but had been clearanced previously, rang up at the clearance price so I scored the last Dead or Alive 4 and Call of Juarez for the 360 for 8.48 each.

Also checked out the K-Mart that is closing by the Big Chicken. Games are 30% off and they have a decent selection of PS3 and 360 games left. Accessories are 25% off. Got the last Tales of Vesperia for 28 (it was marked @ $40 but rang up at $60) and the last 120gb hard drive for the 360 for $112 and change. And thus, ends my December, and probably all of Winter and possibly Spring, shopping as I have added way too much to my collection.[/quote]

I'll try and make it out to the Buckhead one again and see if I can't grab a couple of the better deals. I may grab SC4 at 30.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']The BlockBuster on Highway 78 and Fountain Drive in Snellville had BOGO on all games $14.99 and under. I remember seeing Dark Sector (360), Turok (360), Virtua Tennis 3 (360), MLB 2K8 (360) and some Wii games.

Don't have a PS3 (yet) so I didn't check those.

Not sure if all BBV's are doing this, so sorry if this is old news.[/quote]

this is all bbvs now...nationwide ;)

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'll try and make it out to the Buckhead one again and see if I can't grab a couple of the better deals. I may grab SC4 at 30.[/quote]There were 5 SC4s for 360 and I didn't see any PS3 copies Thu night.

Thanks for the update mitch, I blew off what I was going to do on my break and checked out the Buckhead CC instead. Picked up a pair of blurays at 50% off. I will finally get to watch 2 of my favorite christmas movies that I somehow never picked up on DVD: Die Hard and Lethal Weapon. Yippeekiya Saint Nick! Also, nabbed a pair of GC games in Zelda TP for 8 and 1080 for 4 @ 50% off clearance price and a recent Ice Cube CD cause it's $5 and it's 'cube.

They had a flyer with the percent schedule that lists 50-70% off Thurs and Fri, then 60-80% Sat, 70-90% off Sun and 80-90% off on Monday with additional discounts until everything is gone Monday. Limited exceptions apply, like TVs are still 40% off and cameras I think were still 30%. Very little games left. No Wii. A handful of 360 and PS3 and an assload of 50 Cent for Xbox. Some Advent Risings, too, which should be half off of 1.96!

Good find on those GC games. I didn't realize Zelda:TP was on the clearance list!

Yes, they did have a healthy supply of that newest Cube album when I was there last week. I might stop in again this weekend, and see if anything worthwhile's left in the PC games.

Tried to hit the Cobb Parkway one tonight on the way back from a movie, but they'd just closed at 9, and I was denied. I believe the sign said they were open for 13 more days.

[quote name='jdawgg76']There were 5 SC4s for 360 and I didn't see any PS3 copies Thu night.

Thanks for the update mitch, I blew off what I was going to do on my break and checked out the Buckhead CC instead. Picked up a pair of blurays at 50% off. I will finally get to watch 2 of my favorite christmas movies that I somehow never picked up on DVD: Die Hard and Lethal Weapon. Yippeekiya Saint Nick! Also, nabbed a pair of GC games in Zelda TP for 8 and 1080 for 4 @ 50% off clearance price and a recent Ice Cube CD cause it's $5 and it's 'cube.

They had a flyer with the percent schedule that lists 50-70% off Thurs and Fri, then 60-80% Sat, 70-90% off Sun and 80-90% off on Monday with additional discounts until everything is gone Monday. Limited exceptions apply, like TVs are still 40% off and cameras I think were still 30%. Very little games left. No Wii. A handful of 360 and PS3 and an assload of 50 Cent for Xbox. Some Advent Risings, too, which should be half off of 1.96![/quote]

They still had some SC4s as of Friday but onl around 3. I may go back Monday to see if any are there but otherwise it was pretty barren.

I picked up Virtua Fighter 5 and Ninja Gaiden DS for about 30 bucks. Other than that I saw:

Guitar Hero 3
Viva Pinata 2
Devil May Cry 4
Socom Tactical Strike
Wipout Pure and Pulse
Syphon Filter: Logans Shadow

The rest is just junk PS2 and Xbox Games.

Accidentally found a store on 41 in Acworth called Gamer's Trade that sells games for every system imaginable. Atari, NES, SNES, Genesis, 3DO, Saturn, Sega CD, some JVC thing I never even heard of, PS1, PS2, 32X, XBOX, 360, DC, PS3, Wii, might have seen an Odyssey for all I know, Game Boy, just a ton of stuff. When I saw Intellivision games, I was in awe for a minute. Prices are what you would expect, some cheap, some not. They also sell used systems - saw fat and slim PS1s, the JVC thing, a Dreamcast, a Saturn, The re-designed NES, a gold colored SNES, an original NES with ROB and Gyromite, etc.

They had one copy of Persona 2, for example, which was $70. I traded in a few games I was going to trade in to Gamestop to knock it down to $50. I saw a few FFVII, GH and Black Label, and the GH was $65 while the BL was $80. Anyone ever heard of them before? I'm just excited I found a place that sells PS1 and Dreamcast games near me. Of course, my wallet is like, you can go in but I'm staying in the car.

Here's their website - http://www.gamers-trade.com/

Address is:
3450 Cobb Pkwy NW
Acworth, GA 30101

They also have a bunch of old systems set up so you can play some old school games while you're there. The shopping center is also giving away a Wii on the 22nd. Just fill out a card with your info to enter and leave it in a fishbowl.

IIRC, this one used to be a Play-N-Trade. The same guy used to have a store on Barrett Parkway as well but it closed down a while ago. Most likely, too much competition considering there are 3 GS's on the same road.

I'll share a quick anecdote from earlier today. As I was pulling in to my apartment complex, the apartment manager was outside and waved me over letting me know I had a package, which ended up being the Samba de Amigo and Maracas deal from Best Buy. Anyway, while inside, another lady was picking up a package and was shocked by how small the package was. It was a decently sized box. She said it should be a Wii inside of it and we, myself and the apartment manager, explained that the Wii was as small as a console as you could get. She said her brother's was much bigger, as what she measured in the air with her hands, I was thinking a PS3 or 360. I have no idea what she was expecting to get and didn't feel like going into it but man, I was wondering what her brother really had and if her family is either going to be really excited or really disappointed come Christmas...hmm seems more funny in my head than it does here lol.

Anyway, if all y'all would please pray for my grandma, I'd greatly appreciate it. She's going in for surgery on Sunday to remove a tumor that is impeding her colon. It was scheduled for the 24th but she had to be re-admitted to the hospital earlier today because of this. She's up in CT, 89 years young, and my family all hopes she will pull through. She's always been a strong person, was still living on her own, and up until recently was in pretty good health, with the exception of a pacemaker she got years ago.

[quote name='mitch079']Accidentally found a store on 41 in Acworth called Gamer's Trade that sells games for every system imaginable. Atari, NES, SNES, Genesis, 3DO, Saturn, Sega CD, some JVC thing I never even heard of, PS1, PS2, 32X, XBOX, 360, DC, PS3, Wii, might have seen an Odyssey for all I know, Game Boy, just a ton of stuff. When I saw Intellivision games, I was in awe for a minute. Prices are what you would expect, some cheap, some not. They also sell used systems - saw fat and slim PS1s, the JVC thing, a Dreamcast, a Saturn, The re-designed NES, a gold colored SNES, an original NES with ROB and Gyromite, etc.

They had one copy of Persona 2, for example, which was $70. I traded in a few games I was going to trade in to Gamestop to knock it down to $50. I saw a few FFVII, GH and Black Label, and the GH was $65 while the BL was $80. Anyone ever heard of them before? I'm just excited I found a place that sells PS1 and Dreamcast games near me. Of course, my wallet is like, you can go in but I'm staying in the car.

Here's their website - http://www.gamers-trade.com/

Address is:
3450 Cobb Pkwy NW
Acworth, GA 30101

They also have a bunch of old systems set up so you can play some old school games while you're there. The shopping center is also giving away a Wii on the 22nd. Just fill out a card with your info to enter and leave it in a fishbowl.[/quote]

ye i went in and checked this place out...made me miss the BOOKMAN's in arizona (where my grandparents live) which is much bigger and better...also made me NOT miss video game SWAP USA..anybody remember that place?

CC Hiram had just about nothing left other than garbage. I picked up the most recent Advance Wars for $15 and left the only other DS game, TWEWY.

[quote name='animemaniac14']ye i went in and checked this place out...made me miss the BOOKMAN's in arizona (where my grandparents live) which is much bigger and better...also made me NOT miss video game SWAP USA..anybody remember that place?[/QUOTE]

I have fond memories of Swap USA, if only because at the time, I believe they were the only place to get import stuff in town. I got my import Dreamcast there (only $300 and well worth it) and until it became easier to get import games online, that's where I'd pick them up as well. Memories....

FYI, Blockbuster out in Covington has a ton of games marked down. Mainly 360, PS3, and Wii. As I wasn't looking for specifically for those platforms, I can't comment on what they have. I did notice GTA4 for PS3 or 360 for 14.99. (Which puts it in their B1G1 deal)

All of their original Xbox games are marked down, ie Psychonaughts for 4.99. A few PS2 deals to be had, I got Tiger Woods 07 and NHL 07 for 7 bucks OTD.

Hope everything ends up alright Mitch.
Any other places to look for some old school games? I checked two Play-N-Trades, but they had almost nothing, and I didn't have anything particular to ask them to order, very nice staff though.

Mitch: Awesome find and post on the store in Acworth. I was bummed when that other store closed on Barrett. It's not in my neighborhood but I can hit it up when I travel up to Michigan. Speaking of which, I'll be going through a 50-60 degree temp. drop soon. An early Merry Christmas to the ATL CAG group as I'll be in the great white north. I'll also do my part sending up well-wishings to the man upstairs, I hope everything turns out alright for your Grandma.

I still plan on it, I haven't got a game for myself in months.
This spending on others thing has got to go!
By the way Sean, I dig the seasonal cap on your CAG pic!

bread's done
Back