Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='kristaia']soooo bad news on NiGHTs at cobb target..

i sent my fiance up there hoping it would have dropped, but deciding to get it anyway since i'd probably spend the difference in gas checking up on it. he went to check out and, despite ALL of them being marked with 12.48 stickers, it rang up 14.99. he protested the "it's the wrong sticker" claim they love to make, and showed the woman that all of the games were marked this way. she radioed someone and started taking all the stickers off. she rang it up for him at the sticker price, but i guess it's getting moved to the 'cheap' games isle instead of clearance. :/ maybe it'll drop again... sorry guys.[/quote]

Thanks, that certainly saves me some gas to check it today.

That's some BS. They have to honor the sticker price, as I understand it. I'd have taken it to one of the front registers, away from electronics.

[quote name='El Gray']That's some BS. They have to honor the sticker price, as I understand it. I'd have taken it to one of the front registers, away from electronics.[/QUOTE]

i've actually encountered that before with something non-electronics related (except that the woman, who was AT customer service, would not budge on the price). i don't know what their official policy is, but if "that's the wrong sticker, take what's in our computer" is the policy, that's pretty crappy. i know at kroger and publix if something is blatantly mismarked and doesn't ring up right you get it FREE. imagine that!

[quote name='El Gray']That's some BS. They have to honor the sticker price, as I understand it. I'd have taken it to one of the front registers, away from electronics.[/quote]

Agreed. Take that shit up to the customer service area and raise a stink. You are entitled to the posted and/or tagged price, regardless of whether or not the store meant to sell it at that price. I've been through this twice at Target, and both times got the item at the price I wanted along with an apology for the hassle.

If anyone happens to see a Lost Odyssey for $14.98 please pick it up for me. I'll gladly come to you to pick it up and of course throw in a tip.

If you guys want me to keep a lookout for anything please let me know.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']If anyone happens to see a Lost Odyssey for $14.98 please pick it up for me. I'll gladly come to you to pick it up and of course throw in a tip.

If you guys want me to keep a lookout for anything please let me know.[/quote]

Is it Target that has it for that price?

[quote name='neocisco']Is it Target that has it for that price?[/quote]

Yeah, as far as I know (in the ATL area Targets) it's still sitting at 29.98. Most stores I've been to have one copy; one store had 2 and another store had 3, but in case one of you find it 14.98, this week or in the future, it would be nice to have a copy saved for me. I really want it, but only at 14.98 +tax and tip.

Mainly only asking cause it's semi-rare to rare to find one in stock and I can not frequent Targets as much as I could in the summer/spring.

I was at the Atlantic Station Target today and I saw that they had some copies of Bioshock on sale for $19.99, since they had a whole rack of them. Hopefully it's the right sticker price and they aren't trying to rip people off.

Also, they had two whole shelves full of The Force Unleashed (for all the systems, even DS). I know some Gamestops ran out so I figured I'd let you guys know.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']If anyone happens to see a Lost Odyssey for $14.98 please pick it up for me. I'll gladly come to you to pick it up and of course throw in a tip.

If you guys want me to keep a lookout for anything please let me know.[/QUOTE]

Still $30 at Northpoint Target tonight. They had maybe 2 copies. GRID was the same price.

Also, was surprised to see New International Track & Field for DS on clearance! Only down to $21 so far, but maybe they'll last long enough to get cheaper.

Heads up for anyone wanting a Wii or Wii Fit. I was at the Cumberland GS yesterday and there were 3 wiis and about 5 or 6 wiifits newly unboxed behind the counter at closing. Might still be there today.

Northpoint TRU sucks for finding things for the $20 B2G1 deal, by the way.
That place feels pretty depressing these days. Sad.

ah it's been so long since i've posted in this thread...too bad I live in Rome, GA and rarely have a chance to go down to ATL anymore unless to visit my parents or deal hunt :whistle2:(

[quote name='El Gray']Northpoint TRU sucks for finding things for the $20 B2G1 deal, by the way.
That place feels pretty depressing these days. Sad.[/QUOTE]

i find that to be true of most tru's these days :/ what is the world coming to?

Dallas Hwy Target update:
Grand Theft Auto Collectors Edition $44.98 (360) Only one left as of 10 AM!
Scene it $14.98 (marked $29 but rings up $14, 360) Only two left!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Dallas Hwy Target update:
Grand Theft Auto Collectors Edition $44.98 (360) Only one left as of 10 AM!
Scene it $14.98 (marked $29 but rings up $14, 360) Only two left![/quote]

Hoping for $22.48 on the GTA 4 SE...

They had ~45 Scene It games when they started at 15% off.

[quote name='RoninChaos']So I'm stuck, and can't find a Wii. Anybody seen any in the marietta kennesaw area?[/quote]

Cumberland gamestop had some on Wed. Im sure they are gone now. Cobb pkwy walmart had stock yesterday, but sold out. My buddy wanted to buy one yesterday, and we found one out in the Tucker WalMart so we drove out there and got it. Only one they had.

Target has a couple copies of Unreal Tournament for the PC on sale for $19.99. I think it was three or four of them left.

Also, it's not gaming related but they had copies of The Godfather Trilogy for $40 on DVD and $60 on Blu-Ray, which is a lot less than Best Buy had them for.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Has anyone found any cheap copies of GRiD in the Target clearance sections?[/quote]

I just bought the last one at Edgewood target at 14.98. Total steal.

There's a copy of NBA Live 08 still there at 14.98 and an MX vs ATV or whatever for 12.98. That DBZ game is there but its still 41.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Anyone seen Frontlines at 14.98, KungFu Panda at 9.98 or GTA4:SE for $22.48 yet?[/quote]

No I have checked my three closest target's for all three:
iconxbox360.gif
Frontlines is still $41 (like three weeks in a row now)
iconxbox360.gif
Kung Fu panda is still $34 (Someone keeps hiding them also WTF?)
iconxbox360.gif
GTA4:SE seems to evaporate at the $44 price point. Dallas Hwy had one left at $44 last week and that's the last one I have seen anywhere.

Checked Atlantic Station target today during my desperate search for gas (down to 2 gallons! eek!) and all the lost odysseys that were there last week were gone. Several copies of NBA 08 at 14.98, two Guitar Hero I/II doublepacks for ps2 (game only) 14.98, and somehow frontline is STILL 41 bucks. If I can get gas in the Highlands this evening, i'll check North Druid Hills.

Edit:

Sidney Marcus Target (Lots of PS3 and 360 clearance games)

Notables:
2 Lost Odyssey @ 29.99
2 GRiD @ 29.99
1 Bourne Conspiracy @ 29.99
1 Eye of Judgement @ 34.99
Several Frontlines @ 41.00
Several NBA Live 08 and Skate (didnt check these)

N Druid Hills Target: not worth the time

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked out the brand new (and by brand new I mean you can still smell how new the building is) Super Target in Alpharetta (Hwy 9). Notables include:

Scene it: 12.xx
Kingdom under fire: 14.xx
Kane and Lynch: 14.xx
Dragonball Z: 29.xx
Bourne: 29.xx
Final Fantasy XII: 4.xx

I picked up Grid and Cranium Kabooki for 15 and 5 respectively.

Gold mine in Stone Mountain:
Target
Lost Odyssey x3 15
Grid x2 15 (Incredible Deal!)
Scene It x35 12
Eye of Judgement x3 17
Singstar 90s pack x2 15
Skate x1 10 (tampered with, maybe disc is gone as I've unknowingly bought a game there before where the disc was stolen like that)

Also got a suitcase for 35 and a kids camera for 20 and and two kodak batteries (50 @ BB) for 15. All 75% off except the batteries were 50%.

Best Buy 70% bin
Wii Metroid 3 15
360 Beijing like 10
360 NBA Phenom 12ish
360 CALL OF DUTY 4 LE (70 start) so 21!!!!!!!!!
Wii Battle for pacific 15ish
PS2 MOH Vanguard 6

Also Walmart in Snellville caught the lost planet colonies mistake and it's back to 30, but they do have:
HALO 3 35!!!!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Has anyone found any cheap copies of GRiD in the Target clearance sections?[/quote]

I saw it at the Perimeter Target for $14.95 yesterday. They had two copies, but I don't know how long they'll stay. They were pretty visible- at the end of the aisle and with a big clearance banner right above them.

In case anyone is interested, the BP located where 285 and Buford Highway meet has gas, I just filled up. They aren't limiting it to $20 per person like some places are.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Gold mine in Stone Mountain:
Target
Lost Odyssey x3 15
Scene It x35 12
Eye of Judgement x3 17
Singstar 90s pack x2 15
Skate x1 10 (tampered with, maybe disc is gone as I've unknowingly bought a game there before where the disc was stolen like that)

Also got a suitcase for 35 and a kids camera for 20 and and two kodak batteries (50 @ BB) for 15. All 75% off except the batteries were 50%.

Best Buy 70% bin
Wii Metroid 3 15
360 Beijing like 10
360 NBA Phenom 12ish
PS2 MOH Vanguard 6

Also Walmart in Snellville caught the lost planet colonies mistake and it's back to 30, but they do have:
HALO 3 35!!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the post. I had to be right across the street from the Best Buy in Stone Mountain and never would have thought to go in there. Luckily, you posted this just before I left!

As of 1:30pm, everything was still there, less 1 copy of Beijing. There's 1 of those left. And the price for that after the 70% off is $15.

I know it got crappy reviews, but I'm a sucker for olympic games. I remeber wasting a ton of quarters on Track and Field at the 7-11. Bought that game for XBLA on day one. The demo for Beijing was a lot of fun, so I think $15 is a great price.

Thanks again....

[quote name='iwasakabukiman']In case anyone is interested, the BP located where 285 and Buford Highway meet has gas, I just filled up. They aren't limiting it to $20 per person like some places are.[/QUOTE]

Looks like we are seeing the beginning of the end of this crisis. There are more places with gas (regular only, but still) than there have been in the past couple of weeks, and there haven't been any lines, so either supply is up all over, or demand has gone down because people have been driving less. Either way, it's good news.

[quote name='jdawgg76']
Best Buy 70% bin
Wii Metroid 3 15
360 Beijing like 10
360 NBA Phenom 12ish
PS2 MOH Vanguard 6[/quote]

Anyway you or someone else will be around Stone Mtn. BB anytime soon to pick me up a copy of CoD4:LE for the 360 for $21.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Thanks a lot for the post. I had to be right across the street from the Best Buy in Stone Mountain and never would have thought to go in there. Luckily, you posted this just before I left!

As of 1:30pm, everything was still there, less 1 copy of Beijing. There's 1 of those left. And the price for that after the 70% off is $15.

I know it got crappy reviews, but I'm a sucker for olympic games. I remeber wasting a ton of quarters on Track and Field at the 7-11. Bought that game for XBLA on day one. The demo for Beijing was a lot of fun, so I think $15 is a great price.

Thanks again....[/quote]Glad to help. I was actually there yesterday and didn't have time to post until this morning. Just in time I guess.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Looks like we are seeing the beginning of the end of this crisis. There are more places with gas (regular only, but still) than there have been in the past couple of weeks, and there haven't been any lines, so either supply is up all over, or demand has gone down because people have been driving less. Either way, it's good news.[/quote]The lessening of the EPA restrictions on the cleanliness of our gas is probably part of that as more gas should be getting in here now.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Anyway you or someone else will be around Stone Mtn. BB anytime soon to pick me up a copy of CoD4:LE for the 360 for $21.[/quote]Sorry, I can't make it back there anytime soon as I have a lot to do before I go out of town this weekend.

Just an observation, some of the game I've seen hit 75% off this week seemed to skip 50% off, mainly Bourne Identity, Lost Odyssey and Beijing. BI and Beijing were at the Snellville target Monday and gone today so either they all sold or they were moved and I missed them.

I'm back. It's a little colder here.. and coming from South Florida doesn't help. I hear there was a gas crisis.. still on or has that been taken care of?

[quote name='Wolfkin']I'm back. It's a little colder here.. and coming from South Florida doesn't help. I hear there was a gas crisis.. still on or has that been taken care of?[/QUOTE]

Still on, but slightly better.

Found a Wii, at gamestop, of all places.

Now I gotta figure out what games i want besides Wii Fit for my girl. That metroid prime 3 for 15 sounds awesome but I live in Vinings, and gas is still short around here so I can't make the trip. If somebody heads up that way and can snag me one, I'd certainly appreciate it.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Gold mine in Stone Mountain:
Target
Lost Odyssey x3 15
Scene It x35 12
Eye of Judgement x3 17
Singstar 90s pack x2 15

Best Buy 70% bin
Wii Metroid 3 15
360 Beijing like 10
360 NBA Phenom 12ish
PS2 MOH Vanguard 6

HALO 3 35!!!![/quote]

Anyone see Scene It drop to $15 in the St.Mtn/Snellville area Targets?

I snagged three copies of Metroid Prime before I left. I kept 1 and I don't remember if I goozexed both of them or not. When I go to my sisters if I have a spare I'll put it up.

The ATL Station Target had some Wiis in stock. Three if I can correctly count. One of the people who worked there said that they were going pretty fast. He they had yesterday, but now they are down to to.

Why is it so cold today?

[quote name='gsugator']Anyone see Scene It drop to $15 in the St.Mtn/Snellville area Targets?[/quote]Sorry if that was confusing. That's about 35 Scene it's @ 75% off at the Stone Mountain Target.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Sorry if that was confusing. That's about 35 Scene it's @ 75% off at the Stone Mountain Target.[/quote]

Wow that's a lot of Scene Its. Thanks, I will go pick one up soon. With 35 in stock, I'm not in much of a rush.

The number of sceneits in the case can be deceiving. I believe they can only go 2 deep and they hit the back of the case. The new target near frys at windward had a few games last night. 3 copies of scene it $14.98. There were a bunch of other games at the final markdown price, but nothing great.

[quote name='iwasakabukiman']The ATL Station Target had some Wiis in stock. Three if I can correctly count. One of the people who worked there said that they were going pretty fast. He they had yesterday, but now they are down to to.

Why is it so cold today?[/QUOTE]

You mean in the early morning? When I was out this afternoon, it was in the mid-70's, or so, and I was thinking how warm it was.

bread's done
Back