(Back to $50) Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2/PS2 LE/GC/) $30 + $10 GV at EBgames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birakon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
All $30. It appears the PS2 Limited Edition does not qualify for the gift voucher.
Purchase must be made by 5-01-05
Forms must be postmarked by 6-01-05
Link to voucher

Gift voucher deals are dead

Xbox version back to 50
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245018.asp

PS2
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245971.asp

PS2 Limited Edition (no gift voucher)
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255318.asp

Gamecube
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245951.asp

PC (no gift voucher) OOS
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244950.asp

Here we go....

If you are going to an EB store have them print a copy of the receipt when you purchase the game. Ask for a copy of the Spring Sale flyer. On the left corner of the page is the mail-in form for SCCT. It does not say that you need to send in the UPC, just the receipt and the form.

If you purchase it from the website, per the mail-in form, you will need to send in the UPC along with the form and packing slip.

Hope that helps.

Just remember, if you purchase the game on the website, the voucher will only be able to be used there as well. Same goes for the store.

[quote name='Dirt']I know this is going to put my lack of intelligence on display but ... oh well.

Could someone tell me step by step what I need to do to get this voucher ?

I have never done anything like this.

Here is what I think I do so correct me:

Go to EBGames and buy SC: CT.
Scan the UPC.
Print the UPC.
Send the UPC and that print out form before day after tommorow.

Is that it ?
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rallen']Disadvantage of the EB Gift Voucher

- You're likely to not get it. I have bought at least 10 games that qaulified for a Gift Voucher (Burnout 3, Rainbow 6, Neo Contra, Hitman Contracts, etc). I have received roughly 50% of those. EB makes it impossible to speak directly with the rebate center. I have left 22 messages, and never got a SINGLE call back.

What the hell are they doing over there on Pilot Road in Las Vegas?[/QUOTE]

I have always received my voucher. If my memory serves me right, I have bought about 6-8 games that came with a voucher. Sucks you've had bad luck.

[quote name='RavenHawk']Here we go....

If you are going to an EB store have them print a copy of the receipt when you purchase the game. Ask for a copy of the Spring Sale flyer. On the left corner of the page is the mail-in form for SCCT. It does not say that you need to send in the UPC, just the receipt and the form.

If you purchase it from the website, per the mail-in form, you will need to send in the UPC along with the form and packing slip.

Hope that helps.

Just remember, if you purchase the game on the website, the voucher will only be able to be used there as well. Same goes for the store.[/QUOTE]

thanks. :)

fuck God of War, this is the second best game this year behind RE4. (So far of course)

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/921914.asp

Awesome single player. Chaos Theory allows you to mix stealth with straight out assault (known as the 5th freedom as Sam says) and the graphics along with pretty much everything else is godly. Multiplayer is also a blast over Live, It's the ultimate hide and seek game. I find this game 100x better then the first SC thanks to the multiplayer and what not. This was easily worth the $57 I paid for (LE XBox edition).

[quote name='chickenhawk']I have always received my voucher. If my memory serves me right, I have bought about 6-8 games that came with a voucher. Sucks you've had bad luck.[/QUOTE]

Bad luck isn't the variable; Human incompetence is. After called corporate for 22 times, luck cannot be a factor.

If you have ever called the EB 800 number, you'd realize how great their customer service is. I avoid called in the morning, as that's when "Sean" works. He makes it seem like doing his job (and leaving a message) is beneath him.

[quote name='guessed']Regarding the gift voucher and how it is not as good as a rebate, yes, cash would be better, but a $10 voucher is 1000 times better than getting the guide free (a little penny guide reference there).[/QUOTE]

True.

But if it WERE a cash rebate back, I'd look at this deal as "wow, $20 for a fairly new game, time to buy it!" as opposed to "meh, $30 is a GOOD deal for sure, but I can wait until it drops to $20".

Just my refusal to buy mostly any new game for more than $20 cheapness showing, I suppose.

WHy are people saying this is a price drop?The game hasnt been out a month and it has sold nearly two million.Just a sale people.

[quote name='rallen']What the hell are they doing over there on Pilot Road in Las Vegas?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely nothing. Pilot Road is filled with call centers for various companies such as Client Logic (who support Sony, Dell, and Logitech products) and Verizon. Its basically an entire area filled with people who needed to get GEDs to get their jobs.

[quote name='rallen']Bad luck isn't the variable; Human incompetence is. After called corporate for 22 times, luck cannot be a factor.

If you have ever called the EB 800 number, you'd realize how great their customer service is. I avoid called in the morning, as that's when "Sean" works. He makes it seem like doing his job (and leaving a message) is beneath him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant bad luck as in not getting the voucher in the first place. The fact that you called 22 times definitely takes luck out of the equation. Thankfully, I have never had to call EB customer service. *knocks on wood*

[quote name='mmn']Absolutely nothing. Pilot Road is filled with call centers for various companies such as Client Logic (who support Sony, Dell, and Logitech products) and Verizon. Its basically an entire area filled with people who needed to get GEDs to get their jobs.[/QUOTE]

That explains a lot. I thought they were over there preoccupied with hookers, drugs, and more hookers.

I guess that's just the Strip.

[quote name='rallen']That explains a lot. I thought they were over there preoccupied with hookers, drugs, and more hookers.

I guess that's just the Strip.[/QUOTE]

The best drinking game to play in Vegas is to walk the Strip with friends and drink whenever you spot a hooker. Doesn't take long to get wasted.

[quote name='mmn']True.

But if it WERE a cash rebate back, I'd look at this deal as "wow, $20 for a fairly new game, time to buy it!" as opposed to "meh, $30 is a GOOD deal for sure, but I can wait until it drops to $20".

Just my refusal to buy mostly any new game for more than $20 cheapness showing, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

You have more willpower than I do. I doubt I'd be able to resist the $30 price tag even without the voucher deal. I caved on the BB Brothers in Arms deal ($25+tax after GGC), and that game only had an 89.5% average at Gamerankings, rather than the 93.9% that CT has (no, I don't just judge games by rankings/reviews, but you have to admit, that is a damn good score).

But, you are right, if it were a close decision for me, a cash rebate instead of a voucher would push me over the edge. I was just a lot closer to the edge than you at the outset. "Don't push me, cause I'm close to the edge. I'm trying not to lose my head" -- Grandmaster Flash (sorry for that one).

Damn, I was in eb TWICE this week, how the hell did I miss this?!? Oh well. I'm a bit out of the loop with EBgames.com... can you still add a PO item to your cart and do the SAVER code to knock off the shipping?

Yes.

And just a reminder....
CAG15 will knock 15% off the PO title(s).
And your EB Edge card will knock another 10% off the PO title(s).

[quote name='BustaUppa']Damn, I was in eb TWICE this week, how the hell did I miss this?!? Oh well. I'm a bit out of the loop with EBgames.com... can you still add a PO item to your cart and do the SAVER code to knock off the shipping?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mmn']Absolutely nothing. Pilot Road is filled with call centers for various companies such as Client Logic (who support Sony, Dell, and Logitech products) and Verizon. Its basically an entire area filled with people who needed to get GEDs to get their jobs.[/QUOTE]

Yup, one idiotic person that I know got a job at a satellite (don't know which) t.v. call center. He's so proud of making $14. I laugh at him since I get $18 and I'm not out of college/actually in yet really.

Edit the first post or the title so people know the deal is also for the PC.

I was almost going to pass on this completely until I checked the website, and the PC version was also on sale.

This is very odd.

Over at Gamestop, the PC version is 40, the XBox is 50, but the PS2 and GC versions are 30. Normally I wouldn't blink an eye at that, but the preowned prices of the PS2 and GC versions dropped to 27.99. That usually signals a price cut. The XBox is still at 49.99/44.99PO, but it looks like the PS2 and GC versions have took a big hit.. not so sure if this is a temp. sale on the PS2 and GC versions anymore.

[quote name='Scorch']This is very odd.

Over at Gamestop, the PC version is 40, the XBox is 50, but the PS2 and GC versions are 30. Normally I wouldn't blink an eye at that, but the preowned prices of the PS2 and GC versions dropped to 27.99. That usually signals a price cut. The XBox is still at 49.99/44.99PO, but it looks like the PS2 and GC versions have took a big hit.. not so sure if this is a temp. sale on the PS2 and GC versions anymore.[/QUOTE]

PS2 / GC versions got lower scores in magazines, and from what I read don't stack up very well at all to the Xbox version.

PC version is a bit better than the Xbox version, but the game never took off on the platform, only on Xbox mostly.

Not surprising to see the price drops everywhere else, really.

PC version does not qualify for the $10 voucher though.

[quote name='Roufuss']Edit the first post or the title so people know the deal is also for the PC.

I was almost going to pass on this completely until I checked the website, and the PC version was also on sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RavenHawk']PC version does not qualify for the $10 voucher though.[/QUOTE]

It's still 30 dollars however.

By looking this thread I assumed the PC version was still 50 and this was a console only sale, and was about to write it off.

Is this in store, or online only?

[quote name='Roufuss']Edit the first post or the title so people know the deal is also for the PC.

I was almost going to pass on this completely until I checked the website, and the PC version was also on sale.[/QUOTE]

Done and done.

Can't resist. It seems like I've been ordering something from EBgames everyday this week. I don't even want to look at my credit card statement this month.......

[quote name='DX']WHy are people saying this is a price drop?The game hasnt been out a month and it has sold nearly two million.Just a sale people.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. EB is just trying to get everyone's attention with this, it's a loss leader. They figure that once they get you onto the site buying stuff, you're going to put more stuff into your cart while you're there. Same principle as Frys, they always have the new games for $38, simply to get your ass into their store.
I remember Halo 2 was $35-$40 at some stores on the run up to Christmas and that one was not exactly a poor seller.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Someone on the second page said it's $29.99 instore but the many stores probablly still have it marked at $49.99 so be sure to get it scanned.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Now to find an EB that has the PC version in stock... the only one near me is about an hour away, kind of kills the deal for me when i'd have to put the 20 dollars i'd save into the gas tank lol

I'm hoping the website is just off and a few calls will find me a local one.

Just ordered the Xbox version + Van Helsing POed (Xbox) ($8 before coupons on that one)

Had a $20 voucher to use up. :)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Oh, my bad. I got a little too excited and just checked to see if the OP was updated.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem. This whole thing has been strange for me. When I saw it this morning, I ordered immediately (I was already late for work, what's a few more minutes). I really thought it would only last a few hours, tops. Of course, I also thought Taiko DM wold drop again today.

ok, i know this game is pretty cheap, and i never played spliner cell games.
but how is this game? single player experience? is it long? how are graphics?
thanks is advance..

If you are referring to the XBox version:

If you have XBox Live it is a must buy. Online co-op mode is a blast as well as Merc vs Spy (if you get paired with decent people).

Graphics are arguably one of the best the xbox has ever had.

Single player is awesome - you can choose to do the campaign in a stealth fashion or with guns-a-blazing (or a combiination). Good replay value.

As far as the PS2 or GC - you are on your own.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']ok, i know this game is pretty cheap, and i never played spliner cell games.
but how is this game? single player experience? is it long? how are graphics?
thanks is advance..[/QUOTE]

What's great about Chaos Theory is the things you can do compared to other SC games. You can shoot out lights, scramble radios, TV's, make sounds, etc.. It's just fun to see what all you can do.. plus the equipment and whatnot, it's the first Splinter Cell game that I can play for hours and hours on end. Co-Op on it is AWESOME as well, haven't tried Mercs vs. Spies yet, though.

On my way!

This looks like the Splinter Cell i've been waiting for.. the first one was good, but it was just missing that certain something. Chaos Theory seems to have that in spades now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back