Back to the Future trilogy 20.40 Shipped

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Linky Poo

from Bensbargains.net[/quote]

Awesome price! Thanks! For anyone wondering! For anyone wondering J&R are a good company, I've purchased some stuff from them before and never had a problem

[quote name='evilmax17']How reliable is this site? Is this the same JR that is affiliated with Amazon?

EDIT: cool, thanks![/quote]

Yes it's the same JR

It's a great set. They're some of my favorite movies ever, and I was kind of upset at the 3-discs-only thing, but they truly made the most of it. The discs are packed with information, awesome little things and a 20-or-so-page text thing which answers all the questions you may or may not have with the space-time-continuum. Additionally, you can get this at EB with an Edge Card for 27 + tax, which is what I did.

Is there any way to know which version they're sending out? I remember the original batch of DVDs had a cropping problem that messed up the picture. Think it's safe to assume these are newer printings?

The fixed ones have V2 on the back (around the UPC barcode area).

Digital Bits has reported that Universal is re-releasing the boxset on 1/25 for the Suggested Retail of $27.98, which should come to about the low $20ish area in stores. They have also said that stores will be getting the V2 version as well for the new re-release.

This isn't a bad deal at all, but if you are willing to wait until 1/25 you might get a slightly better deal.

Hmmm, I got the trilogy from DDD during their sale but they are still sealed and I don't see a V2 anywhere on the barcode label, so would I be wise to return it and wait for a different version?

Here's a FAQ that looks pretty good.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140414

Of note:
In mid-2003 Canadian Customers reported seeing BTTF Boxed Sets with Green "REMASTERED" stickers appeared in stores like Future Shop & HMV. Initially it seems these sets are only available in Canada, and only in select retailers.

As the year wore on, several canadian e-tailers were shipping corrected discs (including playusa.com, which seems to be a reliable source-- as are many futureshop locations). These Canadian editions feature bilingual packaging and are only available from Canadian sellers.

Despite claims from Universal that the Barcode would be different, or V2 would be on the packaging, the only difference between the original sets and the remastered ones found in Canada is this greem sticker. Again the only way to tell the old widescreen box set from the CORRECTED Canadian remastered box set is the Green sticker with the words Widescreen "remastered" on the front of the box set.

But, as of March 2004, these green stickered discs have not been reported in the US, nor any other remastered markings on packages, nor have any US online retailers offered them for sale.

So for now, and for the foreseeable future, the only reliable way to get the corrected version is to return the discs to Universal via mail, or buy the Canadian edition.

Last edited on February 3rd, 2004

[quote name='CokeCola']Here's a FAQ that looks pretty good.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140414

Of note:
In mid-2003 Canadian Customers reported seeing BTTF Boxed Sets with Green "REMASTERED" stickers appeared in stores like Future Shop & HMV. Initially it seems these sets are only available in Canada, and only in select retailers.

As the year wore on, several canadian e-tailers were shipping corrected discs (including playusa.com, which seems to be a reliable source-- as are many futureshop locations). These Canadian editions feature bilingual packaging and are only available from Canadian sellers.

Despite claims from Universal that the Barcode would be different, or V2 would be on the packaging, the only difference between the original sets and the remastered ones found in Canada is this greem sticker. Again the only way to tell the old widescreen box set from the CORRECTED Canadian remastered box set is the Green sticker with the words Widescreen "remastered" on the front of the box set.

But, as of March 2004, these green stickered discs have not been reported in the US, nor any other remastered markings on packages, nor have any US online retailers offered them for sale.

So for now, and for the foreseeable future, the only reliable way to get the corrected version is to return the discs to Universal via mail, or buy the Canadian edition.

Last edited on February 3rd, 2004
[/quote]

Yeah, I bought the remastered Canadian set a while back. I thought for sure that Universal released the corrected discs to US retail, but I know that they were making the switch via mail with customers who requested it.

bread's done
Back