Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

I just paid the thing off and pre-ordered because I'm excited for the game. If I get weapons, hey, cool.

People are throwing an ABSOLUTE shitfit over the pre-order crap, though. Erryone needs to calm down.

[quote name='benjamouth']Yeah it sounds like a bunch of wank, they only way I'll be getting it day 1 is if Amazon have a good credit deal.

Lulz at the suckers who still pre-order at GS.[/QUOTE]

I'll gladly be a "sucker" if GS will give me $35 for a game I paid $14 for, and $19 for a game I got for free, in turn effectively allowing me to spend roughly $25 ($14 for original game, $16 for leftover cost after credit) for a day 1 copy of BF3.

That being said, I have yet to officially preorder the game anywhere. Still waiting to see if any other retailers have "exclusive" preorder bonuses -- but considering all the so-called "exclusive" preorder DLC is being released on XBLM shortly after a game comes out anyway, it's not really worth it anymore. Basically, just pick your preferred retailer (mine being Gamestop for this game, so far, especially since it's on the way home from work) and go with it. Bashing everyone else's choices do nothing but make you look like a fucking wannabe elitist tool.

Who cares about some guns you won't use and ammo you won't use. The whole reason to pre-order/get it early on is for the Back to Karkland pack and nothing else

I think it was just that they intentionally left out a gun and a few items to make them pre-order bonuses. Not likely the people would use the gun anyway, it's just the fact of the matter that people like complaining about things.

Granted, I've already pre-ordered the thing and paid it off so I'm only looking at it from my perspective.

I'm pretty sure the Back to Karkand pack will be included with all launch copies of the game, not just for preorders. Seems to be how all recent EA releases have been.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I'm pretty sure the Back to Karkand pack will be included with all launch copies of the game, not just for preorders. Seems to be how all recent EA releases have been.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I think as well, that's why they're having to come up with this pack so they have something to differentiate pre-orders with new game purchases.

[quote name='slickkill77']PS3 Footage from Jimmy Fallon last night. Looks damn good. Obviously not as good as the PC but still damn good[/QUOTE]

Ah, I had forgotten all about it. I agree, it's not as polished as the PC version but that will be forgiven if the gameplay blows us out of the water. I just want to see more gameplay of the multiplayer aspect of this game; the concept art look amazing.

You know I don't remember reading how many maps will be playable at launch...

is there a specific date for the beta in september yet?

and is moh required to access the beta?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yahoosale14']is there a specific date for the beta in september yet?

and is moh required to access the beta?[/QUOTE]
No, and I'm pretty sure it's a public beta.

Well shit, man, I always play a Medic type. Always liked the LMGs as well.

Oh well, Assault I go, i guess. Wonder if BF3 will be filled with snipers like always again, especially now that prone is an option.

[quote name='yahoosale14']some pretty big news. Assaults now have medkits and the medics of old are now support with lmg and ammo boxes.

scan of changes

http://bf3blog.com/2011/06/battlefield-3-classes-explained/

article with more detail.

http://viperman24.blogspot.com/2011/06/psm3-scans-of-battlefield-3-multiplayer.html[/QUOTE]
Horrible idea, I used assualt most of the because of running out of ammo. LMGs on BC2 were way over powered/ accurate. I could out snipe snipers with a 4x scope. Throw in unlimitted ammo it's going to be a huge pain. That's all anyone will use.

Sounds like a horrible idea, but the Battlefield series has always kept everything pretty balanced, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they know what they are doing.

Assaults had the ability to eal themselves in BC1, I'm kind of glad to see that back actually.

Running out of ammo could be an issue though.

[quote name='benjamouth']Assaults had the ability to eal themselves in BC1, I'm kind of glad to see that back actually.

Running out of ammo could be an issue though.[/QUOTE]

isnt the whole point to be in a squad and help heal/resupply each other?

I received an e-mail earlier about my spot on the Battlefield 3 beta being reserved :D This is what it says
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for purchasing the Medal of Honor Limited Edition, which included access to the upcoming Battlefield 3 Beta! We are making great progress on Battlefield 3 and can't wait to share it with you. We will be rolling out the Beta during the month of September and you are still on our exclusive list to enter this Beta early.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]We are currently running internal tests and a tech-focused closed Alpha Trial. We will be sure to notify you when the Battlefield 3 Beta is available to you. In the meantime, check out some of the latest Battlefield 3 videos and related news at the official site.[/FONT]
110720_BF3_MOH_EXPLAIN_spacer.gif

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regards,[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]The DICE team[/FONT]
Can't wait :)

Really excited for this game. The only thing that concerns me is if you regenerate health while not in combat. Well it seems like a huge ass advantage to snipers then who just pick off a person then just stays there.

[quote name='Trakan']youtube videos[/QUOTE]

Those YouTube videos are down but I searched for others and man, the game looks and sounds amazing :D

There were some fools that didn't black out their screen names and there are others who did :lol: The alpha testers are Swedish, you can hear their voices in some of the videos.

Can't wait :twoguns:

Does anyone know if you specifically need the Limited Edition version of MoH, or will the beta will be accessed and downloaded from the MoH disk? (Like how ODST handled the Reach beta.)

Everything has consisted of Rush so far, I really hope Conquest doesn't get neglected and goes back to classic style conquest rather than the current style :/

[quote name='matto1233']I'm not sure if this is the same video that Trakan posted, but it's awesome regardless.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/21/get-your-first-look-at-battlefield-3-multiplayer-in-action-right/[/QUOTE]

Nice, I didn't see that one but yes the videos Trakan posted were also from the Metro map.

[quote name='Sistros']Does anyone know if you specifically need the Limited Edition version of MoH, or will the beta will be accessed and downloaded from the MoH disk? (Like how ODST handled the Reach beta.)[/QUOTE]

According to the BF3blog, there will be 2 betas, a closed beta offered to the ones with the L.E. of MoH and an open beta:
Is there a Battlefield 3 beta?

Battlefield 3 will have a multiplayer beta which will initially be open to owners of Medal of Honor Limited Edition. The beta is expected to be expanded to a larger closed beta, and finally, an open beta. For more information, see our Battlefield 3 beta page.

is it just me or does it look like they're shooting into pitch black darkness and killing people? everytime its in the metro station, i can never tell what the player is shooting at or recognize moving players.

[quote name='moojuice']Everything has consisted of Rush so far, I really hope Conquest doesn't get neglected and goes back to classic style conquest rather than the current style :/[/QUOTE]

DICE was saying they are making conquest maps bigger and more like what they did pre BC days. Hopefully they hold true to that. Honestly I wouldn't worry. They have maps with Jets. I'm sure they'll have plenty of huge, real conquest maps

Same video as above but with an article
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1182903p1.html

And some more youtube stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d91BIBgU-ao&feature=player_embedded

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Any of you guys get picked for the pc alpha trial? I am downloading it right now.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware people could get in on that, but I looked the requirements up and I still run XP so I guess I wouldn't have been accepted.

[quote name='hustletron']I wasn't aware people could get in on that, but I looked the requirements up and I still run XP so I guess I wouldn't have been accepted.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did not sign up for anything, they sent me an invite. All I am going to say is, be ready to be impressed. Looks like I am going to have to get it for the pc and the 360. I would make sure you got a powerful enough rig to run it on high sttings, it looks amazing in 1080p

I have a battlefield 3 alpha code for a fellow cag that wants it. I don't have a pc for gaming, unfortunately mine crapped out and I only have my work laptop that blocks every application that is known to be fun (other than solitare).

First one to PM me gets it.

Note: There is a program required to run called origin. I am unsure if you can download this program without going through the steps of the invite. So the alpha code is probably best for someone to give to a friend that has an invite and you can give them the .exe file too.

EDIT: TAKEN

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']I have a battlefield 3 alpha code for a fellow cag that wants it. I don't have a pc for gaming, unfortunately mine crapped out and I only have my work laptop that blocks every application that is known to be fun (other than solitare).

First one to PM me gets it.

Note: There is a program required to run called origin. I am unsure if you can download this program without going through the steps of the invite. So the alpha code is probably best for someone to give to a friend that has an invite and you can give them the .exe file too.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's incredibly generous of you.

The alpha that's going on right now is pc only. Their will be a special beta (earl access/extended access w/e) for people that bought MOH. Eventually the beta will be open for everyone

I'm not a modernwarfare/battlefield shooter kind of gamer. It's just not my taste in gaming. But, I just saw footage of the Abrams tank gameplay and it's freaking amazing. It's very accurate, down to the displays and what not.

A vet of 1942 here since launch day. But now I got a shit comp so I have to settle with the console dumbed down counterpart bleh. Well dumbed down as in less players. That's not true battlefield heh.. But then again, I get to play on my big tv.. So it works out well

Just got an Alpha code email tonight, downloading as we speak, 3.2 gigs worth.

Super excited and probably won't be able to play since my computer is way behind hahahaha.

Those videos above.. They're PC videos right? The maps seem empty.. Well I'm pretty sure the PC version will have huge battles.. While the console will be as empty as in the videos above

Or am I expecting too much? :p

[quote name='giantqtipz']Those videos above.. They're PC videos right? The maps seem empty.. Well I'm pretty sure the PC version will have huge battles.. While the console will be as empty as in the videos above

Or am I expecting too much? :p[/QUOTE]

Although it looks empty, I believe it is because of the huge map size. In the Metro map videos, I've seen people out on the park, others in the tunnel and others by some buildings. But yeah, I am starting to think how the console versions will fare online.

Oh and for those who still have questions on the alpha and beta, they posted a small FAQ on the blog:
Questions and answers on the Alpha trial and Beta.
BY: zh1nt0 POSTED: Jul 25, 2011, 11:16AM COMMENTS: 191 (Login Required to Comment)

Hello folks! I´ve been getting many questions on twitter regarding the Alpha Trial and also the upcoming beta which was announced at E3 to be in September.

It´s amazing that so many people want to share their experience and are so keen on playing Battlefield 3.

Here are som questions and answers you might find useful :):

How can I get into the Alpha Trial?

It is a highly tech focused test period where the main purpose is to do a number of server related tests in preparation for game launch requiring a set amount of players online to ensure the final experience is as much fun and easy as possible.

Is this the Beta promised to buyers of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition?

No, this is an Alpha Trial, meaning this software is still not at the "Beta" development milestone. The Open Beta will start in September. The exact date for when Medal of Honor: Limited Edition players can join the Beta will be announced at a later date.

Can I join the Battlefield 3 Closed Alpha Trial?

The Alpha is a closed test and by invitation only. If you'd like to have a chance to be called upon make sure to register for our newsletter and ensure your Veteran status is up to date.
We are also not giving away keys to the Alpha Trial on any of our social networking platforms.

Recently a Medal of Honor: Limited Edition Beta newsletter went out to users. What is that all about?

Well, that newsletter says you are entitled to play the beta in September. It is however not a ticket or a code. If you purchased a copy of Medal of Honor with the Battlefield 3 Beta sticker on it, you are eligible for the Beta. If you have not received the newsletter, make sure you opt in on your EA Profile to receive them. Also, if you haven´t received the newsletter and own a copy of Medal of Honor: Limited edition, you are eligible to play in the beta.*

If you have any questions regarding this blog post, feel free to contact me on www.twitter.com/zh1nt0

Also make sure you follow our channels for the latest news:

www.twitter.com/battlefield

www.facebook.com/battlefield

*Not second hand copies.

bread's done
Back