BB Xbox 360 Software Return Policy

Klampo

CAG Veteran
I know Best Buy has a no questioned ask policy on returns for Xbox 360. I received Gun for xmas. My brother told me its the best, but it doesnt seem like my taste and I cant ask him for the receipt to hurt his feelings.

I know I could go to Walmart to return without receipt, but would it be easier to return it to Best Buy without receipt. With their current Xbox 360 policy, would they accept?

unless you get the world's nicest BB cashier you can't return opened games for a refund, especially not without the receipt. If it's not open then maybe, but typically they'll need the recipet

[quote name='Klampo']I know Best Buy has a no questioned ask policy on returns for Xbox 360. I received Gun for xmas. My brother told me its the best, but it doesnt seem like my taste and I cant ask him for the receipt to hurt his feelings.

I know I could go to Walmart to return without receipt, but would it be easier to return it to Best Buy without receipt. With their current Xbox 360 policy, would they accept?[/QUOTE]

I saw a sign posted at my BB that said you can return any 360 game open or sealed for credit till jan 20th a date around there at least, but maybe YMMV. Also right now there are no questions asked for the first part cause I had to return a dvd while not letting the giver that I returned it. I knew they got it from BB but I wasnt goin to ask for a reciept but they took it back anyway.

[quote name='RandyTsai']well go try it. just say you got it as a christmas gift and it doesnt work.[/QUOTE]

i don't think he opened it...be a man and ask for the receipt! :D haha

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I saw a sign posted at my BB that said you can return any 360 game open or sealed for credit till jan 20th a date around there at least, but maybe YMMV. Also right now there are no questions asked for the first part cause I had to return a dvd while not letting the giver that I returned it. I knew they got it from BB but I wasnt goin to ask for a reciept but they took it back anyway.[/QUOTE]

That's gotta be the most consumer friendly BB ever. The one closest to me has some real policy hardasses that do returns. My guess is even if you returned an xbox 360 system they'd give you some flak about it. Even when I worked there a long while back they were that way. I haven't seen any sign like that in the local one, so I'd assume that their standard return policy is in play. Guess it doesn't hurt to try it though worst they can do is turn you away.

Just to let yall know...

Bestbuy is allowing no hassle returns of anything XBOX360 related if they were purchased on November 22nd from Bestbuy. You will need a receipt to verify this.

On other items, I think Bestbuy is still allowing (at least the one I go to does) returns of items they carry without receipts because of the holidays. They will, however, only give you store credit and the LOWEST price they've offered the item in their store.

For example:

I returned a Simpsons 7th Season DVD set because I already owned it. Bestbuy only gave me back $29.99+ tax in credit because this was how much they sold it for in the DVD's first week of release.

yeah I actually never opened it. I never did a return without receipt before at best buy but i noticed the sign about xbox 360 stuff when I was returning Kodocha Vol 3.

I would try it but I hate the look of customer service workers when they see you got no receipt. I was wondering if its only if you bought the items at best buy

[quote name='Klampo']yeah I actually never opened it. I never did a return without receipt before at best buy but i noticed the sign about xbox 360 stuff when I was returning Kodocha Vol 3.

I would try it but I hate the look of customer service workers when they see you got no receipt. I was wondering if its only if you bought the items at best buy[/QUOTE]

Just return it. It wont be a problem because its right after christmas. I just returned 5 items without a receipt myself a couple days ago.

Well, I got denied...I had a sealed copy of FIFA 360 to return, and they said I already did THREE returns w/o a receipt...so, no go.

However, if you have not, it should be ok...they just give you the LOWEST sale price. I may have my wife return it for me.

What is wrong with you? It's a gift from your brother!!!

(hehe, I returned Wolverine's Revenge and Lord of the Rings for Halo two years ago :D)

I DOUBTthis will work, but i still have my reciept from when i bought my xbox 360 from zero hour, and its finally crapped out on me. Since it was best vuy who sold it to me, if they have the system in stock, can i return the system for another or do i have to wait and send it in to microsoft and wait god knows how long for another. If so how will i go about doing that?

This pisses me off like no other, i waited this long, i bought a 360 for DOA4, and 4 days before DOA is released, my 360 craps out, now i have the game i waited for and a shitty system. Unbelievable.

[quote name='dios']I DOUBTthis will work, but i still have my reciept from when i bought my xbox 360 from zero hour, and its finally crapped out on me. Since it was best vuy who sold it to me, if they have the system in stock, can i return the system for another or do i have to wait and send it in to microsoft and wait god knows how long for another. If so how will i go about doing that?

This pisses me off like no other, i waited this long, i bought a 360 for DOA4, and 4 days before DOA is released, my 360 craps out, now i have the game i waited for and a shitty system. Unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

I believe Bestbuys return policy is only 30 days. So unless you bought their extended warrenty....you're out of luck with Bestbuy. Microsoft has a 90 day warrenty. Looks like you'll have to send it to Microsoft to get it fixed. Good luck.

The return policy is much longer during the Christmas season. Don't remember exactly when it starts, but sometime in early November, you have until early/mid-January to return most items.

Yeah, just don't try to return MORE than THREE items w.o a receipt there....EVER. They said I retruned 3 things w/o a receipt....not sure if that goes for the LIFE of your account or what.

[quote name='doubledown']Yeah, just don't try to return MORE than THREE items w.o a receipt there....EVER. They said I retruned 3 things w/o a receipt....not sure if that goes for the LIFE of your account or what.[/QUOTE]

a lot of places ask for your license if you have a no receipt return, is that how they track your returns?

[quote name='asianxcore']a lot of places ask for your license if you have a no receipt return, is that how they track your returns?[/QUOTE]

Yep....that's how they did mine. CC did not take my license. I may try to return my gift I got there next time. I need some extra cash for an LCD TV/monitor anyways

I just got DOA 4 for my 360 from BB and it does not work. It will boot to the Press Play screen and then it craps out. Anyone else having this problem or know someone else who is? Thanks!

bread's done
Back