Beatmania IIDX arcade style controller

naw hehe, I already have 2 of those, looking for the arcade style ones.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=22&products_id=5245

ps2-2dx-controller-asc.jpg

im trying to look for a beatmania IIDX controller for cheap ( not the one over 300 dollars), but the regular ones.

just a heads up, when I went to tokyo in feb I bought my 2nd IIDX controller (regular konami IIDX one) for about 5000 yen or I guess 45 dollars. Most online stores i've seen sell it for 89+ship.

If you don't care about how the controller looks I have a home-built ASC that I made out of an official controller for sale. I am looking for around $225 for it as well (covers cost of controller, new parts, etc and I do not play IIDX much any more)

Just try to imagine the white/smoke keys with the keyplate on the smaller controller.

Pic:
sideview.jpg

Pic of the controller with the OLD keys (this controller now has the smoke and white keys like the above controller installed):
controller4.jpg

Wait until it releases in the US (in November I think). We'll probably see some sort of controller released, hopefully for cheap.

[quote name='evilmax17']Wait until it releases in the US (in November I think). We'll probably see some sort of controller released, hopefully for cheap.[/QUOTE]

Whoa! I had no idea that it was being released here! I would love for them to release the arcade-style controller here, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll be happy if they release the regular one, as it should still be cheaper than importing (I hope...).

Aye they pimped it out at E3. I'm curious to see how much Konami will charge for it. And here's to praying they make an arcade style controller for US too, though I doubt it will happen onthe first release.

That's an interesting home-made controller. How is the mechanism? Is it spring like the arcades and do the keys light up =)?

Dangit, I'd get it if I can afford it. I have the IIDX controller that retails for around $80-$100 depending on where you buy it from; it's pretty good but the keys stick after a few times use. Maybe I should mod it...

mod as in stick cardboard under the keys? It only works somewhat =(. In the end you really just have to clean it

[quote name='Zoglog']mod as in stick cardboard under the keys? It only works somewhat =(. In the end you really just have to clean it[/QUOTE]

Cardboard under the keys, file the corners of the keys (something I REALLY don't want to do), etc. I clean the controller about every other time I play but the keys still stick. And although it's a pretty good controller, it just doesn't have that arcade feel...

indeed it doesn't, but I mean compare 45 to 350.......... hehe =)
Well I mean i'm willing to shell 200 for the ASC but 350 is a bit steep.

[quote name='vietgurl']This is a dumb question but is the Beatmania coming out in the US IIDX (7-key) or just plain beatmania (5-key)?[/QUOTE]
Although it hasn't been officially stated, all of the screens that have been released were 7-key.

[quote name='vietgurl']Cardboard under the keys, file the corners of the keys (something I REALLY don't want to do), etc. I clean the controller about every other time I play but the keys still stick. And although it's a pretty good controller, it just doesn't have that arcade feel...[/QUOTE]
I was hesitant about filing down the keys on mine, but I finally broke down and did it. If you use a nail file (you need to take off literally a fraction of a milimeter on each side), there's no cosmetic difference, even if you know its there and you look for it. And it makes a world of difference :D

[quote name='b0bx13']I was hesitant about filing down the keys on mine, but I finally broke down and did it. If you use a nail file (you need to take off literally a fraction of a milimeter on each side), there's no cosmetic difference, even if you know its there and you look for it. And it makes a world of difference :D[/QUOTE]

Any diagram for filing or instructions? I'd like to test it out =)

[quote name='Zoglog']Any diagram for filing or instructions? I'd like to test it out =)[/QUOTE]
I don't have a diagram, but you basically run the file over the top edges of each key a few times, until enough plastic is gone to keep them from sticking. I can probably throw something together in MS Paint if I'm not explaining it clearly enough.

[quote name='vietgurl']This is a dumb question but is the Beatmania coming out in the US IIDX (7-key) or just plain beatmania (5-key)?[/QUOTE]

It has both. I think 7 key mode for the US is called to the X or something like that. It is just called Beatmania here since I guess they don't want to confuse people with the IIDX name when there haven't been any US Beatmania games (aside from the Hip Hop Mania arcade games)

gawd I hate that hiphop mania. But then again all those damn stickers on beatmania machines are cheesy engrish anyway =). DJ feel controller heat beat wow make feel your groove.... ors eomthing like that.

Err anyway so I just file the top edges of the buttons? do you mean the parts recessed into the controller that I would need to open it up (lower section) or just the exposed part?Also do I file the bottom also? cuz I notice they get stuck at the bottom sometimes and usually in corners

bread's done
Back