Best Buy 50% off some games- YMMV

fullmetalfan720

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I went my local Best Buy and saw some games on a 50% rack. Here are the ones I remember:
DS:
Some import Naruto DS game- $19.98 after 50% off
PSP:
Chili Con Carnage- $9.98 after 50% off
Family Guy the game- $14.98 after 50% off

They also had some other DS, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, PS2, Gamecube and Xbox games that I can't remember the names of.

Edit: It seems like they have different games on sale at different locations.
Thanks to Derrick1979 for that info.

yeah its YMMV my store had something similar:

yakuza
Disgaea 2
Rule of Rose

Some other PS2 games and various other ones marked 50% off for all the other systems besides 360 and PS3

for DS they had

True Swing golf
And some flying game

[quote name='Jasonstiller']what the heck does YMMV mean?[/QUOTE]

You've been registered here for two years and you don't know?

YMMV - Your mileage may vary.

[quote name='Jasonstiller']what the heck does YMMV mean?[/quote]

not exactly sure what it means but for the most part it means it's only certain stores and not all of them..

Think its means Your Merchandise May Vary ??? Not postitive

Like the Wal Mart sales/clearances that everyone talks about, I *never* see any Best Buy deals like these. :( Heck, I don't even find any of the couple of imports that everyone else seems to find.

[quote name='dhs odium']You've been registered here for two years and you don't know?

YMMV - Your mileage may vary.[/quote]

Haha, I love how you criticise the guy for not knowing it and then continue to give the wrong meaning. Good job :applause:

[quote name='R0wdi']Haha, I love how you criticise the guy for not knowing it and then continue to give the wrong meaning. Good job :applause:[/QUOTE]

Well since he *did* in fact provide the correct meaning, I will applaud as well.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

[quote name='R0wdi']Haha, I love how you criticise the guy for not knowing it and then continue to give the wrong meaning. Good job :applause:[/QUOTE]
I think that YMMV is so stupid! That is if it means "Your mileage may vary" WTF!

the Brookfield WI store had some copies of Disgaea 2 for $25 on their 50% off rack. Everything else they had pretty much was trash.

Dude, you somehow managed to pwn yourself!

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, I'd love a copy of Rule of Rose for 50% off. My BB had it for $40 and that would make it $20.[/quote]

wow the BB that had it for 50% off was tagged originally at $29.99

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary

It means that the deal may or may not be the same for everyone. It originated as a retail automotive term to explain that while the miles per gallon of a specific vehicle may be listed as 30 MPG, it will vary given the speed, road condition, weather, tire inflation etc., of a car and will not be exactly the same for everyone.

As a descriptor of a CAG deal, it perfectly explains a deal that someone found at a store (usually a national chain) which may or may not available at the same store in another neighborhood.

These things are regional, at best. Some stores will have a colored dot or sticker to imply that they're a certain percentage off, but usually no one at the register will know. Sometimes, it's 10%, 25%, 50%, whatever. You may have to get a manager to confirm.

Anyway, we used to have a BB's around here that had a 50% off table, but that disappeared a few months back after the stock got cleared out. They still have some games with the stickers on them, but since they're not "advertising" the promotion any more, I have doubts that they're going to take off any % off the price.

bread's done
Back