Best Buy Ad 9/2-9/8: Free Destiny 2 with any game $29.99 and Up | FIFA/NHL Trade-in Promo Returns

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases Available Tuesday:

• :ps4: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Edition of Light $59.99
  • :ps4: 428: Shibuya Scramble $49.99
  • :ps4: Blade Strangers $39.99
  • :ps4: ZONE OF THE ENDERS: The 2nd RUNNER - M∀RS $29.99
  • :switch: GOD WARS The Complete Legend $39.99
New Releases Available Friday:

[*]:xb1: :ps4: NBA LIVE 19 The One Edition $59.99
[*]:xb1: :ps4: NASCAR Heat 3 $59.99
[*]:xb1: :ps4: Immortal: Unchained $49.99
[*]:switch: SNK HEROINES -Tag Team Frenzy- $49.99
[*]:3ds: Yo-Kai Watch Blasters: White Dog Squad $39.99
[*]:3ds: Yo-Kai Watch Blasters: Red Cat $39.99
Everything Else:

• PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Limited Edition Marvel's Spider-Man Console Bundle $399.99 (Available Friday)
  • Save $10 on 12-Months of PlayStation Plus with purchase of a PlayStation 4 Console
  • DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for Sony PlayStation 4 - Magma Red $59.99 Save $5
  • HyperX Cloud Core Wired Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4 and PC $59.99 Save $10
  • Save $30 on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey or Splatoon 2 with purchase of a Nintendo Switch Console
  • Get Destiny 2 Free with any game $29.99 and up or Turtle Beach Headset
  • Get your Free Legendary Latias or Latios Pokemon in-stores (https://postimg.cc/image/vqghzjkxj/)
  • Save 25% on Pokemon Cards and Toys
  • Trade in FIFA 18 and get a $10 coupon toward FIFA 19 (Valid 9/2-9/30, coupon expires 10/7)
  • Trade in NHL 18 and get a $10 coupon toward NHL 19 (Valid 9/2-9/16, coupon expires 9/23)
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Adrift $19.99 Save $3
  • Hereditary $19.99 Save $8
  • Hereditary 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • Bad Boys I & II 4K $29.99
  • Bad Boys I & II 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $34.99
  • Supernatural: Season Thirteen $36.99 Save $6

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked Madden Hall of Fame edition with GCU on release day 8/7, my GCU unlocked expired 8/8. Tried to pre-order BFV using the $10 reward on the 8th and my GCU was gone.
Exactly! My point is these A-holes give a date of expiration & don't adhere to it. Bunch of crap. Oh but you better not get more than 3 of the same game, same system.
It's you better follow our rules, but we don't have to play by the rules we set up.

The last day you can use GCU is the day before the date listed. It expires ON the date listed.
Except I was trying to use mine on 9/7, and my expiration date was THROUGH 9/8. I purposely decided NOT to wait until the last day, just in case, and lo and behold, they still screwed me. I did manage to speak to a CSR online. The agent said my GCU should have been active and gave me the 20% discount. I was able to place one last order (2 in stock games and 2 pre-order titles), but I didn't want to push it. I was going to go ahead and pre-order a few more games, and probably cave and pick-up Spider-man in store, but that ship has sailed. So, several game sales lost, with lots more to come. I definitely picked up a lot of games I could have waited on, thanks to the 20% discount.

As of today, the 9th, my GCU info has disappeared from the site.

So, as a warning to everyone out there with GCU, DO NOT wait until the last day to order anything you might want. Fortunately, I had already pre-ordered most of what I wanted through BB, or Amazon.

Now, maybe we can give that backlog some much needed attention...

I wonder if getting more than 3 Destiny games will count against your GCU? Since I'm preordering 3 different games on different transactions. I don't wanna get the banhammer.

It does count. Be careful!
Speculation? There is no limit to how many games you can purchase, only games discounted via GCU. So I don’t see how these count towards the limit. Time will tell with some people, but my best guess is that it does not count, as they’re not GCU discounted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speculation? There is no limit to how many games you can purchase, only games discounted via GCU. So I don’t see how these count towards the limit. Time will tell with some people, but my best guess is that it does not count, as they’re not GCU discounted.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gamers-Club/Destiny-2-free-copy-apply-to-the-GCU-3x-limit/td-p/1245243

Also, someone here bought a $29.99+ game along w/ Destiny 2 in store and GCU applied even though it was a free game.

Destiny 2 rang up as $19.99 ($15.99 GCU) and then the free Destiny 2 promo took off the rest.

How do you chat with an agent?
Either from your orders page or add something dumb to your cart and checkout, then click the help button. IDK why it is they don't offer chat if you're not on specific pages (probably because they're being shitters about only trying to help people buying something. . .-_-) but that's the only way I've been able to get the chat option to not be "not available".

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gamers-Club/Destiny-2-free-copy-apply-to-the-GCU-3x-limit/td-p/1245243

Also, someone here bought a $29.99+ game along w/ Destiny 2 in store and GCU applied even though it was a free game.

Destiny 2 rang up as $19.99 ($15.99 GCU) and then the free Destiny 2 promo took off the rest.

“elektrokuter if you purchased a copy without the GCU discount, that purchase would not contribute towards your three-copy GCU limit for that title.”

None of my orders show anything except $0.00 for destiny. So it doesn’t look like GCU was involved at all.

Maybe the in store guy couldn’t get it to apply for free so they purchased it and then marked it down?

Not sure, but it seems kind of iffy either way.

bread's done
Back