Best Buy, Circuit City, & Target Ads for 8/8 - 8/14

The Successful Dropout

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
BEST BUY
VIDEOGAMES
  • Free coupon book instantly, with over $200 in savings, when you purchase Madden '05 on XBOX or PS2 (in-store only)
PS2
$59.99
  • Madden '05 Collector's Edition (includes: Madden '93, '98 & '01; Madden Trivia Challenge; Bonus video content that includes The Madden Cover Jinx, The Music of Madden and more)
$49.99
  • Madden '05
$39.99
  • Network Adapter (save $25 by mail if you sign up for broadband & purchase this)
$29.99
  • Kick-Off Pack (BB exclusive; includes 2 Datel Controllers & a Multitap)
$24.99
  • EA Game Talk Headset
$14.99
  • Madden '05 Strategy Guide (includes NFL schedule & over $50 in coupons)
    Tomb Raider: AOD
    Spider-Man
XBOX
$149.99
  • System
$69.99
  • 12-Month Live Starter Kit
$49.99
  • Madden '05
$39.99
  • 3-Month Live Starter Kit (save $25 by mail if you sign up for broadband & purchase this)
    Live Phoenix Controller (includes Controller, Headset, & 2 Free Months of Live)
    Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow
$14.99
  • Madden '05 Strategy Guide (includes NFL schedule & over $50 in coupons)
    SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom
    Counter-Strike
PC
$34.99
  • Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
$29.99
  • Diablo: Battle Chest
    WarCraft: Battle Chest
$14.99
  • StarCraft: Battle Chest
DVD
$??.??
  • Johnson Family Vacation
    Predator w/ Free Movie Ticket to see Alien Vs Predator
$58.99
  • HighLander S5, 18 episodes
$34.99
  • Three Stooges 2-pack: Goofs on the Loose/Stooged & Confoosed
$32.99
  • Alf S1, 26 episodes
$24.99
  • Good Times S3, 24 episodes
$22.99
  • Good Bye Lenin!
$19.99
  • Kill Bill V1 w/ Free DVD SlipSleeve that holds V1 & V2 (limited quantities)
    Starsky & Hutch
    13 Going on 30
    Hidalgo
    CrossRoads
    The Prince & Me
    The Best of So Graham Norton
$17.99
  • EuroTrip
    The Lost Boys Special Edition
$15.99
  • Kill Bill V2 w/ Free DVD SlipSleeve that holds V1 & V2 (limited quantities)
    Freaks
$14.99
  • Jackie Brown
$9.99
  • Bill Cosby: HimSelf
2 for $25
  • Kill Bill V2
    Jackie Brown
3 for $20
  • Trespass
    Out of Africa
    Mo Better Blues
    Beautiful Girls
    One Fine Day
    Shallow Hal
    He Got Game
    She's All That
    Quiz Show
    Summer of Sam
    Gattaca
    The Replacement Killers
    Glengarry GlenRoss
    The Rules of Attraction
    SNL: Adam Sandler
    SNL: Will Ferrell
    Election
    Tomb Raider
    Bad News Bears
    Zoolander
    Orange County
    Amistad
    The Legend of Bagger Vance
    Jungle Fever
    Training Day
    Sleepers
    New Jack City
    Three Kings
    SwordFish
    Summer Catch
CIRCUIT CITY
PS2
$149.99
  • System
$59.99
  • Madden '05 Collector's Edition
$49.99
  • Madden '05 w/ $10 GC (in-store only)
$39.99
  • Athens '04
    Driv3r
    MVP Baseball '04
$19.99
  • Gran Turismo 3
    Socom
    Rainbow Six 3
$14.99
  • Beat Pad (also works on PSone)
XBOX
$49.99
  • Madden '05 w/ 2 Months of Live Free & $10 GC (GC is in-store only)
$34.99
  • Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow
$29.99
  • Communicator 3
$19.99
  • Star Wars: KotoR
    Rainbow Six 3
GC
$49.99
  • Madden '05 w/ $10 GC (in-store only)
GBA
$34.99
  • Pokemon LeafGreen (free Pocket Trainer's Guide w/ required $5 deposit)
    Pokemon FireRed (free Pocket Trainer's Guide w/ required $5 deposit)
$26.99
  • Super Mario Advance 4: SMB3
    Mario vs DK
$24.99
  • Madden '05 (no GC)
PC
$54.99
  • Doom 3 w/ $10 GC
$29.99
  • Harry Potter 3
    Battlefield Vietnam
DVD
$??.??
  • Kill Bill V1 (save $5 if purchased w/ V2)
    Johnson Family Vacation
$19.99
  • The Prince & Me
    Good Times S3
    Predator w/ Free Movie Ticket to see Alien vs Predator
    The Lost Boys Special Edition
    HellBoy
    Hidalgo
    Starsky & Hutch
    13 Going on 30
$15.99
  • Kill Bill V2 (save $5 if purchased w/ V1)
$12.99
  • The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
    Conan O'Brien: 10th Anniversary Special
$11.99
  • Hilary Duff: The Concert
$9.99
  • Jackie Brown
    Face/Off
    SwordFish
    Kings of Comedy
    BikerBoyz
    BeetleJuice
    Predator 2
    Enough
    The Player's Club
    Mission: Impossible 2
    The Firm
    Vanilla Sky
$8.99
  • Bill Cosby: HimSelf
    PCS: Cedric the Entertainer
    PCS: Steve Harvey
$4.99
  • Reservoir Dogs
2 for $15
  • Jeepers Creepers
    Jeepers Creepers 2
    The Terminator
    Legally Blonde
    Uptown Girls
    Hart's War
    Good Boy!
    The Manchurian Candidate
    The Thomas Crown Affair
    Dances w/ Wolves
    Bowling for Columbine
    Out of Time
    Die Another Day
    The Barbershop
TARGET
VIDEOGAMES
  • Free Fantasy Football guide w/ purchase of any Madden '05 game (limited quantities)
PS2
$59.99
  • Madden '05 Collector's Edition
$49.99
  • Madden '05
$14.88
  • Midnight Club II
    GTA: Vice City
XBOX
$49.99
  • Madden '05
GC
$49.99
  • Madden '05
GBA
$99.99
  • SP System w/ free Full-Size GBA SP BackPack (limited quantities)
$24.88
  • Madden '05
    Yu-Gi-Oh!: Reshef of Destruction
    DragonBall Z: SuperSonic Warriors
PC
$45.82
  • Doom 3
DVD
$??.??
  • Kill Bill V2
    Johnson Family Vacation
$19.99
  • The Prince & Me
$15.99
  • Predator w/ Free Movie Ticket to see Alien vs Predator
$14.99
  • Baby Einstein: Baby da Vinci - From Head to Toe
    The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
2 for $20
  • Master & Commander: tFSotW
    Runaway Jury
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    Stuck on You
    Cheaper by the Dozen
    Old School
    Animal House
    Independence Day Limited Edition
2 for $15
  • Jerry MaGuire
    A Walk in the Clouds
    Out ofTime
    Van Wilder
    Young Frankenstein
    SNL: Will Ferrell
    SwimFan
    Reservoir Dogs Special Edition

[quote name='CouRageouS']Thanks Trust!

That 3 for $20 dvd at Best Buy is tempting. May have to finally pick up Zoolander and Best of Will Ferell. Any suggestions on a good third choice?[/quote]

Glengary GlenRoss and Election are two of my favorite movies. EVERYBODY go see GG GR if you haven't already. It has the best dialogue I've ever heard, bar none.

actually, seeing that the se reservoir dogs is 9.99 on the cc website, the se is most likely 4.99- which justifies a purchase in my mind even tho i have the old one

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='CouRageouS']Thanks Trust!

That 3 for $20 dvd at Best Buy is tempting. May have to finally pick up Zoolander and Best of Will Ferell. Any suggestions on a good third choice?[/quote]

Glengary GlenRoss and Election are two of my favorite movies. EVERYBODY go see GG GR if you haven't already. It has the best dialogue I've ever heard, bar none.[/quote]

Agreed, about Glengarry GlenRoss, anyway. Election was good, but I just felt it dragged in parts. I actually just bought two copies of Glengarry GlenRoss (one for myself, one for a friend who had somehow never seen it) from DDD during their 20% off sale. Mamet is a genius, and just look at the cast.

[quote name='"ElwoodCuse"'][quote name='"cruzincontrol"']Damn didn't think Target would be selling Madden '05 CE...Would've like to use raincheck on that. Well Looks like I'll be getting KOTOR for $15 @ Best Buy With Price Match (from CC) and GGC....[/quote]

Just take the GGC coupon to Circuit City, they'll pricematch the coupon automatically. Hell, they might even let you use the $5 off Xbox live software coupon in Best Buy's Gamepro magazine if you show them how it works on Xbox Live. That way you wouldn't need to buy a gift card at all.
[/quote]

The Circuit City by me doesn't accept or price match competitor coupons (those bastards, I tried before so guess its ymmv) so I'm forced to do it this way. As for the Gamepro coupons would this game qualify? I didn't know it was Live......

Thanks Trust for posting them. NOthing much for me this week, though that Best of Triuph the Insult Comic Dog is slowly pecking away at my conscience to get it.

[quote name='slidecage']goog time to pick up rain checks if u got that way Midnightclub2 and GTA will both fetch rain check for 50-52% off games[/quote]

didn't Target droped the price down for midnight club 2 to 19.99 already?

[quote name='cruzincontrol']
The Circuit City by me doesn't accept or price match competitor coupons (those bastards, I tried before so guess its ymmv) so I'm forced to do it this way. As for the Gamepro coupons would this game qualify? I didn't know it was Live......[/quote]

It has DLC, you can try. That sucks about your local Circuit Citys though. Weird that they won't price match the coupon but your Best Buy will pricematch and let you use the coupon at the same time.

[quote name='rebthor'][quote name='guardian_owl']If I remember correctly all that is one KB V2 is one deleted scene. Ya, higher ups with Miramax were bragging about bleeding consumers dry with multiple double-dips of Kill Bill.

Those Conan Dvds, particularly Triumph, are calling my name! Thanks Trust.[/quote]

At the very least they should have done the hookup that the LOTR dvds had. Great features on the stand alones and non duplicated all new features on the re-releases.

I agree about bleeding us dry, that's why I will rent KB vol. 2 and wait for the OMFG SUPAR DUPAR Kill Bill COMPLEAT!!1!1! to come out.[/quote]

fucj that, I just want the 2 movies, I could careless about special features and all that crap.

[quote name='vherub']im waiting for the kill bill se directors cut recombining 1/2...

is that 4.99 reservoir dogs the better/newer version me wonders[/quote]

When does that come out, I'll probably get Vol.2 anyway since i have vol.1 but the directors cut would be nice also!

[quote name='Kaijufan']Nothing good this week. I just keep on getting more and more disapointed by the ads every week.[/quote]

I think you just might be too picky. They usually have great DVD deals every week and good video game deals about once every 2 to 3 weeks.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='Kaijufan']Nothing good this week. I just keep on getting more and more disapointed by the ads every week.[/quote]

I think you just might be too picky. They usually have great DVD deals every week and good video game deals about once every 2 to 3 weeks.[/quote]
Well I dont live near a CC, so I do sometimes see CC stuff I want but cant get.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='KingKhoiCorp']*goes to best buy[/quote]

You're going today when the sale starts the 8th? Heh. Ok.[/quote]

lol

*finds KingKhoiCorp the first one at the door at Best Buy with a 5 oclock shadow*

Thanks for the list, TC.
I'm too lazy to post the "best of" this week on the front page, plus I want to give that gamestop deal maximum exposure.

It looks like the only interesting gaming deal is Madden at CC with the $10 GC.

I'll probably pick up KOTOR and possibly Rainbow Six 3 for $14.99 each after $5 off competitor's coupon at CC.

It appears they do, though I've never tried it myself.

I may get Animal House for $10 @ Target, but I think that's it.

Still, many thanks, trust, for these threads!

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']does all CC accept competitor coupons?[/quote]

My local Circuit City accepts competitor coupons with no hassel at all. I've used a Best Buy coupon at least twice there.

I already asked on the portable board, but is that DBZ game for the GBA any good?

I don't care if it's as deep as a kiddie pool (Legends for the Playstation was, and I dug that), I'm just looking for a good, playable fighter for the GBA, with plenty of replay (and, yes, I've already got both of the Street Fighters).

If it's one of those "only good if you're a fan" type games, though, I'll pass. My liking of DBZ doesn't amount to a hill of beans anymore, so if it's turd, "fandom" won't polish it.

[quote name='Bivensra']I picked up a copy for my son and myself. He loves it and I think it is a decent fighting game.[/quote]

Thanks. I already blew the rest of my cash on Highway to Hell, but I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

I just got Killbill v2 w/ the collecter's slip thingy... my local BB had more then 50 they even were giving them out at the cashier to whomever bought killbill 2 or 1. They had plently left, Lakewood, CA.

bread's done
Back