Best Buy Clearance...YMMV

terutt

CAGiversary!
Went to Best Buy at lunch yesterday.

Saw several items with stickers on them that said "Clearance Item. Was $39.99 now $19.99" (for example).

It does not seem like it was a nationwide thing or anything...when I took them up to check out, they rang up full price and then the guy manually over-rode them.

So, maybe it was just a one-off deal (this was at the Houston Willowbrook store) but there were a lot of titles involved.

Off the top of my head...

Xbox 360 (had the most that fit into this category): Juiced 2, Eragon, Meet the Robinsons, America's Army, a couple of Hockey games, others I can't remember.

PSP: Manhunt 2 ($15) and Monster Hunter 2 ($20)...I remember the prices on these because they were the only two things I bought. They had a few other titles as well but I can't recall (was in a hurry on my lunch hour)

PS2 and DS: A few scroungy old titles...can't recall.

Wii and PS3: Did not see anything marked like this.

So, this thread is not about giving all the specifics, but rather a heads up that at least in one case, it looks like BB is going through and thinning the herd...yours may be too.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Prey LE (360) $15
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 (360) $4.99[/quote]

can you pick up smackdown vs. raw for me? ill paypal you money

Monster Hunter 2 is a steal at that price. I actually bought it for full retail when it came out and have never regretted that.

Best Buy clearance is always insanely YMMV - it's completely manager discretion based on stock and pricing is not consistent, if there is clearance at all. I highly suggest calling your Best Buy first and checking with a media to see if there is even anything on clearance before making a special trip.
Yes, it's a Best Buy clerk, so you may get the wrong answer, but it's worth a shot. Gas and time cost money.

[quote name='terutt']Went to Best Buy at lunch yesterday.

Saw several items with stickers on them that said "Clearance Item. Was $39.99 now $19.99" (for example).

It does not seem like it was a nationwide thing or anything...when I took them up to check out, they rang up full price and then the guy manually over-rode them.

So, maybe it was just a one-off deal (this was at the Houston Willowbrook store) but there were a lot of titles involved.

Off the top of my head...

Xbox 360 (had the most that fit into this category): Juiced 2, Eragon, Meet the Robinsons, America's Army, a couple of Hockey games, others I can't remember.

PSP: Manhunt 2 ($15) and Monster Hunter 2 ($20)...I remember the prices on these because they were the only two things I bought. They had a few other titles as well but I can't recall (was in a hurry on my lunch hour)

PS2 and DS: A few scroungy old titles...can't recall.

Wii and PS3: Did not see anything marked like this.

So, this thread is not about giving all the specifics, but rather a heads up that at least in one case, it looks like BB is going through and thinning the herd...yours may be too.[/quote]

hey terutt i shop at that store all the time & i was there the other day but didnt see this up,were they in a bin some where or a table up in the front of the store?

[quote name='joker______']hey terutt i shop at that store all the time & i was there the other day but didnt see this up,were they in a bin some where or a table up in the front of the store?[/QUOTE]

Mixed in with the regular stock..no special bin or table or anything......

[quote name='terutt']Mixed in with the regular stock..no special bin or table or anything......[/quote]

alright man thanks for the heads up,ill go there tomorrow

bread's done
Back