Best Buy double Reward Zone points not showing up?

Justin42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Has anyone noticed if their videogame/DVD/etc purchases have shown up under the "double points" promotion that BB is running right now? I notice points normally show up within 1-2 days and my Nov. 7 mass purchase (of GH2, etc) hasn't shown up, even when I try to force it in with the "Get missing points" option. It says it took the receipt info but that was 2-3 days ago and still nothing.

I'm just wondering if their system is lagging, or if something's wrong with my account that I should call about? (I hate calling, the people there don't have the slightest clue about the RZ program, it's such a waste...)

Mine showed up after three days like normal. It listed the price of a DVD I bought, then right below it it said Double Reward Bonus with the same price.

Mine are showing up fine. In fact, I managed to use the 10% off and 250 bonus points coupon on a $5 DVD a week ago, and I got the double points as well.

Mine showed up fine last week with purchases I made. Two line entries for each purchase.

I'd call them and see what's up. I had to call them 4-5 times for the 500 bonus point bit for the BB.com order in the middle of October, though they finally fixed it. Since this is a program not working like it should, reporting it through the website won't work, since it'll only work for a purchase that you didn't give them your RZ card for, or they didn't scan it in at the register.

Their phone # is 866 793 9663 .

I bought 2 FFXII during the first week of release. It has been added but its still in pending. Later that week I bought another FFXII but it didnt add it. So, I put it in, in the Missing Points section. After a day or two, they said its already applied. I dont see it. I only see the points for the 2 FFXII i bought. How long is the pending points last till they post it? I bought 2 extra FFXII for my friends. I used the CC ad to pricematch since i live near BB.

EDIT: ok i see it, they said after 30days to post it. but the missing points thing is the problem. i didnt get the points for the other FFXII, even though i submitted the missing points.

Thanks everyone... I guess I'll have to call once I get home and can have the receipt in front of me. (I wish I had a bit more confidence, the last time I called the CSR didn't speak English and kept trying to tell me that I had returned items which is why I didn't get points, which was totally bogus..)

I bought Guitar Hero II on 11/7 and my purchase shows up but the double points don't. I did call and the woman, who really didn't seem to know what was going on because she thought I was using a coupon, said that the double points will be added when the points go from pending to posted. I think that is a BS answer and I'll probably call back.

[quote name='Heavy-Sixer']I bought Guitar Hero II on 11/7 and my purchase shows up but the double points don't. I did call and the woman, who really didn't seem to know what was going on because she thought I was using a coupon, said that the double points will be added when the points go from pending to posted. I think that is a BS answer and I'll probably call back.[/quote] Complete BS. See the screen cap from my RZ account:

Both purchases are in the pending column, though both purchases have doubled points. With the transaction dates being the same for both purchases, for both purchase and bonus points.

[quote name='shrike4242']Complete BS. See the screen cap from my RZ account:

Both purchases are in the pending column, though both purchases have doubled points. With the transaction dates being the same for both purchases, for both purchase and bonus points.[/QUOTE]

i have the same thing as well.

[quote name='shrike4242']Complete BS. See the screen cap from my RZ account:

Both purchases are in the pending column, though both purchases have doubled points. With the transaction dates being the same for both purchases, for both purchase and bonus points.[/quote]

I knew that is the way it should show up. I will certainly be calling back! Thanks!!

I just called back and another rep told me the same thing the first one did: the double points don't always show up when they're pending but the will when they are posted. I'm pissed.

Geez, I just called and talked to someone who sort of spoke English. She said she'd refer it to the "back office" and it'd be 2-3 weeks for the points to show up. This is what they told me last time, and when the points finally showed it it was nowhere near the right amount.

Methinks a letter to Best Buy customer service is in order soon... (especially given how insane it is to try to communicate with these people-- not just because their English is hard to understand but because they seem to genuinely have NO CLUE about the Reward Zone program. This woman I talked to today had no idea about the double reward zone point offer for games/DVDs.)

[quote name='Heavy-Sixer']I bought Guitar Hero II on 11/7 and my purchase shows up but the double points don't. I did call and the woman, who really didn't seem to know what was going on because she thought I was using a coupon, said that the double points will be added when the points go from pending to posted. I think that is a BS answer and I'll probably call back.[/QUOTE]

It is BS but if it's anything like the emails I had back and forth with them for a receipt that they claim was applied but wasn't you'll be in for a fight. I finally had to wait 30 days until it should have posted then told them to check the account to see there was a line item addition for the points then they posted them as an "Error Adjustment." They even tried to tell me that me returning items from another receipt was the reason why the points didn't show up from the other receipt.

Total fuckers!

I would recommend keeping a track of the purchases to make sure you're rewarded points for them. I had 3 recent purchases (10/23, 10/31, 11/08) not show up on my account (even though the receipt has my RZ # and the "Thanks for using your reward zone card!" text). The "Get missing points" all came back rejected and when emailing them they had to escalate it to their support staff to find out why they're not applying to the account (I have still not had any show up, close to a month after the initial purchase). I had to supply information from my receipts for them to look into the issue and apply the points, so be sure and hang on to them in case.

Normally I wouldnt make a big issue about it, but the combined purchases came to about $700.

Purchases made before and after these dates appear fine though - same for the double points.

bread's done
Back