Best Buy - Wiis Only on Sundays

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Just spoke with a Best Buy manager and asked when they expected to get in more Wiis. He said definitely either this or next Sunday they should see some decent sized batches. That's kind of a gimme though, the next bit is what I found interesting.
He said that they have been told to (at least while demand exceeds supply) keep all shipments for Sunday releases. This held true last weekend too, so I see no reason why it would not be accurate. Thus you will not find Wiis at Best Buy on any day but Sunday. Additionally, apparently they will make it into the ads every time they get a shipment to make sure people know to come in and get them on Sunday.

Hope that helps someone who's trying to get their hadns on one.

other stores have it too on sunday, i'm not sure which one i should camped at.... is it confirmed for BB?

My gf finally saw pics of the Zelda game and she got excited so I guess on top of the e-machine i got her for black friday i gotta get this.

They already have them, they just won't put them out. I overhead one of the managers talking to their Nintendo rep when I was at Best Buy. She said they had 6 in the back but wanted to hold them for the ad.

Target's got the Wiis this sunday also. My store got in 24 on Wednesday through UPS. We put out 10 to sell that afternoon, and will have 14 to sell on Sunday. I would assume that all Targets are having Wiis ready to sell on Sunday.

Yes you can get wii this sunday at circuit city. I guess cc is just following bb. It seems strange to me to hold them until a certain day to sell. People expect wii to be hard to find anyway. Come to cc every mon, wed, fri to the store in person to see if cc have ps3 to buy. Come early. Some stores are getting regular shipments of ps 3. Not too many; under 10.

Add TRU to the list of stores with Wii's on Sunday. My store has 20 of them currently, all being held until the ad hits on sunday.

Not a bad idea. At least people no when to go, and the store can try to avert people calling and stopping buy every single day.

Just sucks for those that don't want to wait for several hours. But in the end it's just a game system so people that don't want to wait a few hours aren't going to drop dead if they have to wait until after x-mas to get one.

I also think checking the stores every day is more of a hassle than showing up a few hours early on a sunday morning personally.

I also think checking the stores every day is more of a hassle than showing up a few hours early on a sunday morning personally.

Except when Best Buy hands out tickets for their availible Wii's the night before at 11:00pm and doesn't even bother to post a sign on Sunday morning for all the folks waiting in line. That's what happened at my BB last week. Employees kept passing us an their way in and no one said a word. As soon as the store opened, the manager was there to greet us and said "Sorry, the Wii's are all gone as of last night.". Then we had to watch all the ticketholders stroll in and take all the piled Wii's home with them right before our eyes. It was a sad day in happytown.

bought one at TRU black friday, slept outside bestbuy, first in line [3pm on thanksgiving] and they had none. Got other stuff, 3 pm got wii at TRU, but sold the two i got.

Now ill just go to TRU an hour prior to opening, hopefully they will have ps3, but i doubt it.

I called everyday this week, always been told to check sunday for a wii.

[quote name='bballryand316']bought one at TRU black friday, slept outside bestbuy, first in line [3pm on thanksgiving] and they had none. Got other stuff, 3 pm got wii at TRU, but sold the two i got.

Now ill just go to TRU an hour prior to opening, hopefully they will have ps3, but i doubt it.

I called everyday this week, always been told to check sunday for a wii.[/quote]

You've sold two already but still need more? :roll:

[quote name='bmulligan']Except when Best Buy hands out tickets for their availible Wii's the night before at 11:00pm and doesn't even bother to post a sign on Sunday morning for all the folks waiting in line. That's what happened at my BB last week. Employees kept passing us an their way in and no one said a word. As soon as the store opened, the manager was there to greet us and said "Sorry, the Wii's are all gone as of last night.". Then we had to watch all the ticketholders stroll in and take all the piled Wii's home with them right before our eyes. It was a sad day in happytown.[/QUOTE]

That kind of situation could lead to some serious ugliness :(

I picked up a Wii last Sunday at my BB. The line filled up at about 9:30 am, but we did get 60 total. Just a FYI for those who want to know when to get there.

what time are stores opening now on Sunday? Any special hours or fun holiday hours, or should the hours listed online be trusted?

bread's done
Back