Best way to clean a laptop screen?

Mr Unoriginal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
There are a bunch of spots on my laptop screen. What's the best way to clean them? Should I use liquid or just rub hard with a microfiber cloth? Something else?

There are cleaning kits available, but some tend to be overpriced. I've found that eyeglass cleaner and a microfiber cloth get the job done nicely; I have extras of both that I've gotten from my eye doctor ;)

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']There are a bunch of spots on my laptop screen. What's the best way to clean them? Should I use liquid or just rub hard with a microfiber cloth? Something else?[/QUOTE]
Point your dick-sneezes in an another direction.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']There are a bunch of spots on my laptop screen. What's the best way to clean them? Should I use liquid or just rub hard with a microfiber cloth? Something else?[/QUOTE]

Best Way, Cheap, especially if you're getting other stuff:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10902&cs_id=1090201&p_id=5173&seq=1&format=2

Alternative:

You could mix about 50/50 Isopropyl Alcohol and Water....No rubbing alcohol. I usually put them both into a waterbottle and mark it do not drink, remove the label.

Use the mixture and a lint free cloth to clean, put the mix on the cloth just to wet it, don't soak it, then go all the way across the top, going down in about 2" segments.

Wipe with dry cloth

My ASUS came with a microfibre cloth which I dampen one half and use to wipe in a left to right, up to down and vice versa motion. I then do the same with the dry half of the cloth and looks good as new or almost (which at this point is good enough for me to be honest).

[quote name='strikeratt']I just use a damp paper towel to get spots off then a microfiber cloth to get the left overs off.[/QUOTE]
I've found that this is the best option. This is how I've been cleaning the screen on my relatively new laptop after using prepackaged LCD cleaner wipes for years.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']Well what did you go with? This is like The Decision all over again.[/QUOTE]

I went with the wet paper towel and micro fiber cloth to dry with. Like butter.

Use the same sheet you get for a pair of glasses with a little water and diluted Windex if it's a tough stain.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I went with the wet paper towel and micro fiber cloth to dry with. Like butter.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to need some royalties for this :D

Honestly though all suggestions have been awsome.

I'd stay away from Windex if your screen is plastic or has any sort of coating on it. Windex has ammonia in it, and can eat some plastics.

Distilled water and a microfiber cloth is your best bet, add a little isopropyl alcohol if there's tougher stuff to get off. You can get away with tap water sometimes, but my tap water is so hard it has a tendency to leave a film/residue.

bread's done
Back