BestBuy support / deal question.

reddog1083

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So back when BestBuy was doing the buy one get one half off deal, I ordered Forza 3 / Borderlands before they took preorders down.

Total came to about $95 for site to store, but now I can no longer pick it up from that store. I tried sending three emails to BestBuy customer support, but I keep getting an automated message back that doesn't help at all.

So:

1. Will this deal even still work? Considering they took down Pre-orders a couple hours after.

2. Do any of you have bad luck with BB support?

-Thanks

I don't understand what you mean by "site to store". Are you talking about an in-store pickup order for both items?

1. Assuming the order is still valid in the system, it should still work. It should show the items as being set up for in-store pickup at that store.
2. Since you emailed them three times, I'd suggest calling them and trying to figure out what the situation is. I've had more good luck than bad with BB.com phone support, though sometimes, you can deal with long wait times on the phone, plus quite a bit of their support is outsourced.

[quote name='shrike4242']I don't understand what you mean by "site to store". Are you talking about an in-store pickup order for both items?

1. Assuming the order is still valid in the system, it should still work. It should show the items as being set up for in-store pickup at that store.
2. Since you emailed them three times, I'd suggest calling them and trying to figure out what the situation is. I've had more good luck than bad with BB.com phone support, though sometimes, you can deal with long wait times on the phone, plus quite a bit of their support is outsourced.[/QUOTE]

Yup, ordering online and picking up in store. Guess I will try calling them later, and hopefully get better support than with email.

Yes, nonstop bad luck. Best Buy sucks, and don't know their butts from their elbows. They sold me a lemon of a laptop. It had a bum harddrive, a bum motherbaord, and now it's bum software causing the same problems. I can't use Windows Update, or esle it'll reboot and never load. it hates the Service Pack's, and random upgrades as well.

Then there's the Gift Card that had the numbers rub off when scratched. I call support, a nice guy named Peter tells me to have the balance scanned, then have my local BB call and confirm it (with a case number provided me), and I'll get a new card. Unfortunately though, nobody at 2 BB's understood how to work a phone. They also seemed unable tog rasp what the numbers got rubbed off means,d epsite looking at it. Long story short, it took me 3 months to get a replacement, and I can't find anything to buy with it. And I still don't understand which part of call up and confirm the balance throws them off? I swear it sounds like pushing a bunch of numbered buttons to call the main office, giving my case number, and getting a new card. However, I must have misheard, because nobody at BB can do this.

THen there's Geek Squad. They claimed to ahve fixed a different laptop. I asked them to hold on 2 stinking minutes to verify their fix worked. I was assured there's a money back guarantee. Well, they fixed snot. When I called back, apparently the guarantee does not mean I get my money back ($100), but in fact they'll just keep trying a few more times. And I went over their time limit for phoen call repairs, so I should be thanking them. Then they offered to "fi" any othe rproblems I might be having. Like I'd trust them.

Heck, Geek Squad couldn't follow simple instructions when they set up my home network. I wanted them to use a temporary account, not my main one (I didn't trust them not to mess something up). Strangely, this confused them to no end, despite clear account labeling.

Don't count on them honoring old pre-orders.

[quote name='Ather']Yes, nonstop bad luck. Best Buy sucks, and don't know their butts from their elbows. They sold me a lemon of a laptop. It had a bum harddrive, a bum motherbaord, and now it's bum software causing the same problems. I can't use Windows Update, or esle it'll reboot and never load. it hates the Service Pack's, and random upgrades as well.

Then there's the Gift Card that had the numbers rub off when scratched. I call support, a nice guy named Peter tells me to have the balance scanned, then have my local BB call and confirm it (with a case number provided me), and I'll get a new card. Unfortunately though, nobody at 2 BB's understood how to work a phone. They also seemed unable tog rasp what the numbers got rubbed off means,d epsite looking at it. Long story short, it took me 3 months to get a replacement, and I can't find anything to buy with it. And I still don't understand which part of call up and confirm the balance throws them off? I swear it sounds like pushing a bunch of numbered buttons to call the main office, giving my case number, and getting a new card. However, I must have misheard, because nobody at BB can do this.

THen there's Geek Squad. They claimed to ahve fixed a different laptop. I asked them to hold on 2 stinking minutes to verify their fix worked. I was assured there's a money back guarantee. Well, they fixed snot. When I called back, apparently the guarantee does not mean I get my money back ($100), but in fact they'll just keep trying a few more times. And I went over their time limit for phoen call repairs, so I should be thanking them. Then they offered to "fi" any othe rproblems I might be having. Like I'd trust them.

Heck, Geek Squad couldn't follow simple instructions when they set up my home network. I wanted them to use a temporary account, not my main one (I didn't trust them not to mess something up). Strangely, this confused them to no end, despite clear account labeling.

Don't count on them honoring old pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

So, to summarize, a vendor made a bad machine and you are blaming it on best Buy, yo have a giftcard but you can't manage to find something to spend it on in store, and you trusted geek squad to fix something and they didn't. Sounds like there is a common problem in each of these situations....

bread's done
Back