Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frogs In Love - A puzzle game with fun mini-games.

Click here for Frogs In Love

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Hidden In Time: Mirror Mirror - A hidden object game.

Click here for Hidden In Time: Mirror Mirror

Gamezebo review:

"Boomzap has an unpolished gem in Frogs in Love. The mini-games are clever and fun, and the game does a lot of things right, but ultimately a lack of depth cuts it off at the knees. Hopefully the next time this frog hops into your pond, there will be more to play with."

Pros: Great production values. Clever twists on traditional mini-games. Cute character designs. Nice frog mechanics that are used quite effectively.

Cons: Not very balanced in terms of rewards and achievements. Too short. Not enough depth and variety.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Frogs In Love

Jewel Quest Solitaire 2 - A card game with a storyline and match 3 mini-games.

Click here for Jewel Quest Solitaire 2

Gamezebo review:

"Rather than casual games that challenge players to click furiously to accomplish goals -- such as time-based micromanagement games a la Diner Dash or Cake Mania - some digital diversions serve as relaxing getaways for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Jewel Quest Solitaire 2 is a perfect example of the latter, as its relatively simple premise, slow pace and compelling story make this an ideal pick for puzzle fans of all ages."

Pros: Fun, accessible and relaxing gameplay. Bonus gem-swapping mini-game a welcome addition. Great story.

Cons: Might be too easy for some. Questionable replayability. Not too different than original game.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Jewel Quest Solitaire 2

My Kingdom For The Princess - A time-management/building game.

Click here for My Kingdom For The Princess

Gamezebo review:

"My Kingdom for the Princess is a really fun diversion, with easy to learn rules, yet lots of opportunities to form strategies. It offers plenty of hours of entertainment in a simple resource management framework, making it an impressive casual game."

Pros: Simple to learn, yet challenging to master. Lots of room for strategy. Fun story and theme. Lots of variety in tasks and levels. Good production values.

Cons: Tasks cannot be chained in advance.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of My Kingdom For The Princess

Stone Of Destiny - A hidden object game.

Click here for Stone Of Destiny

Gamezebo review:

"Stone of Destiny's strong graphics and mysterious atmosphere deliver an enjoyable experience, but one that with its relatively short length and unlimited hints seems in some ways designed for younger players. Hidden Object pros will likely be able to blow through it in a few hours."

Pros: Beautiful graphics. Cool 3D animations.

Cons: Fairly short and easy. Not terribly original.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of The Stone Of Destiny

Anna's Ice Cream - A time management game.

Click here for Anna's Ice Cream

Defenders Of Law: The Rosendale File - A hidden object game.

Click here for Defenders Of Law: The Rosendale File

Gamezebo review:

"While Anna's Ice Cream has some interesting elements, such as the flavor mini game and serving monkeys, it can suffer from slow pacing. The ice cream theme has been well used in casual games, so it lacks originality. While it's a okay game on it's own, with so many time management games to compare it to, it doesn't really stand out as unique or particularly exciting to play."

Pros: Cute serving monkeys and an assembly line process make the game slightly different from the standard time management waitress games.

Cons: Average graphics and music. Commonly used ice cream theme. Pace can be slow. Lack of ability to stop or slow the assembly line can be frustrating.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Anna's Ice Cream

Gamezebo review:

"Defenders of Law: The Rosendale Case is a pleasant play and does a nice job of giving reason to what sometimes feels like purposeless searching in other HOGs. It's just too bad it isn't a bit longer and doesn't offer more of a challenge."

Pros: Clever narrative gives plausible context to HOG play. Random case generator changes the plot in each new game. Objects have realistic proportions and are sensibly located. Nice hand-drawn art.

Cons: Too easy for veteran HOG players. Short (about two hours per case). Court dialogue scenes offer no challenge. Bonus matching game is an exercise in tedium.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Defenders of Law: The Rosendale Case

Yumsters 2 - A fun twist on Match 3 games.

Click here for Yumsters 2

Gamezebo review:

"If you enjoy match-three games, music or have a sense of humor (or hopefully, all three) download the highly enjoyable Yumsters! 2. You won’t be disappointed with this quirky but highly addictive puzzler."

Pros: Silly, fun and challenging gameplay. Many levels, powers and level designs. Two game modes and mini-games. Great music. Lots of personality. Cute graphics and animation.

Cons: Trophies taken out from first game. New time element makes this sequel a bit harder than original. The game can seriously eat away at your productivity.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Yumsters 2

Cradle Of Rome - An excellent Match 3/empire building game.

Click here for Cradle Of Rome

Gamezebo review:

"Ancient Rome was an impressive place. Cradle of Rome is somewhat striking, too. Its visuals are attractive and its tunes appealing. Plus, having to balance your tile-matching efforts with needed resources adds a unique, strategic element to play which, by the way, can be quite addictive. Cradle of Rome is an enjoyable three-in-a-row diversion with some interesting twists. So, give it a try. Its resource-matching play provides a solid foundation for fans of the genre."

Pros: Charming graphics and catchy music. Resource-based matching. Addictive play.

Cons: Only one game mode. Restarts at beginning of last epoch (stage).

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Cradle Of Rome

Cradle of Rome is a really fun game. It was the first Match 3 game to add empire building to the formula. Basically, the items you match in the puzzle portion of the game translate into usable resources you can use to build the various buildings of ancient Rome. Adds a strategy element to all the matching. 100 levels. Lots to build.

This is one of those games that did something new and competitors began cloning it like crazy. But the original is still the best.

[quote name='Otty Ott']Cradle of Rome is a really fun game. It was the first Match 3 game to add empire building to the formula. Basically, the items you match in the puzzle portion of the game translate into usable resources you can use to build the various buildings of ancient Rome. Adds a strategy element to all the matching. 100 levels. Lots to build.

This is one of those games that did something new and competitors began cloning it like crazy. But the original is still the best.[/QUOTE]

+1. Cradle of Rome was one of the games that turned me on to the Match-3 genre with great gameplay and presentation. I'll be grabbing it from BFG for convenience's sake (and a stamp on my 'Punch' Card).

Thanks as always for keeping the thread updated.

Aquatic Of Sherwood - A Puzzle Bobble/Snood style game.

Click here for Aquatic Of Sherwood

Aquatic of Sherwood is an older game and I could not find a review of it. It is similar to Snood and Puzzle Bobble except you shoot your ball from the top instead of from the bottom. Here is the game description:

Odd machines are appearing in the forest, and Aquatica has gone missing! Start your quest to find her by matching three or more same-colored bubbles using the unique bubble-shooter. Pop as many as you can before you run out of room! Aquatic of Sherwood will keep you bubble-popping for hours!

• 50 levels.
  • Fun sound effects.
  • 9 bonuses.

Burger Shop - Fill customer orders from ingredients on a moving conveyor belt.

Click here for Burger Shop

Gamezebo review:

"Once you've completed the 80 levels of Burger Shop's story mode, there's still a whole lot of game left. You can go back and try to get a Perfect score in every level, or try the next 80 levels of Expert Story Mode. Or you could switch to Challenge Mode and see how much money you can earn per level, or try Relax Mode, where the customers never leave so you can serve them at your leisure. All-in-all there are 96 trophies to add to your virtual case across all the modes.Burger Shop isn't the first burger-themed game to come out, and it likely won't be the last, but it's a game that's definitely worth sinking your teeth into."

Pros: Funny. More than 60 shop upgrades and 80 levels. High replayability. Good pacing and challenge. Excellent production values.

Cons: Some of the burgers are too similar looking.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Burger Shop

James Patterson's Women's Murder Club 3: Twice In A Blue Moon - a hidden object mystery game.

Click here for James Patterson's Women's Murder Club: Twice In A Blue Moon

Gamezebo review:

"Overall, Twice in a Blue Moon provides an excellent assortment of hidden object searching and puzzle solving, while maintaining a realistic atmosphere and some genuine tension. Welcome to the Club!"

Pros: Great atmosphere. Some truly difficult puzzles. Well-crafted hidden object levels.

Cons: Wasted opportunity with forensic levels.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of James Patterson's Women's Murder Club 3

3 Cards To Midnight - a hidden object/adventure game from the developers of the Tex Murphy series of adventures.

Click here for 3 Cards To Midnight

Gamezebo review:

"Although I recognize that the story subject matter won’t be for everyone, personally I found myself sucked in by it. It’s well-written, and the cutscenes, all fully voice-acted, are well-staged and compelling. Indeed, Three Cards to Midnight would easily be a 4-star game if it weren’t still a little rough around the edges: in addition to the quirks already noted, the music loops awkwardly, there’s no Windowed mode, and you can’t save the game in the middle of a level. As it stands, the game is a decent thriller for fans of supernatural themes, and a promising start of things to come. I’ll be looking forward to the sequel, Three Cards to Dead Time."

Pros: Compelling, well-written story. Voice-acted cutscenes. Unique spin on hidden object gameplay. Gameplay blends with the plot. Multiple difficulty settings.

Cons: No windowed mode. Solutions to skipped mini-games aren’t shown. Some ambiguity with word combinations. Mature, occult themes not suitable for everyone.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of 3 Cards To Midnight

For those who might be interested, 3 Cards to Midnight was created by the guys behind the Tex Murphy classic adventure games from 1989-1998.

ZenGems - an excellent match 3 game.

Click here for ZenGems

Treasure Seekers: Visions Of Gold - A hidden object adventure game.

Click here for Treasure Seekers: Visions Of Gold

Gamezebo review:

"Like all good puzzle games, ZenGems is a deceptively simple concept that offers a high degree of gameplay depth and addictiveness. There are almost 200 levels to explore in total, all of which challenge the player to think creatively and come up with new strategies for overcoming obstacles. One of the key ingredients in ZenGems' success is that where puzzle games can start to feel like a grind after a while, ZenGems really does live up to its creator's name of feeling as "fresh" on level 35 as it did on level 1."

Pros: Superb level design. Addictive and challenging gameplay. Humorous story. Attractive visuals and sounds. Three gameplay modes.

Cons: Colorburst looks too similar to regular ball.

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of ZenGems

Gamezebo review:

"Not all hidden object games are created equal. With its charming story, high production values and adventure game-like puzzles, Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold is one of the better ones available today."

Pros: Fun take on hidden object games. Good mini-game puzzles. Attractive graphics and great music. Charming story.

Cons: Some objects are confusing or don’t make sense for task. Only one game mode.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold

Two very good games offered up today for $2.99. I've played both of them and can easily recommend them. ZenGems especially is a worthwhile download.

ArkLight - a sci-fi shooter/brick buster game.

Click here for ArkLight

I couldn't find any reviews of ArkLight. Here is the game description from Big Fish:

Battle through cities and blast through blockades in this exciting and unique brick-busting game. Blocks, tanks, turrets and attack crafts are laying in wait; you must blast past them in your quest for freedom.

• 50 levels
  • 500+ screens
  • 3D graphics
  • 3 gameplay modes
  • Fun game mechanics

Fatal Hearts - a choose-your-own-adventure game.

Click here for Fatal Hearts

Gamezebo review:

"I found it best to think of Fatal Hearts as less of a game and more of an interactive novel with some great descriptive passages, cool illustrations, well-placed sound effects and atmospheric music. And the best part is that you can read it over and over again and it's never the same twice."

Pros: Branching story with multiple endings. Ability to skip dialogue and puzzle the second time. Atmospheric music and sound effects. Well-written narrative.

Cons: So-so production values. Could use more images to support story. Some puzzles awkward to control.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Fatal Hearts

PictoWords - a word game.

Click here for PictoWords

Gamezebo review:

"If you're a word game lover who wants something beyond Boggle and Scrabble, PictoWords is a neat concept that even experienced wordies should find interesting. However, if you're a perfectionist that needs to get a perfect score on every level, you might get aggravated by the acronyms. Because the method of play never varies, it's not a good choice for extend play periods, though it works really well as a game to play during coffee breaks."

Pros: Original and creative word game concept. Stimulating.

Cons: Acronyms and slang accepted inconsistently by dictionary. No goal to gameplay. Only one play mode.

Rating: 3.0 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of PictoWords

Wandering Willows - a graphic adventure game.

Click here for Wandering Willows

Gamezebo review:

"Unique game play, beautiful artwork, and a funny storyline with colorful characters will prove Wandering Willows a winner among adventure and sim game fans young and old. This game offers a challenge without the pressure of time constraints, and since it will likely take you at least 20 hours to complete all the quests, it's a great value for the price."

Pros: Unique, fun and relaxed gameplay. Adorable customizable avatar with numerous outfits. Beautiful hand drawn art and pleasant music. Funny storyline and cute game characters. Impressive length.

Cons: Difficult to find all items. Some may find the game too slow paced or repetitive.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Wandering Willows

Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery - a hidden object adventure game.

Click here for Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery

Gamezebo review:

"Your time with Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery, brief though it may be, will be well spent. The locations are all quite beautifully drawn, and though the hidden object sequences aren't terribly difficult, solving the various environmental puzzles is quite satisfying. Even the background music is pleasant. It's the perfect HOG for anyone looking to just kick back and relax."

Pros: Great art style. Satisfying puzzles. Good story.

Cons: Somewhat too easy. Too short.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery

Be Richer - a fast-paced building game similar to Build-A-Lot.

Click here for Be Richer

Gamezebo review:

"The greatest advantage of Be Richer is still the fact that it feels as fast-paced to play it as riding a roller-coaster. While the game lacks the complexity of Build-a-lot or the outstanding production values of Wonderburg or Plan it Green, it nonetheless can compete with those titles when it comes to the most important aspect of any game, which simply is how much fun it is to play it."

Pros: Challenging and fast-paced gameplay that constantly requires the attention of the player. Two different modes. Impossible to get stuck, ergo not as frustrating as similar titles. Neighborhood can be completely changed and arranged to one's own taste.

Cons: Only small changes compared to the prequel. A rather short length for a game in this genre. Graphics are a bit rough and edgy.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Be Richer

The Adventures Of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates - a match 3 game.

Click here for The Adventures Of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates

The Serpent Of Isis - A hidden object adventure game.

Click here for The Serpent Of Isis

Gamezebo review:

"If you prefer some swashbuckling, keelhauling, and plank-walking flavor in your match-three puzzle action, then boy are you in luck. Sailing the deadly high seas in search of trouble and treasure provides the enticing thematic backdrop for a healthy dose of polished puzzle gameplay in The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates. A little piratical twist and a lot of variety make for some fun lighthearted Caribbean mayhem. Just watch out for sea serpents, scurvy, and sunken reefs along the way."

Pros: Great presentation. Fun items to use. Lots of variations of match-3 gameplay.

Cons: Some mini-games drag on. Gets repetitive over time.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates

Gamezebo review:

"The Serpent of Isis is the latest title to combine hidden object gameplay with inventory-based puzzles, challenging mini-games and an interesting mystery story – in this case, a plot that takes you across Europe by train as you track down the culprits responsible for stealing a rare Egyptian artifact."

Pros: Decent length. Interesting story, puzzles and locations.

Cons: Inventory puzzles not always clear. Some vagueness with item labeling.

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of The Serpent Of Isis

Save Our Spirit - a hidden object game.

Click here for Save Our Spirit

Gamezebo review:

"Save Our Sprit isn't a dud, but for all that it has going for it, its aforementioned shortcomings have the tendency to frustrate the gamer. This isn't a good thing. Perhaps if you play the free 60-minute demo you can judge for yourself whether this spirited game is worth saving."

Pros: Very challenging HOG. Diverse mini-games. Relatively long game-play. Impressive artwork and journal entries. Enjoyable music.

Cons: Many objects hidden too well. Sometimes more than one object on screen that fits description. Some confusing object names. Only one game mode. Spelling mistakes.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars; Average player rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Save Our Spirit

Chocolatier: Decadence By Design - third in the popular business sim series.

Click here for Chocolatier: Decadence By Design

bread's done
Back