BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that have the game is the PS3 pad getting the job done?
I have a Saturn pad, so I'm wondering if I should go with that instead or does BB not play well with the Saturn pad due to button layout?

I went in to GS anyway to ask about it. The guy started telling me some business about how the art book was a PDF or something. :bs: I looked pretty hard when I was ordering and never saw anything about in-store pickup invalidating the art book bonus.

I went ahead and canned that preorder and KOFXII, and ordered from Amazon instead. I figured if I'm not going to get the art book one way or another, I may as well save $10 or so. It seems all the really cool people at that GS have officially moved on to greener pastures so I have no problems writing that location off once and for all.

Glad to see so many people supporting Aksys. Guilty Gear, while great, always had a small niche audience. Hopefully with BB, they will expand the audience into the mainstream.

That or any type of fighting game released is taking off this year. Fighting genre comeback anyone?

[quote name='0x15e']I went in to GS anyway to ask about it. The guy started telling me some business about how the art book was a PDF or something. :bs: I looked pretty hard when I was ordering and never saw anything about in-store pickup invalidating the art book bonus.

I went ahead and canned that preorder and KOFXII, and ordered from Amazon instead. I figured if I'm not going to get the art book one way or another, I may as well save $10 or so. It seems all the really cool people at that GS have officially moved on to greener pastures so I have no problems writing that location off once and for all.[/QUOTE]
YOU ONLY GET THE ART BOOK IF YOU ORDERED ONLINE!!

I'm so sick of hearing people bitch when it specifically said the art book was for online orders only on Gamestop's website.

[quote name='burndtjamb']Where does Amazon typically ship from? Is their free shipping via UPS? I currently have my order for BlazBlue LE + an Akuma Fightpad with 1-day shipping. If their free shipping is through UPS and they ship it from say, Pennsylvania or some other state close to New Jersey I'd probably get it the next day.[/QUOTE]

My order was shipped from Kentucky.

[quote name='Lupin_IV']My order was shipped from Kentucky.[/QUOTE]

Was this for BlazBlue or a different order? Also, which courier did they use?

Holy crap, I just checked my tracking info and they shipped my order overnight! Damn thing arrived here a couple hours ago, so I'm a little too late to pick it up at my receiving area at work, but hot damn looks like I can play the game before the long weekend even hits!

Considering I didn't request any special shipping options either upon placing the order nor afterwards, and I'm in Hawaii, I'm incredibly impressed and happy--thanks GS.com!!

[quote name='Pootie Thang']I think I am no longer into fighting games or something. I got my copy today and after 15 minutes it's already up for $50 on Craigslist. UGH.[/QUOTE]
Wow.

How do you get in matches? Anyone else playing on live? I'm trying to play a verses and get stuck spectating lol

Do you have to watch other people's matches?

Picked up a copy for the 360 at the Mayfield, OH Gamestop, across from Golden Gate. No preorder, just walked in and bought a copy - no art book, but don't really care as I just wanted the game.

I usually haven't had great experiences with Gamestop, but the manager there seemed pretty cool.

They still had a copy for the 360 and a couple PS3 copies for anyone in the area looking for one.

[quote name='DaMonStEr']How do you get in matches? Anyone else playing on live? I'm trying to play a verses and get stuck spectating lol

Do you have to watch other people's matches?[/QUOTE]

For ranked you can do quick match or custom. With player matches you enter the lobby and you might have to watch a match or two before it's your turn. Anyway, online is great so far on Live. I've played about 15 matches with no sign of lag other than in the very beginning before the fight even starts.

[quote name='Killbomb']For ranked you can do quick match or custom. With player matches you enter the lobby and you might have to watch a match or two before it's your turn. Anyway, online is great so far on Live. I've played about 15 matches with no sign of lag other than in the very beginning before the fight even starts.[/QUOTE]

Yea thanks for the help. I started doing custom matches and everything has been working great. Like you said no lag issues at all thus far and the BlazBlue community seems to be super active on Live

i went into my local GS today and they said that they were sold out of the 360 version. they didnt undestand why though. they didnt think that the game was that popular i guess. also, while i was there for only about 15 minutes, 3 different people asked for the game. all wanted the 360 version. guess that will learn them.
EDIT: mine also shipped on the 29th with the art book. should receive it by thursday according to UPS tracker.

[quote name='DaMonStEr']Thanks man. I'm guessing you got the game too? How are you liking it so far?[/QUOTE]

I'm the master and creator of the thread, so yes of course! :D

Unfortunately, I have not played it yet because I'm still waiting for my shipment from GameStop (which should be arriving today in the afternoon). You can add me on PSN if you got the PS3 version, and we could spar online. Warning: I'm terribad at fighting games.

In case anyone is wondering how to set up the buttons on your te or se stick its:
Top 3 buttons-ABC
Bottom button all the way to the left is D. The rest are taunts and special move hot keys but those aren't necessary.

Soundtrack is awesome. The DVD that explains the moves and combos is hands down a must. I watch it as I am in training and it has helped so much since I play with Noel.

I gotta ask this as an outsider to fighting games. Is this game a good starter game to see if I like the gameplay still, or should I look at other games to test the waters with.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I gotta ask this as an outsider to fighting games. Is this game a good starter game to see if I like the gameplay still, or should I look at other games to test the waters with.[/QUOTE]
People are saying this game is similar to Guilty Gear in the way that its easy to get into but hard to master.

[quote name='dualedge2']Amazon's BlazBlue game page has an update and this is probably why it's still unchanged:

In stock on July 2, 2009.

http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Calamity-Trigger-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B001W6JFM0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1246403712&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Cala..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1246403712&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

sigh xbox now says july 3rd expect ship date of july 6th. I might break down and buy it from GS so i can play it for the long weekend now. lose money on ECA discount and no tax though. bleh.

my amazon ps3 order also said expected delivery on 7/6
guess won't be playing it over the long weekend but it's cool since i am away anyways

[quote name='s2k']In case anyone is wondering how to set up the buttons on your te or se stick its:
Top 3 buttons-ABC
Bottom button all the way to the left is D. The rest are taunts and special move hot keys but those aren't necessary.[/QUOTE]

:bouncy:....thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

no you would not get the art book. It is all gone. Plus you really are not missing much. I am not that impressed with the artbook. Noel is my favorite in the game so her being on the artbook cover is cool.

[quote name='burndtjamb']Was this for BlazBlue or a different order? Also, which courier did they use?[/QUOTE]
BlazBlue and UPS.

[quote name='Dogmeat26']sigh xbox now says july 3rd expect ship date of july 6th. I might break down and buy it from GS so i can play it for the long weekend now. lose money on ECA discount and no tax though. bleh.[/QUOTE]
Sigh, what's going on Amazon? Guess it's time to send them a letter seeing what's up...

[quote name='perdition(troy']I gotta ask this as an outsider to fighting games. Is this game a good starter game to see if I like the gameplay still, or should I look at other games to test the waters with.[/QUOTE]

I had my girlfriend play this with me (who doesn't play too many games with me beside the occasional fighter) and she greatly enjoyed it. She has never played any of the Guilty Gears before and she said that were it not $60 she would go and buy it herself because she enjoyed it so much.

So if you never have played fighting games before I am not as sure because even my gf has, but I enjoy it so much that I would say get it, as someone else had said, it is a game that is easy to pick up and play, yet if you want to master it, quite some time must be invested into it.

I would definately start with SF IV, maybe SC IV before trying this. This is a hardcore fighting game, while SF/SC have both casual/hardcore fans. If you want to go even cheaper, try DOA 4 (does it still have a Live audience?) or Marvel vs. Capcom 2 when it comes out on Live/PSN for $15.

Tekken 6 in October would be a better starting ground than this if you're wanting a new game to start playing fighting games.

It's fairly easy to just jump in and learn the basic moves. As long as you play against people around your skill level, you will have fun. Playing against experts is another story but I guess that's true with any fighting game. I've got over a 50% win ratio on Live so far and I just started playing BB yesterday and rarely played GG so there are a bunch of people online still learning the game.

I totally agree about the soundtrack. I love most of what I've heard in-game and will probably listen to the whole thing on my i-Pod at the gym later. :D

[quote name='Distrato']YOU ONLY GET THE ART BOOK IF YOU ORDERED ONLINE!!

I'm so sick of hearing people bitch when it specifically said the art book was for online orders only on Gamestop's website.[/QUOTE]I DID ORDER ONLINE. It never said I couldn't get it shipped to the store instead of my house. That's where the problem is.

[quote name='s2k']In case anyone is wondering how to set up the buttons on your te or se stick its:
Top 3 buttons-ABC
Bottom button all the way to the left is D. The rest are taunts and special move hot keys but those aren't necessary.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='danny8k']:bouncy:....thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.[/QUOTE]

I believe the real default is this....

B C D
A

It will look weird if you go in to training mode and turn on Key Commands with any other configuration. I did start with the previously suggested config but am now used to it this way. Its actually easier to throw, ABC, and especially use CD this way. Some characters like Rachel will use CD attacks.

Ok, I received a reply from Amazon already.

Apparently they just started receiving their allotted copies of the game either really late last night or this morning. So they've been matching up orders to get them out. The CS rep said that they'd start shipping today (I think he meant to say July 2, but typoed July 1 imo, especially since the item page still says July 3rd is when its in stock).

Anyway, he saw that there was a delay between release day and the game even starting to ship, could not upgrade me to overnight shipping since they are already too close to shipping them out (if they indeed go out today, but I haven't been charged yet, still pending), but was able to refund my 2-day shipping costs. So they will be out on the trucks within 24 hours I guess.

I noticed that NCSX said that they only got their copies today (or very late yesterday) and are shipping them today. I wondering if there was a snafu somewhere in the shipping process for everyone besides Gamestop.

[quote name='miniMacGuru']I noticed that NCSX said that they only got their copies today (or very late yesterday) and are shipping them today. I wondering if there was a snafu somewhere in the shipping process for everyone besides Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
Seems likely at this point.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I gotta ask this as an outsider to fighting games. Is this game a good starter game to see if I like the gameplay still, or should I look at other games to test the waters with.[/QUOTE]Hehe, you're not the only one. Hopefully I can invest enough time in this to be decent enough to at least have a fighting chance with friends. xD

[quote name='0x15e']I DID ORDER ONLINE. It never said I couldn't get it shipped to the store instead of my house. That's where the problem is.[/QUOTE]

Shipping to store is not considered an online order, since gamestop.com said they would not be shipping the artbooks to store.

Which is why after I read that on the website, I switched my order from in-store pickup to ship to my address. So now I have the artbook, and I used a free shipping code and didn't even pay for shipping.

[quote name='miniMacGuru']I noticed that NCSX said that they only got their copies today (or very late yesterday) and are shipping them today. I wondering if there was a snafu somewhere in the shipping process for everyone besides Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Likely Gamestop just got their batch earliest because the distributor didn't want to sit on the artbooks. The overall flow seems normal. Wednesday's and Thursday's for most stores.

Got mine from GS.com today, preordered in April. Artbook and CE PS3 version are mint. I also got it for $49.99 shipped as I had a $10 coupon from the screwup they had from a long time ago with the 5 off $60 code.

Just got my game from GameStop, the box came in a good condition. The picture of the product is included below. I can't wait to start playing. :D
ninjaedit: I ordered mine on 05/07/09, that's when GameStop put the art book offer again for the second time after they took it down.

DSC00173.jpg

[quote name='0x15e']I went in to GS anyway to ask about it. The guy started telling me some business about how the art book was a PDF or something.[/QUOTE]

weird, the employee at my local GameStop told me the same bit of misinformation yesterday. D-D-D-Digital artbook...! lol

bread's done
Back