Blockbuster & Movie Galley to merge?

There would go another place to rent things. I refuse to rent anything from Ballbuster, mostly because I'm not paying 4 or more bucks for a movie on DVD that came out 10 or so years ago. I do all my renting at Hollywood Video, at least their catalog rentals are still a 2.50. Plus it also helps that I've been using that rent one get one free coupon from xbox diamond card thingy lol

Then Blockbuste will rule them all. I can't believe that Movie Gallery bought Hollywood to go within a year to merging with Blockbuster. It already isn't that much competition in the video renting industry if this happens they will own most of the industry. I wonder if the SEC will allow this to go through if they even decided to do it?

It's been tossed around before that the 2 companies might merge. I work for GameCrazy as a Store Director and would hate to join Blockbuster. My feeling is that Blockbuster might just be trying develop their games more which would include taking over Gamecrazy. Hmmm... hard to tell what might happen with that.

Blockbuster tried to buy Hollywood about a year ago and Movie Gallery came in instead and now they are together with hollywood video. Considering Movie Gallery cock-blocked Blockbuster before, I don't think they'd easily let Blockbuster consume them.

bread's done
Back