Buy God of War Collection, Get $5 Off God of War III + $10 Gaming Credit at Amazon

orangbulu

CAG Veteran
[IMG-R=5838]11714[/IMG-R]Buy the God of War Collection and get a $5 credit good towards God of War III (standard edition). God of War III comes with a $10 Amazon gaming credit. $5 credit will be automatically placed into your Amazon account within two business days after your GOW Collection ships.

:ps3: God of War Collection / God of War III Offer

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flix1']Picked this up at Best Buy with a GoWIII $5 pre-order for a total of $24.99 + tax ...

$29.99 - $10 off with pre-order of GoWIII = $19.99 + $5 GoWIII pre-order

Personally, I think this is a better deal, as you realize the $10 savings now, rather than on a future purchase, though you do have to pay tax ... though I guess with the Amazon deal, you are really getting $15 vs just $10 at BB.

It was stated that you might be able to return the $5 pre-order and get your money back, essentially making the GoW Collection $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy: GOW Collection ($20) + GOW3 ($60) + tax (~$7) = $87

Amazon: GOW Collection ($30) + GOW3 ($52) + $10 credit = $82 (w/$10 credit)

[quote name='Ocajavati']That ^

You can choose to believe otherwise, but it is what it is.[/QUOTE]
I was making sure. Thanks, anyway.

[quote name='flix1']Picked this up at Best Buy with a GoWIII $5 pre-order for a total of $24.99 + tax ...

$29.99 - $10 off with pre-order of GoWIII = $19.99 + $5 GoWIII pre-order

Personally, I think this is a better deal, as you realize the $10 savings now, rather than on a future purchase, though you do have to pay tax ... though I guess with the Amazon deal, you are really getting $15 vs just $10 at BB.

It was stated that you might be able to return the $5 pre-order and get your money back, essentially making the GoW Collection $19.99.[/QUOTE]

If there's any doubt of returning and getting your deposit back just go through and get GOW III with the credit and then turn around and return the full game. At that point they won't worry about the intial coupon you used.

[quote name='dino88']Best Buy: GOW Collection ($20) + GOW3 ($60) + tax (~$7) = $87

Amazon: GOW Collection ($30) + GOW3 ($52) + $10 credit = $82 (w/$10 credit)[/QUOTE]
True ... in the long run, Amazon is a better deal IF you really intend to purchase GoW3 on release day at (or near) full price.

Me, I'm a cheap ass gamer ... I never pay full price. I rarely pay more than $40 for a game, and even then it has to be a stellar game for me to drop $40 on it. My average game price is around $20, in a PS3 collection of almost 120.

So, in the short term, it is GoW collection for $20/$25 from BB (if you assume that I'm not actually going to pick up GoW3) or $30 from Amazon.

So the God of War collection dropped to $30 everywhere. If you buy it from amazon you get free shipping plus a voucher for $5 off God of War III plus if you preorder God of War 3 you get $10 off a future game purchase.

Having already played GoW1&2 I wasn't about to pay $40 for another copy. The price drop and the extra incentives were enough for me to drop some cash on 'em.

Link

Order God of War: Collection and get a $5 credit towards the purchase of the standard edition of God of War III. Promotional code will be automatically placed into your Amazon.com account within two business days after your order ships. Offer valid between 3:00 pm January 29, 2010 and 11:59 pm March 15, 2010 Pacific time, when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Thanks. I have to wait a couple days for my $5 coupon, I'm guessing the $10 offer for GoW3 will be valid until then (probably the next few weeks).

Almost a week? try 2 days. That other thread was started on the 29th. If it had been almost a week I wouldn't have gotten screwed. I ordered on the 25th and missed out on this awesome deal.

To the person b****ing about buying it 3 weeks ago. I got better for ya. I bought on the 26th. THREE DAYS! before this sale started. I'm probably screwed,

But does anyone have any experience or knowledge about attempting to get some sort of a discount?

[quote name='flix1']True ... in the long run, Amazon is a better deal IF you really intend to purchase GoW3 on release day at (or near) full price.

Me, I'm a cheap ass gamer ... I never pay full price. I rarely pay more than $40 for a game, and even then it has to be a stellar game for me to drop $40 on it. My average game price is around $20, in a PS3 collection of almost 120.

So, in the short term, it is GoW collection for $20/$25 from BB (if you assume that I'm not actually going to pick up GoW3) or $30 from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Logic fail?

"IF you really intend to purchase GoW3 on release day at (or near) full price. Me, I'm a cheap ass gamer ... I never pay full price"

Also from flix1:
"Picked this up at Best Buy with a GoWIII $5 pre-order"

Are you not picking it up at full price then? You're just going to hold on to your pre-order until GoW3 goes down in price? I don't understand.

[quote name='SX0T']To the person b****ing about buying it 3 weeks ago. I got better for ya. I bought on the 26th. THREE DAYS! before this sale started. I'm probably screwed,

But does anyone have any experience or knowledge about attempting to get some sort of a discount?[/QUOTE]
I bought it for $37 three days before it dropped to $30 the first time (like 2 weeks ago). I immediately emailed amazon but they refused a refund (see post: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6786404&postcount=40).

You should still email them and see if you get lucky with a different rep.

Grrrr...this is a good deal...and I should have anticipated a price drop. I ended up pre-ordering GOW 3 at BB when they started offering the $10 off GOW collection deal and the collection was still $40...wish I had waited now...ah well...

Well, I emailed an amazon rep and got a 5 dollar discount applied to my account. While it isn't the pure awesomeness that is this FULL deal, at least I got something out of it. I just wish I wouldn't have missed this awesome deal by 3 DAYS!!! I literally ordered on the 26th, got my game on the 29th....and then a few hours later saw this deal pop up. Sucks to be me I guess, but at least they gave me somethin!

[quote name='SX0T']Well, I emailed an amazon rep and got a 5 dollar discount applied to my account. While it isn't the pure awesomeness that is this FULL deal, at least I got something out of it. I just wish I wouldn't have missed this awesome deal by 3 DAYS!!! I literally ordered on the 26th, got my game on the 29th....and then a few hours later saw this deal pop up. Sucks to be me I guess, but at least they gave me somethin![/QUOTE]

offtopic but is your sig from a real message?

[quote name='HiFiSmith']Logic fail?

"IF you really intend to purchase GoW3 on release day at (or near) full price. Me, I'm a cheap ass gamer ... I never pay full price"

Also from flix1:
"Picked this up at Best Buy with a GoWIII $5 pre-order"

Are you not picking it up at full price then? You're just going to hold on to your pre-order until GoW3 goes down in price? I don't understand.[/QUOTE]
The way I see it, I paid $26.xx including tax for the GoW collection (I'll likely throw out the pre-order and pick up GoW3 once it is on sale or has a price drop), and anyone picking it up from Amazon paid $29.99.

In order to benefit from the $10 off a future gaming order, you will likely need to spend more money, ultimately saving money on the NEXT game, but not this one.

If for some reason, I was able to return the pre-order and get my $5 back, I could theoretically get the game from Best Buy for $19.99 + tax.

[quote name='exRounder']offtopic but is your sig from a real message?[/QUOTE]

It is from a real message, but not to me. I don't remember what member here it was with, but during that whole ECA debacle that was going on, someone from the boards had contacted him through Facebook with a message and that was his response. Pretty hilarious though.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I bought the GoW collection 4 weeks ago for 29.99 from Amazon. I am going to write an email about getting $5 off of my GoW3 preorder. fucking rediculous.[/QUOTE]

why is it so damn hard for the internet to spell RIDICULOUS correctly?:roll:

and you bought it a full month ago. cry moar.

Does God of War feel like one of those games that'll drop in price within the one or two month of the release?

Not to me, but... seeking second opinion.

[quote name='Ocajavati']Does God of War feel like one of those games that'll drop in price within the one or two month of the release?

Not to me, but... seeking second opinion.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it if it's anything like Uncharted 2. Uncharted only dropped for Black Friday and hasn't been under $55-60 since.

[quote name='Ocajavati']Does God of War feel like one of those games that'll drop in price within the one or two month of the release?

Not to me, but... seeking second opinion.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't.

[quote name='flix1']In order to benefit from the $10 off a future gaming order, you will likely need to spend more money, ultimately saving money on the NEXT game, but not this one.[/QUOTE]

Your point? $10 is $10. Yes, I have to spend more money, but it is money I was already going to spend anyway, and it's a cascading effect since I'll be getting $10 credit for Alan Wake, BioShock 2, Dante's Inferno (depends on the reviews), Final Fantasy XIII, and Red Dead Redemption. Plus, all with free release-date shipping and priced from $53-$57.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I bought the GoW collection 4 weeks ago for 29.99 from Amazon. I am going to write an email about getting $5 off of my GoW3 preorder. fucking rediculous.[/QUOTE]
I just emailed Amazon about this same situation. I ordered GoW Collection on Dec. 31. They replied that although I shouldn't qualify for this promotion since the purchase was made prior to the promotional sale window, they are still going to give me the $5 credit. Yay!

I think it is just luck of the draw on who you get as a customer rep. I got denied a price adjustment 3 days after the price dropped, but then got a promotional discount a month after purchase.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']why is it so damn hard for the internet to spell RIDICULOUS correctly?:roll:

and you bought it a full month ago. cry moar.[/QUOTE]I know it's trendy to spell it as "moar," but it just looks awkward when you're also being critical of a misspelling in the very same post.

[quote name='lilman']I just emailed Amazon about this same situation. I ordered GoW Collection on Dec. 31. They replied that although I shouldn't qualify for this promotion since the purchase was made prior to the promotional sale window, they are still going to give me the $5 credit. Yay!

I think it is just luck of the draw on who you get as a customer rep. I got denied a price adjustment 3 days after the price dropped, but then got a promotional discount a month after purchase.[/QUOTE]

Which dept did you contact? I was rejected on my first attempt.

For me it came down to spending an extra $25 on the collector's goodies, or grabbing the collection... I think Cheapy is right, I don't need that box gathering dust on my shelf.

On a somewhat related note, Amazon already sent me the preorder bonus for the Collector's edition I had preordered (which I am now going to cancel), which means I will probably end up with 2x Apollo skin codes... Anyone looking for a trade perhaps?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Which dept did you contact? I was rejected on my first attempt.[/QUOTE]
I didn't contact any dept in particular. I just went to Help -> Contact Us -> Orders -> found my GoW Collection order -> emailed if I could get the $5 discount applied to a future GoW III preorder. They replied with an email that included a link where I could send the order # of my GoW III preorder so that they could apply the $5 discount.

SUCCESS!

Hello,

Thanks for writing in about the Gods of War Collection and Gods of War III
promotions. In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a
qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last.
We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the
dates of the promotional offer.

As a one-time exception, I'd like to give you a $5 promotional certificate,
which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by
Amazon.com.

After all, I bought it for the same 29.99 price point- AND I am buying the Ultimate Edition from them. I may cancel the Ultimate Edition, and redo the order to use the $5 off on that. I have to see if the price rose or anything to that effect.

I emailed Customer Service since I bought GOW 3 days before the promotion started. Here's hoping that I get the coupon.

[quote name='Phaethon360']Ah, I just bought this 3 days ago.[/QUOTE]

I feel you bro. And for me they shipped it yesterday so I can't cancel it.
Just emailed customer service asking for the credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
GOW III will hold value for awhile it's a Sony exclusive they take forever to drop in price.

That said I still have not beat one or two so I can wait a few years for a price drop.

I bought the Collection back in October and already had GOW 3 pre ordered. I emailed amazon about the current promo and they took 5 bucks off of GOW 3 for me to drop it down to $51. Their customer service by far is the best.

I cant believe that anybody would ever write an angry letter to customer service at Amazon.

They emailed me back about purchasing the game 3 days before the promotion and they applied a $5 promotional credit on my account. Funny thing is I can use it on any game including GOW 3. Now I am debating if I want to pick it up at TRU(which I have $35 in gift cards) or Amazon, which I will have $10 in credit but will get $10 back from buying it.

[quote name='wildcpac']I bought the Collection back in October and already had GOW 3 pre ordered. I emailed amazon about the current promo and they took 5 bucks off of GOW 3 for me to drop it down to $51. Their customer service by far is the best.

I cant believe that anybody would ever write an angry letter to customer service at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

You know, I wasn't going to try since I ordered the Collection at the beginning of January, and the $5 credit doesn't apply to the Ultimate Edition, but hell, if they're letting Oct orders in on the goodness I might as well try.

[quote name='Ardrid']You know, I wasn't going to try since I ordered the Collection at the beginning of January, and the $5 credit doesn't apply to the Ultimate Edition, but hell, if they're letting Oct orders in on the goodness I might as well try.[/QUOTE]
Let us know how it goes.

I also preordered the UE too.

[quote name='eau']Let us know how it goes.

I also preordered the UE too.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Amazon is king. Just credited me $5 for any purchase. Applying that to my UE pre-order! :)

Amazing is awesome. It took me two e-mails (the second being a reply because the first rep thought I actually had a claim code for the $5 credit), but they gave me $5 credit for my next purchase. They "made an exception" and I am extremely pleased with the result, especially when I told them that I ordered the God of War Collection last November.

Either way, A+ to Amazon. Examples of good customer service like this are reason enough why I mostly do my game shopping on their site, even when I have to pay tax being in NY.

So anyone that is in a similar situation, give it a shot and e-mail them. Just remember to be kind.

[quote name='boatboy1']So I take it that the $10.00 credit is gone?[/QUOTE]

No, it's still there. Don't let the title fool you. You don't get the $10 credit for buying the God of War Collection. You get it for buying God of War 3.

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Pre-order the standard edition of God of War III and get $10 off a future video game purchase, as well as access to the E3 2009 demo, and an in-game Apollo Skin. This exclusive in-game skin unlocks AFTER you've completely played through the full retail version of God of War III at least once. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Access codes will be e-mailed within 10 business days after you place your order. Promotion valid on all existing pre-orders. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

As an FYI for those interested, Amazon is no longer selling the God of War 3 Ultimate Edition. Whether this is a temporary shortage or not I don't know, but Amazon is no longer listed as a seller.

[quote name='dubleo']When does the 5$ dollar credit itself expire?[/QUOTE]

Presumably when God of War 3 ships. I would assume the email telling you the promotion has been credited to your account will have the expiration date.

Thanks OP!. Received the promotion email for GOWIII really quick. The $5 promotion expires on April 30 2010.

so i bought the god of war collection off amazon and came in on saturday. well, actually it didnt come in.

white knight chronicles did. this is only like the second time ive had a problem with amazon and i know their customer service will take care of it so im not really mad.

anyways, im debating whether i should play it, contact amazon and exchange it, or sell it and buy gow:c again and use whatevers left on a different game.

help me out cag!

[quote name='blackwaltz34']so i bought the god of war collection off amazon and came in on saturday. well, actually it didnt come in.

white knight chronicles did. this is only like the second time ive had a problem with amazon and i know their customer service will take care of it so im not really mad.

anyways, im debating whether i should play it, contact amazon and exchange it, or sell it and buy gow:c again and use whatevers left on a different game.

help me out cag![/QUOTE]
So they shipped you a $60 game for only $30. Not too bad if you remotely want that game :)

Usually they don't care since shipping you a new one plus return shipping cost them enough money anyhow.

bread's done
Back