Buzz Quiz World (game only) $19.99 at Best Buy online/B&M

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
The new PS3 Buzz game (game only version) that came out in Nov. is available game only for $19.99 at Best Buy stores and bestbuy.com. Great deal if you already have a set of buzzers from Buzz Quiz TV or the wired Buzz buzzers from the PS2 games.

Also note that the PS3 Buzz DLC works with either Quiz TV or Quiz World.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Buzz:+Q...1218127626309&skuId=9574481&st=buzz&lp=1&cp=1

Edit: Some posters are able to get the Quiz World bundle in-store for $40, or even $20 because of incorrect pricing labels, but this is YMMV as the Quiz World bundle is not sold online at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the head's up. Did an in-store pickup with the local store that was still showing as having more than 2 in-store.

Man, if this price was the buzzer bundle version, then I'd pick it up. Of the 4 buzzers I own, only 3 work. Quite the dilemma as I can't find any place that sells just buzzers and I tend to have 3 other friends over at a time that want to play this game!

If you don't mind the wired PS2 version buzzers, you might still be able to find a few sets at Gamestop used in the accessories section for about $2.99

Picked one up, thanks! Loved Buzz Quiz TV, had 8 controllers, so picking up the game-only version of the game was a no brainer. Especially since 4 people can play online now (instead of "one couch" playing online).

I actually bought Buzz Quiz World WITH the buzzers boxset from Best Buy for $20... because they just had the box and not the game disc itself for sale.

I was just lucky and they had a box sitting underneath the tag for $20, and that was all they had, no stand alone discs. So when I went to check out I brought the cashier back to where it was located and said "See it's $20". He was like okay, and did a price over ride and the got the game and the buzzers for $20. I didn't realize later that they sold this game as an actual DISC version without the buzzers... I really thought that I was just getting a good deal on the whole package.

Wondering whether to buy this and return the bundle with the wireless buzzers I got for $40. Already have a set of PS2 wired buzzers.
Do the wireless buzzers work well? Are they worth $5 each?
Does the game support more than 4 people, and could I use both the wired and wireless buzzers for 8 people total?

[quote name='gantt']Wondering whether to buy this and return the bundle with the wireless buzzers I got for $40. Already have a set of PS2 wired buzzers.
Do the wireless buzzers work well? Are they worth $5 each?
Does the game support more than 4 people, and could I use both the wired and wireless buzzers for 8 people total?[/QUOTE]

Quiz World supports up to 8 players both locally and online. I wish I could find another Buzz Quiz World bundle for under $20 so I could get another set of wireless buzzers.

Gamestop does sell them if someone traded them in, but they categorize them as a random accessory and can't track them in their system so it's literally luck of the draw if your store has them used. I actually checked the Gamestop in the mall attached to the convention center @ PAX East to see if my luck changed in a different time zone. ;)

My Best Buy had the disc only on manager clearance for $19.99 just after the holidays ... picked it up then.

I already have 2 Buzz Quiz TV bundles (8 controllers) thanks to clearances at Sears and TRU. I had also have extra wired controllers with PS2 game bundle clearances at TRU, in case the wireless ones ever crap out.

[quote name='TheBomb69']I can't even find the buzzers separately. Where are they? 5 dollars each?[/QUOTE]

My reference to $5 each was based on the bundle price ($40 @ BB) less the game-only price ($20 @ BB) = $20 extra for 4 controllers.

I must give kudos to both Best Buy and Newegg for providing great deals on these games. I'm Buzzed!

[quote name='MSUHitman']
Gamestop does sell them if someone traded them in, but they categorize them as a random accessory and can't track them in their system so it's literally luck of the draw if your store has them used. [/QUOTE]

I was lucky enough to find some at the very last GameStop in the area. $5 total for all 4 wireless buzzers. If you're looking for them you just have to call and ask them to look for them. Mine came in a large plastic bag with no bar code on them.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Gamestop does sell them if someone traded them in, but they categorize them as a random accessory and can't track them in their system so it's literally luck of the draw if your store has them used. I actually checked the Gamestop in the mall attached to the convention center @ PAX East to see if my luck changed in a different time zone. ;)[/QUOTE]

They actually do have a code for them in their system because I was hunting for another set of buzzers and they were able to tell me which store had some in stock. Perhaps they could be classified as "random accessories" if the clerk at the store is too lazy or doesn't know what they're doing, but I think it's hardly a coincidence that my store was able to look up and find a nearby store that actually had wireless buzzers in stock.

For those looking, just try asking the clerk to look them up in the system and you may luck out. Pretty sweet deal if you can find them because I think mine came out to $5 or so after tax. ;)

I noticed that the Quiz World set WITH the buzzers had dropped to $39.99 too, so if you are looking for buzzers, you can get them for $20 by buying the set.

[quote name='flix1']I noticed that the Quiz World set WITH the buzzers had dropped to $39.99 too, so if you are looking for buzzers, you can get them for $20 by buying the set.[/QUOTE]

Where at? Bestbuy.com is listing that bundle for 59.99... I missed out on the deal they had for 39.99 a few weeks ago.

[quote name='A4play']Where at? Bestbuy.com is listing that bundle for 59.99... I missed out on the deal they had for 39.99 a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

It's in-store only for now I believe. I also saw a $39.99 price tag on the Buzz Quiz World bundle when I purchased the game only version on Sunday.

[quote name='knightsdwn']It's in-store only for now I believe. I also saw a $39.99 price tag on the Buzz Quiz World bundle when I purchased the game only version on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! Online tracking shows all the stores in my area as out of stock :cry:

Here is the Gamestop SKU

900755 PS3 BUZZ Cont (4 Req)

I paid $5 for a set used as well, $4.50 after EDGE. I also picked up a Quiz TV bundle for $30 at Gamestop. The game is still sealed. Picked it up, cuz I thought I wouldn't get a better deal, but I've seen the bundle at plenty of other stores now. Should've waited for a B2G1 free.

[quote name='flix1']I noticed that the Quiz World set WITH the buzzers had dropped to $39.99 too, so if you are looking for buzzers, you can get them for $20 by buying the set.[/QUOTE]

Not much gets by you, eh? :applause:

[quote name='gantt']My reference to $5 each was based on the bundle price ($40 @ BB) less the game-only price ($20 @ BB) = $20 extra for 4 controllers.[/QUOTE]

My store still has a 39.99 tag w/ a 50% off sticker on it... wonder if it will ring up 19.99 and they still give me that 50% off :)

For those of you who got the buzzers at Gamestop, did it come with its own receiver? Or will it work with my existing one?

[quote name='TheHelix']For those of you who got the buzzers at Gamestop, did it come with its own receiver? Or will it work with my existing one?[/QUOTE]

each set of 4 buzzers are unique to their receiver. So no receiver works with any other pair of buzzers and vice versa

[quote name='TheHelix']So do they come with a receiver then?[/QUOTE]

they should but make sure to check before you buy them at GameStop

[quote name='lukewin']Here is the Gamestop SKU

900755 PS3 BUZZ Cont (4 Req)

I paid $5 for a set used as well, $4.50 after EDGE. I also picked up a Quiz TV bundle for $30 at Gamestop. The game is still sealed. Picked it up, cuz I thought I wouldn't get a better deal, but I've seen the bundle at plenty of other stores now. Should've waited for a B2G1 free.[/QUOTE]

how can you use the SKU to check store availability online? I remember there used to be a way but I don't remember it

I also saw the bundle in store tonight for 39.99. I thought to myself, wow that seems like a good deal there...but didn't pick it up. Might still just because I'm going to visit friends back home and could use something fun like that.

I thought Quiz World was a step down from Quiz TV. They actually REMOVED several features and made it so that you can't skip some of Buzz's rambling. Still, a lot of fun despite the changes for the worse, and worth picking up for that price if you enjoy trivia games.

If anyone wants to play or boost online for this, add me on PSN.

is this better than the last buzz for ps3? my wife and I found that we much preferred scene it bos on xbox to the last buzz.

[quote name='buckythekat']how can you use the SKU to check store availability online? I remember there used to be a way but I don't remember it[/QUOTE]

Is that true? If so, then props to those who know/figure it out. But why not just call the store now that the SKU is known? Do people really hate calling the store that much?

During a party with other adult couples at our house this past weekend, for at least the 5th time someone asked "Do they have this for the Wii?" after playing Buzz.

The Wii is stupid, people! Buy a PS3 for social gaming! :)

(Just kidding. Buy both.)

Yeah I didn't mean to come off lazy about the buzzers. I just figured I'd ask the CAG community first before calling Lamestop.

[quote name='ctrek3']is this better than the last buzz for ps3? my wife and I found that we much preferred scene it bos on xbox to the last buzz.[/QUOTE]

I kind of answered that in the post right above yours. I personally found Quiz TV a better overall game than Quiz World due to the removal of certain features.

I like Scene It as well, but the questions on Scene It repeat way too early and often. After about 30 or so games of Scene It, you'll have basically been through almost all the questions. Buzz is actually very good about not repeating questions. To this day, I rarely come across a repeat on Buzz. Scene It is a better overall game in my opinion as well, but the repeated questions leave no replay value after about 40 games.

I find it better than Quiz TV for the fact that you can actually have 8 players either offline or online, voice chat online, and the game is much better paced.

Only thing I don't like is you can't download the mybuzzquiz.com quizzes to play by yourself now, only with multiple people.

bread's done
Back