CAG Arcade Stick Thread II: World Warrior

MarkMan,
Is the Mad Catz, ie Gameshark Store, out of the femme fatale 360 sticks? They were still on the website as available and I placed an order yesterday afternoon and the order is still processing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Amazon has the standard edition Round 1 sticks on sale/clearance right now. 360 version is $50 and PS3 version is $45.

any socal cag here that do mod service? will like to mod my se stick let me know?:cool: plus i just got it and the middle kick button works but the input goes in and out any thing i can do to fix this?

The SE stick is really easy to mod. I'd recommend trying to do it yourself. It's a matter of being patient and following directions.

Just bought a used SFIV TE R1 on Amazon for around 86 bucks with free 2 day shipping. :applause:

Kept going back and worth between it and HRAP and HRAP SA. However, it seems the TE R1 is better than the HRAP so went with TE.

MarkMan how can I get one of those sick ass keychains you got without going to CES?
That thing is fucking awesome, sucks I live in Vegas but won't be able to go unless admission is free or something.

[quote name='MarkMan']Are you going to the Super Street Fighter IV event on Thursday?

It's free, check out Capcom-Unity here:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2009/12/29/super_street_fighter_iv_las_vegas_fight_club!

If you can make it there, I can give ya one there!

And how did you hear about the keychain?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I can get in there. Isn't it invite only?
I tried sending the message to the Capcom contest when it first went up but no reply yet.
And I saw the keychain on your twitter. I follow your stick news.

Screw the T6 wireless!! It's all about the dual wireless TE for the :ps3: and :360: bitches!!!!! This bad boy has an official sixaxis and 360 wireless controller along with a leo board that common grounds the sixaxis and enables you to dual mod. It only uses 1 battery for both PCBs, the sixaxis battery to be specific since it lasts way longer than the POS 360 rechargable battery. A 4PDT determines what board gets power and what board gets turned on hence the benefit of only 1 battery. Here are some pics.

Completely stock looking (more than meets the eye ;) and down to the rusty screws on the top):

DSC06502.jpg

Inside with all the wires

DSC06497.jpg

Back side where the battery is located

DSC06498.jpg

all finished

DSC06500.jpg

Switch is in the cable storage so that its out of view

DSC06501.jpg

Just got my Qanba FightStick in the mail today, expect a review after I get back into town from CES weekend!

Here are some pics!

4247254930_a5a26d050b_b.jpg

4247253734_0a21a80f35_b.jpg

4246477421_b4effc5459_b.jpg

4246478693_4879eee874_b.jpg

If there are any questions, post up!

No new info on the TvC stick yet. Damn! I just want to know if I can order Sanwa parts for it now so that I can mod it day one. Is that so much to ask?

[quote name='anubis20']Screw the T6 wireless!! It's all about the dual wireless TE for the :ps3: and :360: bitches!!!!! This bad boy has an official sixaxis and 360 wireless controller along with a leo board that common grounds the sixaxis and enables you to dual mod. It only uses 1 battery for both PCBs, the sixaxis battery to be specific since it lasts way longer than the POS 360 rechargable battery. A 4PDT determines what board gets power and what board gets turned on hence the benefit of only 1 battery.

[/QUOTE]

This originally is a :ps3: stick correct?

[quote name='nil']No new info on the TvC stick yet. Damn! I just want to know if I can order Sanwa parts for it now so that I can mod it day one. Is that so much to ask?[/QUOTE]

Yea you can mod it.

C'mon! You should have been able to tell that with it being one of my projects :p !

[quote name='anubis20']Yeap this particular one was a PS3 stick[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you did this one? I'm getting one from Amazon today and wondered how challenging it was to do a dual mod.

yeap I did it, it started out as a regular ps3 stick, a while back I did the mod and turned it into a ps3 only wireless stick. This past weekend I went ahead and did the ps3 / 360 dual mod. The mod was labor intensive (alot of soldering) and I didnt really run into any problems until it was time to wire the switch. I also got ambitious and wired the home button of the TE to work as the home button of the sixaxis and 360 controller. Also the LEDs of the TE light up according to what PCB is turned on. I can tell if my sixaxis is turned on by the top row lighting up or if the 360 pcb is turned on if the bottom row lights up.

You can also do a regular wired dual mod, thse are pretty easy if you start out with a 360 TE.

[quote name='anubis20']yeap started out as a regular ps3 stick, a while back I did the mod and turned it into a ps3 only wireless stick. This past weekend I went ahead and did the ps3 / 360 dual mod. The mod was labor intensive (alot of soldeing) and I didnt really run into any problems until it was time to wire the switch. I also got ambitious and wired the home button of the TE to work as the home button of the sixaxis and 360 controller. Also the LEDs of the TE light up according to what PCB is turned on. I can tell if my sixaxis is turned on by the top row lighting up or if the 360 pcb is turned on if the bottom row lights up.

You can also do a regular wired dual mod, thse are pretty easy if you start out with a 360 TE.[/QUOTE]

What about if you start with ps3 TE?

[quote name='MarkMan']Yea you can mod it.

C'mon! You should have been able to tell that with it being one of my projects :p ![/QUOTE]

I figured that but I wanted to be sure before I ordered the stick and buttons. I see the Gameshark store has it in stock.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']What about if you start with ps3 TE?[/QUOTE]

not sure never done it, you gotta find a common ground 360 controller if you want to do it. 360 TE is fairly easy since you can get a cthulhu. The cthulhu is pretty small and fits nicely in a TE. Heres what the inside on my 360 TE looks like compare this pic to the dual wireless modded one.

DSC05535.jpg

[quote name='nil']I figured that but I wanted to be sure before I ordered the stick and buttons. I see the Gameshark store has it in stock.[/QUOTE]

Do me a favor, try out the stock parts first and let me know what you think ;)

I think you'll be surprised!

So... I got this today:

0105001733.jpg

I underestimated how good an SE stick can feel, not so sure how I feel about the buttons yet but I love the feel of the SE stick itself.

[quote name='distgfx']I found God in a box.[/QUOTE]

Best stick this gen imo. If it's your first time with Seimitsu buttons give it some time, I personally love Seimitsu sticks and buttons so much more than Sanwa.

Well I got my ps3 TE R1 today and I think UPS played soccer with the box. The base of the stick has a large dent and if you look at the back you can clearly see it's bowed. I emailed Amazon to see about a replacement.

[quote name='distgfx']So... I got this today:

0105001733.jpg

I underestimated how good an SE stick can feel, not so sure how I feel about the buttons yet but I love the feel of the SE stick itself.[/QUOTE]

I got this today as well! I'm really diggin it. Definitely a way different feel than Sanwa.

[quote name='MarkMan']Do me a favor, try out the stock parts first and let me know what you think ;)

I think you'll be surprised![/QUOTE]

MarkMan vs Sanwa/Seimitsu! Round 1.

I just placed the order using the 10% off coupon for signing up for the mailing list. This is one of the prettiest stick designs I've seen. I will give the stock parts a shot as soon as it arrives. I'll post my thoughts on it once it arrives.

[quote name='LostRoad']Best stick this gen imo. If it's your first time with Seimitsu buttons give it some time, I personally love Seimitsu sticks and buttons so much more than Sanwa.[/QUOTE]

LOL @ quote change

I'm definitely gonna give it some time, it'll be my new PC stick for a while. I still like how sensitive the sanwas are compared to the seimitsus though at the moment. The seimitsu stick itself though, daaaaaaamn is it nice, tighter feel than a sanwa stick which I love.

Has anyone tried modding the Tekken 6 Wireless stick in anyway? I wanna try and mod mine by changing some of the stock parts etc.

New to this and can't really dig up any info on decent mods for the Tekken 6 Fight stick anyway.

@ Megiddo I think Bomber modded one, or I think he did. He might has just ripped one open not 100%, but I am sure he will pop in to say so.

@ Dissy did you go to PC for SF? Seems more and more people are doing that and I am not sure why, might have to pick it up to see the fuss. But yeah SE is way better than a Sanwa for faster game play, it's like night and day with the two. HAPP 360 is suppose to be pretty damn good as well, but I have been lazy and not installed the two I have just yet.

[quote name='LostRoad']@ Dissy did you go to PC for SF? Seems more and more people are doing that and I am not sure why, might have to pick it up to see the fuss. But yeah SE is way better than a Sanwa for faster game play, it's like night and day with the two. HAPP 360 is suppose to be pretty damn good as well, but I have been lazy and not installed the two I have just yet.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm not strictly PC, I just wanted more variety than PSN and picked up SFIV on Steam when it was $20. If you pick it up and want to play, my GFWL tag is the same as my xbox live tag.

[quote name='MarkMan']Are you going to the Super Street Fighter IV event on Thursday?
[/QUOTE]
Still no invite MarkMan. Do you happen to know if they sent them out already? Thursday is just around the corner and I would love to see SSFIV in action.

Well the 360 Round 1 TE's were a lightning deal on Amazon for $90 today. Sold out now, kinda wish I had gotten in on that, but the Femme Fatale stick is awesome looking.

Pleasantly surprised I got #24 of 650 on the Femme Fatale considering they debuted @ PAX.

LostRoad I'm afraid I haven't modded my Tekken 6 stick yet. There's a thread for it over at SRK. Unfortunately you have to get a little creative to fit a real arcade stick inside it as the case's height is slightly too short. Still, it's doable.

[quote name='eastx']LostRoad I'm afraid I haven't modded my Tekken 6 stick yet. There's a thread for it over at SRK. Unfortunately you have to get a little creative to fit a real arcade stick inside it as the case's height is slightly too short. Still, it's doable.[/QUOTE]

LostRoad wasn't asking it was me. :lol:

I have checked out that thread, and it looks like the more you get into it, the more of a mess it is.

I wish I could have gotten a 360 Femme Fatale Stick because they look pretty awesome. I paid $100 for my Round 1, and I'm pretty happy with it. I haven't done any modding to it, and I don't know if I want to or not. I actually used for a non-fighting/non-old school game tonight. The game? Bayonetta. Wow...I don't know how, but I went from Stones/Bronzes to Golds/Platinums WITH a difficulty jump.

I don't know man, there's nothing in that video that you couldn't express with just text and pictures. But heck, maybe some people enjoy seeing a stick in motion.

bread's done
Back