[CAG Game Group] TEAM FORTRESS 2 - **sign up with CAG Fortress 2!!**

WTF!?!

Ever since the patch came out, I can't seem to stay in a game for more than 20 minutes at a time. if I host a game, people get dropped like flies. Twice in one game, everyone but 4 people in a 14 player game got dropped. Anyone else getting this?

[quote name='Kevlar281']Sent a friend request.

Does anyone have any advice on getting the 10 Kills with an SG cheevo?[/quote]Build a SG on 2fort, just infront of the secondary doorway in your base's courtyard that leads to the stairs to your flag. Kind of hard to describe, but if you set up a SG, dispenser, and some entry/exit ports to help block spies, then your little camp should be impenetrable.

[quote name='mrelusive']Build a SG on 2fort, just infront of the secondary doorway in your base's courtyard that leads to the stairs to your flag. Kind of hard to describe, but if you set up a SG, dispenser, and some entry/exit ports to help block spies, then your little camp should be impenetrable.[/quote]
Hmmm not quite sure where you mean. Also you can block spies by using entry/exit ports?

Well you can slow them down. In the area I'm talking about, there shouldn't be a need for anybody on your team to be running through your camp (if you build your dispenser on the ledge infront of you). So if you see someone frantically trying to jump over your ports to get to you (if you build them on stairs they can't just walk over them, they have to jump), good chance it's a spy.

Got it! Thanks for the tips. Took a few games but once I got the setup down it went pretty smoothly.

I was stuck at 9 kills and I was really worried that we were going to CAP for the third time to end the game when our scout came running up the stairs with the Intel and I took out everyone who was blindly chasing him. Ended the game with 13 SG kills.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']=/ No one else is experiencing random disconnects? Again, this only started happening AFTER the patch.[/quote]

Ive played quite a bit since the patch,and not one random disconnect

Ive decided to give COD4 a break in order to let DCriminal catch up ;) :lol:

If anyone wants to play some TF2, I'll be on tonight (the 11th)
around 8pm CST.

[quote name='Khondor']Ive decided to give COD4 a break in order to let DCriminal catch up ;) :lol:

If anyone wants to play some TF2, I'll be on tonight (the 11th)
around 8pm CST.[/QUOTE]

I think I am going to need a bit more than an evening to catch up. More like a week... or a month.

[quote name='DCriminal']I think I am going to need a bit more than an evening to catch up. More like a week... or a month.[/quote]

If I ever get any free time, I'd like to "catch up" too. I haven't really picked this game up since October, but I'd love to play with you guys.

I’m still waiting for my FR to be accepted. I’m down for playing Thursday; maybe I can finally get the “with friends like these” achievement.

Have played this for about 5 hours now, and I'm hooked completely. Course that's the PC version. Is there a thread for the PC version? Can't find it through search--maybe I overlooked something.

man, I'm still playing this on live every night, it's gotta be my most played game since counter-strike/warcraft, but it feels so empty now in ranked matches....c'mon people, stop playin player matches!@!@!@

[quote name='psychoxfoo']man, I'm still playing this on live every night, it's gotta be my most played game since counter-strike/warcraft, but it feels so empty now in ranked matches....c'mon people, stop playin player matches!@!@!@[/quote]

People don't play Rank matches because the host leaves when they are losing. That why I don't bother with Rank matches.

I'd be up for CAG Fortress. I just got the game a couple weeks ago but I'm loving TF2. What time do the CAGs gather and whom should I add to play with?

[quote name='looploop']I'd be up for CAG Fortress. I just got the game a couple weeks ago but I'm loving TF2. What time do the CAGs gather and whom should I add to play with?[/quote]

You can add me looploop....I'm always trying to play TF2 online but can never find anyone to play with. I typically find 1 or 2 matches online with the lowest bandwidth/connection rating and 1 person.

I would like to try and set up a CAG game night for maybe this Friday.
Just to have fun, and if you are a new player you can take the time to
learn the maps and try out all the characters without anyone yelling at you
for being new.

anyone interested?

[quote name='Khondor']I would like to try and set up a CAG game night for maybe this Friday.
for being new.

anyone interested?[/quote]
I'd be down for something like that but I doubt a Friday night would work for me. Dumb friends wanting to hang out.

[quote name='Khondor']I would like to try and set up a CAG game night for maybe this Friday.
for being new.

anyone interested?[/QUOTE]

I'm up for that, as long as the wife and I aren't doing anything. I've been wanting to play some TF2 with you, but I can't seem to pull myself away from Call of Duty 4 :)

[quote name='richierich']Are people still playing TF2?[/quote]

I'm trying to get back into it, hopefully a patch they released recently will fix the lag issues I had with it.

[quote name='richierich']Are people still playing TF2?[/quote]

I'm trying to get back into it, hopefully a patch they released recently will fix the lag issues I had with it.

I'm a 360 noob and have minimal shooter experience (especially online), but the few times I've played TF2 I really like it (I generally play Engineer, since you're not called on to directly confront the enemy as much and you can kind of do your own thing to support the team).

I'd love to play with some CAGs, try out some of the other classes, maybe earn some of the achievements.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I only found one a little bit ago.[/QUOTE]

You have to constantly refresh, and only look in the Player matches. No one ever plays ranked for some reason (mostly because the host just quits if they're losing).

The game doesn't show full games ever. I would constantly refresh, see only like 3 or games, keep refreshing, refreshing, then all of a sudden a bunch of 11/12, 9/10, 15/16, 13/14 games would pop up.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']You have to constantly refresh, and only look in the Player matches. No one ever plays ranked for some reason (mostly because the host just quits if they're losing).

The game doesn't show full games ever. I would constantly refresh, see only like 3 or games, keep refreshing, refreshing, then all of a sudden a bunch of 11/12, 9/10, 15/16, 13/14 games would pop up.[/QUOTE]

I hate it when lots pop up, but they're all 2 Fort :( Well/hydro/granary ftw!!!

Is TF2 dead on 360? I've been tring to get a game in for the last couple of days but no one has been on. Hopefuly once everybody finishes GTA4 TF2 will pick up again.

[quote name='garrett_in_the_hat']Is TF2 dead on 360? I've been tring to get a game in for the last couple of days but no one has been on. Hopefuly once everybody finishes GTA4 TF2 will pick up again.[/quote]

I play about every other day, Look me up for a game or two :)

Hey, just started playing. I love this game. I'm always ranked in the top 2 in every match. All I need is the 7 friends achievement. Anyone willing to throwdown some TF2 sometime soon?

Is there a specific date in which CAGs play this, I really love this but it's hard to play with random people that don't work as a team. Send me a friend request if you wan to play and tell me you're a CAG.

bread's done
Back