CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Any up to play me as a sub around 6? If not I'm probably going to play the CPU then.[/QUOTE]

I've got a game against pitfallharry for the other league at that time, but I could sub either before (ie. now) or after. Would you be able to sub for me after that? I still need to play my Saints vs Falcons game for this league.

Also, does anybody know if doc is still playing? His Texans are scheduled to play my secondary team (Dolphins) this week, and I haven't heard anything from him.

Remaining Games

Texans vs Dolphins (eh...what's up doc?)
Bills vs Redskins (billy asked for a sub, but then said he doesn't care if it gets simmed...not sure why he wouldn't just play the CPU)
Jaguars vs Panthers (tanabeo giving up on the #1 team in the league?)
Broncos vs Raiders (hope kaster can just play the CPU)
Browns vs Chargers (looking for sub, at worst, play CPU)
Saints vs Falcons (looking for sub, at worst, play CPU)
Vikings vs Buccaneers (no word from campbell, hope he plays the CPU)

Wow...more games than I was expecting. Starting to have my doubts about a 3rd season when even some teams that are in the playoff hunt are slacking their games. Deadline is tonight, guys.

Man Nate in sorry I've been slacking! I'm gonna play the game right now!

Kicking off now and right after I'll on the next owner of the next team I play.

n8rockerasu, I can do the two games in a row if you want. But I'd have to start about as soon as you're done with pitfall. Which I'm not sure if you want to do 3 games in a row. Though I guess I could possibly do the other one later if necessary.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']
Jaguars vs Panthers (tanabeo giving up on the #1 team in the league?)[/QUOTE]

Nope asked for a sub on 4-12 at 11:53 pm

[quote name='Tanabeo']Im going to need a sub for the jags[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']How is he running up the score?[/QUOTE]

says the guy who went for it on 4th down 3 times 2 times he was on his own 20 and it was early in the game. u play like an ass hole dont expect me to pity u.

[quote name='DVO21']says the guy who went for it on 4th down 3 times 2 times he was on his own 20 and it was early in the game. u play like an ass hole dont expect me to pity u.[/QUOTE]

lol...well, you could have at least let him answer the question. ;)

[quote name='Tanabeo']Do you care if I just play the CPU? the jags are a 4-8 team[/QUOTE]

No, on day 4, playing the CPU is just fine. Did you not see the "scheduling guide" I posted yesterday? You said yourself, you at least asked for a sub. Not much else you can do.

cowboys 48 jets 21

romo had 6 TD passes on 5 targets that all got atleast 1 TD a piece

cowboys D was insane 1 FF 6 INTs 7 sacks 1 TD

scoring summary speaks for its self score wasnt ran up the passing TD for 81 yards on 3rd and long in the 4th quarter well i would chalk that one up for a lucky TD so i dont think that cheap at all. but i will let N8 call that one if he wants

[quote name='DVO21']says the guy who went for it on 4th down 3 times 2 times he was on his own 20 and it was early in the game. u play like an ass hole dont expect me to pity u.[/QUOTE]

You can tell we're brothers. I play the same way :D

i went for it when i was down by 21 and 28 points, 1 time i was on my 20, the other 2 i was on the 50 and then your side of the field. get your facts straight. you were going for tds late in the first half during a shutout and straight up passing all game. not to mention you were running the same two routes all game with the same 2 players. you never attempted to run down the clock you just kept bombing it. in my book that is running up the score and i never played inappropriately i stayed in the game without quitting. its very mature though of you to throw in curse words in your little comeback and show off about your inferior stats. grow up loser...

like i said n8 will read wut u just said and tel u wut u did was wrong. and its hard to call it running up the score when its the first half. and as for the same routes over and over and over well when i use hot routes and i see its going to be open by the way ur d is setup dont get mad at me if u keep it open all game long bro

These arguments are pointless if people aren't going to be truthful. There is a BIG difference between going for a 4th and long at your own 20 EARLY in the game, and going for it late in the game down by three scores. It's probably foolish in either situation, but at least in the latter, it's basically a last ditch effort at making a comeback.

That said, in the 4th quarter, up by 21, passing on 3rd and long is also foolish. At that point in the game, you should just be chewing clock and not wanting to risk a turnover. If it's early in the 4th, MAYBE you try to pick up the 1st down to continue killing clock, but I don't know that I'd be too worried about punting with that big of a lead either. I think I'd be more concerned with the turnover on 3rd and long.

Again, back to the other side of the pointless argument, if somebody wants to run the same two plays over and over, it's on you to stop them. We've had this discussion many times in here. If it's working, why would they stop? Is it cheesy? Maybe. But so what. Stop allowing it to work and you won't have to worry about it. And seriously, I'm also not going to tell somebody to stop scoring in the 1st half. I wouldn't even tell somebody to stop passing the ball that early. A lot can happen with an entire half left to play and we've seen some pretty big comebacks before.

And back to the other side. DVO, he's accusing you of not running down the clock in the 4th quarter with a big lead. I trust that you know better than this because that is CLEARLY not acceptable. We're not playing for stats here. You know that.

Ultimately, somebody is lying here. It's hard to really know what happened when the two stories are so far apart. It's just "he said/he said". dptang0 does need to be realistic about what "cheating" actually means. If you're not calling the right plays to stop your opponent, you can't blame him for getting results. But DVO should know the rules as well. I sincerely hope that what dptang0 is saying is not true.

i never announced the word "cheating" because he clearly did not cheat. If you look at the stats though i can say one thing is for sure. he had less than 10 runs all game and if i didn't score toward the end of the game he had the potential to beat me by over 30 points. i did not care about him scoring in the first half either because i would have done the same, but making last shots at the endzone with seconds left in the half is what concerned me when i was down 20. i am sorry it got out of hand, but i am not a liar and i'm just trying to have some fun, he can run whatever plays he wants if my d slips it does not mean he is cheating. i won't complain anymore i know it is a poor season for the jets and my gameplay.

im done im moving on from it. its going no where but tang0 just for the future if he ur going to claim something like less than 10 rushes during the game atleast check the stats i had 15 rushes exactly in that game and lets not forget i also had a chance to score at the end of the game but i didnt i ran out the last 1:45 of the game out and stayed away from the endzone as well. i understand ur frustrations in a big loss it can make u angry trust me ive been there. but going for it on 4th down that close to ur own endzone is way to big of a risk

Well, the Saints beat the CPU Falcons, but at a devastating cost. Broken Collarbone...Darren Sproles. I've now lost both of my star running backs to the same fucking lame ass injury. Just taking an early poll, if EA doesn't get injuries right in Madden 13, who all is in favor of turning them off for franchise? It's like they don't even have the mental capacity to process that when "realism" goes too far, it's no longer realistic.

On the bright side, Kaster is finishing up his game and will be advancing us shortly.

Nate, I have good news and bad news, but the good news used to be bad news.

Okay, my Internet just died (yay iPhone!) in the middle of my game. The good news is that I promoted you before the game for some reason and promptly forgot I did so. So you can advance us when you get a chance, sorry about that.

[quote name='KasterDB']Nate, I have good news and bad news, but the good news used to be bad news.

Okay, my Internet just died (yay iPhone!) in the middle of my game. The good news is that I promoted you before the game for some reason and promptly forgot I did so. So you can advance us when you get a chance, sorry about that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll have to do it in the morning then. Headed to bed now.

Hey guys I didn't get a chance to get my game in. My time didn't match up with my opponent I asked for a sub on thursday. I have been out of touch all weekend. I guess I will have to get a strike. Sorry for the trouble.

[quote name='campbellbj1']Hey guys I didn't get a chance to get my game in. My time didn't match up with my opponent I asked for a sub on thursday. I have been out of touch all weekend. I guess I will have to get a strike. Sorry for the trouble.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you could have just played the CPU yesterday (which is what several people ended up doing). Considering you got a free win for it, which tied you for 1st place in the division, unfortunately, that definitely needs to be a strike.

Posting this again until people start getting used to it. This is basically how scheduling games should be handled from here on out.

Day 1 (or even day before): Contact opponent
Day 2: Contact opponent again
Day 3 (with no communication): Ask for a sub
Day 4 (with no communication or offers to sub): Play CPU

If you play an open team, obviously, feel free to ask for a sub from day 1. If you play a team that someone is logged in as, and you haven't heard from them/haven't set up a time by day 4, let me know so I can boot them so you can play the CPU.

Ok, we have advanced to Week 15! Playoff races are really heating up now! Games are due by 4/19!

Week 14 Summary

Power Rankings
1. New England Patriots
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Carolina Panthers
4. New Orleans Saints
5. Kansas City Chiefs

Offensive Player of the Week
Mike Tolbert, SD - 18 carries, 260 yds, 4 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
Chris Hope, TEN - 6 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF

Yeah again I appologize life got in the way this weekend. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Seems like tensions are running high around here. I think we should all take a step back and breathe then picture monkey knife fights to the death. It always cheers me up anyway. Just a suggestion.

Can anyone sub for the jags?

Edit: is ANYONE around now? Trying to get this done as soon as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the Saints are done for the year. Pretty shitty way to end a season losing my top two running backs. Without any kind of running game, I had to start throwing the ball, which meant Tanabeo had way too easy of a time on defense...especially considering the INTs that LBs make in this game. Then my defense got tired, and everything just went down hill from there. I'm really disappointed that we didn't get to play before my team was ravaged with injuries though. Needless to say, I'll be mailing it in the rest of the season. fuck you, EA.

Oh, I do have to say to Tanabeo, good game. You played great, and thanks for putting up with my stupid shit at the end. I just started trying plays I've never even looked at before to see if I could find anything that would work. Didn't help that my o-line was like swiss cheese at the end. EA owes me a new butthole.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']And the Saints are done for the year. Pretty shitty way to end a season losing my top two running backs. Without any kind of running game, I had to start throwing the ball, which meant Tanabeo had way too easy of a time on defense...especially considering the INTs that LBs make in this game. Then my defense got tired, and everything just went down hill from there. I'm really disappointed that we didn't get to play before my team was ravaged with injuries though. Needless to say, I'll be mailing it in the rest of the season. fuck you, EA.

Oh, I do have to say to Tanabeo, good game. You played great, and thanks for putting up with my stupid shit at the end. I just started trying plays I've never even looked at before to see if I could find anything that would work. Didn't help that my o-line was like swiss cheese at the end. EA owes me a new butthole.[/QUOTE]

GG that ivroy(i think his name is) is just not good at all. And I didnt care about the stuff at the end made it fun I was trying out new plays, your line did go from pushing me over every play to me just flicking my stick one time and I was in drews face. Maybe we will meet up in the playoffs again.

[quote name='Tanabeo']GG that ivroy(i think his name is) is just not good at all. And I didnt care about the stuff at the end made it fun I was trying out new plays, your line did go from pushing me over every play to me just flicking my stick one time and I was in drews face. Maybe we will meet up in the playoffs again.[/QUOTE]

I hope not, lol. If we do, I may be employing my new "put the controller down and go take a shit" official league strategy, hahaha. :)

It's just pathetic. 2 running backs...2 broken collarbones that turn into "abdominal tears" after the game. I've got 3 guys out 7, 8, and 10 weeks right now. I feel like I'm playing Mario Kart or something. "Yes! I'm winning with only half a lap to go! *LIGHTNING BOLT!!!* oh...8th place...awesome..."

Anyone interested in playing as Arizona this afternoon around 5 or 6? I can't play after that I have softball. I need a sub or I will have to play comp tomorrow.

Just want to kinda take inventory a little early here. How many people are interested in doing a 3rd season? I want everyone to be realistic about it, as it seems any non primary vs primary games would need to be played against the CPU. So, a 3rd season would basically be a handful of human vs human games, a decent amount of CPU games (some more than others depending on what your division looks like), and just basically seeing how your team progresses.

I completely understand if this doesn't appeal to people due to the CPU games, and there would definitely be no hard feeling about anyone not wanting to come back for season 3. I can honestly see the merit in both sides of it, so it's really just up to you guys.

I think I'll call it quits for JV after this season. I love my Giants squad, but playing 8 or more CPU games doesn't sound to appealing.

And I'm trying to ease off Madden a little so I'll be psyched when 13 comes out.

Lions vs. Chiefs and 49ers vs Giants should be played in a double header tonight.

[quote name='LVPatriots']And I'm trying to ease off Madden a little so I'll be psyched when 13 comes out.[/QUOTE]

I think that's definitely the other side of the coin. There's "continue growing team, play a bit more leisurely, and improve skills" vs "Recharge batteries for Madden 13". I could go either way. I don't want to force it and will go with the majority on this one.

Staticz has already told me that he's out after this season, so that leaves our member list at:

billymcdugal
n8rockerasu (confirmed)
Superstar (confirmed)
dptang0
campbellbj1
lyric706
Ultimate Matt X (undecided)
pitfallharry219 (confirmed)
docb9110 (confirmed)
KasterDB (undecided)
DVO21
N3XTLVL
Tanabeo
archie971

That's 14 teams...with some divisions only having one team (assuming no secondary/subs: AFC Central, AFC South, AFC West). Obviously, people subbing or taking secondary teams would be welcomed, but I seriously doubt we'd be able to cover every game. I don't want to paint a bleak picture or anything. Just want to make sure people know what they'd be signing up for.

i'm in, but i'm probably going to want to switch my team if that's ok. there are so many open right now i don't think it would be a big problem.

[quote name='dptang0']i'm in, but i'm probably going to want to switch my team if that's ok. there are so many open right now i don't think it would be a big problem.[/QUOTE]

Why did you pick the Jets then? Most of these teams have been available since you joined. And what team would you want to switch to?

I'm not sure which way I'll go yet. I need to drop one of the leagues though. I think I'd be more content to stay here and don't have a problem playing the CPU, but I don't want it to be me and three other teams with users for the season either.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']You were wanting to play like now right? If so, I can do it.[/QUOTE]

I can play now. PM sent :p

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Why did you pick the Jets then? Most of these teams have been available since you joined. And what team would you want to switch to?[/QUOTE]

I would like to switch to the raiders. There were only about 5 teams available when i joined and the jets seemed the most reasonable. I could keep the jets as a secondary team if that makes things easier or vice versa.

Hiding my copy of Madden so I'll stop trying to play it every day. This game is going to give me a fucking stroke. I thought it would be fun having MJD and Cobie Ross...but I didn't count on having complete shit blocking in front of them. Meanwhile, Brady's passes have too much hair gel on them to be intercepted. Obviously, Superstar is really good though. I just need a break. I'm at my wits end with this game right now.

EDIT - Oh, Kaster, I promoted you to commish so I could sub for Superstar. Just promote me back whenever. I'm going to do my best not to turn this game on until I advance us tomorrow night.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm in, but I think we need to advance quicker if we're going to be playing a lot of CPU games.[/QUOTE]

I thnk that could be possible. Going to 2 days might be pushing it, but I don't see any reason we couldn't do a 3 day advancement. Open to opinions though.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I'm not sure which way I'll go yet. I need to drop one of the leagues though. I think I'd be more content to stay here and don't have a problem playing the CPU, but I don't want it to be me and three other teams with users for the season either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear you there. That's why I want to see how many would like to do another season just to see if we're all one the same page. I think if we had at least 10 people interested, it could be decent. A fair number of CPU games, sure. But it could still be pretty fun. Hell, we could even alter some of the rules/settings if there was anything people would like to see changed (no injuries?) Really, it could kind of serve as a beta for Madden 13.

[quote name='dptang0']I would like to switch to the raiders. There were only about 5 teams available when i joined and the jets seemed the most reasonable. I could keep the jets as a secondary team if that makes things easier or vice versa.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's not true. You must have not looked at the first post very closely. All of the teams in ALL CAPS were available. We just had many people carrying two teams so no one would have to play the CPU. You could have taken any of the secondary teams (which the Raiders were). It shouldn't be a problem letting you switch though, since you joined after the trading deadline anyway.

For that matter, you could switch right now and just play the last two Raiders games. I doubt anyone would object to that if that's where you intend on staying. As for keeping the Jets as a secondary team, the general rule was for secondary teams to be in the opposite conference (and not be a team your primary team plays). Considering secondary teams may be non-existent in season 3 though, I'm sure you'd have plenty of opportunities to at least sub for the Jets if you wanted.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Hiding my copy of Madden so I'll stop trying to play it every day. This game is going to give me a fucking stroke. I thought it would be fun having MJD and Cobie Ross...but I didn't count on having complete shit blocking in front of them. Meanwhile, Brady's passes have too much hair gel on them to be intercepted. Obviously, Superstar is really good though. I just need a break. I'm at my wits end with this game right now.

EDIT - Oh, Kaster, I promoted you to commish so I could sub for Superstar. Just promote me back whenever. I'm going to do my best not to turn this game on until I advance us tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]

I think you intercepted me twice sir. :p

Thanks for subbing though. I thought I'd never get the game played.

bread's done
Back