CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

Glad to have a working X-Box going into the playoffs. I loved that Chiefs squad last season, but I'm even more excited to take this Giants squad on a Super Bowl run.

[quote name='Superstar']Going to play the CPU for Pats\Jets -

Since DP tango and I were playing each other in both leagues, we agreed to play them back to back. Well, after the other game ended (and he was doing questionable things when that game was ending) I asked him to play this one now and he signed off.[/QUOTE]

dptang0, do you have a response to this? It's not like I can reprimand you for how you play in the other league, but in the short time that you've been around, this is the 2nd time your play style has been called into question. The main concern though is just blowing off your game for this league. Anything to say about that?

And just a reminder for everybody, today is deadline day. If you haven't heard from your opponent or found someone to sub for you, now is definitely the time to play the CPU. Don't let these games go unplayed.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']dptang0, do you have a response to this? It's not like I can reprimand you for how you play in the other league, but in the short time that you've been around, this is the 2nd time your play style has been called into question.

He was running a lot with the QB against my Chargers.

But I laugh wholeheartedly at anyone who considers that questionable.

[quote name='LVPatriots']He was running a lot with the QB against my Chargers.

But I laugh wholeheartedly at anyone who considers that questionable.[/QUOTE]

No need to start that discussion unless it's actually brought up. Superstar is a veteran player and mentioned specifically that it was stuff at the end of the game. So, I doubt it was simply scrambling with the QB.

Yea, but QB scrambling does tend to get a lot of negative posts. Something I don't understand since it is allowed and it is very vulnerable cause no QB carry rating can be high enough.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Yea, but QB scrambling does tend to get a lot of negative posts. Something I don't understand since it is allowed and it is very vulnerable cause no QB carry rating can be high enough.[/QUOTE]

Tebow's is pretty high. Mid to upper 80s I think.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Yea, but QB scrambling does tend to get a lot of negative posts. Something I don't understand since it is allowed and it is very vulnerable cause no QB carry rating can be high enough.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you're asking for an honest opinion on the subject, I think QBs are too fast and too accurate on the run in this game. That kind of stuff should be reserved for a few special players (Vick, Newton, etc). But people do it with scrubs all the time. If that is dptang0's play style, why do you think he switched to the Raiders? Is he going to do it with Carson Palmer and his solid accuracy? I doubt it. Most likely, he's going to use Terrelle Pryor. Pryor SHOULDN'T be good enough to be successful in the NFL playing like that. But this is Madden...

Rolling out and throwing across your body back to the middle of the field works more often in this game than it should. To me, it makes the game more arcadey. Some people might dig that. It's just not for me. But it's a video game, and none of EA's sports titles mimic the real thing very well. They're all programmed by people who think they know the sport and think they know what the people playing the games want.

That's how we end up with things like "Fight for the fumble!", "Real team introductions", "Goalie fights", "Glass breaking", and other stupid shit that has nothing to do with gameplay. They all have "isms" that clearly remind you that you're playing a video game. The worst thing is when those "isms" become go to plays to where people stop playing it like a sport and start playing it like a video game.

Kaster and I can't seem to get a time where we are both availiable he told me to go ahead and play a sub, if I can find one. Any takers? It will have to be around 9 central tonight.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, if you're asking for an honest opinion on the subject, I think QBs are too fast and too accurate on the run in this game. That kind of stuff should be reserved for a few special players (Vick, Newton, etc). But people do it with scrubs all the time. If that is dptang0's play style, why do you think he switched to the Raiders? Is he going to do it with Carson Palmer and his solid accuracy? I doubt it. Most likely, he's going to use Terrelle Pryor. Pryor SHOULDN'T be good enough to be successful in the NFL playing like that. But this is Madden...

Rolling out and throwing across your body back to the middle of the field works more often in this game than it should. To me, it makes the game more arcadey. Some people might dig that. It's just not for me. But it's a video game, and none of EA's sports titles mimic the real thing very well. They're all programmed by people who think they know the sport and think they know what the people playing the games want.

That's how we end up with things like "Fight for the fumble!", "Real team introductions", "Goalie fights", "Glass breaking", and other stupid shit that has nothing to do with gameplay. They all have "isms" that clearly remind you that you're playing a video game. The worst thing is when those "isms" become go to plays to where people stop playing it like a sport and start playing it like a video game.[/QUOTE]

I get that. A lot of QB's can do some damage on there feet in the NFL too. It's not that crazy for a QB to get 3 or 400 yards in a season, and I don't think I've ever seen someone break 1000 yds with a qb in an online franchise.

It just seems like people get mad at it when it works and don't say much when they beat it.

And the real reality is, it is not that easy to do in this game. I challenge anyone to just decide they will run with there qb and pull it off consistent enough to actually WIN games with it.

I put some work into running with Vick and Newcomber, finding the right plays and audibling the blocking correctly takes practice.

It's not like you can just run everytime and have it work and not fumble, you will lose.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I get that. A lot of QB's can do some damage on there feet in the NFL too. It's not that crazy for a QB to get 3 or 400 yards in a season, and I don't think I've ever seen someone break 1000 yds with a qb in an online franchise.

It just seems like people get mad at it when it works and don't say much when they beat it.

And the real reality is, it is not that easy to do in this game. I challenge anyone to just decide they will run with there qb and pull it off consistent enough to actually WIN games with it.

I put some work into running with Vick and Newcomber, finding the right plays and audibling the blocking correctly takes practice.

It's not like you can just run everytime and have it work and not fumble, you will lose.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I didn't say anything about running. I said they're too accurate when they throw on the run, lol. Pay attention, LV ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, but I didn't say anything about running. I said they're too accurate when they throw on the run, lol. Pay attention, LV ;)[/QUOTE]

As someone who has spent hours upon hours throwing on the run with numerous quarterbacks, trust me, they are not.

So I lost Schaub for an undisclosed amount of time in the game today against Pittsburg! Still squeeked out the win 30-28 with a last second field goal.

How long do broken ribs usually have someone out? I played quickly today at Lunch and didnt have time to look into the injury. SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME DECENT NEWS! LOL

GUYS I just realized I completely played today and didnt even ask if it was ok! IM SO SORRY. I competely thought the Steelers were not owned! I know I should have checked and im sorry as I shouldnt have ASSUMED. I know it looks shady. Im legitimately sorry. I didnt need the win so I could have waited or even simmed. I have been slacking hardcore lately.

Commish if you want to take the win away (if you can?) that is completely fine and deserved.

...MATT you are welcome? I assure you though if Pitfall were playing mee it would have been a blow out!

[quote name='Docb9110']GUYS I just realized I completely played today and didnt even ask if it was ok! IM SO SORRY. I competely thought the Steelers were not owned! I know I should have checked and im sorry as I shouldnt have ASSUMED. I know it looks shady. Im legitimately sorry. I didnt need the win so I could have waited or even simmed. I have been slacking hardcore lately.

Commish if you want to take the win away (if you can?) that is completely fine and deserved.

...MATT you are welcome? I assure you though if Pitfall were playing mee it would have been a blow out![/QUOTE]

GOING HIS WAY not mine! LOL

[quote name='Docb9110']GUYS I just realized I completely played today and didnt even ask if it was ok! IM SO SORRY. I competely thought the Steelers were not owned! I know I should have checked and im sorry as I shouldnt have ASSUMED. I know it looks shady. Im legitimately sorry. I didnt need the win so I could have waited or even simmed. I have been slacking hardcore lately.

...MATT you are welcome? I assure you though if Pitfall were playing mee it would have been a blow out![/QUOTE]

Sounds like Schaub's injury was karmic justic then. ;)

Um, if your week 17 opponent is a primary team, then I would suggest letting them play Houston as a CPU. Or even just giving you a strike. Hard to say. Probably a strike, haha.

season 2 is over for me no playoffs time to look forward to season 3 hope things go better then than they did this season started off strong ended off horrible injuries killed me this year

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']lyric, just sent you a PM. I should be around from now until like 9 EST.[/QUOTE]

I won't be able to do it until like 10:30 p.m. EST or so ... Can someone sub?

Man im a day off I was thinking today was the 22nd Incan yall wait for me I can play the CPU tonight when I get home from work I can advance us also if need be, if yall want to advance earlier im fine with a sim its my fault for not checking in earlier

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']lyric, I can wait if you wanna play at 10:30. If you don't care either way though I'm fine with the sub.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's cool. See you at 10:30.

[quote name='KasterDB']Sounds like Schaub's injury was karmic justic then. ;)

Um, if your week 17 opponent is a primary team, then I would suggest letting them play Houston as a CPU. Or even just giving you a strike. Hard to say. Probably a strike, haha.[/QUOTE]

Well I'd be ok letting him play the CPU? A strike in my case is warranted though. In all honesty I'm in the playoffs and only have one strike right now so the second strike would be pointless. Can I suggest carrying the strike to season 3? And I'll still let tana destroy the texans in 17?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Just saw your response I'll stick with 10:30. I was going to cancel, but you just replied so nevermind.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to do this, but I won't be able to play after all ... Team is open, so just go ahead and play the CPU.

Again, I'm sorry.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']dptang0, do you have a response to this? It's not like I can reprimand you for how you play in the other league, but in the short time that you've been around, this is the 2nd time your play style has been called into question. The main concern though is just blowing off your game for this league. Anything to say about that?

And just a reminder for everybody, today is deadline day. If you haven't heard from your opponent or found someone to sub for you, now is definitely the time to play the CPU. Don't let these games go unplayed.[/QUOTE]

i agree to play as the jets but am unsure as to whether i keep doing it when i own the raiders. i wanted to tell him play the cpu but i had to go in a hurry. i really do not understand the criticism though. if i did "weird" things, maybe it was because i was on the phone during the 4th and my attention was completely diverted. other than that, i am really doing nothing wrong. sorry again i guess.

[quote name='dptang0']i agree to play as the jets but am unsure as to whether i keep doing it when i own the raiders. i wanted to tell him play the cpu but i had to go in a hurry. i really do not understand the criticism though. if i did "weird" things, maybe it was because i was on the phone during the 4th and my attention was completely diverted. other than that, i am really doing nothing wrong. sorry again i guess.[/QUOTE]

lol...so you're not playing in here ANYTHING like you're playing in the other league? You saving all that good stuff for them?

As for the Jets, maybe I wasn't clear enough when I answered this before. Your secondary team is supposed to be in the opposite conference of your primary team. (ie. the Raiders are in the AFC, so if you want a secondary team, you should choose an NFC team). HOWEVER, once we get to season 3, if people are scheduled to play the Jets and ask for a sub, it would probably be ok for you to fill in (if you actually care at all about the Jets...you certainly don't have to). You definitely don't need to be seeking out the Jets games though.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']lol...so you're not playing in here ANYTHING like you're playing in the other league? You saving all that good stuff for them?

As for the Jets, maybe I wasn't clear enough when I answered this before. Your secondary team is supposed to be in the opposite conference of your primary team. (ie. the Raiders are in the AFC, so if you want a secondary team, you should choose an NFC team). HOWEVER, once we get to season 3, if people are scheduled to play the Jets and ask for a sub, it would probably be ok for you to fill in (if you actually care at all about the Jets...you certainly don't have to). You definitely don't need to be seeking out the Jets games though.[/QUOTE]

ok i wont play jets games anymore i just thought it would be fine to sub this season for people who needed it since i was out of the playoffs and all. and as for the other games, there are two sides for everything but mine isn't even worth talking about at this point because honestly everyone in this league hates me and wouldn't care for it or think it is true

Fwiw I just played the Raiders and didn't have any problems. Sure there were things he could 'clean up' but no more than I've seen anyone else do.

[quote name='dptang0']and as for the other games, there are two sides for everything but mine isn't even worth talking about at this point because honestly everyone in this league hates me and wouldn't care for it or think it is true[/QUOTE]

I can completely understand that. It's just that the most recent account was pretty damning, with claims of multiple squib kicks, messages to run up passing yards, constant punt return defenses, etc. There's not really a "gray area" on that kind of stuff. The only defense there would be that the person is flat out lying.

[quote name='staticz']Fwiw I just played the Raiders and didn't have any problems. Sure there were things he could 'clean up' but no more than I've seen anyone else do.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's good to hear. It's just strange that his game with DVO would be so "ranked like". Maybe after getting so much negative attention, he got the hint. Either way, he put himself on everybody's radar, so hopefully things will settle down from here and there won't be any other problems.

Ok, guys. We have advanced to Week 17! It looks like only one game didn't get played, and that was Bills vs Eagles. I think it's safe to say at this point that NXTLVL is done and gone. But that doesn't really explain why billymcdugal didn't ask to play the CPU. Gotta give a strike here (not that it really matters...but these games should still be played).

Also, it looks like the Seahawks/Cardinals game was started 4 times. What happened here? This is my only concern with CPU games (which I'm assuming this was), and I don't want to start throwing stones or anything, but I hope people aren't restarting games if they find themselves losing. I can understand a connection dropping here and there, but 4 times? Just know that this is something I'll be monitoring closely, so it would be wise for it to not become a pattern for anybody.

Week 17 games are due by 4/27!

Im ok with letting the Panthers game against Tanabeo be play by CPU. I think its fair since I played the Steelers CPU. I deserve a punishment. I only have one strike and the playoffs are after this week so if a strike is given, I think it should be given to my next season. In that it may matter more since its week one so I only have two chances to "mess up" and not take care of my business. If I play Tana, obviously Schaub is out for the week, and my other starters would be sitting.

How does everyone feel about it?

[quote name='Docb9110']Im ok with letting the Panthers game against Tanabeo be play by CPU. I think its fair since I played the Steelers CPU. I deserve a punishment. I only have one strike and the playoffs are after this week so if a strike is given, I think it should be given to my next season. In that it may matter more since its week one so I only have two chances to "mess up" and not take care of my business. If I play Tana, obviously Schaub is out for the week, and my other starters would be sitting.

How does everyone feel about it?[/QUOTE]

If I play the CPU your starters will be in the game so that might not be a smart idea we have 4 days to play this game I work from 1-11:15pm cst so I can play anytime but then

[quote name='Docb9110']I work 8-5 CST. I can't stay up that late bubba. Not with a 6 month old. Sleep is a hot commodity.[/QUOTE]

When I get to work I will look at the rest of this week and see if I can leave work early.

Can anyone sub for the Redskins please?

I wanted to ask before just going to play the CPU.

I will be resting Tom Brady if anyone cares about that, haha.

[quote name='Docb9110']I work 8-5 CST. I can't stay up that late bubba. Not with a 6 month old. Sleep is a hot commodity.[/QUOTE]

LOL...I told him the same thing when I played him. I said "Damn, dude! Don't ever have kids. Those are like the least baby friendly hours ever!" haha. :)

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Ok, guys. We have advanced to Week 17! It looks like only one game didn't get played, and that was Bills vs Eagles. I think it's safe to say at this point that NXTLVL is done and gone. But that doesn't really explain why billymcdugal didn't ask to play the CPU. Gotta give a strike here (not that it really matters...but these games should still be played).

Also, it looks like the Seahawks/Cardinals game was started 4 times. What happened here? This is my only concern with CPU games (which I'm assuming this was), and I don't want to start throwing stones or anything, but I hope people aren't restarting games if they find themselves losing. I can understand a connection dropping here and there, but 4 times? Just know that this is something I'll be monitoring closely, so it would be wise for it to not become a pattern for anybody.

Week 17 games are due by 4/27![/QUOTE]

i have to say here that i subbed as the cardinals for him and our connection did drop 3 times in one day. we had to wait until the next day to play... it was a very annoying experience. but yeah it is not his fault at all.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Since Jacksonville is CPU can I go straight to playing CPU or should I get a sub first?[/QUOTE]

If you want to play the CPU, I guess just go for it. I doubt many people would object. You've got until the 27th though. So, if you want to try asking for a sub first, you're free to try that as well.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Whats the plan for next season again in terms of CPU games, subs, and secondary teams?[/QUOTE]

Very similar to the point we're at now. If you WANT to have a secondary team, you're welcome to (but people shouldn't take one if they're going to have a hard time playing those games). If you're scheduled to play an open team, you CAN request a sub if you want to. But you don't have to. I would also be fine with moving us up to a 3 day advancement schedule if everybody is on board with that.

Also, anyone want to sub for the Bears for me? I'll just need to get the game started in the next 30 minutes.

Bills are having Madden Disc Difficulty. PM me if you can sub for the Bills vs. Giants game. Otherwise, I'll just play the CPU late tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back