CAG PSN Gamesharing #2 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Miguel_Zorro']I didn't hear back from you on this, LizardKing1251. What's up?[/QUOTE]

I didn't know if you were being serious or not.... still don't.

since it wasn't taken so well, I decided not to do it.

if you are being serious, then one of my friends from the UK has ME2, but it might be region locked (don't know) I'll ask him if I can have his account for some money, but like I said it's a UK account and the DLC won't work, only the game, if that.

[quote name='djratchet']Assassin's Creed II DE is coming to PSN tomorrow for $29.99. Anyone up for a share of $6 a pop? I can't host.

1. (host)
2. djratchet

----------------------------------------------------

Shares 4 sale

[Prototype] + Trine - ($9)
Pacman CE DX + Microbot - ($4)
Dead Space: Extraction + Tumble - ($4)
Call of Duty: Classic - ($2)[/QUOTE]

Is there like a place that shows upcoming PSN games?

i really like this flood of full ps3 games in the store for DL.

That raffle thing was a jerkwad move in my opinion. In this thread we're all very fair with our dealings and people rarely, if ever, come in and try to make a profit.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']That raffle thing was a jerkwad move in my opinion. In this thread we're all very fair with our dealings and people rarely, if ever, come in and try to make a profit.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I never said I was doing it out of the goodness of my heart, you know? I clearly stated that I wanted to make money out of it. But people still chose to ignore that and bashed what I said, as if I wanted to cheat people.

[quote name='LizardKing1251']
a raffle, that's exactly what a raffle is about 'making profit' why else would I buy a game I don't want and why would I give it out for free? that's just silly.
[/QUOTE]
Who cares what a raffle is about? This thread isn't about making profit, so we don't do raffles. 99% of the time everyone here is very fair and buys and sells for what the content is worth, if not less.

[quote name='LizardKing1251']I agree, but I never said I was doing it out of the goodness of my heart, you know? I clearly stated that I wanted to make money out of it. But people still chose to ignore that and bashed what I said, as if I wanted to cheat people.[/QUOTE]
I deleted that post, I regretted my wording. You can delete your response if you want and i'll delete this one, just if you want to.

[quote name='LizardKing1251']I agree, but I never said I was doing it out of the goodness of my heart, you know? I clearly stated that I wanted to make money out of it. But people still chose to ignore that and bashed what I said, as if I wanted to cheat people.[/QUOTE]

I think they bashed you for trying to make money out of it. Then you somehow got all these accounts to sell from your 'friends', and now they're suspecting you've stooped to scamming. It's a logical thought process for a member who only joined this month, and one of the first things you did on this site was try to make money off us CAG's.

[quote name='rkrocks123']Alright, so I'm looking to start a PS1 classics share. It'll probably be 5 $5.99 games (for $30 total), though I would also like to add one of the Oddworld PS1 games in, depending on if I can even get a group going with five games. I've listed more than five games below, so we can drop whichever ones the other members least want. If you want to join this share, feel free to suggest other games to include in place of ones you already have/don't want.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert - $5.99
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped - $5.99
Crash Team Racing - $5.99
Medal of Honor - $5.99
MediEvil - $5.99
Metal Slug X - $5.99
Rayman 2: The Great Escape - $5.99
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage - $5.99
Spyro: Year of the Dragon - $5.99[/QUOTE]
I'd be interested in the first three Spyro games, plus any other two besides Crash Bandicoot (already have that).

[quote name='tenchim86']Costume Quest – $7.49
Deathspank Thongs of Virtue – $7.49
Hoard – $7.49
MotorStorm 3D Rift – $4.99
Peggle – $4.99
Space Invaders Infinity Gene – $4.99
Swords and Soliders – $4.99
Tumble – $4.99

Total: $47.50
$9.50 person for 8 games!

I'm looking to start a group before the sale ends this Tuesday. PM me or add yourself if you're interested.

1. tenchim86 (host)
2. xplocvo
3. Esoul
4. buffcorp
5.[/QUOTE]

I'm in. Other users by chance want to add in Shatter as well? Looks pretty good too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking of starting up a group for:

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics
Front Mission 3

and maybe just get every Squaresoft game that comes out? I know Threads of Fate, Xenogears and Vagrant Story are on the way.

If anyone wants to discuss this hit me with a PM.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Who cares what a raffle is about? This thread isn't about making profit, so we don't do raffles. 99% of the time everyone here is very fair and buys and sells for what the content is worth, if not less.[/QUOTE]Bingo. CAG isn't about making money for yourself at the expense of the community. CAG is about communing with other gamers to pool resources and information so that we can all practice our hobbies as efficiently as possible. When you come up with ideas like lotteries you're hurting the community for your own sake, so that's why everyone was pretty irritated at the idea.

[quote name='kataztrophik']I think they bashed you for trying to make money out of it. Then you somehow got all these accounts to sell from your 'friends', and now they're suspecting you've stooped to scamming. It's a logical thought process for a member who only joined this month, and one of the first things you did on this site was try to make money off us CAG's.[/QUOTE]

they bashed me for something I clearly stated in the beginning.

it is logical to think that, but even at QJ.net in the very early stages of me finding about gamesharing I traded things that didn't belong to me (they were my cousin's DLC, that he LET me trade) but now that I acquired most of the things I've wanted (like DLC, games... etc) I found about this site where people sell games/dlc and I thought I could make some money out of this by doing what I did at QJ.net. But in this case it would be friends accounts and the trade would be money.

You can even go to QJ.net and look at what I said when I barely had joined the forum, I said the account wasn't mine, it was my cousin's account and that he didn't mind me trading it for the things I wanted.

[quote name='Das_Regal']Bingo. CAG isn't about making money for yourself at the expense of the community. CAG is about communing with other gamers to pool resources and information so that we can all practice our hobbies as efficiently as possible. When you come up with ideas like lotteries you're hurting the community for your own sake, so that's why everyone was pretty irritated at the idea.[/QUOTE]

well, I apologize for what I said and you have to understand I barely joined this site and I had no idea what was allowed or not, you know.

I can vouch for lizard that the games were NOT purchased on stolen accounts. I bought from him and the games were purchased over a long period of time, not one day.

[quote name='iwarboY']this forum must beware of large accounts randomly entering for purchase. There have been and will be people who have stolen credit cards where they place $100.00 and $200.00 in PSN accounts and sell the the accounts on the internet.
What the buyer does: They purchase tons of conent and make themselves a nice little profit.
What is very likely(has been reported of happening)will result in the people associated with the stolen account having their PS3 becoming banned off PSN.
The banning doesn't happen instantly.
(just a heads up)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LizardKing1251']well, I apologize for what I said and you have to understand I barely joined this site and I had no idea what was allowed or not, you know.[/QUOTE]
And now you know the general culture that is shared in the CAG game share thread.

We buy/sell games not to gain a profit, but to achieve minimal loss [break-even when selling] or minimize cost when buying a share
puto
;)

The bigger issue was you trying to milk us for $250 for Mass Effect 2 IMO. Ten dollars an entry, per share, was outrageous when people are selling outright for twelve.

[quote name='NSYNC']The bigger issue was you trying to milk us for $250 for Mass Effect 2 IMO. Ten dollars an entry, per share, was outrageous when people are selling outright for twelve.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='LizardKing1251']hey everyone, I've been thinking about hosting a ME 2 raffle, it would be $5 per person and it would be a minimum of 5 people and maximum of 10.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:?

Söldner X2 + Space Invaders Infinity Gene + Hoard share = $3.8 per person

1. AkariK
2. cobolatrix
3. stvalmass
4. Tdwp_do0d

Last slot available, I say, last slot available, get in before it's too late!

[quote name='cRodz']Modern Combat: Domination Game Share Group

The game is like 8 bucks and plays like Counter-Strike [gun store at beginning of round, round-respawn, etc] but with knife-button and run-button.

so

1.60 per share.

1 - [Host]
2 - Hestar
3 -
4 - cRodz
5 - slayerxx1

We need a host!
Stop being a casual
drop down your caw of doodie and funfield bc 2
and...
play this game! :D[/QUOTE]

hey guys i have recently bought enough games these past few days so i think im good off this one. Im out

i don't care for ALL those FF games willard, but I'm definitely a big fan of FFT, Front Mission and Vagrant Story

I could probably play through FFVII ...... for the first time

Nothing personal Lizard. I just had a "WTF" moment when I saw your Mass Effect 2 raffle. I have no problem buying/trading with you in the future.

Anyone intrested in all the LBP (I & II) Costumes n Levels (minus a few Marvel, street fighter wipeout costumes) and red dead redemption DLC? PM me with offers. It's $220 worth of stuff. :)

[quote name='Rosterking']Anyone intrested in all the LBP (I & II) Costumes n Levels (minus a few Marvel, street fighter wipeout costumes) and red dead redemption DLC? PM me with offers. It's $220 worth of stuff. :)[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, theres that much LBP DLC? o.0

Costume Quest – $7.49
Deathspank Thongs of Virtue – $7.49
Hoard – $7.49
MotorStorm 3D Rift – $4.99
Peggle – $4.99
Space Invaders Infinity Gene – $4.99
Swords and Soliders – $4.99
Tumble – $4.99

Total: $47.50

I'm looking to start a group before the sale ends this Tuesday. PM me or add yourself if you're interested.

1. tenchim86 (host)
2. xplocvo
3. Esoul
4. buffcorp
5. sky03

Thanks for joining everyone! Games will be ready soon!

nicely said Das_regal from page 216, im still not playing as much ME2. hectic time for me but is quite a big game. im afraid i will lose my save file. anyway spllintercell and pop has a digital download trilogy of each game of 40 bux. just throwing it in there

Don't sweat it Lizard, do a little community service (put a few preorder DLCs on a gameshare and hand them out for free) and your rep will be fine. I don't hate you over something as simple as that, but I think we all have a vested interest in making sure CAG remains a mutually beneficial community.

[quote name='tenchim86']costume quest – $7.49
deathspank thongs of virtue – $7.49
hoard – $7.49
motorstorm 3d rift – $4.99
peggle – $4.99
space invaders infinity gene – $4.99
swords and soliders – $4.99
tumble – $4.99

total: $47.50

i'm looking to start a group before the sale ends this tuesday. Pm me or add yourself if you're interested.

1. Tenchim86 (host)
2. Xplocvo
3. Esoul
4. Buffcorp
5. Sky03

only one spot left! Games will be purchased tonight and account info sent out. Join soon![/quote]

ill join! Pm me

[quote name='cobolatrix']Söldner X2 + Space Invaders Infinity Gene + Hoard share = $3.8 per person

1. AkariK
2. cobolatrix
3. stvalmass
4. Tdwp_do0d
5. evantrees

Last slot available, I say, las slot available, get in before it's too late![/QUOTE]

think I'm willing to give in and join, was going to offer to host but would be stuck paying 5% tax which bumps it up to about 4$ a share, but looks like someone else stepped up hurray.

Costume Quest + grubbins on ice DLC for sale :) $2.50 .. only purchased this game here a few days ago and couldn't stop playing /100% trophies, uber fun, highly addictive rpg + DLC

[quote name='djratchet']Assassin's Creed II DE is coming to PSN tomorrow for $29.99. Anyone up for a share of $6 a pop? I can't host.

1. (host)
2. djratchet
3. kilogram3

1. ........... (host)
2. djratchet
3. kilogram3
4. meeek?
[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it has sequence 12 & 13?

I'd be up if our BR saves work and if I can resell the bluray more than $6 lol

Originally Posted by PlanetIndigo
I have a couple questions regarding gamesharing and the backup/data transfer utility:
- when you use the backup function to backup to an external HDD then restore it to a different PS3, will it transfers over all the users and demos/games as well? Do you have to manually log back in each user to activate the content on the new PS3?
- how about the data transfer function? (when you connect the two systems with an ethernet cable).
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Backup will transfer the users and, as far as I know, all of the the games & demos. You will have to activate the accounts again though. Same with Data Transfer, and I know for sure that this copies ALL content.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thank you for the info. So it looks like there's no way to move the games to a new PS3 if you have forgotten the password or lost touch with the person you traded with? If so, bummer... :(
(also, if anyone reading this knows for sure if games/demos get transferred when you use backup and restore on a new different PS3, please let me know and post or PM me)

Updated

[quote name='daripa']Looking to sell 3 shares of an account that i will no longer be using as my main account.

Dead Nation
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game + Knives DLC
Pain
TV Show King
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - Episodes 2 - 5
Uncharted 2 GOTY DLC

$10 paypal

Episode 1 is available but expires with PS+

55 days left on PS+[/QUOTE]

Already have them bought, PM me.

2 shares
Pacman DX
Microbots
4$
4$
-----------------------
1 share left
Disgaea 3 complete DLC
10$

[quote name='DoReiRei']Already have them bought, PM me.

2 shares
Pacman DX
Microbots
4$
4$
-----------------------
1 share left
Disgaea 3 complete DLC
10$[/QUOTE]

I'll trade you a share of mine for a share of your alien breed and pacman/microbots shares if you're interested.

[quote name='meeek']I'm guessing it has sequence 12 & 13?

I'd be up if our BR saves work and if I can resell the bluray more than $6 lol[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe it does.

-------------------------
Shares 4 Sale

Pacman CE DX + Microbot - $4
Call of Duty Classic - $2
[Prototype] + Trine - $9

[quote name='PlanetIndigo']Alright, thank you for the info. So it looks like there's no way to move the games to a new PS3 if you have forgotten the password or lost touch with the person you traded with? If so, bummer... :(
(also, if anyone reading this knows for sure if games/demos get transferred when you use backup and restore on a new different PS3, please let me know and post or PM me)[/QUOTE]

Keep a spreadsheet with the accunt info and host

[quote name='jgiovanni']Keep a spreadsheet with the accunt info and host[/QUOTE]

yep this is exactly what i do along with passwords to the e-mail accounts used in creating the psn profile in case someone resets the pw

anyone interested in:
Scott Pilgrim (+DLC), Burnout Paradise, FFIX (PS1), PAIN (+DLC), Spryo Year of The Dragon (PS1), Castlevania Chronicles (PS1), Rag Doll Kung Fu, Wolfenstein 3D, Silent Hill (PS1), RE2 (PS1), Marvel vs Capcom 2, MK II, Fat Princess and Wipeout HD

$10 Paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back