CAG PSN Gamesharing - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've bought several dozen RB songs from another CAGer over the last few months. An album here, a few tracks there, etc.

Now, none of the song I bought from them is working. When I try to play it I get a message like:

"The song content you are trying to access has become unavailable"

Not good news right?

If I was one of the first 5 to share the content, and it has worked in the past, why wouldn't it work now? I haven't changed my harddrive or anything like that.

I have no reason to believe this person I shared with intentionally tried to screw me. Everything has been fine going back 4+ months.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks

Dr. SP

I talked to the original owner. He suggested I redownload the songs. I tired a few and one was enough to make everything come back. Weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']I've bought several dozen RB songs from another CAGer over the last few months. An album here, a few tracks there, etc.

Now, none of the song I bought from them is working. When I try to play it I get a message like:

"The song content you are trying to access has become unavailable"

Not good news right?

If I was one of the first 5 to share the content, and it has worked in the past, why wouldn't it work now? I haven't changed my harddrive or anything like that.

I have no reason to believe this person I shared with intentionally tried to screw me. Everything has been fine going back 4+ months.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks

Dr. SP[/quote]

Did you delete the user from your PS3s user list?

I want to start a gaming group, a long term one... but not having to get everything that comes out. No DLC unless the game was a group purchase & all future games would be voted on by the group. The initial buy in would be $29 a person and would include the following games:

Flock! (on the 9th)
Noby Noby Boy
Flower
Worms
Brain Challenge + Add-on Pack
Lemmings
The Last Guy
Mahjong Tales
Everyday Shooter
Prince of Persia Classic
SSFII Turbo HD Remix
Zuma

Now I realize that some people will already have some of those, but I think $29 is a great deal to have the ones you don't... plus 1/5th the price on all future group purchases.

PM me ASAP if you're interested. Serious people only & able to add their share as soon as I get 5 total for the group.

EDIT: Someone mentioned to me in another forum that it's not worth it if a person may only want two of the games listed. My reply was as follows:

If there's only two games a person REALLY wants, getting 10 extra titles for only $9 more is a pretty GREAT friggin' deal. And like was stated, only 1/5th the price for each game the group gets thereafter. If 10 games came to the PSN in a single month, each were $10, and the group wanted to get all 10... it would only be $20 a person! Even if not everyone likes ALL the games - it's still a crapload better than paying $100 by yourself.

What I'm saying is that this is still a great deal even if a person doesn't care about ALL the games, or they already have a few of them. If not for the buy in price alone (only $2.90 per game), then it's still great for future purchases.

It's not a matter of if someone wants to play all the games, it's a matter of an outstanding deal.

Still looking to start a long term Rock Band DLC group. If any one is interested post here or send me a PM.

I was thinking:
-$15 each a month (either everyone log on and deposit money into the PS wallet or send me though paypal, though fees would have to be added)
-Concentrate mostly on new releases, and old releases that everyone in the group wants.
-Each member gets $5 worth of veto votes each month in case there is some DLC that they want that everyone else doesn't really want. (Optional and open for discussion)
-Hopefully eventually get all Rock Band DLC
-Can also do game shares of certain games if *all* members agree. Extra money would have to be deposited for game shares.

Any one interested?

[quote name='helmet']Since the other group worked out so well, I'm willing to host another until I can find a long term group. :D

This time I'm looking for members for..

Flower

Slots Available: [2/5] ($10.00/$5.00/$3.33/$2.50/$2.00)
1) helmet
2) SeanAmI
3)
4)
5)

Buy in is $2.00 ($2.37 with fees)[/quote]

Well that long term seems interesting.....im in if you can get 3 others. But damn I wanted those SF IV costumes:cry:

If it makes anything easier, I'd be willing to start out with just 3 games. Flower, Burn Zombie Burn, and Flock. That would make it roughly $6 a person to get the group started & purchase those - depending on how much Flock! costs on Thursday. After that the group would be voting on which games to get & would take a 3 out of 5 votes for a "yes". If it gets a "no" vote with a 2 out of 5... those two people could decide if they want to split it two ways and still get it for the group, resulting in still saving $ over purchasing it yourself.

Anyone want in for $6-$7 with those 3 to start out with? All three games for less than the price of one of them. I already have the PSN account created, just need the people. PM me if interested, and again... only SERIOUS & long term people wanted.

[quote name='Dammenion']Long Term DLC group still looking for one more member.

$10 buy in gets you Prince of Persia: Epilogue, Mirror's Edge Pure Time Trials, Resistance 2 map and skin packs. We do a majority vote system.

If Interested let me know.[/quote]

I'm interested let me know

[quote name='ItsMeMark']Looking for four people interested in spending $22, each, on the PSN. This is 8 games in one account. Warning: If you join this group you may end up paying for games you already have, but you will be able to compress them into one account and delete old ones. Not to mention it is 8 games for $22... Of course I can increase the number of games but I'm thinking each person may choose one $10 game to add to the group buy. Subject to group discussion but I will make the final "fair" decision.

1) SF2:HDR (?)
2) Megaman 9 (?)
3) Burn Zombie Burn
4) Savage Moon
5) ???
6) ???
7) ???
8) ???

Also available, PAIN for $2.75. Two slots left on that. This is a standalone account and ready for download.

I will be coordinating this with two forums so the slots should fill quickly. Timestamps will be checked for seniority so please decide.[/QUOTE]

I will join the big group for sure. (even though I own Savage Moon)

[quote name='helmet']Since the other group worked out so well, I'm willing to host another until I can find a long term group. :D

This time I'm looking for members for..

Flower

Slots Available: [2/5] ($10.00/$5.00/$3.33/$2.50/$2.00)
1) helmet
2) SeanAmI
3)
4)
5)

Buy in is $2.00 ($2.37 with fees)[/QUOTE]

Count me in :hot:

Alright chodax.

Yeah guys this is a long term group I'm starting. We have a few slots left. Buy in is $22 for 8 games.

[quote name='ItsMeMark']
Looking for four people interested in spending a bulk amount on the PSN. This is 8 games in one account and should help reduce the account clutter.

Warning: If you join this group you may end up paying for games you already have, but you will be able to compress them into one account and delete old ones to save space.

It is 8 games for $22... Of course I can increase the number of games but I'm thinking each person may choose one game to add to the group buy. Subject to group discussion.

1) Burn Zombie Burn
2) Savage Moon
3) ???
4) ???
5) ???
6) ???
7) ???
8) ???

I will be coordinating this with two extremely active forums so the slots should fill quickly. Timestamps will be checked for seniority so please decide.[/QUOTE]

Added you. :D

Flower
Slots Available: [3/5] ($10.00/$5.00/$3.33/$2.50/$2.00)
1) helmet
2) SeanAmI
3) chodax
4)
5)

Just need two more! If the other members are interested though, we could turn this group into a multi purchase group to save some slots.

[quote name='ItsMeMark']Looking for four people interested in spending $22, each, on the PSN. This is 8 games in one account. Warning: If you join this group you may end up paying for games you already have, but you will be able to compress them into one account and delete old ones. Not to mention it is 8 games for $22... Of course I can increase the number of games but I'm thinking each person may choose one $10 game to add to the group buy. Subject to group discussion but I will make the final "fair" decision.

1) SF2:HDR (?)
2) Megaman 9 (?)
3) Burn Zombie Burn
4) Savage Moon
5) ???
6) ???
7) ???
8) ???

Also available, PAIN for $2.75. Two slots left on that. This is a standalone account and ready for download.

I will be coordinating this with two forums so the slots should fill quickly. Timestamps will be checked for seniority so please decide.[/quote]

I'd like in!

I'm interested in buying Pixel Junk Monsters, Everyday Shooter, Echochrome, Super Stardust HD (in that order) because I'm a little late to the PS3 game but if the majority of you guys have all those I'll search for an alternative. All the games listed so far look good to me. pm me the details.

Anybody interested in splitting the followng? My other long-term groups don't have enough votes for em

Super Stardust HD
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Pixeljunk Eden and expansion
Siren: Blood Curse
Magic Ball
Prince of Persia HD
Lumines Supernova

Flower, Burn Zombie Burn, and Flock!. $10 a person for to get the group started & purchase those - depending on how much Flock! costs on Thursday.

Long term game group. No Rock Band or Guitar Hero DLC & no other DLC unless it's for a game that was a group purchase. All future games will be be purchased with a majority wins voting system. Payment method is up to the individual & can be either via PSN card, personal CC, or by sending the funds to my PayPal account & I will add it to the group.

Three spots left. Serious & committed people only.

1 - myself
2 - quasidodo
3 - ?
4 - ?
5 - ?

Anyone interested in joining a Long Term Share group, that's focus will be to purchase games & some DLC (no music dlc) that You Wanted, but Your Other LT Share group wouldn't approve or wasn't interested in?

Here are some of the details:
1. No Rock Band / Guitar Hero DLC
2. $20 PSN cards will be required (saves tax)
(5 members @ $20ea= $100 budget for purchases)
3. Only 2/3 or 4 times a year will we make purchases
That will mean we'll have 5 members = $20ea. total of $100 to Spendtax)
4. Items purchased will be mutually agreed on.

if your interested drop me a pm (we'll discuss things further, thanx)

[quote name='zenithyoda']Anyone interested in an PAIN DLC group? All the DLC they have is 30 bucks, so if I can get 4 other peeps it should be 6... something. I don't get the whole paypal difference in payment yet.

anyways, PM if you are interested

Pain DLC = 30 /15 / 10 / 7.5 / 6
1 . Zenithyoda
2. jamezuva
[/QUOTE]

:)

i was wondering, if i pay someone using pay-pal and they account was full is there anyway to get my money back? please help....... message me or post here

[quote name='Romis']Anyone interested in joining a Long Term Share group, that's focus will be to purchase games & some DLC (no music dlc) that You Wanted, but Your Other LT Share group wouldn't approve or wasn't interested in?

if your interested drop me a pm (we'll discuss things further, thanx)[/quote]

Not sure how something like that would work out well. How do interested parties know what everyone elses group has, has not, will, or will not be purchasing? Sounds like you may be better off joining my group posted above yours. ;)

[quote name='Romis']Anyone interested in joining a Long Term Share group, that's focus will be to purchase games & some DLC (no music dlc) that You Wanted, but Your Other LT Share group wouldn't approve or wasn't interested in?

if your interested drop me a pm (we'll discuss things further, thanx)[/quote]

That sounds like a pretty damn cool idea but it'd be hard to organize.

Anybody looking for R&C:QfB? I'm still looking for SF2:HDRemix or Tekken 5:DR.

Looking for three people interested in spending a bulk amount on the PSN. This is 8 games in one account and should help reduce the account clutter.

Warning: If you join this group you may end up paying for games you already have, but you will be able to compress them into one account and delete old ones to save space.

It is 8 games for $22... Of course I can increase the number of games but I'm thinking each person may choose one game to add to the group buy. Subject to group discussion. We will be chatting on AIM to get a final decision so you will have a say in the action!

1) Burn Zombie Burn
2) Savage Moon
3) ???
4) ???
5) ???
6) ???
7) ???
8) ???

I will be coordinating this with two extremely active forums so the slots should fill quickly. Timestamps will be checked for seniority so please decide.

We have three maybe people who will join up if the member slot fills. Anyone want to help out and commit? All it takes is one to tip the scale and we can get this group moving. (Are we allowed 12 hour bumps since this is a sticky? If not, I'll switch to daily bumps until the slots fill.)

I have 1 share left on my RB DLC account. It includes the following songs:

Laid to rest
Black Sabbath pack 1
Boston pack 1
Forever
Kids aren't alright
Move along
Dammit
beethovens c***
all the small things
under the bridge
snow ()hey oh
self esteem
number of the beast
hysteria
constant motion
byob
attack
live forever
damnation game
caprici di diabl
oreal world
don't speak
are you dead yet?

and the rb1 export key!

I'm interested in more RB songs so drop me a PM if u wanna gameshare!

[quote name='ItsMeMark']We have three maybe people who will join up if the member slot fills. Anyone want to help out and commit? All it takes is one to tip the scale and we can get this group moving. (Are we allowed 12 hour bumps since this is a sticky? If not, I'll switch to daily bumps until the slots fill.)[/quote]

Is this long term, or just a straight 8 games?

[quote name='zenithyoda']Anyone interested in an PAIN DLC group? All the DLC they have is 30 bucks, so if I can get 4 other peeps it should be 6... something. I don't get the whole paypal difference in payment yet.

anyways, PM if you are interested

Pain DLC = 30 /15 / 10 / 7.5 / 6
1 . Zenithyoda
2. jamezuva
3. doubledown
[/QUOTE]

:)

I'm looking for at least 1 more person

[quote name='candy-o']i was wondering, if i pay someone using pay-pal and they account was full is there anyway to get my money back? please help....... message me or post here[/quote]

I'm surprised no one has said anything. o:

Contact the person who sold you access to their account and see if they will refund payment, otherwise you'll have to file a claim with Paypal.

Edit: No sense in wasting the space.

Flower
1) helmet
2) SeanAmI
3) chodax
4)
5)

[quote name='ItsMeMark']We have three maybe people who will join up if the member slot fills. Anyone want to help out and commit? All it takes is one to tip the scale and we can get this group moving. (Are we allowed 12 hour bumps since this is a sticky? If not, I'll switch to daily bumps until the slots fill.)[/QUOTE]

It's cool I will be bumping it too :cool:

Let's get some more people in this so I can get some games!

One question about the whole sharing. Lets say my regular account is "Player1" and I want to start a group and decided to create a new account on my PS3: "Player2". Because the content bought by Player 2 is on the same PS3 is it considered sharing between Player1 and Player2? Can I share Player2 content with 3 or 4 more ppl?
LOL, complicated post

[quote name='Morphine']One question about the whole sharing. Lets say my regular account is "Player1" and I want to start a group and decided to create a new account on my PS3: "Player2". Because the content bought by Player 2 is on the same PS3 is it considered sharing between Player1 and Player2? Can I share Player2 content with 3 or 4 more ppl?
LOL, complicated post[/quote]

You will be able to share the content of Player 2 with 4 other people.

Each account can be activated on 5 different PS3's. So when you create Player 2 that account will be activated on your PS3, and you will be able to use the content bought using Player 2 on any account you have on your PS3, without it being considered a share. You can still activate Player 2 on another 4 PS3's, AKA share with another 4 people.

Since I already posted:

Still looking to start a long term Rock Band DLC group. If any one is interested post here or send me a PM.

I was thinking:
-$15 each a month (either everyone log on and deposit money into the PS wallet or send me though paypal, though fees would have to be added)
-Concentrate mostly on new releases, and old releases that everyone in the group wants.
-Each member gets $5 worth of veto votes each month in case there is some DLC that they want that everyone else doesn't really want. (Optional and open for discussion)
-Can also do game shares of certain games if *all* members agree. Extra money would have to be deposited for game shares.

Any one interested?

[quote name='d3adliner']Not sure how something like that would work out well. How do interested parties know what everyone elses group has, has not, will, or will not be purchasing? Sounds like you may be better off joining my group posted above yours. ;)[/QUOTE]

Basically, my idea is for the group can form a list by having the members make wish lists , do this every so many months. Sure, there will be a time a member wants a game someone may already have but vote yes for that game that person will return the favor when its the other way around, sort of "Quid pro quo" (to quote, Dr. Hannibal Lecter 1991) Plus, if we limit it to say 2 games per time thats only $4 each (if a $9.99 game) It will help those who have those 1 game accounts
oh and by the way..thanks for response even though its sort of negative it was a way to try to recruit me.. ;)

[quote name='Be3fJerky']That sounds like a pretty damn cool idea but it'd be hard to organize. ......[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response, but I don't see it much harder than any other group. Add in the fact I've already gotten a share group started once and it's still up and going. The key is for any type of group to communicate well and work as a team.

I think if you were to factor in 5 peoples personal games, plus games aquired through their gameshare, PLUS 3 month wait until GS group 2 meets up- you'd find out that there were no games of mutual interest.

A few months ago when we started our gameshare group, we made a spreadsheet of all PSN titles, and checked off everything that we already owned. It ended up that anything worth buying was already purchased by at least 2 people in the group.

If you wanted to do some sort of "proof of concept", i'd be more than happy to sit in.

[quote name='nbballard']I think if ...... It ended up that anything worth buying was already purchased by at least 2 people in the group.

If you wanted to do some sort of "proof of concept", i'd be more than happy to sit in.[/QUOTE]

if your talking to me, I'm not really interested in getting that specific in the facts.
But there are a few things to consider:
1. 2 out of 5 is not a majority
2. Agreeing to a game you have but others don't sets up a "quib pro qou" agreement
3. Considering the typical cost to each member is $2 on a $10 game, the benefit to have a large number of games in one account to me personally is worth a duplicate purchase.

I'm not debating the issue though its all up to the gamer ;)

[quote name='helmet']

Flower
1) helmet
2) SeanAmI
3) chodax
4)
5)[/quote]

I'm in for Flower. I don't use PayPal, but as long as I can log in to a PSN account and deposit some money with my credit card, I can do it. If not, don't worry about it. I've only been downloading demos and trailers off PSN and haven't actually purchased anything or used a PSN wallet yet.

[quote name='helmet']I'm surprised no one has said anything. o:

Contact the person who sold you access to their account and see if they will refund payment, otherwise you'll have to file a claim with Paypal.

Edit: No sense in wasting the space.

Flower
1) helmet
2) SeanAmI
3) chodax
4)
5)[/quote]
I'd be glad to join in, but I've never gameshared before. I'd need to read up on it or get a detailed explanation.

Great. :D

First page should have some info, PM if you have any questions! But after I receive payment from all the members, I'll buy the game and distribute login info. After that all you need to do is make a new user account on your PS3, login to account I made, download the game and keep the user account on your PS3.

Flower
Slots Available: [4/5] ($10.00/$5.00/$3.33/$2.50/$2.00)
1) helmet
2) SeanAmI
3) chodax
4) Devil May Cry
5)

[quote name='helmet']Great. :D

First page should have some info, PM if you have any questions! But after I receive payment from all the members, I'll buy the game and distribute login info. After that all you need to do is make a new user account on your PS3, login to account I made, download the game and keep the user account on your PS3.

Flower
Slots Available: [4/5] ($10.00/$5.00/$3.33/$2.50/$2.00)
1) helmet
2) SeanAmI
3) chodax
4) Devil May Cry
5)[/quote]

I'll fill the 5th Flower Spot if I can use a credit card to pay my portion of it. PM Sent.

Flower
Slots Available: [5/5] ($10.00/$5.00/$3.33/$2.50/$2.00)
1) helmet
2) SeanAmI
3) chodax
4) Devil May Cry
5) aaronmills

All full for twirly petals game. :D PM's going out.

[quote name='Romis']Basically, my idea is for the group can form a list by having the members make wish lists , do this every so many months. Sure, there will be a time a member wants a game someone may already have but vote yes for that game that person will return the favor when its the other way around, sort of "Quid pro quo" (to quote, Dr. Hannibal Lecter 1991) Plus, if we limit it to say 2 games per time thats only $4 each (if a $9.99 game) It will help those who have those 1 game accounts
oh and by the way..thanks for response even though its sort of negative it was a way to try to recruit me.. ;) [/quote]

I actually would be more than happy to join, except for the fact that there's a pretty good chance that the group would never get any of the big name titles due to the fact that the other groups would more than likely already have them. I'm seriously not trying to persuade you from creating your own group, but I just think a lot of people already in groups wouldn't be that interested...where people that aren't would be - with the exception of what I already stated... there's no incentive to join something that will more than likely not get any of the big name games.

Which is why I suggested you fill one of the 3 remaining spots in my group. There's a pretty good number of titles I'd like to have that I don't already have which I'll list here: 1942, Age of Booty, Brain Challenge, Cuboid, Elefunk, Flow, Geon, Go! Suduko, The Last Guy, Lemmings, Mahjong Tales, Powerup Forever, PoP Classic... and more.

But then we'd be back to square one. I'd still like to get new releases under the same group & you wouldn't because your other group will prolly already grab it.

[quote name='ItsMeMark']We have three maybe people who will join up if the member slot fills. Anyone want to help out and commit? All it takes is one to tip the scale and we can get this group moving. (Are we allowed 12 hour bumps since this is a sticky? If not, I'll switch to daily bumps until the slots fill.)[/quote]

I'm in. :)

Also, i have a question to clarify about gamesharing because this sounds too good to be true (i'm a new ps3 owner)
So if i join a shared account (sharing with 4 other ps3's), i still can make another account for the purpose of sharing with 5 more people and so on and so on? I.e. lots of shared accounts = LOTS of games on my ps3 that i paid 1/5 for?

Also, if someone devious changes the password on the gameshare account, preventing the others from logging in with it. Does it matter, given the account is still on your system? (with the exception of the risk of not being able to re-download games if you lose them)

Yeah, gamesharing is awesome. All psn downloads are tied to a psn account, and all psn accounts can only be activated at once in five playstation systems. If you join a shared account and that account has already been activated in five systems, then no other system will be able to activate that account and use the content. I believe you can have up to 16 user slots in a ps3 and every user can have a different psn account tied to it. In theory, you could have up to sixteen shares; however, I suggest you find a long-term group. The more accounts you have going on, the harder it will be to associate what is tied with what down the road. (Although you could just look it up)

If someone devious changes the password on the gameshare account (no self-respecting cag would do that to you, unless it is their own psn account they are sharing), the only consequence that action would carry is your inability to redownload the content. As long as you do not delete the user tied to that psn account, the content should still be available

PS: It appears you are European, I just wanted you to be aware that the American store and the European store are different. NTSC DLC will not work for PAL games and vice versa. Full Psn games work; however, some are region locked.

[quote name='IceSharktank']
PS: It appears you are European, I just wanted you to be aware that the American store and the European store are different. NTSC DLC will not work for PAL games and vice versa. Full Psn games work; however, some are region locked.[/quote]

Does anyone have specific examples of region locked PSN full titles? I can't seem to find info in forums about this except for the Uncharted and Resistance demos, and MKII online play (as if).

Thanks for the info, and the heads up about NTSC downloadable content. As long as most full psn games work, it should still be beneficial for me to gameshare.

Perhaps this info could be added to the first page FAQ, it may encourage more non-US members to team up.

Still looking to start a Rock Band long term DLC group

Any one interested?

Also, even though it is 2 months away, I am also looking to start a Rock Band PSP DLC sharing group to keep up with, what I assume will be weekly, DLC releases. Would any one be interested in that?

[quote name='TheToiletDuck']Does anyone have specific examples of region locked PSN full titles? I can't seem to find info in forums about this except for the Uncharted and Resistance demos, and MKII online play (as if).

Thanks for the info, and the heads up about NTSC downloadable content. As long as most full psn games work, it should still be beneficial for me to gameshare.

Perhaps this info could be added to the first page FAQ, it may encourage more non-US members to team up.[/quote]

AFAIK only some DLC is effected, LBP is the only example that comes to mind. I've shared with EU people before and have the EU versions of Pain, and 2 PS1 Crash titles, both work fine on my US system.

if your interested drop me a pm (we'll discuss things further, thanx)[/QUOTE]

Update: I've spoken with 3 potential members
1. myself, 2. a fellow member of my other group, 3. a fellow who enjoys "cheap games"
still need 2
4. ??
5. ??

[quote name='candy-o']i just made a account with burn zombie and ragdolls
im looking for flock[/quote]

I'll trade you for Burn Zombie and Ragdoll

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back