Call of Duty 4 Details Leaked

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://igo.ampednews.com/news/4832/

A reliable source close to the Call of Duty development teams has revealed not only the existence of Call of Duty 4, but vital details surrounding the game as well, including the fact that it will be based on modern combat.

According to our source, Call of Duty 4 will be developed by Infinity Ward, the developer behind the first and second installments. The three-way deal established between Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Activision states that Infinity Ward will develop all even numbered titles while Treyarch develops the odd numbered games, such as Call of Duty 3. Treyarch did develop Call of Duty 2: Big Red One as well, however.

As aforementioned, Call of Duty 4 is said to step away from the war torn locales of World War II, instead focusing on the battlefields of present day. It is unknown if it will take the same path as Electronic Arts’ Battlefield franchise, placing the spotlight on the Middle East.

The source compared Call of Duty 4’s technical achievements to other games saying that while most shooters have two or three critical points on the head, Call of Duty 4 has 16, saying that you can shoot the side of an opponent’s helmet to make it spin on their head, or knock the helmet clean off. Supposedly you will even be able to shoot an enemy’s ear off.

Although Call of Duty’s single player has always been a mainstay of the franchise, the multiplayer is certainly something to write home about. Our source has said that there have been multiplayer bouts with 54 players. PC gamers will be happy to know that they will be able to join the action once again, as Infinity Ward is supposed to be bringing Call of Duty 4 to the PC as well as consoles. Call of Duty 3 is only available on consoles and eventually the PSP.

Activision press representatives were unavailable to confirm or deny these reports; however, Amped IGO will continue attempts to gain verification.
Wow, I can't wait to see this game in action.

[quote name='anomynous']good, so now the franchise is switching between good and bad every year[/QUOTE]

?

Call of Duty 3, just judging from people's reactions on the 360 board, is an awesome game.

CoD 2 just dropped to 20 bucks this week at BB, yet CoD3 is around the corner even though CoD2 came out last year. WTF. CoD1 was a good game , but that expansion was hard as hell..I really thought there was going to be an expansion for CoD2, but I guess CoD3 then 4 is coming up :whistle2:|

[quote name='ITDEFX']CoD 2 just dropped to 20 bucks this week at BB, yet CoD3 is around the corner even though CoD2 came out last year. WTF. CoD1 was a good game , but that expansion was hard as hell..I really thought there was going to be an expansion for CoD2, but I guess CoD3 then 4 is coming up :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

There will be no CoD 3 for the PC.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']i'm not sure what this means.[/QUOTE]

I think it's because Ubisoft announces new games in a series before the new game on the shelf even has time to settle.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']i'm not sure what this means.[/QUOTE]
Splinter Cell is handled by 2 different teams.

[quote name='anomynous']good, so now the franchise is switching between good and bad every year[/quote]

So how many good years before they have a bad year?

CoD3 is one of the finest I've played in the series.

[quote name='Roufuss']I think it's because Ubisoft announces new games in a series before the new game on the shelf even has time to settle.[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote name='help1']Exactly.[/QUOTE]

does this sound like the Madden series to you? We know EA Sports is already working on 2008, 2009, and 2010 editions... its too bad no former EA Sports employee can ever come out and say its all true! :whistle2:(

[quote name='ITDEFX']does this sound like the Madden series to you? We know EA Sports is already working on 2008, 2009, and 2010 editions... its too bad no former EA Sports employee can ever come out and say its all true! :whistle2:([/quote]

Well, yes.

i hope this doesnt take place in Iraq or Afghanistan. COD3 is beyond awesome but count me out if this is about the current conflicts. not a political reason, just more of a no great legends or myths kind of thing.

[quote name='mtxbass1']So how many good years before they have a bad year?

CoD3 is one of the finest I've played in the series.[/QUOTE]
Infinty Ward=good, Treyarch= crap

[quote name='anomynous']Infinty Ward=good, Treyarch= crap[/QUOTE]

Yea, because judging by your Gamercard, you sure have played Call of Duty 3 :roll:

Call of duty 3 has a 84% average on Game Rankings, while Call of Duty 2 has a 90%, but alot of them has to be attributed to launch day hype blowing up the score by a little bit. Still, even a 6 point difference is hardly the means to say that Treyarch = crap.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']More like Call of Duty 2008[/QUOTE]

no wait for it...wait for it.

Call of Duty 2008 with Collectors Edition Tin and sampler soundtrack and 2 extra bonus levels for only 10 bucks more! :whistle2:O

A reliable source close to the Call of Duty development teams has revealed not only the existence of Call of Duty 4, but vital details surrounding the game as well, including the fact that it will be based on modern combat.

According to our source, Call of Duty 4 will be developed by Infinity Ward, the developer behind the first and second installments. The three-way deal established between Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Activision states that Infinity Ward will develop all even numbered titles while Treyarch develops the odd numbered games, such as Call of Duty 3. Treyarch did develop Call of Duty 2: Big Red One as well, however.

As aforementioned, Call of Duty 4 is said to step away from the war torn locales of World War II, instead focusing on the battlefields of present day. It is unknown if it will take the same path as Electronic Arts’ Battlefield franchise, placing the spotlight on the Middle East.

The source compared Call of Duty 4’s technical achievements to other games saying that while most shooters have two or three critical points on the head, Call of Duty 4 has 16, saying that you can shoot the side of an opponent’s helmet to make it spin on their head, or knock the helmet clean off. Supposedly you will even be able to shoot an enemy’s ear off.

Although Call of Duty’s single player has always been a mainstay of the franchise, the multiplayer is certainly something to write home about. Our source has said that there have been multiplayer bouts with 54 players. PC gamers will be happy to know that they will be able to join the action once again, as Infinity Ward is supposed to be bringing Call of Duty 4 to the PC as well as consoles. Call of Duty 3 is only available on consoles and eventually the PSP.

Activision press representatives were unavailable to confirm or deny these reports; however, Amped IGO will continue attempts to gain verification.
http://igo.ampednews.com/news/4832

It seems a little early but it could be true. 54 seems huge, but then again, if they are going out for a realistic war game, 54 seems small ;)

That even/odd setup is kinda nice for us, as it means we get new Call of Duty games all the time, but they all have about 2 years in oven.

It would be pretty cool if that happened to you if your speakers on that side got really loud and then went completely silent.

[quote name='shipwreck']It would be pretty cool if that happened to you if your speakers on that side got really loud and then went completely silent.[/quote] 5.1 Dolby Digital FTW

while most shooters have two or three critical points on the head, Call of Duty 4 has 16, saying that you can shoot the side of an opponent’s helmet to make it spin on their head, or knock the helmet clean off. Supposedly you will even be able to shoot an enemy’s ear off.

Number of people who care about this during the pre-hype era = many
Number of people who care about this once the game comes out = none

54 players online? Not on XBox Live.

I know they have been at least working on the PC version of Call of Duty 4 for quite a while, at least 8-12 months so far. I wouldn't be surprised if we see this come out by next summer.

bread's done
Back