[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I just got ripped.

With a trade 3 - get 1 free, you're not supposed to pay taxes right?

I trade 3 for 1 and sold fable 2, l4d and nhl 09 for 37 dollars each.
The guy deducted taxes from my total! Dammit!!!

I'll have to go back to EB tonite!

I traded the 3 games, told him it was for a 3 for 1. Then traded the 3 games for 37$ each. The guy put all of it on the same bill, and deducted taxes from it.

Did he gave you the extra credit on to an edge card? Because look at this. You traded 3 games of $37 dollars each. $37 x 3 = $111. A trade 3 games for 1 deal gives you a 59.99 game or a 69.99 game. You are actually losing money if you are doing that deal. I think the employee was helping you so you won't lose money. That is around 30 dollars difference. Then he used the $111 and used it on the game you bought. So you have to add taxes on a new game. If you didn't get the credit on an edge card, I think you should tell him. This is what I think about this situation. =\ Unless someone can say that there are no taxes on a new game after using edge card credit? =O

No no. I traded 6 games total. I told him to take the below 15$ games for a trade 3 for 1 (Riddick! yay!) and put the rest (111$) on a edge card.

He added all of this on the same bill, put the 3 t3g1 games on the bill a 19.99$ each (which gives me around 59.99$) but then substracted the taxes from the remaining 111$ dollars.

[quote name='neksus']Hmm I just had an update for $15 for wartech as of the 25[/quote]

Nevermind, I guess it was just that store.. I found another that would take it. $15.

[quote name='ProfNut']No no. I traded 6 games total. I told him to take the below 15$ games for a trade 3 for 1 (Riddick! yay!) and put the rest (111$) on a edge card.

He added all of this on the same bill, put the 3 t3g1 games on the bill a 19.99$ each (which gives me around 59.99$) but then substracted the taxes from the remaining 111$ dollars.[/quote]

That is definitely incorrect, you shouldn't be out of pocket at all with a Trade 3. For a $59.99 game, you normally get $20, $20 and $19.99 in credit and don't need to pay anything extra.

some 3/27 EB tivs.

Wii
NHL 2K9 - $30

Transformers - $8.00

Dead Rising - $13.00

Did a T3G1F for Wanted: Weapons of Fate.
I got the game AND $10 on my Edge Card!
Is this SOP? Because most T3G1Fs are for $69.99 and mine was less - they gave me
credit and the game? If I had traded straight up for credit I'd have gotten $51.00.
But because they boost the TIV for T3G1F I get $60 game and $10 credit!
I liked how that went. I just assumed I'd get the game and that was that.

Sidenote:
It's kinda cool you can get $30 for NHL 2K9 (Wii) at EB.
They sell them used at BBV for $29.99. So if you're stuck with credit
at BBV you can move it to EB and not lose anything.
Of course I used the 25% Off Coupon to get it for $22.50 ;)
Not that any of you would stoop so low... lol

I didn't say we wouldn't use the coupons - I'm saying RFD has far too large an audience to not expect anything this hot to not get cancelled and/or scrapped in the future.

How old are you? Your post is hard as hell to read!
Or is english not your first language?

FYI-what happened was not SCOP...the game dropped in price and you got the difference back.

Where did we say we would not use the BBV coupons????
Your head is too thick to get this simple fact through....none of us are mods on RFD! do you get it?

I don't know what I was thinking today. I was checking values and because I was in a rush to get to work and had my mind on other things, I said "sure" when they asked if I actually wanted to trade them in.

Anyhow, new TIVs:

Assassin's Creed (360): $12
Guitar Hero World Tour (360): $20

Sucks, 'cause obviously one more game for a trade-3 deal... and the store near my house has Bionic Commando on their sign... about five minutes later I was in my car, asking myself: what the hell did I just do? Oh well.

[quote name='gamer602']How old are you? Your post is hard as hell to read!
Or is english not your first language?

FYI-what happened was not SCOP...the game dropped in price and you got the difference back.

Where did we say we would not use the BBV coupons????
Your head is too thick to get this simple fact through....none of us are mods on RFD! do you get it?[/quote]

1) If my posts are hard to read I'd like to see you wrap your head around some Kleptodathief posts. :)
2) I didn't say SCOP. I said SOP. Standard Operating Procedure.

What do you mean the price dropped? When Wanted first came out it was priced at $69.99? I didn't pre-order Wanted.
I just saw it on the shelf and asked if I could do a 3 for 1 for it. CSR said yes and gave me the game PLUS $10 credit.
What's so hard to understand about that?

3) I didn't say you CAGs WOULDN'T use the coupons. I made a reference to how I used it to "make a profit" which is against some unwritten CAG Law or somethingm according to Lamer_Fanatic.
I was poking fun at myself, at how I used the banned RFD coupons for my own evil gain.
And you guys are so pure and innocent would never do something for "profit. lol"

4) Where in my post does it say you guys are mods on RFD? I asked ONCE, a week ago, how my posts got taken down on RFD so fast,
when I did nothing wrong there. I don't care who's responsible. Jesus, let whatever's up your butt run free.

Relax.

[quote name='neksus']I didn't say we wouldn't use the coupons - I'm saying RFD has far too large an audience to not expect anything this hot to not get cancelled and/or scrapped in the future.[/quote]

and has it? :roll:

Traded the following today at EB:

Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 (WII): $27
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (360): $18

EB TIVs

Motorstorm - PS3 = $10
Sega Rally Revo - 360 = $11
Def Jam Icon - 360 = $12

Was able to T3G1F for Chronicles of Riddick.
Good times.

[quote name='kleptodathief']wow isn't BBV SELLLING merc2: x360 for 14.99?[/quote]

can anyone confirm that?
i've only seen it that price for PS3.
the 360 one has been $19.99 where ever i've been.
but army of one and bad company are still $14.99 there.

When I checked last week, the following were all $19.99 (used, 360)

Army of Two
Battlefield: Bad Company
Ninja Gaiden 2
Mercenaries 2
Lost Odyssey

[quote name='j940651']EB TIVs

Motorstorm - PS3 = $10
Sega Rally Revo - 360 = $11
Def Jam Icon - 360 = $12

Was able to T3G1F for Chronicles of Riddick.
Good times.[/quote]

Is T3G1F still available? I thought the promotion was only for a few days?

[quote name='ayinaim']Is T3G1F still available? I thought the promotion was only for a few days?[/quote]

T3G1 is an on-going (permanent) promotion.
The T3G1F weekends are for any game, not just from a select list.

[quote name='ayinaim']Is T3G1F still available? I thought the promotion was only for a few days?[/quote]

ive never not gotten a T3G1F when i asked for it nicely, regardless of date.
and title too! Stoked and Chronicles of Riddick weren't on the official list but ive got a cool store that boosts all the TIVs up to $23.00.
we looked at the 360 upcoming releases, and it's pretty weak.

[quote name='neksus']Those were both on the list. The "list" is any game that shows up when you try to do a pre-order.[/quote]

i got told for both games, that they weren't on the "list", so they were doing me a favour. :roll:

So for all intents and purposes, the T3G1F applies to pretty much any game any time(?) cause... what game CAN'T you pre-order? my store didn't even know if they were getting Stoked cause the release date got pushed back a dozen times. and when they saw the game was $54.99 and not $69.99 that caused confusion(!) like: "please get a more expensive game in return for your crap trade-ins". :lol:

EBs are fun. and free Fusion razors are neato.:bouncy:

i found

battlefield badcompany (360 ps3)
Merc 2 (360)
Army of Two(360)
god of war PSP

all for 14.99 at multiple blockbusters...

use the 25% off coupon and they all work for T3G1F at EB.....

just sharing if anybody is looking for titles.

3/31/09

EBGames (360)
Army of Two: $10
Lost Odyssey: $22
Mercs 2: $18

BBV
Wartech: $15

Army of Two was down to $14.99 used at my BBV, but Mercs 2 and Battlefield:BC were still stickered at $19.99.. I didn't ask them to scan it though

Also I was told a T3G1F for any new game was going to happen this weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun)

01/04/09

EB:
Guitar Hero III SW (Wii) $19 (down from $25 boo-urns)

FS:
Guitar Hero III SW (Wii) $13
Guitar Hero WT SW (Wii) $18
Guitar Hero Aerosmith SW (Wii) $1.2 (rofl)

EB Games - As of April 5th (all XBox 360):

Gears of War 2 - $20
Dead Rising - $13
Fable 2 - $36
Devil May Cry 4 - $11
Grand Theft Auto - $25 (quoted by sales rep, rather than checked in system)

[quote name='dancrane212']TIV for BBV at April 5th

Call of Duty 3: $8.00
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin: $6.00
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates: $6.00[/quote]

All DS?

[quote name='neksus']All DS?[/quote]

Opps, Sorry about that I forgot the system.

TIV for BBV at April 5th

(Wii) Call of Duty 3: $8.00
(DS) Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin: $6.00
(DS) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates: $6.00

some relevant tivs.

NHL 2K9 (Wii)

FS - 8.40
EB - 30.00
BBV - 9.00

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
FS - 30.00
EB - 31.00
BBV - 12.00

NHL 09 (360)

FS - 13.60
EB - 37.00
BBV - 20.00

Enemy Territories: Quake Wars (360)

FS - 3.60
BBV - 7.50

EndWar (PS3)

FS - No Listing in System
BBV - 20.00

April 6th 09

Dragon Quest Swords (Wii)
FS: $8.40
EB: $8.00
BBV: $18.00

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (Wii)
FS: $8.40
EB: $18.00
BBV: $4.00

Quantum of Solace (PS3)
BBV: $18.00

Hey i wanna trade in both my GC and Xbox for anything i can get at only EB games (adding onto my previous store cred for a ps3)
anyone kno how much i can get for the consoles??
the links above aren't workin for me

[quote name='poopintime']Hey i wanna trade in both my GC and Xbox for anything i can get at only EB games (adding onto my previous store cred for a ps3)
anyone kno how much i can get for the consoles??
the links above aren't workin for me[/quote]
The guy two posts up said that you get $3 for a gamecube and $10 for a PS2, an xbox probably doesn't get too much more than that. You're much better off trying to sell them locally via craiglist or kijiji

Future Shop TIVs, April 7:

Rock Band: AC/DC (360) still $10.80, despite the pile of used copies already sitting on their shelves.

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (360): $3.60... I know somebody posted on RFD yesterday that this had gone up, but when I went today it was back down.

today's tivs.
FRESH!

Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3)

FS - 3.60
BBV - 5.00

Wartech (360)
EB - 1.00
BBV - 15.00

NHL 09 (360)
EB - 37.00

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
EB - 31.00