[Canada]Rogers Video 2/40: April Edition

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
It's in this month's eplus: 2/40 from Apr. 1-30.

I checked out the Oak and 15th, Arbutus and Broadway, and 39th and West Boulevard. Most notable titles were Halo 3, Eternal Sonata, Warriors Orochi, Jericho, and Soldier of Fortune (PS3).

Also, preorder GTAIV and get exclusive gamer pics and a $70 gamers pack (probably coupons.) Costs $5.00

Get an additional Wii steering wheel (in various colours) with the purchase of Mario Kart Wii.

yeah I remmeber going into roncevalles once and seeing Galaxy. Except I actually left for someone else cause I had bought myself a copy the week before.

Shame that its gone.

Ossington college was across the road from a blockbuster. Really bad location killed that one I think.

I got GOW Chains of Olympus at the rogers near me. Got Brawl as filler but I already have it so I'll most likely send it off to Goozex.

ah. was gonna offer to buy SSBB off you if you were local. Sadly you're about as far away from me in canada as someone can be. *is in ontario*

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Man you and magiic have the entire island to yourselves. ;)[/quote]

he's got upper, I've got lower :)

I have toronto. On which I have to contend well with 3/4 of RFD hoarders. *cries*

Though no brawls were pulled this week so maybe next week *crosses fingers and gets phone ready*

Selling or Trading
Sealed Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $40
Rogers Video NHL 08 - $25

Want
Lost Odyssey (mint if for Brawl, Rogers if for NHL)

edit; wait wrong thread.

In on-topic news, Victoria & 41st has nothing.

Nothing new at Northtown or Clairview today. Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Assassin's Creed (PS3) are still sitting at Clairview though. Mass Effect, Mario Strikeres Charged, Trauma Center Second Opinion at Northtown.

[quote name='magiic']he's got upper, I've got lower :)[/quote]

The upper consists of one, maybe two, Rogers Videos that don't take over an hour to get to. Oh well, my Rogers is usually great with their pulls.

Oh, and I just got a stamina battery pack from Rogers for 1.99. It scanned in at that price too so you might want to check it out.

[quote name='bs000']Nothing new at Northtown or Clairview today. Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Assassin's Creed (PS3) are still sitting at Clairview though. Mass Effect, Mario Strikeres Charged, Trauma Center Second Opinion at Northtown.[/quote]

Mario Strikers is still there, eh? I might be tempted to go pick it up...but we'll see. I went to Capilano last night and they definitely haven't pulled anything recently. The closest thing they had to a good game was Geometry Wars Wii and Batallion Wars 2...

Picked up Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds for PS3 and MLB 2k8 for 360. Not too sure I want MLB, anyone want it?

Anyone in Edmonton see anything lately? I've been feeling discouraged and don't want to go out of my way anymore to make it to Rogers lol.

[quote name='bs000']Anyone in Edmonton see anything lately? I've been feeling discouraged and don't want to go out of my way anymore to make it to Rogers lol.[/quote]

I'm going to check Downtown and Capilano tomorrow...so long as nothing get's in the way of my plans. I'm getting discouraged too...nothing new last week.

I've checked downtown, capilano and millwoods in a past few days. nothing really good at all. I think all the rogers in edmonton have wised up and began to stock fewer copies of each game.

[quote name='TtotheE']Picked up Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds for PS3 and MLB 2k8 for 360. Not too sure I want MLB, anyone want it?[/quote]

I played a bit of MLB and I wasn't terribly impressed. If I were you I'd just take it to EB, because it's trading in for $33 now. My friend picked up a copy from 2/$40 and he took his in. Easy $13 right there.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']You guys are so lucky. I'm finding squat.[/quote]
You guys are so lucky to even have rogers selling video games unlike mine which sells peanuts. :cry:

I just checked Downtown (Edmonton), and the selection was quite slim...but better than any other time I've been there. They had Conan (360) and Manhunt 2 (Wii), but those were probably the best they had. Others I can think of off the top of my head are Puzzle Quest (Wii), Jericho (360), Juiced 2 (360)....but that's really about it. Not a whole lot going on there. I might check Capilano tonight....but we'll see.

[quote name='thelostdude']You guys are so lucky to even have rogers selling video games unlike mine which sells peanuts. :cry:[/quote]

Yeah, 2/40 on peanuts is pretty cold. ;)

I was just at Capilano and I picked up Turok (360) and Devil May Cry 4 (360). :D I'd be willing to trade DMC4 though, if anyone's interested. I'd love Lost Odysee if anyone wanted to trade that, or Army of Two. The disc is practically mint too...a few minor scratches.

As for what else they had, it was pretty slim, but a few good ones. Stranglehold (360), Blazing Angels 2 (360), Avatar (360), and a few others. For Wii there was Geometry Wars Galaxies and Battalion Wars 2...but that's about it, and there was nothing worth mentioning for PS3. On DS there was Final Fantasy Ring of Fates...but I didn't know how it was so I didn't pick it up....and because I got Turok and DMC4 :D

[quote name='craig64']I was just at Capilano and I picked up Turok (360) and Devil May Cry 4 (360). :D I'd be willing to trade DMC4 though, if anyone's interested. I'd love Lost Odysee if anyone wanted to trade that, or Army of Two. The disc is practically mint too...a few minor scratches.

As for what else they had, it was pretty slim, but a few good ones. Stranglehold (360), Blazing Angels 2 (360), Avatar (360), and a few others. For Wii there was Geometry Wars Galaxies and Battalion Wars 2...but that's about it, and there was nothing worth mentioning for PS3. On DS there was Final Fantasy Ring of Fates...but I didn't know how it was so I didn't pick it up....and because I got Turok and DMC4 :D[/quote]

:hot: Gimme Turok! And Stranglehold!

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Yeah, 2/40 on peanuts is pretty cold. ;)[/quote]
Well i mean they dont even sell video games at mine

[quote name='catalyst777']I've checked downtown, capilano and millwoods in a past few days. nothing really good at all. I think all the rogers in edmonton have wised up and began to stock fewer copies of each game.[/quote]I haven't found anything good in Edmonton for 4+ months. Quite discouraged. Either hoarders or staff are snatching up the good stuff. I've been told point blank "listen, there are like, four gamers who work here--I wouldn't get my hopes up" by staff. Ugh.

I'm just curious if anyone knows, but if a location had a copy of Rock Band (just the game on the shelf) for sale, that would be without the controllers....right? Or do you think they'd include the controllers as well?

[quote name='craig64']I'm just curious if anyone knows, but if a location had a copy of Rock Band (just the game on the shelf) for sale, that would be without the controllers....right? Or do you think they'd include the controllers as well?[/quote]

it would be by itself because the game retails by itself without the controllers

Oh, it does? Well I guess you learn something new every day. It would've been awesome to get it 2/$40 if that was possible with the controllers. I figured it would be too good to be true anyways.

Picked up Dead Rising, Eternal Sonata, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and Table Tennis, not a bad deal. They still had RE: Umbrella but I figure it'll go down soon enough.

[quote name='SumDumRetard']Picked up Dead Rising, Eternal Sonata, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and Table Tennis, not a bad deal. They still had RE: Umbrella but I figure it'll go down soon enough.[/quote]

did you check your receipt? Table Tennis should be priced at $9.99 which means it may have added $10 to your bill.

I picked up FF crystal chronicles for ds, frontlines fuel of war, bully(wii) and dark sector today. there was a lot more decent games if anyones near nanaimo.

Today I grabbed...

Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds :ps3:
God of War Chains of Olympus :psp:
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword :ds:
MLB Power Pros :wii:
Stranglehold :360:
Condemned 2 :ps3:

I checked North Town and Claireview today and they had nothing worth noting at either location. I'll see what's at Capilano tomorrow when I pick up Mario Kart.

Still haven't went out and looked this month. No real need to, I had a good haul at the end of March, GTAIV next week, might as well just wait until next time....and here's to hoping that it's a 2/$30! ;)

[quote name='Kekumba']Still haven't went out and looked this month. No real need to, I had a good haul at the end of March, GTAIV next week, might as well just wait until next time....and here's to hoping that it's a 2/$30! ;)[/quote]

Yeah I miss the 2/30. I don't think it'll happen anymore though, except maybe Boxing Day. :whistle2:(

[quote name='magiic']Today I grabbed...

Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds :ps3:
God of War Chains of Olympus :psp:
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword :ds:
MLB Power Pros :wii:
Stranglehold :360:
Condemned 2 :ps3:[/quote]

I'm happy with my finds but dammit magiic, I hate you for this. jk

[quote name='magiic']I was the most happy about Hot Shots Golf and Power Pros[/quote]

I love hot shots golf but when I got power pros in the 2/30 I can't say I liked it very much.

[quote name='Nesmaster']Capilano location: Nothing of major interest, but I picked up Blazing Angels 2 and Spiderwick Chronicles.[/quote]

I didn't get Blazing Angels 2 but despite the reviews I really enjoyed the demo. The dog fighting was nice and it is good to be up in the air for more than 30 seconds (I'm looking at you Warhawk).

bread's done
Back