[Canada] Toys R Us: 50% off Gamecube, 25% off all accessories (except PS3), more

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Toys R Us Flyer:
25% off all accessories (360, PS2, DS, XBX, PSP, GCN)
50% off GCN ($50)
$20 off Super Paper Mario and Big Brain Academy ($40)
$5 off Rayman Raving Rabbids and Surf's Up ($25)
$30 TRU gift card with any 360 purchase
$7 off any Touch Generations game
30% off selected current gen games (GCN, PS2, XBX, NDS, GBA, PSP)
25% off all Greatest Hits games (PS2 and PSP)

Valid October 13th - 19th I think it was.

This would be a good time for me to pick up some rechargable battery packs. Also, I hope they have that Hori 360 Fighting Stick, really want that.

Probably a good time to pick up a GC controller... I'll PM at Zellers, throw in some filler, and use the FB coupon.

EDIT: I believe "something stupid" is Surf's Up. ;)

Added that ty. I missed a few things:
$7 off any Touch Generations game
30% off selected PS2, PSP, GCN, NDS, GBA, XBX games
25% off all Greatest Hits games (PS2 and PSP)

Sorry doing it off memory of the flyer

[quote name='chrisryans']This would be a good time for me to pick up some rechargable battery packs. Also, I hope they have that Hori 360 Fighting Stick, really want that.[/quote]

I doubt they have the stick. I wish they did. Right now the only viable option is for about $95 shipped at Videogamesplus.ca .
Anybody know where to find it in stores?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Videogamesplus.ca [/QUOTE]
Honestly, why would ANYONE shop there? Their prices are horrendous. I could understand slightly higher prices because they seem to be a mom and pop site, but it gets ridiculous when they pull stuff like...

1) They don't send you Wii Points cards. They just e-mail you the code. Okay, cool, free shipping and instant code. Sounds good so far. BUT they charge $30 ($5 MORE than everywhere else) for something they're too lazy to send. Not cool!

2) Apparently, if you preorder something and use PayPal, they'll charge you right away. Erm, no.

I'm sure I could find more problems with this site if I really tried. I've never used them, and by the looks of it, I never will.

If they don't fix their business model, we won't be having any kind of discussion about them a few years from now. That's honestly a shame, because it would've been NICE to have a viable Canadian alternative to mega chains like Futureshop, Best Buy, etc. These people need to get their heads out of the sand.

In case anyone missed out on Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin back when Superstore was clearing them out for $18.98, the Coquitlam TRU has one or two for $17.XX. The Metrotown store has none - and unlike the Coquitlam store, they couldn't be bothered to come to work early and retag all the items on sale BEFORE the store opened. :headache:

The Coquitlam store also has FF: Dirge of Ceberus for $17.XX. It's in with the GH games.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']Honestly, why would ANYONE shop there? Their prices are horrendous. I could understand slightly higher prices because they seem to be a mom and pop site, but it gets ridiculous when they pull stuff like...

1) They don't send you Wii Points cards. They just e-mail you the code. Okay, cool, free shipping and instant code. Sounds good so far. BUT they charge $30 ($5 MORE than everywhere else) for something they're too lazy to send. Not cool!

2) Apparently, if you preorder something and use PayPal, they'll charge you right away. Erm, no.

I'm sure I could find more problems with this site if I really tried. I've never used them, and by the looks of it, I never will.

If they don't fix their business model, we won't be having any kind of discussion about them a few years from now. That's honestly a shame, because it would've been NICE to have a viable Canadian alternative to mega chains like Futureshop, Best Buy, etc. These people need to get their heads out of the sand.[/quote]

Er, their target audience isn't really you anymore. It's people in the UK who use the site a LOT as it offers them the lowest prices at the fastest shipping.

I just got back from TRU, I also saw on sale
Super Mario Strikers $39.99
Excite Truck $39.99
Brain Age 2-12.97

They had plenty of stock at the cash but on display very little. Ask if you want something they may have it.

just got back as well, tons of games on the cheap, only ones that caught my eyes $13.97 Tomb Raider Legend (GC) and 12.97 Brain Age, i have a flyer i can scan if anyone wants

The flyer says "30% off select video games" (PS2, PSP, DS, GBA, GC, and Xbox), but there was nothing in my store indicating which games were actually on sale for that particular deal. I could've asked a clerk, but nothing caught my eye. Stilll, if the store was more organized, maybe I wouldn't have left empty-handed. ;) Oh well. :)

I tried to pm the xbox360 hd dvd drive a couple days ago at future shop and she told me that they called and it was 209$ I tried to tell her about the sale but she just repeated herself like she thought I was stupid. :(

bread's done
Back