Can't decide whether or not to get Zelda.

SilverPaw750

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Okay, please read before you go and say "OMG ZELDA IS ROX LOL!". First off, I don't have a Wii yet, but I'm asking for some Wii games for christmas to I'll have them ready to go when I get my Wii (as soon as I can find one!).

The only Zelda's I've ever played are Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time.

Wind Waker is one of the best games I have ever played. I loved it, even the things other hated; I never minded sailing everywhere, or the shard hunt.

Ocarina...I really didn't like. I never could get into it, for whatever reason, and I just didn't find it terribly fun. It wasn't a bad game at all, but I wasn't motivated to finish it, and only got 3 or 4 hours in before stopping.

So I can't decide whether or not I want Twilight Princess. Any opinions?

OMG ZELDA IS ROX LOL!

j/k. Zelda TP is one of the best games I've ever played (beat the game a couple weeks ago). I would say buy it and if you don't like it (read: you're crazy), then you can most likely get 80+% of your money back by selling it on ebay. Just don't quit until you've atleast beaten the 1st dungeon cuz the beginning is really the only slowish part of the game.

I'm the same way actually. Wind Waker was one of if not my favorite game ever and OOT I couldnt really get into or enjoyed one bit. I haven't played TP so I can't say anything good about it, but I can say that when I heard of OOT, I wasnt even excited, when I heard of Wind Waker I was very excited, and when I heard of TP I was almost if not more excited for it than Wind Waker at one point! Maybe that means I'll enjoy it :p. Anyway, considering the Wii games out there, I'd get Zelda right away, especially if I'm asking for "some Wii games". I mean there isn't much out there worth 60 bucks IMO.

I thought WW had some of the best combat in the series (I loved bashing enemies with their own weapons), and some of the best dungeon puzzles, too. I didn't mind sailing but the triforce hunt and the limited number of dungeons was just plain silly.

I'm pretty sure any Zelda fan (and indeed, anyone who likes action-adventure) will enjoy TP.

Anyone that recommends Wind Waker over Twilight Princess doesn't know what a good game is. Preferences in story/character design/graphical style not withstanding, Twilight Princess is just built so much better than just about anything else.

So yes, I think you'll like it. :)

If you liked Wind Waker, you'll probably like TP. A lot of the combat mechanics from WW find their way over to TP.

I loved WW as well, but never really cared for OOT. I picked up TP for my GameCube (since I won't have a Wii for awhile yet) and I'm enjoying it very much. Very Wind Waker-esque, and I'll definitely be picking up the Wii version once I finally get the console.

WW was better. I'm 30 hours into TP and stopped playing 2 weeks ago after the Temple of Time. Its just...not that great compared to WW. I will still finish it...just not sure when.

I'm in the minority as I hated Ocarina of Time with a passion, OP. I've been having a blast with Twilight Princess though. It's as fun as Wind Waker only without the endless sailing.

I'm sorry OP but if you only played 3 or 4 hours of Ocarina then you might as well have never played it. Most Zelda games are pretty slow for the frist couple of hours and if you judge Twilight Princess as quickly as you did Ocarina then you will probrobly not like it.

That being said if you give it a chance then I think you will like it. It's kind of a mix of Ocarina (the later parts) and Wind Waker with alot of completely new stuff added in.

Zelda II was great.

And yes, buy it. Otherwise your wii purchase is wasted, as outside of it and the virtual console theres not much out there IMO.

Some of the other games look ok, but not worth $50 purchases IMO.

Aside from that Zelda is one of the best games, if not the best, I've ever played.

It's a no brainer to pick it up as long as you're remotely interested in the action rpg/adventure game genre.

in my honest opinion, i think michael jackson had a hand in designing this game. from the complex dungeons housing his deepest, darkest secrets to being able to pick up a child's scent and track them down for miles, there is no other explanation. if you love michael you will love this.

im not a fan of zelda. i havent played any other other ones aside from a few hours at friends houses over the years, but i find it midly entertaining. i think there is too much of a disparity between the boss difficulty and actually finding your way to the boss.

[quote name='gizmogc']I think two CDI games and Zelda II prove you wrong... ;)[/QUOTE]

Zelda II may actually be the one Zelda I like the most. Those CDI games don't exist (Jedi Mind Trick Motion).

Zelda II was great.

I think it wasn't popular because it's so hard. And it was very hard compared all the other Zeldas.

Well I decided a couple days ago that I'm getting the GC version for the camera control mainly. And I dont have a Wii and dont know when I'll get one, so I dont really care for waiting for the Wii version simply so I can wiggle my wrist (I dont have a widescreen tv) It seems like most people like Wind Waker the most lol, new majority. I played till the forest temple as adult link in OOT and got too bored so I quit. Plus the graphics got even more awful on that dungeon, considering I was playing the game after the N64 was dead. But I think you'll like it and definitely get it over any other Wii games.

I haven't played a Zelda since the SNES one. I got my Wii and I got some Twilight Princess and I have to say its one of the best games bar none that I have played. It has its slow parts at the beginning, but its defintely the best game I got out of Trauma Center, Madden, Red Steel, and then Zelda. I think its pretty awesome and a must have.

bread's done
Back