CHEAP 360 games and others at GAME CRAZY YMMV Starts 12-19-05

SnakeEater

CAGiversary!
Today at a SoCal Game Crazy there was a "Hot Sale" printout from the corporate office. I thought it was a mistake because the prices were too good to be a Game Crazy sale so i spoke with our district manager and he said that until they tell us that it's wrong, those are the prices. I also read on the sheet that the POS should be automatically updated but i checked the computers and they still had the regular prices listed. So this deal is EXTREMELY YMMV. The prices need to be manually repriced at checkout since the computer doesn't reflect the sale prices. I tried to make a copy of the printout but the copy machine was out of toner. No word on how long this sale will last. If it's an error, i'd expect them to send out a letter tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. Oh and as far as i know, these prices are for new games.
Good Luck.

X360

Amped 3 = $39.99
NBA 2k6 = $39.99
NHL 2k6 = $39.99

PS2

Backyard Wrestling 2 = $9.99
Devil May Cry 3 = $19.99
Dragon Quest VIII = $29.99
Hitman Contracts = $9.99
Killer 7 = $19.99
Madden 2006 = 19.99
Mega Man X Command Mission = $9.99
Need For Speed: Most Wanted = $34.99
Resident Evil OUtbreak 2 = $9.99
Ultimate Spiderman = $29.99
X-Men Legends 2 = $29.99

Xbox

Clancy Triple Pack = $9.99
Doom 3 = $14.99
Half Life 2 = $29.99
Madden 2006 = $19.99
Shellshock Nam 67 = $9.99
X-Men Legends 2 = $29.99

GameCube

Killer 7 = $19.99
Madden 2006 = $19.99
Mega Man X Command Mission = $9.99
X-men Legends 2 = $29.99

PSP

Frantix = $19.99

edit: CONFIRMED, sale starts Monday 12-19-05. Ads are availbe in store. Sale ends 12/24 so hurry!

My local Game Crazy is accepting the BB $10 off coupon until after Christmas.

$29.99 DQ8
-$10.00 BB Coupon

$17.99 DQ8 guide
-20% if bought with game

=

One happy CAGer!

Odd, I just called a Gamecrazy in WA and they had no idea of the price changes. They did say that Half-Life 2 and DQ8 are $29.99 but that is the used price (he also mentioned that they had none in stock).

I then went down the listed games and he confirmed those were the used prices but he had not heard of any mark down for games from the home office.

So, I am confused. Is this just a local deal?

[quote name='djkunai']
Oh yeah, and confirmed Sale (although details lingering) in the Los Angeles area.[/QUOTE]

I'm from LA. Which Gamecrazy did you confirm it at? I really want cheap Dragon Quest tomorrow.

Kmart had no copies of DMC3 for blue light sale, going to try to pick it up at GameCrazy.

Maybe Half-Life 2 (if its backwards compatible for 360)

[quote name='Dante Devil']Kmart had no copies of DMC3 for blue light sale, going to try to pick it up at GameCrazy.

Maybe Half-Life 2 (if its backwards compatible for 360)[/QUOTE]

It is.

And wholy shit I hope kdunn is right about them taking the BB coupon. Ill shit a brick if I can pick up HL2 for $20.

I can confirm the 360 titles. I just called my local gamecrazy and they are on sale for $39.99.
I only checked for the 360 games.

I had them put on hold until I get out of work, Amped 3 and NBA 2K6.

Thanks OP.

Just got home from picking up DQ8 for $30. Thanks for the info. I've been wanting it, but didn't really want to pay 50 for it.

I was told they don't accept competitor coupons, so I couldn't use the $10 off coupon I brought along, but regardless, I picked up HL2 & Doom 3. If I wasn't already getting DQ8 for Christmas I wouldve picked that up as well.

Thanks op!

I can confirm this sale as well. They have ads available if you want to price match. Also the buy 2 get 2 free only applies to PS2, GC, and X-box.

oooo, price match at Circuit City for $28 plus tax. i don't want to even mess with matching coupons, the employees at my gamecrazy are annoying.

[quote name='djkunai']GameCrazy started the whole discount card program, and to be fair, on used new-release titles, the typical $49.99 new is $41.99 used, not $44.99 like GS and BB.

So if you pay for your discount card at GameCrazy to buy a $41.99 game, you pay in total $57.79 for the card and a used game, versus $55.49 for the card and game at GS. That's a $2.30 difference, and use the card again for another used new-release, and you'll be at $95.58 at GameCrazy, and $95.98 at GS, saving you $.40 over them.

Throw in the price match for trades, the special order program, and the fact that you don't have to worry about GameCrazy boxes being covered with stickers that 95% of the time leave residue on the box, why go with GameStop?

Oh yeah, and confirmed Sale (although details lingering) in the Los Angeles area.[/QUOTE]

this is cheapassgamer, however. no one buys newly released used games. they wait to get the game new for half the price. and gamestop's stickers come off just as easily. eb's do not, but eb has the best sales, so they're excused. and are you serious? GC started discount cards? i didn't even know they'd been around that long.

I just picked up DQVIII at the GC in Westminster, CA. No problem at all. They had tons of them too, probably 10 or so more. Thanks for posting this. :)

Picked up DQVIII today. Was thinkin about Halflife 2 might go back and get it. They had no idea about the sale in Old Bridge, NJ. I called up and said how much guy said 50. I was like isnt it on sale, he checked and was like umm yeah actually it is. They onyl had a few left. Thanks OP!!!!

[quote name='Madskills1182']Picked up DQVIII today. Was thinkin about Halflife 2 might go back and get it. They had no idea about the sale in Old Bridge, NJ. I called up and said how much guy said 50. I was like isnt it on sale, he checked and was like umm yeah actually it is. They onyl had a few left. Thanks OP!!!![/QUOTE] Hey I was just about to call there. Anyway assuming you went did you try to use BB's $10 off coupon?

[quote name='jfunkdpg']I was told they don't accept competitor coupons, so I couldn't use the $10 off coupon I brought along, but regardless, I picked up HL2 & Doom 3. If I wasn't already getting DQ8 for Christmas I wouldve picked that up as well.

Thanks op![/QUOTE]

Sorry that your's isn't accepting competititator's coupons. It must be just local. I have used 3 at mine (Animal Crossing WW, Final Fantasy VI, and now DQ8). Hell tonight I even gave the two guys who always hook me up there a copy of the coupon for their own use.:lol:

It sucks that neither Game Crazy or Best Buy in my are have Guitar Hero in stock.:cry:

I'm really lovin' that BB coupon.:applause:

Thanks, OP! Picked up Half-Life 2. Word of warning, there are apparently some game-killing bugs when you play it on the 360, so play it on original Xbox only. It's far and away the best-looking Xbox game.

GameCrazy's typically aren't supposed to PM except during the holidays- it's up to a store manager to decide whether or not to. Most won't, but find an employee (who doesn't value their job) to manually price it with the coupon, and bam you get DQ8 for $20.

Even though I got my DQ8 for $30, it makes me sad to know that others are got it for $20. Why won't the Game Crazys around me take the BB coupon (and I have the actual legit one too)...

[quote name='djinni']Even though I got my DQ8 for $30, it makes me sad to know that others are got it for $20. Why won't the Game Crazys around me take the BB coupon (and I have the actual legit one too)...[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, DQ8 is worth every cent of that $30 you spent. Those who were able to use the BB coupon got lucky.

yeah i spent $30 as well. hey, does the BB coupon have to printed finely enough for the barcode to be scanned? or can i take in the lesser quality printout off my printer to BB and have it work? the thing is, the only printer i can think of that might print finely enough is at the university, and their computer labs are probably closed for the holidays.

on another note, i picked up Tom Clancy triple pack, RE Outbreak 2, Cold Fear xbox, and Doom 3 xbox for $30. i figure i'll eventually, evennnntually find Doom 3 CE for $20 or below, but for $7.50 for the core game is cool enough. sadly they were out of Half Life 2 for PC, as i would have taken that in a heartbeat over RE Outbreak 2. and no dice on disgaea, i couldn't find one. $20 is such an excellent price on that one.

shit, another thing, are gamecrazy's required to take competitors' coupons, or is it just on an employee's whim basis?

Can anyone confirm this deal in the GameCrazys in Houston?

I went to the Missouri City location today and asked about it...the worker said the game was $49.99 and pointed at the display copy which was marked $49.99 :cry:.

Is the price only in the ads? I saw no ads in the store.

[quote name='ispeshaled']Can anyone confirm this deal in the GameCrazys in Houston?

I went to the Missouri City location today and asked about it...the worker said the game was $49.99 and pointed at the display copy which was marked $49.99 :cry:.

Is the price only in the ads? I saw no ads in the store.[/QUOTE]

It should be in the system. I ran into the same situation at my store and had them scan it...it showed up with the sale price. Good Luck!!!

i dont know where da hell you find all those dumb employees to sell you DQ8 for 20 bucks lol... i got mine for 40 at the damn bb 10 off 49.99 they also only had limited copies..... thought i was the smartest kid ever but now... felt like i was the most retarded ever.

bread's done
Back