Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Havent played it ;D
So, is it the only version you have? I've heard it's decent if it's your only option, but everyone says the Vita version is much better. The 3DS game also has a crawl feature that is unique to that version I believe, and makes it worth a players time if they like that bonus.

I personally own both versions, and have yet to play either, how bad is that? LOL

makes a bit of sense for Best Buy as I have seen clearance stickers which correspond to reports online.

I have never come across those instance clearance prices as seen in Target/TRU clearance threads. if game A doesn't ring up for some insane price at a Target whereas it does in others throughout the country, I can blame my local Target's lazy employees and management?

Does having more stock in inventory more likely for a game to be clearanced?
It just depends on your particular store, and the way your manager does business.

Items that are on clearance generally have a main price point like the ones that are set online.

Clearance items are typically known as at-risk/end of life items have several phases it goes through, and generally the longer it takes to sell the items, the greater the chance the company will start losing money on it the longer it sits there. Depending on the actual store, and how well they deal with such items, some stores like to make sure their daily list of at-risk/end of life items are out asap so it doesn't look bad for the store, while others (like my store) like to hold on for dear life and trust in their ability to not sell the item at an extremely discounted price.

It's really just dependent on your store, and the way the managers decide what is the priority for that store when dealing with clearance items.

It's not whether or not they're lazy (which they might be with other things), but clearance is typically just up to the management in the store to decide how they want to handle them in comparison to other stores in the district. You may just have incredibly stingy stores, as I also have the same type of stores here that never clearance, but my stores are both pretty busy with foot traffic, so they don't really need to heavily clearance anything and it'd still sell.

So to summarize, YMMV. :p

So, is it the only version you have? I've heard it's decent if it's your only option, but everyone says the Vita version is much better. The 3DS game also has a crawl feature that is unique to that version I believe, and makes it worth a players time if they like that bonus.

I personally own both versions, and have yet to play either, how bad is that? LOL
Lol I know how you feel -.- I have 12 sealed 3ds and vita games.

Actually it's a crouching walk, unique to the 3DS version. Makes it much easier to keep a higher camo index while moving. You can also take pictures with the camera and import those into custom camo suits which is OP as all get out. I used a screencap of Jigglypuff from Smash Bros to make a pink suit and I was practically invisible indoors, and used a picture of an AK to be invisible pretty much anywhere else.

I've finished pretty much every version of Snake Eater/Subsistence available and even though the frame rate can be a little weak and the new 3DS aiming nub is wonky, it was definitely an enjoyable experience.

Saw 2 copies of Fire Emblem Awakening at BB tonight for 19.99. Not a clearance price, just a regular price tag.

Well as it turns out this was some shady bullshit by my local BB. Technically the price was for pre-owned copies although they have none of them nor have they so they stocked new copies there. 

hey bestbuy lets take that flimsy ass collectors edition fire emblem game and shove it in a small ass bubbler and see what happens.

I so wish they give the option to pay for box shipping.

You could have grabbed Rodea Wii/U from Walmart a month ago, and traded the Wii U game to Best Buy to get most of your money back. I have the 3DS and Wii game and they didn't cost me $20.

While Rodea 3DS is clearly the worst version out of them all, I think you're doing giving it a bad rep. The game is definitely playable, and I've seen people buy SHITTIER games just because they're anime-like, or with limited runs on CAG

While Rodea 3DS is clearly the worst version out of them all, I think you're doing giving it a bad rep. The game is definitely playable, and I've seen people buy SHITTIER games just because they're anime-like, or with limited runs on CAG
What are you implying? I bought Senran Kagura 2 for the story.

Yeah, was BBY monday and this thread never really picked up on it since most of the regulars were just talking about it in the DOTD thread.  That's dead and buried so I figured this was applicable discussion for it now.

Welcome to the cheap 3DS thread.
Thanks. Great to be here. I think.

Yes, I'm a pinhead.

Yeah, but why buy a worse version of the game when you can buy a better version of the game? A game like this, as well as Xenoblade, I can't imagine playing on the 3DS if I can play them on their original respective consoles.

Yeah, but why buy a worse version of the game when you can buy a better version of the game? A game like this, as well as Xenoblade, I can't imagine playing on the 3DS if I can play them on their original respective consoles.
It's not just that it's squished like Xenoblade but they changed the control scheme which is supposed to be far inferior.

I just bought my first 3ds game and it was from gamestop.com.  I was super excited to play Ocarina of Time again.  I hadn't played it since the 64 days.  It arrived and I fired it up...only to find out it's the demo! -_____-

Yes. I didn't feel like doing in-store pickup because the locations that had the game were far from me. OoT is now out of stock online and no stores have it in the whole phx area now when 4 had it last week.

http://imgur.com/TRHLmdN
I would have probably refused that as I like my stickers on my games to be in good condition. Didn't even know OoT had a demo cart. That game will be $20 in that selects program soon...so just return that garbage.

Yes. I didn't feel like doing in-store pickup because the locations that had the game were far from me. OoT is now out of stock online and no stores have it in the whole phx area now when 4 had it last week.

http://imgur.com/TRHLmdN
WOW, some people are scum. I love how they scratched out the "demo" on the cart, so they could trade it in to GameStop for full credit. Heaven forbid an employee actually notices something like that before hand, but I guess that's why they have a return policy.

Sooooooo why would you buy a pre-owned one from GS when you know it's going to come incomplete and you'll have a hard time getting it adjusted down to whatever their new used price is? Better to wait for it to be $20 new everywhere or if you want a black label copy to go buy it now and patiently wait a week and a half and get it adjusted.

WOW, some people are scum. I love how they scratched out the "demo" on the cart, so they could trade it in to GameStop for full credit. Heaven forbid an employee actually notices something like that before hand, but I guess that's why they have a return policy.
Considering much stores that have Metroid Prime Hunters in stock just have the First Hunt or whatever it's called demo and no employee cares I don't think they're going to care about much.

Not a 3ds deal post..
But when are we going to get another Puzzle for Streetpass.. Its been practically forever since a new one was started- We need a Fire Emblem Fates puzzle.. Megaman legacy puzzle.. Something

Not a 3ds deal post..
But when are we going to get another Puzzle for Streetpass.. Its been practically forever since a new one was started- We need a Fire Emblem Fates puzzle.. Megaman legacy puzzle.. Something
I turned on my 3DS for the first time in a long time (even got the achievement for it!) and I got a new puzzle. I didn't look to see what it was though, and everyone else probably already has it. :)

I turned on my 3DS for the first time in a long time (even got the achievement for it!) and I got a new puzzle. I didn't look to see what it was though, and everyone else probably already has it. :)
They released a few new puzzles for Streetpass Mii Plaza a couple months ago. Yokai Watch and Animal Crossing HHD were two of them. Can't recall what the third one was.

bread's done
Back