cheap ipod speakers

R1V3R5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Looking for some cheap speakers for my ipod. Not looking to spend much because I'm only buying them to put in the basement while working out. I guess any cheap pc speakers with a mini stereo jack would do. Also, I've seen the Bose and such designed for ipod and they are a rip off! Any suggestions?

^Have found some cheap ones on newegg but shipping kills the deal.

well i have the JBL on stage you can get the old version starting at 100 bucks and going down from there i payed 100 for it and don't regret it the sound blows away anything else i've ever heard for the ipod and it charges the ipod even when it's turned off. The "new" on stage really didn't add much of anything but a remote from what I could tell and that one is 160 or 170. Also the on stage can work w/ a regular audio plug to so you could say plug something besides an ipod in it and get sound (of course the charging feature is only for ipods) I use it with both my 15 gig (3rd generation) and my 4gb nano. don't think it would work w/ photo at least not my version, doesn't seem the dock section would be big enough for that as it seems bigger than all other ipods.

Yeah I have the JBL Onstage as well and they have very nice sound, plus charging and synching capabilities. They're pretty reasonably priced as well as opposed to other iPod speakers available. Otherwise, any decent pair of computer speakers will also do the trick as well for even cheaper.

I got inmotions im7's for $100. If you are looking to spend less than $40, look into the speakers that require triple A batteries. Here is one for example:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2147702&cp=&kw=ipod+speaker&parentPage=search

Another way would be to hook up cheap computer speakers to the audio port. There are REALLY good and crisp sounding ones for $30 or less. Look into Altec Lansing or some creatives. Did you need REALLY loud sound or REALLY clear sound?

[quote name='valor19']Looking for some cheap speakers for my ipod. Not looking to spend much because I'm only buying them to put in the basement while working out. I guess any cheap pc speakers with a mini stereo jack would do. Also, I've seen the Bose and such designed for ipod and they are a rip off! Any suggestions?

^Have found some cheap ones on newegg but shipping kills the deal.[/QUOTE]

Computer subwoofer and wireless speakers range $25-$30 at Best Buy, Fry's, etc. Great sound, low cost if you don't need it to be portable. Just plug the iPod into the subwoofer.

bread's done
Back