Circuit City / Best Buy/ Target video game prices 1/20/08-1/26/08

JokerCard

CAGiversary!
Since Speedy isn't here for a couple of weeks, I thought Id give you the CC flyer in the style of Speedy's ad posts.

NOTE: If anyone has any of the other flyers, please lend a hand. I only receive the CC flyers in advance and would need help on the others such as BB and Target. I will be sure to give you credit for your work. Happy shopping!

Circuit City

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Day DVDTalkers and Circuit City watchers!

And a Special Shout Out To All My Friends at CAG!

I’ve got the Circuit City circular for 1/20/08 - 1/26/08 in my hands.

Please be aware of the following:

* GAMERS: The Wii IS in this week's ad! (Minimum 5 per store)
* Pre-order Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Turok 3 and get a $10 gift card when you pick up the game. $5 deposit required.

As always, ask any questions and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Video Games:

Xbox 360

Burnout Paradise >>>> $59.99 ++++

NFL Tour >>>> $39.99

NBA 2K8 >>>> $32.99

Conan >>>> $32.99

Juiced 2 >>>> $32.99

Forza 2 >>>> $32.99

Soldier of Fortune: Payback >>>> $32.99

Spiderman Friend or Foe >>>> $32.99

++++ Free CC exclusive unlockable vehicle (see store associate for code)

PS3

Burnout Paradise >>>> $59.99 ++++

NFL Tour >>>> $39.99

NBA 2K8 >>>> $32.99

Conan >>>> $32.99

Ghost Recon advanced Warfighter 2 >>>> $32.99

Splinter Cell Double Agent >>>> $32.99

++++ Free CC exclusive unlockable vehicle (see store associate for code)

Wii

Wii >>>> $249.99 (Minimum 5 per store)

Wii remote >>>> $39.99

Wii Nunchuck >>>> $19.99

Wii Zapper >>>> $19.99

Endless Ocean >>>> $49.99

Sonic Riders >>>> $49.99

Spiderman friend or foe >>>> $32.99

Cranium Kabookii >>>> $32.99

GT Pro Series >>>> $19.99

Spiderman 3 >>>> $19.99

Shrek the Third >>>> $19.99

DS

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games >>>> $34.99

Spiderman 3 >>>> $19.99

PS2

Spiderman 3 >>>> $19.99

PC GAMES:

50% off all PC games $19.99 or less

Pictured:
Half-life 2 >>>> $9.99
World of Warcraft >>>> $9.99

50% off all Strategy guides

Pictured:
Pokemon Pokedex >>>> $9.99
Halo 3 >>>> $9.99

Best Buy

Thanks to piercey!

[quote name='piercey']Even better, how about a list?

:360:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare ---- $59.99
NFL Tour ------- $39.99
Assassins Creed ------ $39.99
BioShock -------- $39.99
Burnout Paradise (with free car) ------- $59.99

Buy Burnout Paradise and the Wireless Racing Wheel ($99.99) and recieve a $20 gift card.

:ps3:

Assassins Creed ---------- $39.99
Eye Camera ---------- $39.99

:ds:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ----- $34.99
Brain Challenge---------- $19.99
Pokemon Pearl - $34.99
Pokemon Diamond ----- $34.99

:wii:

Sonic Riders ---- $49.99
No More Heroes ----- $49.99
Lego Starwars: The complete saga----- $49.99
Cooking Mama: Cook Off ------ $29.99

:psp:

following games all $14.99:

SOCOM
Wipeout Pure
Hot Shots Golf
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition

:ps2:

Sonic Riders ----- $39.99

:pc:

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars ---- $19.99
Gears of War ----- $49.99
Call of Duty 4 ------ $49.99
Pirates of the Burning Sea - $49.99[/quote]

Target

Thanks to mephitical!

[quote name='mephitical']I just got the Target prices. I made them with my body.
And then I stole them from SlickDeals, who stole them from DVDTalk.

Target Prices 1/20/08 - 1/26/08
Video Games
Nintendo DS
Advance Wars: Days Of Ruin - 29.99 (available Tues. 1/22 by 4pm)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - 34.99 (available Wed. 1/23 by 4pm)

Playstation 3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 59.99
Unreal Tournament 3 - 59.99

XBOX 360
Dark Sector - 59.99 (available Wed. 1/23 by 4pm)
Halo 3 - 59.99

Playstation 3 / XBOX 360
Burnout Paradise - 59.99 (available Tues. 1/22 by 4pm)
Call Of Duty 4 - 59.99 - Free $10 Target Giftcard with purchase
NBA 2K8 - 39.99 (price cut)

Grand Theft Auto IV (Free & Exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV Game System Wrap for PS3 or XBOX 360 with $10 reservation of regular or special-edition game - available April 2008, free wrap available with game pickup)[/quote]

[quote name='rainking187']What, no No More Heroes? That worries me, I just figured every place would have it. Anyone know if the Burnout code will be like given out on a card or will the employee just tell you it? Either way I'm sure it will be something like CircuitCity, but I'd like to have the card anyway if possible.[/quote]

Its on Best Buy's ad:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21892231@N05/archives/date-posted/2008/01/16/

too lazy to break it down and post it though...credit goes to SD.

Perfect ... half off guides. My buddy had been looking for a deal on the Assasins Creed guide with art work and such. Not sure if CC sells it though.

Wonder if I could price match it at BB. Anyone?

[quote name='JokerCard']Not a typo on my part for Endless Ocean....Must be CC gouging on the clueless Wii owners or a typo on their part.[/quote]
Must have been a typo on CC's part. I checked the website and Endless Ocean is listed as $29.99.

[quote name='DorianG']Must have been a typo on CC's part. I checked the website and Endless Ocean is listed as $29.99.[/quote] It could be going off of sale next week

[quote name='strikeratt']Perfect ... half off guides. My buddy had been looking for a deal on the Assasins Creed guide with art work and such. Not sure if CC sells it though.

Wonder if I could price match it at BB. Anyone?[/quote]

Hmmm, Best Buy should price match it if it's in this coming week's CC ad, as stated in the OP. Or you could try finding that printout at Circuit City and taking it to Best Buy. If they give you problems just have them call up the CC to verify.

[quote name='fart_bubble']cool, time to pick up Bioshock[/quote]

Agreed.

BioShock on sale? It's about damn time.

[quote name='strikeratt']Perfect ... half off guides. My buddy had been looking for a deal on the Assasins Creed guide with art work and such. Not sure if CC sells it though.

Wonder if I could price match it at BB. Anyone?[/quote]

BB will price match. I picked it up the week after christmas when they had it for 25% off... but the same week they had it 50% off at TRU. So I picked up this collectors version for $13 at BB... because the cashier just took 50% off the already reduced price instead of trying to do math :)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8607395&st=assassins+creed&lp=7&type=product&cp=1&id=1192232569386

They also have the standard version for $20 which should be 10 when they pm at the register.

This half-off $19.99 or less PC games would be awesome if Circuit City actually had fair prices for their games. At my Circuit City, most of the games are still listed at retail, while if you go to the Best Buy across the street you will find the same game $10 or more cheaper (not to mention they have a much better inventory). If this sale was at Best Buy I would be all over it, but it's almost worthless at my Circuit City.

[quote name='Legolas813']This half-off $19.99 or less PC games would be awesome if Circuit City actually had fair prices for their games. At my Circuit City, most of the games are still listed at retail, while if you go to the Best Buy across the street you will find the same game $10 or more cheaper (not to mention they have a much better inventory). If this sale was at Best Buy I would be all over it, but it's almost worthless at my Circuit City.[/quote]

If it's advertised, take the ad to BB and have them match it.

Also, it could be that your CC simply doesn't update the pricing on the actual items. Those games may already be much cheaper.

[quote name='karkyco']If it's advertised, take the ad to BB and have them match it.[/QUOTE]

It's going to be a little tricky. The game I want is $29.99 at Circuit City and $19.99 at Best Buy. The ad says 50% off all PC games $19.99 or less. This deal will not be valid on the game at Circuit City, but it would be at Best Buy. I guess I will try for a price match. Hopefully they won't call up the store and ask how much Circuit City is selling it for.

[quote name='vwbeetlvr']i thought best buy doesnt match general "% off" sales.[/quote]

They should, since it's not a bundle or a B1G1 type deal, which they don't match unless you get lucky with the right CSR.

I've just been denied on the "Buy 2 Get $10 Off" type sales and the "Buy 2 Get One Free" type sales.

[quote name='rainking187'] Anyone know if the Burnout code will be like given out on a card or will the employee just tell you it? Either way I'm sure it will be something like CircuitCity, but I'd like to have the card anyway if possible.[/quote]

Best Buy has a car also, the code is BestBuy - so I assume it will just be the store name for all the cars. I also heard Game Stop has a code as well....

[quote name='prateeko']Best Buy's video game section ad:
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2198876024&context=set-72157603730418428&size=l[/quote]
Even better, how about a list?

:360:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare ---- $59.99
NFL Tour ------- $39.99
BioShock -------- $39.99
Burnout Paradise (with free car) ------- $59.99

Buy Burnout Paradise and the Wireless Racing Wheel ($99.99) and recieve a $20 gift card.

:ps3:

Assassins Creed ---------- $39.99
Eye Camera ---------- $39.99

:ds:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ----- $34.99
Brain Challenge---------- $19.99
Pokemon Pearl - $34.99
Pokemon Diamond ----- $34.99

:wii:

Sonic Riders ---- $49.99
No More Heroes ----- $49.99
Lego Starwars: The complete saga----- $49.99
Cooking Mama: Cook Off ------ $29.99

:psp:

following games all $14.99:

SOCOM
Wipeout Pure
Hot Shots Golf
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition

:ps2:

Sonic Riders ----- $39.99

:pc:

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars ---- $19.99
Gears of War ----- $49.99
Call of Duty 4 ------ $49.99
Pirates of the Burning Sea - $49.99

[quote name='karkyco']Is Assassin's Creed worth it for $40 with another $10 off via the BB coupon?

$30?[/quote]

I would say yes. Even if you decide to sell it afterwards, you should be able to easily get $20+ for it, so it's basically going to cost you a rental if you decide to sell it, and you can play it at your own pace.

I just got the Target prices. I made them with my body.
And then I stole them from SlickDeals, who stole them from DVDTalk.

Target Prices 1/20/08 - 1/26/08
Video Games
Nintendo DS
Advance Wars: Days Of Ruin - 29.99 (available Tues. 1/22 by 4pm)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - 34.99 (available Wed. 1/23 by 4pm)

Playstation 3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 59.99
Unreal Tournament 3 - 59.99

XBOX 360
Halo 3 - 59.99

Playstation 3 / XBOX 360
Burnout Paradise - 59.99 (available Tues. 1/22 by 4pm)
Call Of Duty 4 - 59.99 - Free $10 Target Giftcard with purchase
NBA 2K8 - 39.99 (price cut)

Grand Theft Auto IV (Free & Exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV Game System Wrap for PS3 or XBOX 360 with $10 reservation of regular or special-edition game - available April 2008, free wrap available with game pickup)

[quote name='mephitical']
[/quote]

I thought this was set for a March release. I haven't been keeping up with this title though, did it get moved up?

[quote name='zephie']I thought this was set for a March release. I haven't been keeping up with this title though, did it get moved up?[/quote]
Yeah, that's weird. Amazon and Gamestop both have it listed for March.

I'm hoping Best Buy has Advance Wars for 29.99 since I now have a reward zone card to get another $5 off. Otherwise, I'll bring in the Target ad and have em match. Might check into the PC and Strat guides sale at CC as well.

I think amazon has Advance Wars for $29.99. At least, that's the price I pre-ordered it for a couple days ago.

I may pick up No More Heroes from BB since I have RZ coupons and GC credit.

is quake wars good for 20 bucks?

i just got a new gaming pc and am trying to get some good stuff for it (i only have crysis)

Yes quake wars is GREAT for 20 bucks.. i wonder how much the collectors edition is now lol.

BTW

Soldier of fortune bonus pack w/ rambo dvd is 39.99 also.

Got it today for 18 and some change with reward zone + 10 percent off coupon.

The games okay, glad i didnt pay full price, but its good mindless blowing up people fun.

[quote name='jkaslow']is quake wars good for 20 bucks?

i just got a new gaming pc and am trying to get some good stuff for it (i only have crysis)[/QUOTE]

Try the demo at fileplanet. It's like Battlefield 2 but better imho.

Since I have a $25 Gift Card to BB....I might

BioShock -------- $39.99

I have a $50 GC to Gamestop.....But I might wait for DMC4

God dammit, right when I get a 360, CoD4 goes back up to $60, which I'm not paying because I already beat the single player and definitely not paying $60 for Halo3...Maybe Skate will drop soon. Thanks for the ads

bread's done
Back