Circuit City Clearance list. 5 - 10 dollar games as of June 18

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
June 18.

Since this list was bumped I changed it so that no one would think that the old prices still counted. At this point I don't know if CC has any kind of percentage clearance going.

Here then are the games that I know to be 5 - 10 as thier regular price.

GCN:

MX Superfly $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Star Wars Rogue leader $10
Street Hoops $10
Waverace Bluestorm $10
WWE Crushhour $10

XBOX:

Alter Echo $10
Batman Dark Tomorrow $10
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Shenmue II $10
Triple Play 2002 $5

PS2:

Alter Echo $10
Breath of Fire:DQ $10
Corvette $10
Evergrace $10
Evolution Skateboarding $10
Haven $5
RTX Redrock $10
Shinobi $10
Silpheed
Transworld Surf $10
Wipeout Fusion $10

So whats the use in that? Wouldn't you be embarrased to walk up to the front desk and say its worth 25 dollars even though the pric tag says 50? And what if the person across the register already marks the product and it comes out to 50?

just got back from another CC run and heading out to another. all the BG&E for tomorrow are being put back on the shelves and the $10 price cards are out. sweet.

xbx dark summit (game sucks, i know) but $3.32
ps2 gitaroo 3.32
xbx enclave 3.32

I know, I know... the buy3/save$20 is factored in their but those are the prices coming up.

also, most value bin games will not be discounted. look for games w/o the value stickers and they're cheaper.

xbx capcom snk = $10
xbx capcom marvel(?)= $20 before b3/s20
xbx ts2 = $3.32

gotta go back for more...

Went to two of my local Circuit City's pick up a bunch of game
Deus Ex $3.33
Final Fantasy Origins $8 and change
Skies of Arcadia $18 and change
Cashier gave me the promo credit
Haven 4.99
Dr. Muto 14.99 (I'm going to return it)
Went to the other Circuit City and pickup these games
Phantasy Star Collection $10
Breath of Fire II $15
Red Faction II $10
Blodrayne $10
Went to ebgames They said Haven wouldn't work for the Final Fantasy promo so I went to games GameStop and pickup 3 cheep games $24 for three went back to Ebgames. gave them Deus Ex and the three Gamestop games cashier told me none of them would count Toward the new Final Fantasy. I told him that the promotion only said you couldn't trade sports titles. He check with his boss who told him they did I was happy any I think every employee in the store was happy because they were going to do the same thing and trade-in their POS games. So I got Final Fantasy CC and the link cable for 30 (they charged me sales tax no big deal)
Since I still had haven I stop by another GameStop picked up 3 more games for 17.00 with tax and just did the Ninja Gaiden trade.
so in all I gottwo pre releases for $52
maybe I'll pickup some more game just in case they do any more of these promotion

Big thanks to everyone who posted to this and and extra big thanks to D4rkewolfe for starting the list

[quote name='"Querjek"'][quote name='WhoDey'][quote name='Querjek']I just got some of the sale games. I'm too lazy to list them, but FYI Mace Griffin rang up as $19.99, and Defender for GBA is $7.98.[/quote]

Did you go to the one in P-burg? Just wondering because I went there last night and they didn't have hardly any of what I wanted. I'd be interested to know which GC and GBA games you got if any. Thanks.[/quote]

That's the one I went to. That's where I got my deals. I have to agree, they were kinda picked over. Ah well.....

[quote name='"KrazyKefka"'][quote name='Querjek'][quote name='WhoDey'][quote name='Querjek']I just got some of the sale games. I'm too lazy to list them, but FYI Mace Griffin rang up as $19.99, and Defender for GBA is $7.98.[/quote]

Did you go to the one in P-burg? Just wondering because I went there last night and they didn't have hardly any of what I wanted. I'd be interested to know which GC and GBA games you got if any. Thanks.[/quote]

That's the one I went to. That's where I got my deals. I have to agree, they were kinda picked over. Ah well.....[/quote]

Yeah, do they get new games throughout the week (the ones being discounted) or is it once they're gone, they're gone? I'm going to check back sometime next week. As I was looking and not being able to find any of the 6 GC games I wanted I was thinking, man, those 2 other CAGs have already cleared this place out :wink:

And I too saw that Skies of Arcadia with a $25 tag on it but I already have it. I'm looking for RE 2 and RE 3 but all they had was RE and RE 0. If you guys notice them getting another batch, please post :eek:

[quote name='"WhoDey"'][quote name='KrazyKefka'][quote name='Querjek'][quote name='WhoDey'][quote name='Querjek']I just got some of the sale games. I'm too lazy to list them, but FYI Mace Griffin rang up as $19.99, and Defender for GBA is $7.98.[/quote]

That's the one I went to. That's where I got my deals. I have to agree, they were kinda picked over. Ah well.....[/quote]

Yeah, do they get new games throughout the week (the ones being discounted) or is it once they're gone, they're gone? I'm going to check back sometime next week. As I was looking and not being able to find any of the 6 GC games I wanted I was thinking, man, those 2 other CAGs have already cleared this place out :wink:

And I too saw that Skies of Arcadia with a $25 tag on it but I already have it. I'm looking for RE 2 and RE 3 but all they had was RE and RE 0. If you guys notice them getting another batch, please post :eek:[/quote]
Heh, I would have cleared the place out a while ago, but I wasn't in Parkersburg for like a month-I actually live an hour away in Ohio, but go there when my sister has dance class (3 times per week) and today was the first time back in a while. The bin that I saw had DC and PS2 games in it, no Xbox or GCN. BTW, you may want to check behind the GCN games if you haven't. I didn't have time to, but I'm sure that there are some games hidden behind others.

Well guys, remember tomorrow another day, and another deal. I for one expect more games to enter this 1/2 off sale, hopefully. So perhaps we will be seeing more great games coming at a cheap ass price.

[quote="Querjek BTW, you may want to check behind the GCN games if you haven't. I didn't have time to, but I'm sure that there are some games hidden behind others.[/quote]

Believe me, I spent a good 20 min checking behind every GC and GBA game they had there. That's where I found the only one I got, BOF2.

Tonight I picked up:

PS2:

Grandia Xtreme
Listed: ~$50 Scanned ~$24

Robot Alchemical Drive Listed ~$50 Scanned ~$24
(I know this game was mentioned..but I could have swore I saw 20 dollars posted for it...)

Tenchu was ~$15 as everyone has already said (list ~$30)

I picked up BG&E so I could price match it tomorrow

today it was listed ~$50 Scanned for I believe ~$39

the promotion kicked in for Grandia Xtreme, RAD, and BG&E

so my receipt ended up being

Grandia Xtreme 18.32
RAD 18.32
BG&E 33.32
Tenchu 14.96

I hope they don't give me flak about doing a price correction for BG&E tomorrow for the 10 dollar sale, since that owuld technically kill the promotion applied to my purchases also...though since it was given on a previous price if they do bug me about it I'll argue them down.

I was kinda peeved though, the day before they had JSRF, pryzm, Rogue Squadron II, Harvest Moon...I didn't know those were on sale...someone snagged them =(

Also, they only had the Value versions of Wreckless, Matt Hoffman Pro 2, Dr Muto and a few others so I couldn't get them for cheap =(

Guess I cannot complain, I did snag around 20 different games for about $200 form these deals, cheapassgamers rocks!

[quote name='WhoDey']
Yeah, do they get new games throughout the week (the ones being discounted) or is it once they're gone, they're gone? I'm going to check back sometime next week. As I was looking and not being able to find any of the 6 GC games I wanted I was thinking, man, those 2 other CAGs have already cleared this place out :wink: [/quote]

Hey now, don't blame me :mrgreen: I only got those 3 games I mentioned earlier. Maybe there are more CAG'ers than we know about. Anyways, I've been checking out EB at the mall mostly. Talk about being picked over. I have $60 in credit from the $10/game trade-in deal earlier, but they don't have much of anything. I wanted to try and use it before I have to head back to school. Oh well...
Not to mention the fact that I pre-ordered FF:CC and haven't gotten my link cable yet. Checked today and they still didn't have them in :evil:
Urge...to kill....rising...

As for your question, I honestly have no idea one way or the other. I'm wondering when the hell EB is going to get some new games.

[quote name='Querjek']Heh, I would have cleared the place out a while ago, but I wasn't in Parkersburg for like a month-I actually live an hour away in Ohio, but go there when my sister has dance class (3 times per week) and today was the first time back in a while. The bin that I saw had DC and PS2 games in it, no Xbox or GCN. BTW, you may want to check behind the GCN games if you haven't. I didn't have time to, but I'm sure that there are some games hidden behind others.[/quote]

I live in Ohio too. Marietta, actually, which is only about 15 minutes away.

I went to my CC looking for Phantasy Star Collection, Skies of Arcadia Legend and Rez, and end up got:
2 Skies of Arcadia Legend
1 Advance Wars 2 (just to fullfill the 3 save $20 deal)
and paid $60 plus tax.
I didn't want to get 2 Skies, but I really couldn't find any other games I wanted, plus most games on the sale list weren't available in my CC.
So if anyone want to trade? I really want Rez...
If not I will sell it online.
Can someone help me pick up Phantasy Star Collection?

O yea, I also got PS2 version of Beyond Good and Evil for price difference.

does anyone know if the buy 2 get 10 dollars off sale ended at Circuit City today? I bought Tony Hawk Underground for 37.99 and Ratchet and Clank for 19.99 and I don't think they guy at the register gave me the 10 bucks off.

any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

I went back to CC to check once more for deals, and ended up buying BG&E for $39 (listed at $49 - cashier was suprised I told him what the real price was). Noticing a short supply of PoPs and Splinter Cells for Xbox so I bought both as well to price match all of these tommorrow when the circular goes live. The added benefit of doing this was that I qualified for the "buy 3, get $20 off" deal effectively reducing each games price by about $7. So even before the sale starts, I got PoP for $7 cheaper than I would of tommorrow. The guy said there should be no problem price matching all of them - I can always get a refund then repurchase if they throw a fit :) but an added 10% would be nice! I wonder if they'll find it odd the only titles I bought and were listed on my receipt were to go on sale the next day..... oh, out oof curiosityy, I asked if I could get the Sunday circular today (this was at 6pm so the day for them is pretty much over) - They told me they couldn't as they were confidential until Sunday and the earliest any one could get them is the Sunday paper or walking in at opening.

I also went to 2 other CCs on a hunt for a few other games and came up empty handed. Despite a few in stock that were $5 - even at $5, some games I just didn't want. I'm too lazy to buy them for trade ins too.

Thanks to all for the CC insider info.. Keep it coming!

Just to let everyone know, I checked two CC's in New York City and both did NOT have any of these great prices anymore. In fact Mace Griffith waS $19.99 and Italian Job came up $14.99. This was as of 8:30 PM EST in NYC.

Well seems I'm the only one that noticed. In the ad for this Sunday it mentions the 1/2 off sale. So most likely it will keep going on, and as I always mention...perhaps more games added to this sale.

OK, so today's trip to the Parkersburg, WV CC brought me - (prices are near approximations)

Parappa the Rappa 2 - $7.50
LoK: Blood Omen 2 - $3.33
Ape Escape 2 - $13.32
Twisted Metal Black - $9.99
Metal Gear Solid: Substance - $14.99
Giants: Citizen Kabuto - $4.99

When he gave me the total I must have had a suprised look on my face because le dude says -
"See, we've got a special this week buy three games, save $20." I said "No dear sir, your little sale didn't save me. Cheapy D is my savior." Then I just laughed, doffed my feathered cap to him, carved a "CAG" in his shirt with a quick flick of my rapier, then gallopped off on my steed Dollorado.

Love,

Justin

[quote name='tmbgman']OK, so today's trip to the Parkersburg, WV CC brought me - (prices are near approximations)

Parappa the Rappa 2 - $7.50
LoK: Blood Omen 2 - $3.33
Ape Escape 2 - $13.32
Twisted Metal Black - $9.99
Metal Gear Solid: Substance - $14.99
Giants: Citizen Kabuto - $4.99

When he gave me the total I must have had a suprised look on my face because le dude says -
"See, we've got a special this week buy three games, save $20." I said "No dear sir, your little sale didn't save me. Cheapy D is my savior." Then I just laughed, doffed my feathered cap to him, carved a "CAG" in his shirt with a quick flick of my rapier, then gallopped off on my steed Dollorado.

Love,

Justin[/quote]
Wait... Giants is $5? I was at the same CC earlier yesterday, and saw it, but I thought it was $10. Well, damn. I'll be back next Saturday.

Well, I just got my paper and it says 50% off select games again. Sweet! So what's the best way to get the price match with reciepts? Goto Customer service and ask them to price check all the games on your reciepts?

why when I insert the word fire in a search for games At CC does it not find ANY breath of fire?If I put breath of fire in this is the response I get:Your search for BREATH OF FIRE in Games returned 0 items.Now that search should be thru all games not just one system,but I can't find BoF for any system on the site.

I just got back and the only games that are 50 off are crappy clearance games the guy showed me the list and he said it was onyl for last week but i still bought BG&E for 9.99 gungriffon blaze 4.96 and 6 jampack for a penny each which isnt to bad

Hey everyone, I have a theory regarding which games are 50% off and which aren't. Excluding clearance items, it seems like any game that does not appear on CC's website is half off. I can't think of one exception, but if anyone else can, please share.

Today at my CC, Defender and Lost Kingdoms for GCN price checked at $9.99 instead of the $4.99 listed here before..

yea the mace griffins and baldurs gates rang up the right prices. not the 50% off and the only game i found was the clearance ones that where marked like.9.96 or a stupid ending and no i didnt get to keep tyhe list lol

[quote name='huma79']Today at my CC, Defender and Lost Kingdoms for GCN price checked at $9.99 instead of the $4.99 listed here before..[/quote]The list on the front page says that those are $9.9x each.

My Circuit City had 1 copy of Shinobi (rang up $4.98 ) and several Maximo's (rang up $9.99). I also got Beyond Good and Evil (PS2 version for $9.99) and Rogue Ops (Xbox version $14.99).

Also, I'd like to pass my thanks to CAG. You guys saved me a ton of money over the last week. :wink:

I live in Upstate S.C. The Greenville CC has good employees who have went through the games and correctly priced everything. Needless to say they are pretty much picked over (I got all the games from them I wanted before this, though) and the only cheap games they have left are pretty much crap.

I went by the Anderson Store this afternoon and, lo and behold, those lazy scoundrels had done no pricing or put much of anything into the bins.

Here was today's CC haul for me:

Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) - $9.99
Winter 01 Jampack (PS2) - $0.01
Jet Grind Radio (GBA) - $12.49
Contra Advance (GBA) - $7.49
Duke Nukem 3D (GBA) - $14.99
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (Xbox) - $19.99
Rock n' Roll Racing (GBA) - $9.98
Lost Kingdoms (GC) - $9.99
GC Couchside Assistance Kit - $0.01

They had tons of the Couside Assistance kits but the guy would only sell me one. I had made him price check a stack of games 3 times already and I was pushing my luck so I let it slide.

They also had tons of other games I think people in here want but I didn't, such as Wild Arms 3, Ephemeral Phantasia, Amplitude, and others. If you can get to the Anderson S.C. CC you may want to check it out.

Let me also add that Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure rang up at $29.99 for all three systems. I think someone said it was discounted, but it's not.

Also, the guys at this CC said that the Buy 3 get $20, etc. deals were definately over, at least for them.

Let me also add that I love CAG and will be a long time fan. I have bought more games over the last three months than in the last three years and all of them were $19.99 or less. I've probably bought 20 games at CC alone. There's no way I'll ever get around to playing all of them to the end but I sure am a happy, satisfied gamer.

Thanks CAG!!! :)

So as of today (Sunday), are games still ringing up less than the sticker price or is it all over? There seems to be conflicting reports.

[quote name='WhoDey']So as of today (Sunday), are games still ringing up less than the sticker price or is it all over? There seems to be conflicting reports.[/quote]

Games should still ring up at the prices indicated on the first post of this thread. The only exception so far seems to be the Disney skating game, and quite possibly the other two games listed on last week's ad (Wolverine's Revenge and Primal).

Harvest Moon rang up $19.99 or whatever as a value bin game, not part of the 50% clearance.

Pretty much everything I've seen posted to this list was correct if I checked it

Some games I picked up today, not listed in the first post,

PSX:
$5
Um Jammer Lammy
Rollcage Stage II
40 Winks

$7.5
Mega Man X5

$10
Star Ocean 2
Dragon Valor
Breath of Fire 3

PS2:
$5
Slipheed
Gungriffon Blaze

$10
Silent Hill 2
Rally Fusion
Activision Anothology
Zone of the Enders
Gauntlet Dark Legacy

There are lots more I'd be willing to bet are on sale too. Pretty much anything that had been re-stickered meaning a price drop at some point came up 50% off when I tried it today. In fact the only game I brought to the counter that didn't show up right was the Harvest Moon game, as it came up as one of the value bin games, like most of the newer cheap PSX/PS2 games that are sold their & Best Buy & TRU.

Well, my locally moron ran Circuit City refused to sell me Timesplitters 2 at $10... they said it wasnt supposed to be in the bin. Of course they dont TELL ANYONE whats in the "qualified games", dumb bastards

Just in case anyone goes to the Novi MI CC, they still have one copy of Panzer left. And no, i wont pick it up to send to anyone..

It's not a matter of whether they want to or not, they as of today anyway have a nationwide ad stating 50% off select games, but what they don't realize as that most of the older titles, games they probably shouldn't even still have in the store anymore, will ring up 50% off as well. Take the other peoples word here, pick the game up and just take it to the counter. It should ring up at the correct price, if it doesn't tell them you changed your mind. :p

Depending on what version you're after, Sam's Club had TS2 for $13.86 or something like that back way before XMAS. It's not really that much of a discount over how cheap it's been sold elsewhere. But on some titles this is the cheapest they've been! :)

I just went and picked up the last copy of Capcom vs SNK 2EO (Xbox) for 9.96$

aND I ALSO GOT Marvel Vs Capcom 2 FOR $19.96
(xBOX) at Circuit City

Here's what I got at the Circuit City in Northridge, California today.

GameCube:

Lost Kingdoms - $9.99
Batman: Rise on Sin Tzu (Lithograph Commemorative Edition) - $19.99

I got the last copies of both of those games but I then I think they migth have had some more non Lithograph versions of Batman left.

The also had Wave Race: Blue Storm and Banjo Kazooie for GBA in stock.

They ran out of Beyond Good & Evil for PS2 so I went to Best Buy and brought the ad with me to try to price match both the PS2 and GCN ones.....but htye wouldn't let me have the GCN version for a nice price so I put the GCN version back on the shelf. I don't have PS2 but I'll jsut give it to my friend as a late X-mas present since it's too much of a hassle to get back in line for.

I heard someone on this board say they traded it in at gamestop for some nice store vredit but when I attempted to, they offered only $7 in store credit, so I refused.

Updated the list.

I'm glad the buy 3 save 20 is over because it's hard to tell sometimes if the discount was applied.

Also please put the system a game is for. There were some I was unsure about.

Celsius, are you the bastage picking northridge dry? :D

That store is always gutted isn't it?

congrats on your find and thanks for posting the price match story at BB...saves me a trip! best buy ahoy!!!

bread's done
Back