Circuit City is back!

Rouzhokuu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
http://www.circuitcity.com/

On May 19, 2009, Systemax Inc. purchased the Circuit City brand and website. Systemax Inc. has been in business since 1949. Systemax Inc. is a leading multi-channel retailer of computers, electronics, and industrial products in North America and Europe. Systemax Inc. is a publicly traded company on the NYSE under the symbol SYX.

And..

You heard it here first...CircuitCity.com is coming back, bigger and better than ever!

How?
Systemax Inc. is Re-Launching the Circuit City brand with new Lower Prices, new Wider Selection, new Faster Shipping, and a better 24/7 Customer First Service Department.

Circuit City served American Shoppers for 60 Years. We're here to continue that tradition online with lower prices and special deals, a better selection of the products you want most, award winning customer service and same day shipping, starting at $1.99.

Americans love to get great products at great prices. We promise you that is exactly what you'll find at the Re-Launched CircuitCity.com.

We have a team of folks feverishly working to put up the finishing touches on the new website. We ask that you come back in a few days and experience the New CircuitCity.com.

Regards,

sig.jpg

Gilbert Fiorentino - Chief Executive
Systemax Technology Group

Makes me wonder if they'll ever open up physical Circuit City stores in the future, or keep it entirely online.

Still, good news though. The more reputable sites we have to choose from, the better chance for good deals.

I hope this is true Best Buy need a little competition. I just hope they treat the employees a bit better.

[quote name='vherub']like when the compusa brand was bought by tiger[/QUOTE]

Systemax bought compusa, the website, and 16 stores. They're doing the same thing here to the circuit city name.

You won't see a grand comeback of circuit city at least in a B&M sense.

Since Compusa has "come back", their prices have been absolutely atrocious. Newegg/ZZF and even Amazon beat them regularly.

Let's see what offers they have for us gamers. I only ask that they don't have a messy and crap ad filled website like CompUSA and Tiger.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

CircuitCity.com always brings a smile to my face because I remember staying up late, waiting for their clearance titles to be uploaded. I remember feverishly adding as much to my cart as I possibly could. A good portion of those nights, it was worth it to stay up.

I have a feeling this won't be happening with the new Circuit City.com

The name and logo are back, that's it. Like others have said, just go look at the CompUSA and TigerDirect sites to get an idea what the site will be like. Don't get excited. At all.

Great. So now Tiger/Systemax own BOTH CompUSA and Circuit City's names, this will not bode well for any of us.

Well, unless you like shitty deals, that is.

[quote name='VipFREAK']:yawn:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, wake me up when there is a deal. Its not like there is a lack of places to buy stuff online. Who Fing cares unless you have good deals?

[quote name='neocisco']The name and logo are back, that's it. Like others have said, just go look at the CompUSA and TigerDirect sites to get an idea what the site will be like. Don't get excited. At all.[/QUOTE]

While I am happy to see CC.com is back I'm not too excited yet either. If Systemax can do something to make it worthwhile then I'll be more excited. For right now to me its a new start up company using an established name to draw traffic.

I'm on the revived "CompUSA" mailing list and I'm not getting must buy deals (mostly refurbished and stuff you don't really want) - I'm assuming we'll get the same results from the new "Circuit City"

This 'reboot' of Circuit City reminds me alot of Service Merchandise and Montgomery Ward, both of which closed all their retail stores. But a quick whois search reveals the actual owner(s) of the site/name in short order.

they do not have shit right now as far as good deals infact some of the 360 games are higher than can buy intown without shipping

This is an email i got at 5/24/09, 10:23 PM (PST)

CCEM001e_02.jpg

CCEM001e_09.jpg
CCEM001e_10.jpg

CCEM001e_19.jpg

CCEM001e_32.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Prices valid thru 5/31/2009. Not responsible for typographical, technical, or descriptive errors of products herein. Prices are subject to change. Items may be available online or by phone only--prices and availability in circuitcity.com.[/FONT]

[quote name='MrDubbs']How is TDK for DVD R's? I know it's only 99 cents, but still[/QUOTE]

Fantastic. TDK alongside Verbatim are the two brands I trust the most. Bummer its just on DVD+R since I prefer DVD-R myself.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This 'reboot' of Circuit City reminds me alot of Service Merchandise and Montgomery Ward, both of which closed all their retail stores. But a quick whois search reveals the actual owner(s) of the site/name in short order.[/QUOTE]

Montgomery Ward is a bit weird. In the mid 70's, the stores were sold off and the catalogs were still around apparently, but not tied to the stores. He said it was a big headache explaining it to people (mostly the elderly) and trying to help them find what they wanted. At the time, there was hardly anywhere in the town to get certain things besides there. Oh, and the company that bought the stores was Mobil. This is funny because my my grandfather (my dad's father in law), was an accountant at the local Mobil gas station.

Oddly enough, Jamesway sealed the coffin for Ward in the town. Jamesway thrived well in the area (again, they were pretty much the only game in town) until K-Mart and Wal-Mart moved in near both Jamesway stores and into bankruptcy, Jamesway marked crap down and got out of town.

But yeah, Ward was sold name only which seems to be the CC deal. As for CC, I don't see them competing with Newegg or even Amazon.

bread's done
Back