Circuit City is cheapass gaming heaven right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braden

CAGiversary!
I'm sure that most of you have already seen these deals posted on the main page, BUT!...

...most of them show that they are SOLD OUT on Circuit City's website!

Still, there is hope!

I went into my local Circuit City yesterday to see if they still had any of the following games in stock that were advertised cheap on this website, but were sold out on THEIR website. I found the following (all for PS2, btw)-

Alter Echo- Priced @ $20, but rang up for $10
Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter- Priced @ $30, but rang up for $10
Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven- Priced @ 40, but rang up for $15
Wild Arms 3- Priced @ $30, but rang up for $10
Zone Of The Enders: The 2nd Runner- Priced @ $30, but rang up for a cool $15!

And lastly, for you Gamecube owners...

I found a copy of Resident Evil: RE pricemarked @ $30, but ringing up for $20! I brought this up to them, on the wim, that as it was an older game, it would probably ring up cheaper than marked. I was right!

I dropped a little less than $90 (after tax), but walked out with 6, count 'em, SIX!, "decent to good to GREAT!" games!!!

That averages out to less than $15 per game people!

The guy that scanned them for me even admitted that they had some Re-pricing to do! So, now is the time to hit Circuit City! Before they catch up with their pricing, and other shoppers SEE the bargains!

If you have a CC in your town, do as I did...

Start by searching their website games (even if they show that they are "out of stock"!), then compile a list of what you want. Go to the store and hunt them down. Take a pile of games up to a clerk, or register, regardless of the "marked" price, and have that person scan them. They should match the website price. @ least they have @ my local CC here in Springfield, MO.!

Don't waste another minute. Plan your strategy now as Black Friday's coming and after that, they may be GONE, due to all of the bargain shoppers!!!

~~When life gives you lemons, return 'em @ Wal-Mart for higher credit! LOL~~

Been to another CC in NYC they still had a pretty good selection of games. saw ZOE2, BoF, Freaky Flyers, Treasure planet, Pride, alter echo, and drome racers still on the shelves. The xbox section was cleared out though.

I saw Red Faction II for the GC sold out on Circuit City's website at the price of $9.99. Since I was going the day after Thanksgiving, I figured I would print out the page with the price to see if they would match the price if it were there. I got in, and there were quite a few moms snapping up the cheap GC games. I saw Red Faction II on the shelf, but it said $29.96. Took it to checkout, and it rang up as $9.96. I didn't even need the page I printed out!

I know that Circuit City and Best Buy do not update the prices on the packages often, so if you've seen it on their site cheaper and you see it higher in store, ask someone for a price check. I'm sure it will ring up on the price you've seen on their company's site.

I just got

2X Shenmue II
2X Capcom VS SNK 2
2X NASCAR Heat 2002
2X Alter Echo
1X Murakumo

All for the grand total of 79.20. The look on the guy's face that did the price check was priceless.

Did anyone manage to save a picture of CC's website when they first had this deal? I want to go to BB and price match... :lol: I'm so cheap...

[quote name='snoser']Did anyone manage to save a picture of CC's website when they first had this deal? I want to go to BB and price match... :lol: I'm so cheap...[/quote]

hehe, not a bad idea, can someone have gotten the screenshot? please? =P

Well I made my 4th cheapass trip to CC tonight. No one in my area seems to know about it. It's funny they had a Broadband station set up there so I checked this forum AT CC to make sure I wasn't missing any deals i forgot about! I picked up haven, Wreckless, Mukurukoumaduma and JSRF. All $5 a peice to be traded in at eb for $10 credit a peice!

[quote name='snoser']Did anyone manage to save a picture of CC's website when they first had this deal? I want to go to BB and price match... :lol: I'm so cheap...[/quote]

yeah i have screen shots of them pm me ur email addresss and i'll send them to u

anyone know if the cc in fredericksburg va has the same deals, its a new store thats usually empty. i am gonna try tomorrow morning

Well, I went back to Circuit City yesterday, and got a refund for NCCA College Football 2K3 (Xbox). I thought the game cost $10 but it's really $15...

Anyway, I picked up NBA 2K3 (Xbox), Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 (Xbox) and Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox). I had the games price checked by an employee, and she was shocked to find out that Mat Hoffman and JSRF were $5 each. She asked me if there were any more copies, I replied yes, I showed her where the games were on the shelves, and handed her a copy of each game, she was very happy... :lol:

When I got home I noticed the NBA 2K3 and Mat Hoffman game cases were damaged. I guess from bouncing in the trunk of the car. It looks like I'm going back to Circuit City to exchange the games...

I went to another Circuit City located at...

1030 W. North Avenue
Chicago, IL 60622
(312) 521-6070

looking for Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO (Xbox), Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (Xbox) and the Xbox Exhibition Disc Volume 4, with no luck... :(

[quote name='pfunkpearl']Well I made my 4th cheapass trip to CC tonight. No one in my area seems to know about it. It's funny they had a Broadband station set up there so I checked this forum AT CC to make sure I wasn't missing any deals i forgot about! I picked up haven, Wreckless, Mukurukoumaduma and JSRF. All $5 a peice to be traded in at eb for $10 credit a peice![/quote]

do you guys knoe for sure that you can trade in any non-sports used games at eb for $10? i just want to be 100% sure [sorry] cause i dont want to buy random games that i might get stuck with..

i think thats just what they were offering him for those games. They have a book they look it up in and the tell you how much they will give you. You can trade in sports games (usually give you less tho). When they don't accept sports games its cause they have some deal going on. like trade in 3 games get a $50 game free. they usually don't accept sports games for those promotional things cause there like always traded in within a week or two after purchase. then they don't sell them. hope this helps.

There was also a coupon in the last issue of GMR where you could get any greatest or platinum hits title (new) for the trade in of two non sports games. It ends 12/30.

I traded my extra copies of murakumo and wreckless for a sniny new copy of ratchet and clank 1. Not the most amazing deal in the world, but I dug it.

Just picked up Crush Hour and Haven for the after-Christmas EB trade-in deal. I'll go hunting at other CC later to see if I can find 6 more $5 games; can you say PS2/Network for $100?

Of course this would require going to multiple EBs for the trade in.

Hey can I get an update on all the $5 games? other than Haven and some of the other ones I've seen in the past posts. Just wanna make sure I haven't missed any. Also this stuff is all in-store only right? Itd help if I could do a price check online. :whistle2:/

[quote name='Lord Alfred']I am in Upstate South Carolina. Greenville, to be exact.[/quote]

That's awesome LA, I live in Seneca, SC and went to the Circuit City in Anderson today and picked up five games myself. I'll list em shortly, but they were all $15.99 and less, and were games that I've seen already listed in this thread so far.

Four games will be traded in for a FF: Crystal Chronicles pre-order; five games will be traded in for store credit ($50) so I can get a new game for half price.

You may want to call EB before you spend the dough and time on getting these games for trade-in. My local stores have gotten very picky when it comes to the "exclusions" fine print in their deals. Everyone should be aware that there are more exclusions than exceptions when it comes to trading in games at EB.

Went to the CC in Newark, CA and I was happy to find a couple games BUT, Mat Hoffman’s Pro BMX 2 and Wreckless both rang up as 19.99 each. WTF. Is the deal over or was I the only one having problems?

I seem to remember reading something earlier where it depends on the barcodes. I don't remember...maybe somebody else can help you. You did scan them for Xbox, right?

[quote name='bowsernieb']I seem to remember reading something earlier where it depends on the barcodes. I don't remember...maybe somebody else can help you. You did scan them for Xbox, right?[/quote]

yep, both xbox games

[quote name='dlee']Went to the CC in Newark, CA and I was happy to find a couple games BUT, Mat Hoffman’s Pro BMX 2 and Wreckless both rang up as 19.99 each. WTF. Is the deal over or was I the only one having problems?[/quote]

same thing happened to me yesterday...but i did walk out with 3 $5 games for the ebgame deal

will these games work for trading in to get FF:CC at EB for there "after chrsitmas sale". i plan on going to my CC to get JSRF, Wild Arms 3, Gungrave, & Haven call of the King. only reason im getting 2 that are $10 is cause they ran out of $5 games. So will these work cause wild arms 3, and gungravee im going to get and i already own JSRF. so i don't want to be stuck with these games.

[quote name='cegha']will these games work for trading in to get FF:CC at EB for there "after chrsitmas sale". i plan on going to my CC to get JSRF, Wild Arms 3, Gungrave, & Haven call of the King. only reason im getting 2 that are $10 is cause they ran out of $5 games. So will these work cause wild arms 3, and gungravee im going to get and i already own JSRF. so i don't want to be stuck with these games.[/quote]

There are worse games to be stuck with. That reminds me, I still have a copy of Bruce Lee I need to get rid of.

I think the Matt Hoffman for PS2 is $5; not for Xbox.

Also, the Wreckless you should look for is the non-Greatest Hits one; otherwise it will be $19.99.

How is anybody stuck with them?

Just dont open thema nd keep the receipt its christmas time. If they dont accept the games at EB then returnt hem to CC for a full refund?

I dont get it why everyone is so leary?

How is anybody stuck with them?

Just dont open thema nd keep the receipt its christmas time. If they dont accept the games at EB then returnt hem to CC for a full refund?

I dont get it why everyone is so leary?

[quote name='p0tempkin']I think the Matt Hoffman for PS2 is $5; not for Xbox.

Also, the Wreckless you should look for is the non-Greatest Hits one; otherwise it will be $19.99.[/quote]

For both of these you have to find them with the price tag that states the game name and not the "19.99 Special Product" (or something along those lines). The tagging has something to do with the distributor that they bought it from, and the titled tags are the old product.

Hope this helps

Yep cause I just came from CC and had that trouble with Wreckless. I could only find the Platinum Hits version, I had it scanned and it came up 19.99. It does say something about special product. Fortunately I did find one copy and snagged it for 5 dollars. Found Haven, and got 3 JSRF copies, also a copy of BOF for myself. I guess I can trade in one of my other games...like that Tom & Jerry one. I did pay only 7.99 for it anyways.

Edit: Well I went to EB to find out any excluded titles but the actual coupons just mention Sports game. I asked one of the guys there if that is the only exclusion, he said that it is since the thing does mention anything else (yeah I know sometimes these guys have no idea what is going on)...this is only for the 10 bucks for each trade. I did read the one for Crystal Chronicles and it did mention some titles excluded...but the guy did not know once again...but he said it should only be sports game...heck I'll be in Savannah for the beginning of the sale, if it don't work there then I'll bring the games back to NC and do it here. I got the book with me if anyone has questions about it.

Woo, looks like I'm going back to CC tonight to check the tags more carefully (and pick up more copies of Haven).

I'm also going to hit up Target with my 44% off rainchecks to snag a couple of cheap games (to keep, not trade in).

[quote name='p0tempkin']I think the Matt Hoffman for PS2 is $5; not for Xbox.[/quote]

Actually its both becasue if you say the PS2 version is $5 then so is the xbox version because i bought it saturday for xbox for $5

EDIT-For the FF:CC deal (trade in 4 non-sports games) can there be multiple copies of the game. like say 2-3 JSRF or just 1 copy of 4 different games. Also about the PH wreckless i bought mine and it was a PH and it rang up at $5 so i don't know whats wrong.

[quote name='p0tempkin']I think the Matt Hoffman for PS2 is $5; not for Xbox.

Also, the Wreckless you should look for is the non-Greatest Hits one; otherwise it will be $19.99.[/quote]

I went to Circuit City on Saturday, and picked up Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 (Xbox) for $5...

I'm still looking for the non-Platinum Hits version of Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (Xbox) for $5...

[quote name='cegha'][quote name='p0tempkin']I think the Matt Hoffman for PS2 is $5; not for Xbox.[/quote]

Actually its both becasue if you say the PS2 version is $5 then so is the xbox version because i bought it saturday for xbox for $5

EDIT-For the FF:CC deal (trade in 4 non-sports games) can there be multiple copies of the game. like say 2-3 JSRF or just 1 copy of 4 different games. Also about the PH wreckless i bought mine and it was a PH and it rang up at $5 so i don't know whats wrong.[/quote]
I don't know, but I'lll be trying it out myself....I mean I got 3 JSRF copies also.

[quote name='cegha']will these games work for trading in to get FF:CC at EB for there "after chrsitmas sale". i plan on going to my CC to get JSRF, Wild Arms 3, Gungrave, & Haven call of the King. only reason im getting 2 that are $10 is cause they ran out of $5 games. So will these work cause wild arms 3, and gungravee im going to get and i already own JSRF. so i don't want to be stuck with these games.[/quote]

I tried to trade haven, jsrf, wreckless and mukrumu(the $5 mech game) for eb's reserve ninja gaiden and only 9.99 for it. All those titles were POX Meaning they won't take them...well I sent them into the EBworld.com trade in 4 games for ninja gaiden, we'll see if they take them. I hope so, I don't wanna be stuck with Haven....::Shutter::...

[quote name='pfunkpearl'][quote name='cegha']will these games work for trading in to get FF:CC at EB for there "after chrsitmas sale". i plan on going to my CC to get JSRF, Wild Arms 3, Gungrave, & Haven call of the King. only reason im getting 2 that are $10 is cause they ran out of $5 games. So will these work cause wild arms 3, and gungravee im going to get and i already own JSRF. so i don't want to be stuck with these games.[/quote]

I tried to trade haven, jsrf, wreckless and mukrumu(the $5 mech game) for eb's reserve ninja gaiden and only 9.99 for it. All those titles were POX Meaning they won't take them...well I sent them into the EBworld.com trade in 4 games for ninja gaiden, we'll see if they take them. I hope so, I don't wanna be stuck with Haven....::Shutter::...[/quote]

Jesus, is Haven that bad?

Usually they will only allow you to trade in one copy of each title per deal. So if you have 4 copies of one game, especially the crap most people are picking up, look to be stuck with the other 3 copies.

The nearest CC from here is about an hour, so can anyone tell me how much Devil May Cry, Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 2 (PS or GC remake), and Way of the Samurai are? Sorry if I'm being a DumbAss. _>

hey mysillynoodle for all those games you can just check circuitcity.com and search them. The prices on the site will be the same as the prices in-store.

Ah thanks... as for the EBGames $10 trade-in, I got a copy of Contra: Shattered Soldier I got at Blockbuster for $5 to trade... I'm going back there soon to try to get some more deals.

* = Got off of CC’s website. So u might want to print out the ad and take it to be sure that it rings up at that price.

Xbox
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions $5
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO - $10
Shenmue II - $10
Jet Set Radio Future - $5
Sega GT 2002/JSRF - $0.01 (some CC might not let you buy this)
Red Faction 2 - $15
Murakumo - $5
Alter Echo - $10
Sega NBA 2K3 - $10
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance - $15
NCAA College Football 2K3 - $10
Quantum Redshift - $10
BloodRayne - $20
Serious Sam - $20
Mat Hoffman’s Pro BMX 2 - $5
Freaky Flyers - $10
Xbox Exhibition Disc Volume 4 - $5