Circuit City Prices: April 23 - April 29, 2006 ***FF:Advent Children $14.99 @ CC***

sonicbooom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Credit, of course, goes to speedy1961 at dvdtalk. I usually don't put up dvd ads because someone else does, but I noticed something..

======================================

Good Day DVDTalkers and Circuit City watchers!

Got the Circuit City circular for 4/23/06 - 4/29/06 in my hands.

Please be aware of the following:
  • No Interest until 2008 on all TVs $499 & UP // Excludes clearance & Sony XBR
  • No Interest until 4/2007 on all camcorders & digital cameras $299 & UP
  • No Interest for 6 Months on all Navigation / Mobile Video purchases $499 & UP
  • No Interest for 6 Months on all desktop packages $299 & UP
  • Great deal for those looking for a desktop PC: HP Pavilion PC with Intel Celeron Processor // 512 MB DDR2 // 160 GB HD // 17” Flat Screen Monitor // Free HP DJ5440 Printer // WEB ID = A1217N / MX705 / DJ5440 >>>> $569.97 before $170 in rebates
    eek.gif
  • TDK 25 Pack of DVD+/-R OR 50 pack of CD-R for $6.99 each
  • All New Release DVDs are listed as being available on 4/25/06
Ask any questions and I'll try to reply as soon as I can.

**** DVDs / DVD sets ********

Hostel: Unrated Widescreen (pictured) >>>> $19.99
Chronicles of Narnia 1 DVD Edition >>>> $19.99
Fun With Dick & Jane 2005 >>>> $19.99
Brokeback Mountain >>>> $19.99
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children 2 DVD >>>> $14.99
Match Point >>>> $14.99
Tristan & Isolde >>>> $19.99
The Wedding Singer: Totally Awesome Edition >>> $12.99
The Detonator (Wesley Snipes) >>>> $17.99
Dr. Doolitle 3 >>>> $17.99
Dr. Doolitle 3 Pack >>>> $29.99
Karas: The Prophecy >>>> $8.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aeon Flux >>>> $14.99 ****

****Save $5 with combined purchase of Aeon Flux & Aeon Flux: Season 1

Killa Season >>>> $12.99 ****

****Circuit City Exclusive bonus ringtone with purchase

Casanova >>>> $19.99 ****
Shopgirl >>>> $19.99 ****

****Save $6 with combined purchase of Casanova & Shopgirl

Redneck Comedy Roundup >>>> $8.99 ****
Redneck Comedy Roundup 2 >>>> $8.99 ****

****Get Both Titles for $14 when you buy both Comedy Roundup DVDs together

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea >>>> $14.99 ****

****Comes with Free Movie Cash to see Poseidon in theaters 5/13/06 // $10.50 Value // Valid 5/13/06 – 5/2/06

Photo: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...&v=glance&n=130

PSP Movies for $14.99 Each:

SAW II
Harry Potter & Goblet of Fire
The Incredibles
The Chronicles of Narnia

$7.49 EACH:

Road To Perdition w/ Dolby Digital & DTS
12 Monkeys: Special Edition
2 Fast 2 Furious
Bring It On
Cheech & Chong’s Next Movie
John Carpenter’s The Thing: Collector’s Edition
thumpsup.gif

The Hulk 2 DVD Edition
Fast Times At Ridgemont High: Special Edition
Chicken Run
Red Dragon
Traffic (non-Criterion)
Fried Green Tomatoes
The Last Samurai

$9.99 EACH:

Schindler’s List
Carlito’s Way: Ultimate Edition
Carlito’s Way: Rise to Power
Ray (Jaime Foxx)
Ladder 49
Unleashed: Unrated
Meet The Parents: Bonus Edition
Meet The Fockers
The Wedding Date
Bourne Supremacy
The Warriors: Ultimate Director’s Cut
Nutty Professor I & II Pack
Shark Tale
E.T.
Scary Movie
Gone in 60 Seconds: Director’s Cut (Cage & Jolie)
Tyler Perry’s: Madea’s Class Reunion
Wayne’s World: The Complete Epic 2 Pack
Top Gun: Special Collector’s Edition
American Psycho: Uncut Killer Collector’s Edition
The Blues Brothers: 25th Anniversary Edition
Cry Baby: Director’s Cut
Assault on Precinct 13 (2005)
Smokey & The Bandit: Pursuit Pack w/ 3 Movies
eek.gif

Clerks: Collector’s Edition
The Green Mile
Weird Science: High School Reunion Collection Edition
Not Another Teen Movie: Unrated Extended Director’s Cut
The Big Lebowski: Collector’s Edition
Looney Tunes: The Premier Collection

DVD Sets

American Dad: Volume I >>>> $24.99 ****

****Save $15 when you buy American Dad: Volume I and ANY season of Family Guy, King of the Hill, The Simpsons or Futurama

*** CDs ********

$7.99 EACH:

Fantasia: Free Yourself
Run DMC: Greatest Hits
Monica: After The Storm
Bruce Springsteen: Born In The USA
Audioslave: Audioslave
AC/DC: Highway to Hell
Godsmack: Godsmack
K.T. Tunstall: Eye To The Telescope

$8.99 EACH:

Godsmack IV w/exclusive Free T-Shirt while supplies last // 10 per store

$9.99 EACH:

Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is
Toby Keith: White Trash With Money
Lil Wayne: Tha Carter II
Black Eyed Peas: Monkey Business
Floetry: Flo’ology
Shakira: Oral Fixation Volume II
Remy Ma: There’s Something About Remy: Based On A True Story
B.G.: The Hearts of Tha Streetz – Volume II
Rascall Flatts: Me & My Gang
All Out Boy: From Under The Cork Tree (Limited Edition)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Show Your Bones
Juanita Bynum: A Piece Of My Passion
Amel Larrieux: Morning
Rihanna: A Girl Like Me
LL Cool J: Todd Smith
Mercy Me: Coming Up To Breathe
Avant: Director w/Circuit City bonus video download card inside cd

$10.99 EACH:

Bruce Springsteen: We Shall OverCome – The Seeger Sessions DualDisc

w/free Bruce Springsteen lithograph while supplies last // 15 per store

All I can make out on this lithograph is Bruce and a lamp

$11.99 EACH:

Goo Goo Dolls: Let Love In
Taking Back Sunday: Louder Now
K.D. Lang: Reintarnation

========================================

Enjoy!

By the way, does anybody know if gamestop or ebgames will pricematch Circuit City for FF:Advent Children and still allow the preorder bonus?

Phew, a sub-$20 price for Advent Children.

And I didn't know Match Point was coming out already. Convenient that it's coming out same day as Shopgirl. Adding that to my shopping list.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is there only one version of Advent Children? or is the $14.99 for the barebones version?[/QUOTE]

One version is enough for all of us
One version is enough for all of us...

Oh, and yeah... I did mention there is only ONE version of AC right? :D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is there only one version of Advent Children? or is the $14.99 for the barebones version?[/QUOTE]

The only thing different is EB / GS have some bonus dvd... which, imo, isn't worth the rip off price of $24.99 they are charging you for it.

$14.99 is great.

American Dad for $24.99 is good too... I hope Best Buy beats it or offers a better deal though.

[quote name='Bezerker']Im confused, what does it mean when you buy Aeon Flux & Aeon Flux season 1. Its a boxset isnt it?[/QUOTE]

Aeon Flux the movie and Aeon Flux the MTV Animated series.

[quote name='Demolition Man']

One version is enough for all of us...

Oh, and yeah... I did mention there is only ONE version of AC right? :D[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Roufuss']The only thing different is EB / GS have some bonus dvd... which, imo, isn't worth the rip off price of $24.99 they are charging you for it.

$14.99 is great.

American Dad for $24.99 is good too... I hope Best Buy beats it or offers a better deal though.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the quick answers. GS/EB tend to exaggerate and mislead a little with their preorder bonuses, as they're usually not as good as they sound. For $10 more, I'd like to pick up another DVD or something and be glad I didn't jump on the other "deal."

The only problem is that I've probably got to get to CC right as they open or I'll never get the chance to get the DVD there, though it wouldn't be too much of a problem with a BB nearby. Luckily it's finals week and I shouldn't have anything to do on Tuesday.

Thanks go to the OP for posting this ad for next week.

Thanks, OP. I canceled my pre-order @amazon ($17.99 there) and will wait for next sunday's ad. I hope it's in stock and available online at that time...

[quote name='XCutioner93']I'm definitely getting AC from CC, when is the release date anyway? I keep seeing either the 27th or 28th.[/QUOTE]
Release date is the 25th, so they should be in stores by the 26th for the most part.

lol i didn't think anyone was wasting their money on the umd version..

[quote name='botticus']Release date is the 25th, so they should be in stores by the 26th for the most part.[/QUOTE]

It will be at all Circuit City stores right at opening on the 25th. No exceptions.

Guess I'm getting FFAC at CC -- screw GS/EB and their lame preorder disc.

And that Desktop PC combo for $400 after rebates sounds mighty tempting . . . if I had any money that is :)

isn't there another thread on this? according to that other thread, BB will also have FF:AC for $14.99... (which means, Frys will probably have it cheaper that day!! Hooray for price competition!)

Why anyone would buy the UMD is beyond me. Hmm ... let's pay more and not get any extras ...

Yup, the UMD is the movie by itself -- nothin' else. The DVD set is cheaper and has the making of featurettes.

This seems like a pretty obvious choice to me.

With Wal-mart dropping the UMD and now Target, this format is practically dead. Sony's the only studio left supporting it. Just one more "betamax" failure to add to Sony's list.

Too bad the only format they'll win (blu-ray) won't really make them any money ...

lol just got back from Bestbuy with a 269 dollar charge to my debit card... ouch. Picked up nip/tuck season 1 and 2, oc season 1 and 2, and veronica mars season one. I cant complain too much since after price adjustment and rebate this will only cost me around 15 bucks a dvd set :)

I went to Gamestop today and they had the bonus preorder disc. Ok. It looked pretty ghetto. The disc looks like what you'd expect a bonus disc to look like, artwise. However, the packaging sucked. I thought it would come in a cool dvd case with a cool cover like that pre-order Metal Gear Saga: vol. 1 disc. The FF:AV bonus disc came in a plain, no cover, clear plastic jewel case. Practically all you're getting is the disc and no cool packaging.

What's on the disc you ask? One of the worker was nice enough to check out the contents for me. All that's on there are a few interviews with the American voice actors. The interviews asked them what they thought about Final Fantasy and stuff like that. Also included were a few trailers for the new FF game and other FF stuff. There could be more on the disc but the Gamestop guy said that the trailers and interviews were all that he saw on the disc. He said that he was hoping for the Last Order to be included on the bonus disc but sadly its not. Now if you guys want to see the voice actors speak normally then I guess you would like this disc.

Needless to say, I cancelled my preorder and got my $5 back. That bonus disc isnt worth the extra $10 to me. If it was in a dvd case with a cool cover so that I can display it in my collection then I would have consider keeping my preorder.

I've decided to get the movie at BB or CC instead and save that extra $10.

I'm just reporting what I saw in person and my info is as accurate as my memory. Hope this helps anyone that are having a hard time deciding on whether to pay extra for the bonus disc or save $10 and get it at BB or CC......or any other place. Gamestop.....what a joke rip-off. Dont get me wrong they are still great for certain deals and exclusive but sometimes they suck.

14.99 too expensive you say? Well Fry's to the rescue!

$14.77!!! Haha, yea it's not that big a difference, but seeing I have 2 circuit cities, 2 best buys and a Fry's all within 15 minutes from my place, I'll be getting it at Fry's.

[quote name='mkm1998']14.99 too expensive you say? Well Fry's to the rescue!

$14.77!!! Haha, yea it's not that big a difference, but seeing I have 2 circuit cities, 2 best buys and a Fry's all within 15 minutes from my place, I'll be getting it at Fry's.[/QUOTE]

With gas @ over $3 a gallon, I'm going to mail order >$25 worth of stuff from the add and get free shipping! :)

Thx for posting so early...

[quote name='soulwish2003']With gas @ over $3 a gallon, I'm going to mail order >$25 worth of stuff from the add and get free shipping! :)

Thx for posting so early...[/quote]

I'm guessing your in Ca, and yea it's rediculous. There's a gas station in Escondido that is 2.95, think it's off mission. Otherwise I hope at least costco is still under 3$.

But yea, how to you mail order at that price? Is it thru Outpost.com? Cuz I didn't know they would pricematch.

[quote name='mkm1998']I'm guessing your in Ca, and yea it's rediculous. There's a gas station in Escondido that is 2.95, think it's off mission. Otherwise I hope at least costco is still under 3$.[/QUOTE]

Its around $2.80ish a gallon here in Minnesota. And yes... its rediculous as hell.

I'm getting mine from Buy.com for $15.72 after a 10% off coupon. I save 28 cents not getting it from CC (taxes), so I won't cancel my order. Great deal though. Nice post.

[quote name='Omed']will final fantasy be available on monday or tuesday?[/QUOTE]

Unless something were to happen between now and Tuesday then yes it will be out on Tuesday. Not Sunday. Not Monday. But yes..... on Tuesday. Which means you can't buy it until then. No exceptions.

Have I made myself clear?

Hmmm ... not much better, but if you order a lot from Amazon, it appears they've reduced the price to $14.97.

i'm pretty sure this has been covered elsewhere already, but BB has AC for 14.99 tomorrow also.

and i wonder if people are gonna start bidding like mad for the "bonus disc" at EB

bread's done
Back