Compusa Instore Game Clearance YMMV

NoRain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I didn't see this posted anywhere, and it may just be my local store, but CompUsa had a fairly descent clearance sale.

Things I got were as follows all PS2.
All 9.99.
Star Wars Battlefront
Dark Cloud 2
.hack Infection
Devil May Cry 2
Ratchet and Clark

Baldur's Gate Dark Allliance 8.99

CastleVania Lemento of Innocence 14.99
Arc The Lad: TOS 14.99

Tomb Raider 3 Ps1 2.88

They also had of note
Halo Xbox for 9.99
Mario Sunshine 9.99

I didn't really dig thru the XBOX and Gamecube games well since I don't have one, but those are the two games that jumped out that might be worth it. I know none of those are spectacular deals, but I think its worth posting. Also compusa has a buy one item and get the employee discount on it this weekend too. It should be worth checking out.

[quote name='Randomthts']At the San Marcos store in CA the clearance sale is buy one get one free. Some of the titles I saw after the b1g1 discount are:

$10
Alien Hominid PS2
Viewtiful Joe GC
Demonstone PS2

$15
Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires PS2
Crystal Chronicles GC
Drakenguard PS2

$22
Halo 2 LE Xbox

$25
Doom 3 LE Xbox
Knight of the old Republic 2 Xbox[/QUOTE]

There are some decent deals to be had there, but I should point out that in a B1G1 situation, it makes more sense to post the full price of each game, rather than the discounted (50% off) price. B1G1 only becomes a 50% of sale if the games bought are of the same value. To demonstrate, if there are no other $44 games, then Halo 2 LE would have to be purchased with either a higher or loser priced game. If it were bought with Doom 3 LE ($50 before discount), for example, the pre-tax total would be $50, averaging $25 per game. If it were bought with Drakengard, the pre-tax total would be $44, which would average $22 per game (quite a bit higher than the posted $15 for Drakengard). Generally, with a B1G1, it makes sense to try to buy two things at as close to same price as possible, but it doesn't always work out that way.

Just came back from compusa. They had a huge bin at the entrance that said "clearance games 2 for $25". I grabbed halo 2 LE (2 of them), dead or alive ultimate, tak 2, capcom vs snk 2 eo, all for 12.50 each and spawn armageddon (for $4.88). The kid at the register just thought they were great deals, but the other people thought it was a mistake. He even said he didn't think the halo 2 should be there, but I told him there were like 8 of them in the bin and came back and said just sell them for that. He said he's not gonna take the blame for this, and another guy said he was going to speak to the manager after I left since he thought it was a mistake (neither comment was directed at me though). I tend to agree it was a screwup, out of the ones I bought only snk vs capcom 2 had a clearance sticker and it range up automatically at 12.50 (the tag said 16), the others had to be manually adjusted and there were a bunch of $10 games and under (including the spawn) in the bin.

Welp, I picked up some more games for a friend of mine. Got the last Starfox Assault and Yoshi's Touch and Go, as well as Resident Evil 4. Upon inspecting his copy of Starfox Assault and my copy, I noticed the lack of the "Best Seller" Logo, and the slightly reworked art. Regardless, here are some pictures of SF and YT&G with the actual marked down price on the cover.

YoshiFox.jpg

REceipt.jpg

FoxHunt.jpg

I stopped at a CompUSA in Anaheim and found the clearance bin full of NCAA Football 2003 and 2004's, and a slew of older sports titles.

I had the manager scan Paper Mario (came up $49.99) and RE 4 (came up $39.99). I asked if it was certain CompUSA's that mark down games, and he said "No, if the game is $49.99 here, it's $49.99 in all CompUSA's"

What a waste of space.

I saw a lot of reviews about this game and they didn't really tell me anything much but like every gamer knows you gotta play a game to hate a game.:D

bread's done
Back