CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

I picked up the AudioVox Sirius receiver for 7.50 with a 30$ rebate (it requires signup but I'm missed howard stern since he went of the radio). so Cha-Ching. I also picked up some cheap pc games (Movies, Demon Stone, sacred)

[quote name='stoned99']I picked up the AudioVox Sirius receiver for 7.50 with a 30$ rebate (it requires signup but I'm missed howard stern since he went of the radio). so Cha-Ching. I also picked up some cheap pc games (Movies, Demon Stone, sacred)[/QUOTE]

How is it? I'm considering the hour drive to pick one up (and alot of other shit, including a Bush audio stand for $12 each). The only thing I'm worried about is driving an hour for Comp USA inventory b.s., where nothing is in stock or it's damaged if it is.

I just got back from my local CompUSA. I picked up "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" GBA for $5.98. It was clearanced at $7.98 but was lower because of the Red Star discount. I also saw "The Chronicles of Narnia" GBA there for $9.98, but I didn't pick it up because of the poor reviews I had read about it. They also had several X-box and X-box 360 games on the table, but I paid little attention as I have neither system.

When I went to the counter to purchase the "Harry Potter" game, the clerk couldn't believe it was so low and asked me if there were anymore back on the clearance table. I told him that there were two left and he said that he was going to pick one up when he got off from work.

Finally, I was totally surprised to find out that the local CompUSA doesn't seem to carry Gamecube games anymore. They had none on the clearance table or in the cases where they store the new games. The CompUSA about an hour from here has "Gun" for Gamecube listed at $9.98 so I've asked my friend who lives there to pick one up for me when he goes back home tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderdog
does this Promo code work online "REDSTAR25" ?

So I can get:
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

With PromoCode?Online regardless of local store?

Hi, the CompUSA store in City of Industry, CA is closing down. All games are 20% off. They range from ticketed price of $5 to $60.. There were still a large assortment for all the systems. The flyer at the store said that the Chino, Torrance, and a Los Angeles are also closing down and has the same clearance. Everything else in store is also 20-40% off.

Stupid question but I didn't find the answer on any of the posts. How do you know if a product qualifies for "Red Star?" I checked online at CompUSA and it doesn't mention if some products get the extra discount on that special website provided on the first page.

I looked at the list for Indianapolis. I was at the store a couple weeks ago and got a stack of clearance games then, most of them were $5. I also grabbed a 7" portable DVD player for $30. A lot of the games they have listed as in-stock on the website were either sold or stolen weeks ago. Doesn't appear that the lists are very accurate. I remember seeing maybe half the games on that list and the rest are definitely gone. They didn't have many games left in stock so it isn't hard to remember them. Looks like Compusa is getting out of the new video game business or they're really cutting down on their inventory.

Hey CAGs,
I have a question for you. So I bought a bunch of these games about 2 weeks ago. When I found out about this deal, I took the games with me along with the receipt to get them price adjusted. The lady at the returns table gave me this confused look and walked over to the sales manager. The manager came up to me and said he can't do that for me. I told him "OK I'll just return them and buy them again." He said I can't do that either because that's the policy stated in the weekly ad. I grabbed an ad and brought it to him. I asked him to show me where it says that. He looked through the ad for about 5 minutes and finally said "Mah bad, it's not in here but I still can't do a return/rebuy." I asked him what he was going to do with the games after I returned them. He replied by saying they would be held off the floor until tomorrow (coincidentally when the 25% off sale ends). I went to the head of customer service and asked her the same thing. She told me there would be no problem doing the return/rebuy, but the sales manager stepped in and decided to override her decision. So basically, the guy was a major ass to me. I'm just wondering if you guys have had a similar experience and what you suggest I do. I've never had a problem with this procedure at other retailers such as CC, BB, or TRU. Should I pursue this by going to the store manager or call up corporate? Or should I just let it go?

Went to 2 different CompUSA stores and the online inventory list was not even close to what they actually had in stock. I didn't expect it to anyway, although they actually had some things that were not on the website.

I picked up:

Kameo: Elements of Power (360) $14.98
Perfect Dark Zero CE (360) $14.98
Madden NFL 06 (Xbox) $5.98
Arena Football (Xbox) $7.48
Spider-Man 2 (PSP) $7.48
The Movies (PC) $14.98
Final Fight Streetwise (PS2) $11.98

Not a bad assortment of games for the price. This was a decent little 25% off sale if you were lucky enough to find anything in stock.

[quote name='bigjay']Finally, I was totally surprised to find out that the local CompUSA doesn't seem to carry Gamecube games anymore. They had none on the clearance table or in the cases where they store the new games. The CompUSA about an hour from here has "Gun" for Gamecube listed at $9.98 so I've asked my friend who lives there to pick one up for me when he goes back home tonight.[/QUOTE]
I noticed the same thing, they had two GCN games left, on clearance.

Whats up with GBA Micro vs GBA SPs? How do they compare, screen wise and all?

EDIT: After talking with an online CSR, REDSTAR25 ended yesterday. :(

Thanks for the tip on the sale, I was able to pick up:
Perfect Dark Zero Collectors Edition ($15)
Hot Shots Golf Fore ($4)

I don't even have an Xbox 360 but it will be nice to have a game already when I do pick it up. Hot Shots Golf Fore deal wasn't as good as when i got it for Free last year from EBgames but since I gave that copy to my nephew for his birthday I've been really wanting my own copy for a long time now.

They had about 5-6 copies of the Perfect Dark Limited Collectors Edition also. Other items of interest GBA SP Cobalt for $49.98, GBA Micro Black $69.98, Xbox 2004 Holiday Bundle for $124.98. I figure with an additional 25% off these would make sweet deals, especially the Xbox Bundle.

They also had the Halo 2 Limited Edition for $19.98 before 25% off. Funny, I haven't seen it anywhere since right after Halo 2 was launch. They had tons of Halo 2 Limited Editions.

Alot Great XBOX 360 games catch my eyes and i planed pickup XBOX360 next year. Yeap, it's perfect store up cheap xbox 360 games instead hard to find later! I'll hit Compusa on my day off for "Kameo: Elements of Power (360) &
Perfect Dark Zero CE (360) $14.98 each". Possible i'll get CC pricematch with BB $5 off coupon and get PGR 3 for $14.50 :)

Was the 25% off thing YMMV? Or did it end yesterday? (Like it ran last Sunday to this Saturday). Today (Sunday) I picked up 2 games off my store's list and they did not come up 25% off - went all the way through to purchase too...

Also, while I found those 2, just about everything else listed they claimed they did not have in stock. 2 GBA Micro's, SOLD OUT, 29 50-packs of DVD+R's, all SOLD OUT all according to Customer Service. They completely dismissed the web site list and said these things sold out long ago. WTF? I thought the web stock was up to date within a day or two, anyway? I could see if they sold them today, but he made it sound like they hadn't had the Micro in ages, and have never had DVD+R's on clearance. They DID have a couple of Gamecubes for $79.98 and the games I found (2 copies of Blowout, $1.98 each). So some of it was right, anyway. Is their inventory that screwed up that they would lost track of dozens of DVD+R and DVD-R 30 and 50-packs?

Below is my store's list for recordable media. Hmmm - the amounts didn't copy, but most show stock in the 10-30 range. They claimed not to have a single one (parrot-boy just said "SOLD OUT!" every time I asked).

Of course, with the 25% off not working, no longer active, having never worked (or whatever) the prices aren't that great anyway. At least I have 2 cheap trade-in fodder games to show for my trip there :lol:.

308128 4x CD-RW Media, 80 Minute / 700MB, Cakebox, 25 Pack
- Brand: CompUSA
- Category: Accessories » Blank Media » CD-RW Media 3 $9.98
329505 4x DVD+R Media, 120 Minute / 4.7GB, 10 Pack
- Brand: KHypermedia
- Category: Accessories » Blank Media » DVD+R Media 84 $3.98
332178 8x DVD+R Media, 120 Minute / 4.7GB, Cakebox, 50 Pack
- Brand: Sky Media
- Category: Accessories » Blank Media » DVD+R Media 25 $10.98
337510 8X DVD+R Media, 120 MInute / 4.7GB, Spindle, 30 Pack
- Brand: Memorex
- Category: Accessories » Blank Media » DVD+R Media 29 $6.98
329194 8x DVD+R Media, 120 Minute / 4.7GB, Spindle, 50 Pack
- Brand: HP
- Category: Accessories » Blank Media » DVD+R Media 4 $14.98
329045 8X DVD+R Media. 120 Minute, 4.7GB, Spindle, 50 Pack
- Category: Accessories » Blank Media » DVD+R Media 29 $12.98
316433 8x Printable DVD+R Media, 120 Minute / 4.7GB, Spindle, 25 Pack
- Category: Accessories » Blank Media » DVD+R Media 23 $8.98
289893 1x DVD-R Media, 4.7GB, Jewel Case, 10 Pack
- Category: Accessories » Blank Media » DVD-R Media 16 $0.98
329192 8x DVD-R Media, 120 Minute / 4.7GB, Cakebox, 50 Pack
- Brand: HP
- Category: Accessories » Blank Media » DVD-R Media 7 $14.98
332185 8x DVD-R Media, 120 Minute / 4.7GB, Cakebox, 50 Pack
- Brand: Sky Media
- Category: Accessories » Blank Media » DVD-R Media 21 $10.98
329044 8X DVD-R Media. 120 Minute, 4.7GB, Spindle, 50 Pack
- Category: Accessories » Blank Media » DVD-R Media 20 $12.98

I got my stuff yesterday so I'm not sure if it ended on Saturday or not.

damn io, that is some sweet deals on DVD media, I didn't even thing of looking for stuff other than games on clearance.

wow, i wish my CUSA had those DVD media.

the problem with some CUSA locations in my area, is that they don't update their price labels. so if you happen to be looking at the shelf you'll have two different prices. :roll:

[quote name='MadFlava']I got my stuff yesterday so I'm not sure if it ended on Saturday or not.

damn io, that is some sweet deals on DVD media, I didn't even thing of looking for stuff other than games on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Well, it would be great if they actually HAD any of it :rofl:.
They claimed not to have any despite the web site showing 10-30 of each in stock :roll:.

It seemed all the media they had out (at regular prices) were 16x speed - most of the ones on the list are 8x, and I didn't see any of those.

man my compusa's never have any good clearances, its probably because I live in a high income area so they are doing well

[quote name='sarma81']The 25% off was a weeklong promotion that ran from 9/3 to 9/9.[/QUOTE]

Damn, and of course I didn't even notice this thread until Saturday night. Oh well, it is just as well that they didn't have any GBA Micros then, because I wouldn't have bought one for $79.98. It was really nice that the cashier had no idea what I was talking about when I said I thought there should be an additional 25% off though :roll:.

[quote name='io']Was the 25% off thing YMMV? Or did it end yesterday? (Like it ran last Sunday to this Saturday). Today (Sunday) I picked up 2 games off my store's list and they did not come up 25% off - went all the way through to purchase too...[/quote]

I also bought Kameo, and the lady tried to tell me that the $19.98 price was already with the 25% off. I'm going to call them today, and see if I can get the additional 25% off that I was entitled to on Saturday.:bomb:

I tried to get a strategy guide for Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II for $4.98 (which is listed on the website), and a KOTOR II guide for $4.98. The LotR: BfMEII guide rang up at $16.98, and they couldn't find the 1 copy of KOTOR II which was listed in-stock.

Still Perfect Dark Zero Limited Collectors Edition still looks good at $19.98. By the time the regular game drops to that price you won't be able to find the LC edition in stores anymore since I don't think they are making it anymore.

I dont know if its been mentioned or not and I am noot looking through the pages to find out.. But my store has a few double sku's listed at different prices:

335487 Gun
- Brand: Activision
- Category: Gaming » Xbox » Action 5 $29.98
334346 Gun
- Brand: Activision
- Category: Gaming » Xbox » Action 2 $14.98

Greenburgh, NY CompUSA has been cleaned out. The guy I usually go to said that every single GC game was bought by one guy a few weeks ago. Would that be any of you out there???? Most of the PS2 games are gone also and about half of the Xbox games are no longer there. Guess I was a day late and a dollar short.

[quote name='topnotch97']wow, i wish my CUSA had those DVD media.

the problem with some CUSA locations in my area, is that they don't update their price labels. so if you happen to be looking at the shelf you'll have two different prices. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your money on CUSA DVD media - it's shit. If you want cheap but good media, head over to Circuit City and pick up Phillips or Memorex brands.. CC usually (almost all the time where i live) has the 25pk of either for $6.49 or $6.99

Saturday was the last day for the sale. It was on the front page of the weekly ad that it was valid for the week of 9/3-9/9. If anyone gets 25% off at this point, it would be from a manager's override (highly unlikely) since the discount is no longer in the computers.

[quote name='sarma81']Saturday was the last day for the sale. It was on the front page of the weekly ad that it was valid for the week of 9/3-9/9. If anyone gets 25% off at this point, it would be from a manager's override (highly unlikely) since the discount is no longer in the computers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info !!!!

Compusa's "clearances" are so dumb. They call it a clearance, yet it lasts for a week. Now half the old merch will sit there and rot with a "Manager's Special -- $44.99!" sticker on it for the next few years.

[quote name='Apossum']Compusa's "clearances" are so dumb. They call it a clearance, yet it lasts for a week. Now half the old merch will sit there and rot with a "Manager's Special -- $44.99!" sticker on it for the next few years.[/QUOTE]

True, they still have Robotech Invasion for the clearance price of $44.98. This game sold so poorly tht you can find in in clearance bins else where for $5. Though there are still some deals to be had, like Hot Shots Golf Fore for $4.98.

[quote name='MadFlava']True, they still have Robotech Invasion for the clearance price of $44.98. This game sold so poorly tht you can find in in clearance bins else where for $5. Though there are still some deals to be had, like Hot Shots Golf Fore for $4.98.[/QUOTE]
I think some of the prices listed on their site don't correspond to the price in-store. I see Robotech Invasion (Xbox) listed at $44.99 too, but it rang up in-store for $15 or $20 for me a few weeks back. And I think that game was only $30 when it came out also.

yeah either CompUSA workers are too lazy to change price or something. last time i was there i saw NBA 2k3 or 2k4 the one with iverson on the cover for $29 lol. iwas actually surprised they had the items in stock for games i ordered in store pick up.

[quote name='sarma81']Saturday was the last day for the sale. It was on the front page of the weekly ad that it was valid for the week of 9/3-9/9. If anyone gets 25% off at this point, it would be from a manager's override (highly unlikely) since the discount is no longer in the computers.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I was able to coax them into the discount after Saturday, because I truly didn't know when it ended. When I went on Sunday, the manager did the override for me and I was able to pick up a few last bits. I don't know why they just don't keep the sale going, they aren't going to be selling those titles anytime soon at the "normal sale" prices.

Saw 2 The Longest Journey PC for 0.98 cents at my store today. There were a bunch of jewel case only crap games, but that, Ricochet, and Bad Mojo were the only decent ones. I looked for Max Payne 2 but that one's still 9.99.

Bummer.

My CompUSA had a GB Micro apparantly mismarked to $24.98. Needless to say, I ran with it. It isn't worth $100, but $25 was a damn good price.

I scored Dead or Alive 3 (XBOX) for $4 after taxes. SUprised it's not PH. Also, they have tons for Guides for 50% off cover price. Yeap, it's still expensive but i'll wait till it drop down 75% off or more ;)

I just got back from CUSA San Mateo. and that store has also a "Any 3 for $20"

I picked up:
Kameo :x360:
Narnia :gc:
DK Jungle Beat :gc:

i believe Kameo was $19.99, but with the deal, it just priced at $6.67, along with the rest of the titles.

and it looks like the Red Star Inventory is still in effect, just to let you guys know.

Wow, you made a killing on that one. Wonder if any other CUSA stores are running that deal. Definately would pick up Kameo and few others with that.

[quote name='topnotch97']I just got back from CUSA San Mateo. and that store has also a "Any 3 for $20"

I picked up:

i believe Kameo was $19.99, but with the deal, it just priced at $6.67, along with the rest of the titles.

and it looks like the Red Star Inventory is still in effect, just to let you guys know.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='topnotch97']I just got back from CUSA San Mateo. and that store has also a "Any 3 for $20"

I picked up:

and it looks like the Red Star Inventory is still in effect, just to let you guys know.[/QUOTE]

Wow any 3 games for $20 is STEAL DEAL... I think i must call my local compusa now!

The 3 for 20 is defintely YMMV. I live in the area as well, and the San Mateo store has been doing this for a bit. They have had those "clerance" carts up there forever, they just usually dont have anything worth while.

bread's done
Back