Coupon is here!!! Free Nintendogs with 4 preowned GBA trade-ins (or 3) at EB B&M

Condor_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
So the other poster seems to have taken out the information in his thread so I figured I'd start a new one...

Trade in 4 GBA games and pre-order Nintendogs for free at EBGames B&M. This deal has been confirmed by several of us here including me.

Here's the list of pre-owned excluded (POX) games thanks to vietgurl!

GBA POX
Bum (Butt Ugly Martians?)
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dragonball Z: Collectible Card Game
Ecks vs. Sever
Fortress
Fire Pro Wrestling
Iridion
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Ready 2 Rumble 2
WWF: Road to Wrestlemania

The trade in any 3 preowned games seems to be a huge YMMV because not many people have gotten it to work. There's a supposed Streetwise coupon that allows you to trade in any 3 games, no exceptions, to get the preorder but none of us has seen it yet. I'll keep this post updated with any incoming information from you guys.

The promotion code is #3901 if that helps anybody.

Edit: Just did the trade 4 deal... Promo #3929

I traded Dragonball GT Video, Cartoon Network Video, Xevious, and Rayman Advance and was able to preorder the Daschund version with no problems. They didn't take Iridion 3D though as was expected.

Edit 2: The coupon has finally appeared!

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7079/nintendogs0mg.png
Thanks to darkcrawlspace

The coupon is good until September 5, but I don't think anybody here has tried using it yet. Go get 'em!

Edit 3: Link fixed. Also thanks to ahmedmalik and SanjuroTsubaki for their help.

[quote name='chimpian']I have hard copies of the' trade in 3 get nintendogs free' coupons on one side they are the coupons on the other is a big blue nintendogs bone sticker, real cool.
anyway if ya want one message me with your address and ill send them out for a small fee about a $1.00 or less :)
I have 18 of them

cheap on my fellow CAGer's[/QUOTE]

How'd you get so many?

I headed to another EB (half hour drive) to pick up my other Ndogs preorders . . . got my Daschund!

I got another preorder doggie bag . . . this is a big store. Clerk said they only got 2 bonuses and had 15 preorders!

Then I had a cool Goodwill stop on my way back . . . SNES games . . . see Deal/Shopping Bragging Rights thread for details.

God fucking dammit! I went down there today after confirming that I'd be able to get it with three games, sure enough the guy fumbles around and then decides that I need four games when I get there. I'm glad I brought a back up game just in case, unfortunately it was Sonic Advance, something I absolutely did not want to get rid of. I was caught in construction on the way there and so I was almost late for work and couldn't argue with him.

Well, I have great news (for me). I went to pick up my Dachsund, and asked about the lunch bag, and they only had one left, so that was mine. But the truth is, the game isn't THAT appealing to me, not enough to buy a DS (which I don't have), so I asked if it was possible to just transfer the preorder from Nintendogs to store credit to be used at a later date. I was expected a quick denial.

Instead, the guy (who might have been the asst. manager) said, "I can do that for you, just don't let my boss find out." So all of a sudden I needed to decide if I wanted the game and bonus, or if I wanted the store credit (which was much more logical for me).

So I played the demo of it for a while, decided the game just didn't interest me much, and got 32.21 placed on an eb gift card for later use.

Clearly, this is YMMV, but if you don't really want Nintendogs and just wanted to unload old games, you should consider this...I can now buy whatever I want...YAY

[quote name='Roufuss'][quote name='Arkay Firestar']Hey, are you guys paying tax on these? I just traded in two worthless games and Lady Sia, which I got for 4.99, and the girl at EB, though busty and rather hot, told me through broken logic that I needed to pay 2.31 tax. I'm not THAT stingy, to get a new first party DS game for 7-8 bucks and complain, but I'm wondering if the girl didn't know what she was talking about.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I didn't have to pay tax at all.

But oddly enough, I did get taxed on my Advance Wars preorder.

And you don't need the text at the bottom of the coupon... all you need is for the barcode and numbers under it to be legible, really.[/QUOTE]

(Sorry if this has been answered. I haven't finished readin the thread)

It all depends on your state laws. Here in Utah, you don't have to pay tax on trades (although I think that the store is responsible for it?). (This is why I didn't get AW: DS with my second Nintendogs order. I am just waiting for a game that I want that is $29.99. If I'm going to pay a bit extra for tax, it might as well be on just one game instead of two that I was going to get anyway.) But other states, you do have to pay for it. And the probable reason you had to pay for tax on Advance Wars is either: A.) You paid with cash (same as a regular purchase) or B.) You transferred the Nintendogs credit ($29.99 + $.01) to the Advance Wars preorder which is $34.99. In the second case, since the whole price would not have been paid for in trade credit (there is a balance to be paid in cash), you would then be responsible for the tax on the total cost of the product. I don't know your situation, those are just two likely scenarios.

[quote name='Ultimatallica0']God fucking dammit! I went down there today after confirming that I'd be able to get it with three games, sure enough the guy fumbles around and then decides that I need four games when I get there. I'm glad I brought a back up game just in case, unfortunately it was Sonic Advance, something I absolutely did not want to get rid of. I was caught in construction on the way there and so I was almost late for work and couldn't argue with him.[/QUOTE]

that sucks, you should have just purchased a $5 game to complete it.

Had no problems with a color print out at the EB in the Eden Prairie Mall, MN. They seemed like nice guys.

Nintendogs: Lab is mine.

I wonder if my stores still have any bonuses left. I doubt it. I hope I don';t have any problems with using the printed coupon. I know I will if I get that lazy @$$ who works at one of them.

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']I wonder if my stores still have any bonuses left. I doubt it. I hope I don';t have any problems with using the printed coupon. I know I will if I get that lazy @$$ who works at one of them.[/QUOTE]

If you didn't preorder, then you're unlikely to get the bonus.

[quote name='sabin23']How'd you get so many?[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpian
I have hard copies of the' trade in 3 get nintendogs free' coupons on one side they are the coupons on the other is a big blue nintendogs bone sticker, real cool.
anyway if ya want one message me with your address and ill send them out for a small fee about a $1.00 or less
I have 18 of them

cheap on my fellow CAGer's

How'd you get so many?

I belong to streetwise for nintendogs :)

I didn't have luck getting the bonuses upon pickup...I preordered at the teeny tiniest mall store ever, so who knows where they'd even store lunch bags if they had them. I *really* want a screen cleaner though. Anyone got one they're willing to unload? Or even just a digital pic of what they look like? Does it attach nicely to the thumb strap or dangle loosely and slide about?

EDIT: BTW, when they called to say the preorder was in, they specifically mentioned that I could still take advantage of the nintendogs trade-in 4 games deal when picking up my game. So that deal is still on-going, but I can't speak to the coupon, since it specifically says preorders.

My EBgames finally got the pre-order bonuses in today (Thursday), so I finally got to pick up the game and the bonuses today after bugging them all week on the phone. FWIW, there were 25 pre-orders and only 8 bonuses at my local EB.

i got the coupon to work yesterday. the first eb i went to said i couldn't use it because it specifically said preorders, but the second let me use it after mashing keys on the register for like 10 minutes trying to get the coupon to work. it's definitely worth a shot.

Anybody know how to host a PDF?

I have an email with the Nintendogs offer in it from Eb games. I have it scanned into my computer... well page three of their email and I will host it for all to have.

Went to 3 EBs today.
First one said it was only for preorders.
Second sold out.
And third took in 3 copies of Iridion 3D, 2 Hobbits, and 1 Lady Sia to get me two copies of the game.

[quote name='io']I am out of town and have been trying to call my EB to make sure they hold my Dach. and preorder bonus till I can get in there on Thursday. I called a few times between 6 and 9 pm Monday, and several times all day today. THEY HAVEN'T ANSWERED THEIR PHONE ONCE!!! I double-checked the number at EB.com and called a nearby store to verify the phone number (and ask if the original store suddenly closed or something). I have no idea what's going on. They also haven't called my home phone to let me know the game is in. EB SUCKS, in my experience :D.

I just called another nearby store and they are going to call for me and check on my preorder. Very wierd. I have no problem calling anywhere else back home with my cell (e.g., I just called an EB 1/2 mile from the mall store no problem). If he gets through I don't know what to think about that...
[/QUOTE]

An update:

I went in to the EB today, and their phones are STILL out. However, they had my Dach. and 1 and exactly 1 Nintendogs bag left. So, I take it back, EB doesn't suck :D.

No it doesn't at all ^_^
I was able to sell my exchange my lab version for a Daschound - which my cousin could not find anywhere (odd o-o) and gave me thirty dollars for! He didn't want to unload any GBA games when I told him about the deal - rather dish out the thirty bucks - anywho - I was able to use that and get Advance Wars! Each version of Nintendogs and Advance Wars - all for 12 cheapass GBA games - 3 of which were POX.

This thread is awesome. :cool:
[quote name='io']An update:

I went in to the EB today, and their phones are STILL out. However, they had my Dach. and 1 and exactly 1 Nintendogs bag left. So, I take it back, EB doesn't suck :D.[/QUOTE]

went to eb with the coupon and they told me the offer is only good for pre order and couldnt get the coupon to scan. They told me i can do the trade in 4 games up until tomorrow.

I'll be getting a DS on Monday from my friend, and I know I will want this game. I know it's probably been discussed, but what GBA games are there that I can get cheap and trade in to make this deal extra sweet? All of my GBA games I want to keep (except Megaman Zero).

Word going around is that big N didn't expect this much demand and after the first initial shipment won't ship any more out until the end of September..

Oh, and call your local EB this week, a lot of EB's are getting more stock of the preorder bonuses.

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']I'll be getting a DS on Monday from my friend, and I know I will want this game. I know it's probably been discussed, but what GBA games are there that I can get cheap and trade in to make this deal extra sweet? All of my GBA games I want to keep (except Megaman Zero).[/QUOTE]

EB has $4.99 GBA games (and maybe some at $3.99 but they're hard to come by) which will work. Just go in store, look at the yellow labels and they'll say if they're PO or POX. You can buy 4 PO games with EDGE for ~$20 after tax. But it's not much of a deal then, you save about $10 which may or may not be worth the trouble.

My bro tried to use the coupon... and it didn't work. Total bullsh*t that they bring out the coupon after the game's released making it totally void (or YMMV).

Oh well, my copy's sitting at home and it only cost me 4 GBA games and 2 extras which are at waste as this stupid f*cking coupon took so long.

I head to EBgames tomorrow with coupon inhand. I only have three GBA games. They'll except these right?

-Sonic Advance
-GBA Video: Fairly Oddparents
-Spyro(I forget which one)

If that doesn't work I brought a bunch of games DVD's and CD's to trade in instead. I'd prefer not to though, so wish me luck!

EDIT:
I checked and they're not on the Pox List. This is kind of off topic, but incase they require 4 games, what would I have to add to a Sealed Copy of Madden 05 DS to trade for Nintendogs?

[quote name='maxguy56']I head to EBgames tomorrow with coupon inhand. I only have three GBA games. They'll except these right?

-Sonic Advance
-GBA Video: Fairly Oddparents
-Spyro(I forget which one)

If that doesn't work I brought a bunch of games DVD's and CD's to trade in instead. I'd prefer not to though, so wish me luck!

EDIT:
I checked and they're not on the Pox List. This is kind of off topic, but incase they require 4 games, what would I have to add to a Sealed Copy of Madden 05 DS to trade for Nintendogs?[/QUOTE]
IMO you'd be better served by taking that sealed Madden 05 to Wal Mart and exchanging it for store credit (and then a game) because they'll actually give you what it costs new, whereas EB will give you what they feel it's worth, used.

Tried to do the deal with a coupon printout to get a second copy of the game (wife-to-be playing the first one, will be a while before we can buy a second dog for me). No store in my area (So-Cal) had a copy in stock. So much for that. Just went to GameRush and used some of my stockpiled credit that was otherwise 360-bound.

[quote name='Vinny']EB has $4.99 GBA games (and maybe some at $3.99 but they're hard to come by) which will work. Just go in store, look at the yellow labels and they'll say if they're PO or POX. You can buy 4 PO games with EDGE for ~$20 after tax. But it's not much of a deal then, you save about $10 which may or may not be worth the trouble.

My bro tried to use the coupon... and it didn't work. Total bullsh*t that they bring out the coupon after the game's released making it totally void (or YMMV).

Oh well, my copy's sitting at home and it only cost me 4 GBA games and 2 extras which are at waste as this stupid f*cking coupon took so long.[/QUOTE] Thanks man, much appreciated. I saw a Game and Watch Gallery 4 GBA game in there yesterday for $4.99, and since I just got my DS today ($63, w00t!) I'll be going back in an hour or so to get Nintendogs. When I was in there yesterday, they had a pretty large stack of the game, so I'm hoping they didn't sell out already. Hopefully the employee will accept the coupon and let me do 3 instead of 4, and hopefully he won't be too mad if I act like a total cheapass and use my Edge card on that $5 GBA game to use toward the trade-in. :D

I went to EB yesterday, and traded in:

* Megaman: Zero
* Mario Kart: Super Circuit
* Game and Watch Gallery 4 (which I bought for $5 to use for the deal)

I got the Chihuahua version free (with the coupon). The employee was really cool and helpful, and he didn't seem to object when I bought that $5 game for the deal. I did ask if they had any of the lunchbags still (I knew they did, since I saw three of them on the rack behind the counter) and he said he couldn't give me one because some people hadn't come in yet to get their pre-orders. Oh well, at least I got the game. No harm done, it's just a little bag. Maybe if I go back in 2 days or so he will let me have one... hopefully... :D

=\
Good deal of course - but those were some good games you let go ' '
[quote name='Sk8erlink7']I went to EB yesterday, and traded in:

* Megaman: Zero
* Mario Kart: Super Circuit
* Game and Watch Gallery 4 (which I bought for $5 to use for the deal)

I got the Chihuahua version free (with the coupon). The employee was really cool and helpful, and he didn't seem to object when I bought that $5 game for the deal. I did ask if they had any of the lunchbags still (I knew they did, since I saw three of them on the rack behind the counter) and he said he couldn't give me one because some people hadn't come in yet to get their pre-orders. Oh well, at least I got the game. No harm done, it's just a little bag. Maybe if I go back in 2 days or so he will let me have one... hopefully... :D[/QUOTE]

Visited 2 EBs today and the first store wont let me use it since it is for "pre order" and the second store cant get the coupon to scan and told me the trade in 4 games deal ended.

[quote name='ThePlatinumStag']=\
Good deal of course - but those were some good games you let go ' '[/QUOTE] Well, I had good reason behind my trades. I traded Mario Kart because Mario Kart DS is coming soon and I traded Megaman because I can find Megaman Zero 3 or 4 for cheap later on if I really feel the need to play it. The only reason I would even think about keeping them is for collection purposes, but that's why I kept the boxes, just in case I find them cheaper later on down the road.

I can't believe how much trouble some people are having with finding the Daschund version. I walked into TRU two days ago and got the bundle (DS, Starter Kit, and Nintendogs) for $149.93. I just picked up the Daschund version and they had plenty left. It was in MI BTW.

Why is everyone falling for this "I can't get coupon to scan... durrrrr..." Where did they find these employees? If they are too retarded, just type the freakin' number in for them! It's not that hard to figure out. If they still have problems, just kick their magazine rack off the counter and run away!

[quote name='MorPhiend']Why is everyone falling for this "I can't get coupon to scan... durrrrr..." Where did they find these employees? If they are too retarded, just type the freakin' number in for them! It's not that hard to figure out. If they still have problems, just kick their magazine rack off the counter and run away![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had 2 different stores shoot my down so I just gave up. I had gotten one very early on with 3 GBA games, but wanted a different version for my daughter. No big deal, I'll just wait till the holiday one comes out or something.

First store used both the "preorder" and "no copies" excuse. Said the coupons were only meant one per family and they had no idea if I had used one (or many) somewhere else since I printed them off the internet (which I fully disclosed).

The second one was all set to do it manually after the computer didn't do it automatically (they didn't try scanning the coupon or entering any code - they insisted they never take coupons and it should just work). However, since the computer wouldn't do it (duh!) they came up with the excuse that it was because I was trading 2 GBA videos, and the coupon "clearly says games only" (which it doesn't but whatever - it says "games", no "only"). The GBA videos rang up PO too, so they couldn't use that excuse. Manager said he would have done an override if I was trading in 3 games, but not with the videos. Bahh - at least I was able to do a NASCAR preorder and the guy OFFERED (right in front of the manager no less) to only put $5 down and the rest of the $45 on my Edge card! So I left happy anyway :D. Maybe some day I'll mosey into that store and see if I can get my $5 back, but it really is out of my way...

i had my eb enter the coupon code when i was in there and we tried a random pick of games from the inventory. the computer came back with nothing. so the guy working (manager) said that the coupon was a no-go. this took about 15 minutes of punching keys though.

at any rate i got my second copy for 11 bucks at a local used game store after some credit i had (cd/game exchange if people want to know). oh and it was dachshund too!

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']Does the coupon expire the 5th, or is that the last day it is good?[/QUOTE]

Who knows? It's extremely YMMV if you get it to work at all. It says "Coupon Effective till September 5th, 2005" so it would be my guess that it would still work on the 5th.

I had a legitimate coupon and the guy at EB wouldn't go for it, mainly because it said 'preorder' but also because they had none in stock. I already have a copy of N-dogs thanks to the 4-for-1 deal, so I didn't push it. I don't know if I'm going to try one of the others around here.

i finally picked up my nintendogs today that i preordered a long time ago. WHOO!!! now to get a DS and play it. at least now i have a good excuse.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Why is everyone falling for this "I can't get coupon to scan... durrrrr..." Where did they find these employees? If they are too retarded, just type the freakin' number in for them! It's not that hard to figure out. If they still have problems, just kick their magazine rack off the counter and run away![/QUOTE]

:rofl:

i got 2 coupons off someone here and the dude at eb said they wont take them... I was just wondering since it does say PREORDER. COuldnt use them even if they did take them cause all the stores are sold out of the game.... the coupon still makes a cool sticker

I tried to use this coupon on the 4th; the coupon rang in, but didn't bump up the value of the games. The manager said it's probably because it's for pre-orders. :(

bread's done
Back