Cowboy Bebop REMIX deals

Blade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
724 (100%)
There was a topic started about this back in April, but I think deals are different now. ;)

So, where can I find legal Cowboy Bebop REMIX DVDs for extremely cheap?

Deepdiscount has them for $17.99 each. The thing that shocked me was how quickly each volume is getting released:

COWBOY BEBOP REMIX V.01 Release Date: 09/13/05
COWBOY BEBOP REMIX V.02 Release Date: 10/25/05
COWBOY BEBOP REMIX V.03 Release Date: 11/22/05

I'm just so used to anime dvd's getting released every 3 months. So this is great news.

Indeed, I can't wait to see them as they were originally intended to be seen. Cowboy Bebop is my most favorite anime series.

How many volumes are there going to be, and will we see a boxed set anytime soon?

I'm pretty sure theirs going to be six sets. And as for the box, I'm not sure. But if they do, I hope they sell the box separately, because I'm going to be picking each volume up as they get released.

[quote name='Larsin']so what exactly is the difference between the regular DVDs and the Remix versions?[/QUOTE]

Improved transfers, remastered 5.1 audio tracks, and some added features like commentaries, interviews, Session 0, etc.

Dang, that first volume hits the week after my b-day... with Burnout Revenge and We Love Katamari... I hope I get lots of b-day monies :((((... Heheh.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']I'm pretty sure theirs going to be six sets. And as for the box, I'm not sure. But if they do, I hope they sell the box separately, because I'm going to be picking each volume up as they get released.[/QUOTE]

Same here or at least I'm going to try to. If not now then DDD sale, here I come with more stuff. Anyway, I concur that I hope that with one of the volumes later down the line that they sell it with a box or just the box seperately or at least give us some advanced notice of a box set.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Improved transfers, remastered 5.1 audio tracks, and some added features like commentaries, interviews, Session 0, etc.[/QUOTE]
Session 0 is in the first ones as well.

Wonder if they are going the route of the original release. An eventual limited edition collection with that box with the flap on top. People are unloading the original 6 dvd set on ebay alot these days as well.

I'll probably wait for a box set before I buy.

[quote name='Gara']Wonder if they are going the route of the original release. An eventual limited edition collection with that box with the flap on top. People are unloading the original 6 dvd set on ebay alot these days as well.[/QUOTE]

I sold my extra set a while back, but I think I'll hang on to my LE box #0551. :cool:

As much as I hate shopping there...

I was in our local Super Walmart the other day, they have Bebop remix for $17.87 or so. FYI, I picked mine up there.

DVDplanet is cheaper but also iffy customer service.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Isnt there normally another one of those deepdiscountdvd sales during the winter? and the other is during the summer, correct?[/QUOTE]

I predict that the next sale will happen sometime before Volume 3 comes out. Although, it would be great if it happened after, and people could pick up the first three volumes for $15 each.

I really want a box set of these, so I'm going to try and follow this as closely as possible so that way when (if) a box set of the Remixes comes out, I can jump on it.

It's doubtful any single disc is going to contain all of session 0. Most likely it'll be split among all of the discs (since each disc will contain 5/4 episodes and 2 5.1 soundtracks)

[quote name='So Play The Violins']I really want a box set of these, so I'm going to try and follow this as closely as possible so that way when (if) a box set of the Remixes comes out, I can jump on it.[/QUOTE]Same here... it's a pain when you buy all the DVD's separately, then they completely repackage them in a much more convenient/compact/cheap box set later on. Escaflowne and Final Fantasy Unlimited jump to mind as two series that have done this. On the other hand you have the "FLCL Method," where one of the DVD's has a "deluxe edition" that includes a box for the rest of the series. I need these new Bebop DVD's but I want some official word on box set plans. And I think it's obvious that there WILL be a box - the only question is if it will be a complete repackaging, or if they'll just include the box in a deluxe version of the final volume.

bread's done
Back