Darksiders price drop - Gamestop $39.99 (New)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Brownjohn']You ordered the new copy, right? I'm pretty sure you wont get the $10 credit if you pickup the used copy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I ordered a new copy. I logged into my account and the status is showing up as shipped, even though I didn't receive any e-mails about it being shipped or about my $10 code. I did receive an order confirmation when I ordered so I know they have my correct e-mail address.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I just picked up a used copy of Darksiders

used feb10off coupon and a previous 10 off future order coupon that I had, yup it let me combine them.

Came to 20.86 after tax....not bad at all.

Maybe i'll get lucky and the used copy will have the code for RFG in it as well...[/QUOTE]

I have not been so lucky. The $10 off coupon cancels all other codes. Let me know if there was a special process you did to combine the two coupons. Maybe the order you put them in?

Can anyone else confirm stacking coupons?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed that the used version of Darksiders says "may not include an instruction manual or original box."

I thought they had started guaranteeing box and manual on the website?

This makes me wonder if I should take a chance just to be able to use cag16. Might be better to find a used copy at a local store that has a mystery code...

Missing out on cag16, $2.00 higher in store and time and gas to find one with a code will add up to about $10. I'm thinking Red Faction Guerrilla will hit $10 or less at some point...

What do you think?

I just bit the bullet. First time GS-Online order for me. There is no need to use the "SAVER" promo as they are currently providing free shipping for orders over $29 i believe. It won't let you use it either because of said promo. The 10% off code worked for a new copy. Finally found a suitable time to use my giftcard from the hollywood video flip.

good looks op.

*EDIT* also called some local shops and everyone has them at 59.99 and 54.99used. Who knows when/if the price drop happens in-store.

[quote name='cchen326']Looks like gamestop has been running more promotions recently to counter amazon and bestbuy[/QUOTE]

Tax, opened copy (for retail stores) and no free shipping are big advantages.
The biggest one though is that they never have good sales, at least not that I now of, except for this one.

[quote name='bwrobins']I have not been so lucky. The $10 off coupon cancels all other codes. Let me know if there was a special process you did to combine the two coupons. Maybe the order you put them in?

Can anyone else confirm stacking coupons?[/QUOTE]

i did the feb10off first then the 10 off coupon i had

Darksiders 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours
$32.99

Ship this package to:
******** Shipping Method:
SA Value - $0.00

Subtotal: $19.69
Estimated Tax: $1.18
Handling: $2.99
Total: $20.87

Its weird how it shows there was a shipping charge but it doesn't add in the total... but it worked for me

Figures, this would be the one time that Gamestop doesn't gut a game. I seriously don't think I've ever actually had them offer me a sealed copy of a game before, and this is the one time I wanted a gutted one so that I could be sure the voucher was there . . .

The girl behind the counter there told me that she doubts that the copies they have now would have the voucher. Of course she wouldn't open it for me before buying (I mean, anywhere else I wouldn't even ask, but they like opening games so much that I thought it might not be an issue). So I passed -- I guess I'll either check other stores for a used copy that still has it (the one used one they had there didn't), or order online so that I at least get the $10 coupon.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']See post #154 in this thread. I posted that they FINALLY revealed the bonus for the code TODAY.

You get a copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla for either PS3 or 360 and a supposedly disc version of a digital artbook on a cd/dvd.

But you DO have to pay $5 shipping for it.

Unfortunately, it's listed as 'electronic download' under details on the info/payment screen. So it might be a digital download for both.

But I plan on holding THQ to the 'disc' thing in their blog post from today for both.[/QUOTE]

This is sweet! Thanks man, for reporting :)
I'm echoing the info again here, just in case someone else asks the same question. I'll redeem my code shortly :)
man, I was very close for ordering RedG from Amazon, many thanks dude!

Oh now all sudden the RedG posts make sense :lol:

edit: by RedG I meant RFG, I forgot the F...

Last edited by a moderator:
*EDIT* also called some local shops and everyone has them at 59.99 and 54.99used. Who knows when/if the price drop happens in-store.

I was in 2 stores today and the used ones were marked $34.99.

[quote name='token2k6']Well, just got back. In the end and no matter what I've said about this game, I have to say thanks OP! combined w/ a $31.XX in-store price w/ EDGE and this promo code, it looks like 2 games for $15 each to me :D

Hit up a store that had plenty of copies for 360 and PS3. Decided to get the PS3 version since it seems I'm getting all these 'brawler' type games on that platform..Six used copies, 3 w/ codes. I thought about jacking the other codes for personal gain or CAG, but would rather have good karma this weekend. So I left the other two in tact, behind the ones that didn't (West Oaks location) For all you completists out there, I noticed there is also a unique Harvester weapon sheet in there, no code, just some instructions. Very lucky to grab this as it was only in one of the six..good luck guys!

now please somebody tell me not to be paranoid about the chances of someone writing down that code waiting to redeem it..that cannot be possible![/QUOTE]

The Harvester(Death's scythe) is NOT a unique weapon. I think it was either Scorch or someone else who works for HWV/GC who let us know that the Harvester is able to be unlocked without a special unique code.

All you have to do is enter in The Hollow Lord(properly spaced and capitalized exactly like I did, no underscores, just spaces)in where it allows you to enter codes(hit start, in options someplace).

Once you enter it, you'll be able to 'buy' it from Vulgrim(weapons dealer in the game)the first time you visit him.

It's a pretty overpowered weapon and allows you to combine it with the Chaoseater(weapon you use by hitting Square)to make up some interesting combos.

However, you get an even more overpowered weapon later in the game. It's a metal 'shock gauntlet' that allows you to make shockwaves to push back opponents.

It's a FUN game and with the gauntlet and Chaoseater both enabled, you should have NO problems kicking every enemies ass. Although the bigger ones and most bosses can be killed fairly easy using the Chaos Form(L1 and R2).

From what it sounds like on the thread about the voucher, even a lot of people that bought the game on day one didn't get vouchers. So I definitely wouldn't count on a copy ordered now having one.

I decided that I don't feel like driving all over the area looking for a used copy that has it, so I just went ahead and ordered a new copy from the site. At least I'll get the $10 coupon. :whistle2:|

[quote name='genfuyung']anybody thinking theyll be able to find a used copy that hasnt had the code used is kidding themselves.[/QUOTE]

Considering that the bonus for keeping the code was JUST released today, any copies floating out there with the code voucher still in the package SHOULD be able to be redeemed, unless the prior owner copied the code and just kept checking back on the Darksiders website.

UPDATE to the code bonus thing:

I just received this e-mail earlier tonight regarding the bonus from the voucher code. Here's THQ's response(pasted and quoted below):

UPDATE: I just checked my e-mail and I received the following response from THQ regarding what form each of these extras will be in. I've quoted it below:

Response :
Thank you, Michael, for contacting THQ Customer Support.

While we have not received full info regarding these promos here in this department, we can tell you the following:

The code offers both a hard copy disc of the RFG game, as well as the Darksiders Extras. This disc is mailed to your home address, covered by the $4.99 shipping and handling fee. I'm sorry, this department cannot answer any questions about the fee.

Once the code is entered and the "Send" or "Next" button is hit, the code is then invalid for future use.

At this time we do not have further info, but as we receive more, we will post it on our Support website: www.thq.com/support
If you receive a redemption failure, please provide us with the code for further research.

Best regards,

Jodie G
THQ Customer Support
http://support.thq.com

We hope this will help resolve this inquiry. If it does not, please use the link below to come to our website and add to or clarify your question. You may need to cut and paste the entire link (it may span two lines) into the address line of your web browser.

So there you have it. Pay $4.99 and receive Red Faction: Guerrilla(unsure if it'll come in just a cardboard sleeve like people said GH:VH did) AND the Darksiders Extras disc.

Not a bad deal for a $20-30 game and some extras in a disc format.

This would be very sweet if Gamestop price matches Amazon's FFXIII hardcover guide and all of us who bought darksiders use that 10 buck coupon and get it for $10!

Ahh, a guy can hope.

[quote name='prayformojo']Nevermind, issue was with my credit card, for some reason they had my name wrong on the card.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know until I saw your post that my order got canceled.
The reason was I put wrong expiration date.

Wow... no wonder it has not been shipped for two days.
At least, give us heads up darn you GS.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I didn't know until I saw your post that my order got canceled.

At least, give us heads up darn you GS.[/QUOTE]
Their e-mailing system is awful. I still haven't gotten my $10 code even though it's already shipped and I ordered on Thursday.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']Ordered Friday morning have received the code yet.[/QUOTE]
I just ended up calling their customer service number and they gave me the code over the phone.

(800) 883-8895

Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (CST); Saturday - Sunday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (CST)

YMMV, but you might get a copy with the "secret code" for the $5 copy of Red Faction. (Though I bought mine from the store.)

[quote name='seanr1221']Anyone know what the trade in price plummeted to?[/QUOTE]

I believe someone in the Gamestop trade thread said it went all the way down to $12.50 now.:cry::roll: What's even sicker is that Dante's Inferno, which just came out last week, only has a TIV of $20.:bomb:

I know Gamestop has to make money on buying back used games and shit, but a $20 TIV less than a week from a game's release. Gimme a fuckin' break.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I didn't know until I saw your post that my order got canceled.

At least, give us heads up darn you GS.[/QUOTE]

The scary part is that this system's been broken since at least the release of Warcraft 3. When GS swallowed EB, (or however that worked) they changed the GS site to the EB structure, and ate their terrible system with it.

I ordered the WC3 CE with release date shipping back then, just to find out their system wouldn't take my card, didn't notify me, and I didn't get the game in time. Ended up telling them off, cancelling my order and ordering from Amazon. So unprofessional.

[quote name='seanr1221']Anyone know what the trade in price plummeted to?[/QUOTE]

Amazon's trade-in of the PS3 version is $31.25. So, I could buy Darksiders for $39.99, (possibly) get the free game code, get a $10 online e-card and if I hate Darksiders I could just send it back to Amazon for $31.25.

...I don't know if I want to do it (damned backlog), but it does seem like a tempting deal. :bouncy:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

I know Gamestop has to make money on buying back used games and shit, but a $20 TIV less than a week from a game's release. Gimme a fuckin' break.[/QUOTE]

Half.com or ebay. Problem solved.

I ended up buying 3 copies of the PS3 Version for $115 or so after tax and FEB10OFF coupon. Paid with some credit that I got from trading in Mass Effect 2, BioShock 2 PS3, Tales of Vesperia and UnCharted. (I beat the first two, disliked UnCharted and intend to buy a sealed copy of Tales later this year.)

QUESTION: Do the $10 coupons stack? Will I get 3 coupons for buying 3 copies? Can I USE those 3 coupons in one purchase? (I'd like to buy 2 copies of the 360 Version to trade in to Amazon, also, but I'd need the $30 from coupons to have enough credit to cover that.)

[quote name='RedGamer']I ended up buying 3 copies of the PS3 Version for $115 or so after tax and FEB10OFF coupon. Paid with some credit that I got from trading in Mass Effect 2, BioShock 2 PS3, Tales of Vesperia and UnCharted. (I beat the first two, disliked UnCharted and intend to buy a sealed copy of Tales later this year.)

QUESTION: Do the $10 coupons stack? Will I get 3 coupons for buying 3 copies? Can I USE those 3 coupons in one purchase? (I'd like to buy 2 copies of the 360 Version to trade in to Amazon, also, but I'd need the $30 from coupons to have enough credit to cover that.)[/QUOTE]

If you use the 20% off code it applies twice when you order 3 games. So I think thats a little bit extra off your purchase than the 10% on the total.

Weird i ordered on friday and still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation email, just an order confirmation. Should i call gamestop up ?

edit* i just checked my order history and it says that the order is "closed" which means that the order has been completely shipped or canceled. Wthell is going on?

[quote name='riddler']Weird i ordered on friday and still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation email, just an order confirmation. Should i call gamestop up ?

edit* i just checked my order history and it says that the order is "closed" which means that the order has been completely shipped or canceled. Wthell is going on?[/QUOTE]

Click on the order number when viewing your order history..it should have a tracking # and show that it shipped.

I haven't received an e-mail yet on mine but it says it shipped when I log into my account and look at the order history

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Click on the order number when viewing your order history..it should have a tracking # and show that it shipped.

I haven't received an e-mail yet on mine but it says it shipped when I log into my account and look at the order history[/QUOTE]

ooo wow, thanks for the info, that's a relief. :bouncy:

Now why in the world haven't we gotten our 10 dollar credits yet if it has shipped? Oh well just have to wait i guess.

For those ordering the PS3 version, you may wish to hold off on it. I'm actually thinking of returning my copy as defective tomorrow, since it's been restarting my PS3 about once every couple of times.

I end up getting the 3 beep bad shutdown and then the system restarts after it hangs at the 'please wait' screen when attempting to quit out of the game.

While not game breaking, I wonder if all of those instances of it quitting out to the xmb bad via restarting the PS3 will do some damage to the file system or something after awhile.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those ordering the PS3 version, you may wish to hold off on it. I'm actually thinking of returning my copy as defective tomorrow, since it's been restarting my PS3 about once every couple of times.

I end up getting the 3 beep bad shutdown and then the system restarts after it hangs at the 'please wait' screen when attempting to quit out of the game.

While not game breaking, I wonder if all of those instances of it quitting out to the xmb bad via restarting the PS3 will do some damage to the file system or something after awhile.[/QUOTE]

Dang sorry to hear you're having problems. Is this just an isolated case, or have there been others with the same problem?

[quote name='RevNick86']If you use the 20% off code it applies twice when you order 3 games. So I think thats a little bit extra off your purchase than the 10% on the total.[/QUOTE]

That is true but for some reason when i went to use my $10 off code for my next purchase the code wouldn't work with the FEB20 20% off code but the $10 off coupon did work w/ FEB10OFF

[quote name='riddler']Dang sorry to hear you're having problems. Is this just an isolated case, or have there been others with the same problem?[/QUOTE]

I played the game from start to finish on the PS3 with no issues at all, as well
as some of my other chums.

Sounds like an isolated incident.

[quote name='saintavi']I played the game from start to finish on the PS3 with no issues at all, as well
as some of my other chums.

Sounds like an isolated incident.[/QUOTE]

I'm not the only one to experience this though. Many people on the Darksiders forums have had it happen to them.

If it happens again before the 20th of this month(30 days since I bought it), then it's going back until they can fix the issue.

[quote name='oasisboy']Half.com or ebay. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

But then how would he constantly bitch about Gamestop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back